• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favorite Zelda Game Poll

What is your favorite Zelda Game?

• Total voters

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Typical casual gamer. When the game gets hard. Quit.

Wind Waker = easiest Zelda ever. Next to Twilight.
Seconded.

I question why people get into these games if not to challenge their minds... >_>

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, judging by the route WW and TP have taken (thought TP is definitely harder than WW), then challenging our minds with Zelda is becoming less and less of a reason to like the games. They're not really that challenging anymore, unfortunately.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I do love the Zelda lore. It is a compelling aspect by itself, but the pathetic nature of the games' difficulty is neutralizing it. If Zelda were of moderate difficulty, I could forgive it. However, the games being painfully easy gives the Zelda universe a tarnished/kiddy appeal. It is really quite depressing.

My desire is not to have some M-rated Zelda game with maximum violence. I simply want a Zelda game where combat is difficult.

zaneebaslave

Smash Journeyman
I wish to change my vote to ALttP. I just realized that, though I never beat it and I think its a very frustrating game full of impossible creatures and a completely ******** cluster-**** Moth boss where I run out of magic and have to chase it around with a sword while the floor moves and metal spikes chase me while the moth shoots laser beams and fire balls in every direction while my blood pressure rises to dangerous levels and I feel like killing kittens and ripping the hair off babies when i lose...

Wait nevermind. I dont want to change my vote. forget I said anything.

My top 5 Favourite Zelda games are:
1. Minish Cap - This is the most fun I have ever had on a GBA, I must rate this my favourite Zelda game so far because it was extensive for a GBA game and Ezlo was a great character.

2. Link to the Past - I love this game, I am still playing on my Wii Console Games.

3. Ocarina of Time - Great game, enough said.

4. Legend of Zelda - The Original one and just a simple yet good game.

5. Wind Waker - Without Toon Link, the Legend of Zelda would have been a little too serious, he lightened it up again.

morgoth834

Smash Cadet
1. ALTTP: The single greatest game ever... Between Dark World and Hyrule there was just so much to explore. Don't know why OoT is considered better... Must be nostalgia.

2. MM: The hardest and my favorite 3D Zelda Game. Very Fun and Unique although the final boss left a bit to be desired IMO.

3. OoT: A great and classic game.

4. AoL: Dark Link... Need I say more?

5. LoZ: Fun and Simple. This game was incredibly challenging... I still curse Wizzrobes.

Edit: Accidently voted for WW... :urg: Dang Computer!

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
My favorite one is Majora's Mask with A Link to the Past, the original NES Zelda, and Ocarina of Time of close second.

MM is more challenging and the Great Bay temple was more fun than the OOT Water Temple.

Anyway, what does the other stand for? LOL

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I gotta say:

1. Twilight Princess: Although it lacks any real replay value outside of beating the game again [which I've done about 4 times], I still think it's a well-constructed game with probably the most revolutionary virtual reality control scheme ever, & possibly the most important title of this generation of gaming because of that. Plus it plays out d*** fine. o___O

2. (tie) Ocarina of Time: This game changed everything, & it quite frankly is amazing. I've wasted so much of my life not just rebeating it, but redoing all the fun mini-games. If it had Twilight Princess' Wii controls, it'd probably be my #1... :lick:

2. (tie) A Link to the Past: Very hard, very fun, very awesome. The Dark world simply put is amazing. It simply put, possibly changed the course of gaming. Plus that gameplay is amazing!

4. The Legend of Zelda: The Zelda game I've played the most. It simply put-has endless replay value. I've beaten that game almost 20 times, & it feels brand new each time. I'm simply put, addicted to this game.

I've got the NES ROM, Famicom ROM, & 3 different modded ROMs [each with several altered features of it] on both my home computers [not to mention the game editor/world map creator I have for one of my home computers], both the NES & Famicom ROMs on my labtop, a NES copy, & I have it on my "Zelda: Collector's Edition" disc. In other words I plain & simple can't avoid the game, & I don't want to. Often times I'll just sit & play that game for hours... :psycho: Maybe I should've chosen that as my favorite Zelda game, lol! :laugh:

5. (tie) The Wind Waker - Fun, incredible gameplay, great sea navigation (the fact it doesn't lag still AMAZES ME!), & island hopping is addicting...

5. (tie) Majora's Mask - The masks are super fun, the levels are extremely creative, & the themes, challenges, & enemies are nothing short of awesome.

Don't mind me being a title Nazi, but the official title is "the Wind Waker," not "Wind Waker." I know. I have no soul. :urg: :chuckle: :psycho:

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I wish to change my vote to ALttP. I just realized that, though I never beat it and I think its a very frustrating game full of impossible creatures and a completely ******** cluster-**** Moth boss where I run out of magic and have to chase it around with a sword while the floor moves and metal spikes chase me while the moth shoots laser beams and fire balls in every direction while my blood pressure rises to dangerous levels and I feel like killing kittens and ripping the hair off babies when i lose...

Wait nevermind. I dont want to change my vote. forget I said anything.
That's precisely why I didn't vote for it! Challenge is good, but outright ridiculousness is **** annoying.

