• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Anime?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I personally don't like anime all that much, but Claymore was one of the most interesting shows I have ever seen. I actually it enjoyed it sooooo much I made my username related to one of the characters from the show.

<333 ophelia

I hope a second season comes out, the ending for the 1st season was soooo bad.

Iri5hL3gaCY

Smash Cadet
from what i've seen so far:

fullmetal alchemist
code geass
neon genesis evangelion
dragonball z
bleach
naruto

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
My last post in here probably centered around Trigun. Well now I have a new favorite anime!

One Piece.

I never thought I'd consider one of the more stereotypical Shonen anime my favorite, but One Piece is just that good.

Zip.

Smash Lord
I have quite a bit of anime i like,but the one i can think of atm is Full Metal panic fumoffu..;3

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
My last post in here probably centered around Trigun. Well now I have a new favorite anime!

One Piece.

I never thought I'd consider one of the more stereotypical Shonen anime my favorite, but One Piece is just that good.
Definitely, man!

The manga is amazing. The anime started off shaky because the animation quality couldn't really live up to the manga's appeal, but lately the anime has been stepping it up... a lot. One Piece is definitely my favorite manga...

However, to this day, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is still my favorite anime.

Vts

Smash Champion
Definitely, man!

The manga is amazing. The anime started off shaky because the animation quality couldn't really live up to the manga's appeal, but lately the anime has been stepping it up... a lot. One Piece is definitely my favorite manga...

However, to this day, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is still my favorite anime.
man i think we should rename smashboard animeboards :D

u should watch full metal panic and kino's journey both really good ( and read soul eater manga cus you i know u liked soul eater the anime and manga is like 10x better)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I love the dragon ball z series. by far that is my most favorite anime. lots of action, cursing, blood. all what makes a great tv show

GENRL MILLS

Smash Rookie
I basically just started watching anime but my favorite would probably be Death Note followed closely behind by Full Metal Alchemist and Naruto... I've been watching a little of Soul Eater but I'm really just need a really good series to start...

integrebel

Smash Rookie
Rurouni Kenshin, Yuyu Hakusho, Initial D, and Wangan Midnight
not much of a big anime fan(except Initial D) but these 4 are on my top list =)

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
In my opinion, Avatar is in it's own unique class of animation. I've never seen an anime that looks like it, lol.

Story-wise, yes, if it were made into something KyoAni or some other company could do. Animation-wise, a little iffy.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Yeah Avatar does look a little un-animeish...

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
My favourites are, in no particular order:

# Serial Experiments Lain (Even though it brought up more questions than it answered, I still like it)
# FullMetal Alchemist (Manga + the new anime.. The first one was kind of "Meh..")
# Death Note (Haven't wathed the anime, so talking about the manga)
# Elfen Lied (Same as DN)
# K-On!
# Lucky Star
# Detective Conan (Again, manga only)

And if movies count, them I'll also say that Hayako Miyazaki's movies are amazing (Especially "My neighbor Totoro", "Spirited Away" and "Princess Mononoke".. I think those are their English names.)

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Yeah, those are the correct titles. Miyazaki is win. Spirited Away is my fav.

Did I mention that I <3 K-ON!, Haruhi, CLANNAD, s-CRY-ed, Shana, Saki, sola, Zero no Tsukaima, Maria Holic, Toradora, Gundam 00, Nabari no Ou, Chobits, Negima!, Hayate no Gotoku, Code Geass...

There's more where that came from. I used to be a Dragonball too many years back. Now look at me.

Most of these are fanservice shows, lol.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
---Code Geass and Death Note.---

Nothing else really post worthy.

I really have to watch more animes. Haven't any time T_T

Anth0ny

Smash Master
1) Dragon Ball Z
2) One Piece
3) Dragon Ball
4) Code Geass R1 and R2
5) Digimon Adventures 1

Haruhi and Death Note are up there. And, of course, Pokemon.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
1. Zeta Gundam. if you've seen Gundam Wing, like it, go back and look at when Zeta came out, watch it, then hopefully realize something. I'm not sure what, but that's what happened to me.

