• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
And yes....DBZ was the most repetitive anime ever IMO. It was good up until the end of the Cell Games. Then it fell off.
Wah? I thought the Buu saga was the most epic of them all, I just wish that GT didn't have to end the anime siries like that. >.>

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Well I was just going off the anime. I haven't read any manga on Naruto.

And yes....DBZ was the most repetitive anime ever IMO. It was good up until the end of the Cell Games. Then it fell off.
Oh then your talking about the fillers. Thats where everything went downhill. The manga is much better though because it skips all that useless stuff they added just to lengthen the show. Thats why most people hate Naruto is because if the fillers which takes up probably more than half of the show. But other than that its fine. You should try reading the manga, you may like it better.

I liked Dbz till the end. Up until GT. Not much of a GT fan but it was alright.
Even with the repetitiveness of DBZ it was still great, and in my opinion just plain awsome.

FMP had fillers?

That's news to me.
Not super long fillers. But just a few extra episodes I believe.
I may be wrong though

Ken34

Smash Journeyman
Well I was just going off the anime. I haven't read any manga on Naruto.

I agree, DBZ started to bore me after the cell saga.

L__

Smash Master
Is there anyone out there [I was just curious] that just didn't like Death Note at all?

And why?

[I'm not sure if this is allowed and I'll delete the post if someone says it's not allowed.]

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Likely no one didn't like Death Note in the entire series, every episode gave you that sense of "OMFG! L and Light just did mindgamezSZS!!!!" but yeah there is a possibility. :3

rhan

Smash Hero
zen1 said:
Oh then your talking about the fillers. Thats where everything went downhill. The manga is much better though because it skips all that useless stuff they added just to lengthen the show. Thats why most people hate Naruto is because if the fillers which takes up probably more than half of the show. But other than that its fine. You should try reading the manga, you may like it better.

I liked Dbz till the end. Up until GT. Not much of a GT fan but it was alright.
Even with the repetitiveness of DBZ it was still great, and in my opinion just plain awsome
Yeah I was mainly talking about that. I do have to admit to Naruto....It has some pretty sweet fight scenes.

And DBZ just ruined it when they kept adding on more Super Sayain forms. I mean longer hair was alright......But turning half ape? I don't think they even looked cool after that. The villians became more generic and almost like every other villian before.

L__ said:
Is there anyone out there [I was just curious] that just didn't like Death Note at all?

And why?

[I'm not sure if this is allowed and I'll delete the post if someone says it's not allowed.]Is there anyone out there [I was just curious] that just didn't like Death Note at all?

And why?

[I'm not sure if this is allowed and I'll delete the post if someone says it's not allowed.]
Anyone who is intelectual has Death Note would like it. It has so many twists and turns that keep you thinking. That's what you call......amazing. Who needs to throw fists when you have the power of the mind. :p

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah I was mainly talking about that. I do have to admit to Naruto....It has some pretty sweet fight scenes.

And DBZ just ruined it when they kept adding on more Super Sayain forms. I mean longer hair was alright......But turning half ape? I don't think they even looked cool after that. The villians became more generic and almost like every other villian before.
I agree. GT is where it changed.
but I loved up to buu Saga.

Also yeh There most likely is, but Deathnote is very popular, even umong non-anime fans. So there is probably way more people who like it then dont like it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Code Geass
Shakugan no Shana

My top two. Got more but I'm too lazy to list them. :p

Shakugan no Shana is cool. Ive read some of the manga.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Season 2 starts in september ^.^)
Lucky Star
Trigun
Gundam Wing (The only good gundam)
Zatch Bell (Waiting for it to return to CN)

Oh sweet, I was unsure if there would be a second season to HAruhi. X]

mm, you think Zatch bell will comeback on?
=[

Now that toonami is gone....and all

Puddin

Smash Lord
Shakugan no Shana is cool. Ive read some of the manga.

Oh sweet, I was unsure if there would be a second season to HAruhi. X]

mm, you think Zatch bell will comeback on?
=[

Now that toonami is gone....and all
Doubt it, even if Toonami was still on. And who stretched the **** page?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I have very little patience for the Hack and Slash typical "I have a sword and there is a lot of gore" anime's.

That's why I could never get into Bleach and stuff.

My favorites are Saint Seiya and One Piece.

I have a soft spot for DBZ too though, :p

PS: ANIME IN ENGLISH BLOWS.

Japanese with Spanish subs> Spanish > Japanese with English Subs > Korean > Aramaic > Mandarin > Hebrew > Tai > English

Seriously it sucks so bad in English :(

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Lol if you would look to toon marth's location you would see why it has stretched. lmao detailed description of where you live FTW

**** I'm almost done watching Kamichu

Vorguen

Smash Champion
So absolutely nobody has heard about Saint Seiya? I guess it never was popular in the US because of it's horrible dub and sub... but it's the most popular anime in Mexico and big in many other latin countries and in Japan.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Trigun, GTO, Azumanga Daioh, Code Geass, Death Note, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, and Detroit Metal City are all awesome. If you haven't seen those, I recommend watching them or adding them to your to-watch list.

I've heard of Saint Seiya but haven't actually seen it...it never really caught my interest.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
heh, I'll add it to my list of things to watch. I'm in the middle of Full Metal Panic 1st season, so I'll probably start when I finish TSR.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Is anime so overrated that:
1) there can be two topics asking for your favorite anime?
2) Both go over page 5?
3) And neither one hasn't been locked or merged into the other?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Is anime so overrated that:
1) there can be two topics asking for your favorite anime?
2) Both go over page 5?
3) And neither one hasn't been locked or merged into the other?
I guess so? :laugh:
I honestly didn't think about it (or even notice it), but now that you mention it, there are. I've posted in both threads...:confused:
maybe we should tell a mod, LOL

Vorguen

Smash Champion
True, we don't need it to exist or anything.

Since this is an anime discussion anyway I always find it funny how in practically ever anime I watch there is always one character who eats piles and piles of food.

That or the anime never shows their characters eat. Ever.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
Subway is amazing, but I'll agree with you on pizza hut.

I'm not sure what to recommend for you but I just started watching higurashi and it's amazing, so if you haven't seen it yet...

Top Bottom