For that reason, my vote went to OoT. I almost voted for TP or MM, but TP was a little too easy, and MM just doesn't measure up to OoT IMO.

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
5. (tie) The Wind Waker - Fun, incredible gameplay, great sea navigation (the fact it doesn't lag still AMAZES ME!), & island hopping is addicting...
Wow, that's a really good point. Lack of a loading screen on the sea never occurred to me before. That is pretty amazing.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Wow, that's a really good point. Lack of a loading screen on the sea never occurred to me before. That is pretty amazing.
It really is. WW's graphics were amazing, but honestly, isn't as epic as OoT. OoT feels like the god of the entire series, just because it includes the Hero of Time himself and the split in the timeline.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Majora's Mask is the best. I'm a person who loves atmosphere and story. Majora's Mask was rich with this. I especially loved how all of the character's had their own schedules... And on the final day they were all freaking out, so much that it can kind of make you scared even though it's just a silly video game.

Ocarina of Time would be second place for me, but clearly Majora's Mask is on a level of its own. I will never understand why people consider Ocarina of Time to be better, but oh well. It's their opinion!

I would probably put Twilight Princess as number three. I know a lot of people complain about how "easy" it was. But really I suck at video games, so the difficulty was at the right level for me. Plus I got this game during what I consider to be the best point of my life so it holds those positive memories.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
First to vote for Phantom Hourglass? O:

what is this i don't even.

OoT leading is no surprise. lmao.

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I liked Phantom Hourglass, but honestly I hope Spirit Tracks is a lot better.

I think what made OoT so great for most of us was the fact that most of us played it first - it was the first 3D Zelda game - and a really good game in general. Not to mention the great characterizations, realistic (at the time) environments, and intense dungeons. Looking back, though, now I see that OoT isn't all that much better than MM. However, it still gets my vote.

Kantō

Smash Champion
ocarina of time was just the perfect game.
at the time it was like nothing else i had played and made me a huge zelda fan.
def. the best IMO, i played many other zelda games because of that and loves all of them:chuckle:

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yup, Wizzerd did. Wizzerd's the great SWF Tingle defender. Pretty brave on his part, since everyone else hates Tingle with a passion that words cannot truly capture. Or maybe that's just me. Either way, he gets props from me for standing up for his character in the face of universal opposition.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I picked Majora's Mask, but honestly it's a tie between that and Ocarina of Time. A hard choice. I love the Majora's Mask story, but it's not as lengthy. I could bicker why I think it's a tie, but I'd rather not.

GALE 14

Smash Journeyman
jeah i like Ocarina of time more then twillight princess

cuz T. princess was toooo easy for me ^^

Dusk_Wolf

Smash Rookie
It would have to be OoT because the adventure is very good and the oonly real bad thing is getting ice arrows and the adult link water temple.

Second would have to be Twilight princess. Twilight is good but the story is different to OoT and because OoT was first it could have been a bit better if Twilight princess had the same sort of story to OoT but Twilight princess is still good.

KawaiixxWings

Smash Cadet
I voted for WW because it's traditional and different at the same time. It was also very fun and charming. Not to say that OoT isn't epic, I just haven't played it yet.

Realmz

Smash Apprentice
Its hard to say what my favorite is. Probably one of the Oracles. I absolutely loved the Oracles. :3

That said, I haven't played all of the games yet. I'm currently still finishing up the original, MM and ALTTP.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I had to choose Phantom Hourglass. Even though that one temple you ALWAYS had to go back to...it was still fun. And great. +Linebeck was win.

S

smash brawl player 99021

...I'm sure someone will shoot me for this but...I never played OoT. Mind you I am only 14. Which means I was pretty young when those games came out. I haven't really looked into playing it either. Flame away.

Scott!

Smash Lord
...I'm sure someone will shoot me for this but...I never played OoT. Mind you I am only 14. Which means I was pretty young when those games came out. I haven't really looked into playing it either. Flame away.
Well, it's forgivable that you haven't played it, considering you were ~4 when it came out while a lot of us were actually old enough to play it. I was 11 when it came out, and 12 by the time I played it. But it really is an amazing game. If you consider yourself a Zelda fan, it pretty much has to be one of your top gaming priorities, if for no other reason than because of its significance to the other games. Having played OoT makes WW, MM, and TP all much more fulfilling experiences. But it's a great game in and of itself. The graphics are dated, as is the handling, but it's far from unplayable, and the graphics don't get in the way of it being visually impressive.

Also, it is much better than PH. PH is not a terrible game at all, and Linebeck is pretty much the man, but OoT is superior.

There's plenty of ways for you to play it if you want. If you have an old 64, then grab a copy off of Ebay. If you have a GCN, there's the Master Quest disc and the Collector's Edition disc as well. Both have standard OoT. Also, VC if you have a Wii, though the GCN options would work as well. I personally prefer having a hard copy of the game in cartridge or disc form (which is why I have 3 copies of the game), but go for whatever you want. And when you do play it, let us know how you like it.

Top Bottom