2. Revolutionary Girl Utena / Shojou Kakumei Utena (think I spelled right)
Grew up on it. Changed my perspective on everything media-related. Greatly influenced me as a writer.

3. Big O. Schwarzwald, enough said.
4. Ninja Scroll (movie and series)
5. FullMetal Alchemist
honorables : Slayers Motion Picture, Bebop, Trigun, YuYu Hakusho, Outlaw Star, Death Note, Eureka 7

I don't know much new anime, but I everytime I see something new I don't usually like it. Death Note was pretty excellent, but everything else I see is generally unacceptable to me. Recently I tried to watch Gundam 00, and I did, but I didn't like it (just like SEED...)

I'm pretty picky. Sometimes I have really strange reasons for liking things. Blarg.

day-day

Smash Ace
This is my list although I don't watch anime as much as I used to.
1. DBZ
2. Kenshin
3. Trigun
4. Hakusho
5. Blue Gender

Never could get into Naruto or Bleach. Although I watch bleach at times when there's nothing else on tv, it's nearly impossible for me to watch it now cause I have no idea who half these characters are. :laugh:

yoshmaster5

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, that is tough... there are a number that I really like.

In no particular order, just when they pop up.

1. Bishoujou Senshi Sailor Moon (S and Stars are my favorite seasons. Saturn, FTW)
2. Mobile Suit Gundam: 8th MS Team (Really well done, IMO. Best character development in Gundam, plus my favorite gundam fight in episode 10)
3. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (We can do whatever though the sheer power of our AWESOMENESS!!! FEAR IT!!)
4. Cowboy Bebop (Need I explain?)
5. Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu (Again, need I explain?)
6. Kodomo no Omocha (hilarious. What happens when a Shoujou series is on CRACK)
7. Death Note (Another, no explaination needed)
8. Black Lagoon (Most violently hilarious series I have ever seen)

Other good series, or just certain parts that I like:
1. Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle (the OVAs Tokyo Revelations and Shunraiki. Not a fan of the anime, but the manga is fun/entertaining/CLAMP, WTF IS GOING ON?!)
2. xxxHolic (See above statement for manga... and it is actually LESS confusing)
3. Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch (Very well done, but... it gets... really over the top later...)
4. Bleach (it's fun... that's all I can really say, up though Soul Society arc was great... after that, it kind of... got way, way, way overboard)
5. Chobits (Manga, not anime. Anime is... well, mainly filler, and it's not as well done as the manga)
6. Kodomo no Jikan (Psychoanalysis, FTW! Freud, you magnificant ******* you... so many psychological issues in this it's astounding)
7. Rurouni Kenshin (The matrix with swords)
8. Cardcaptor Sakura (Again, just something fun. Manga's better though... and yes, I do like CLAMP's stuff)

Super Touhey

Smash Cadet
My top four are all 10/10's by the way. Had to be picky to make a list.

1. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. Never thought a shounen/mecha anime would make it past FMA and Death note, but it seems it takes everything from those genres and does it perfectly. I was REALLY excited when I was watching this show. I probably looked like an idiot jumping out of my seat, and staring at the screen two inches in front of me.
2. Fullmetal Alchemist. Never a dull moment in this show. It had great character development, and a fascinating, thought provoking plot line. Every episode was high quality, and I even enjoyed filler episodes.
3. Death Note. Intriguing plot line, and the suspense driven theme was a refreshing change from all of the action based shows out there. Only problem I had was that there were a few episodes in the middle of the series that were boring and seemingly pointless. Otherwise, it'd be ranked higher.
4. Code Geass/Code Geass R2. Took a lot of the elements from Death Note and mixed it with a mecha setting. I liked how there was both action and strategy, but I felt that the strategy aspect was done better in Death Note. Yeah I consider them the same show, though I thought R2 was slightly better.

Rating pending:
FMA: Brotherhood. Didn't like it at first. Thought it was too comedic in scenes that should have been taken seriously. Now that it's splitting off from the other series, it's becoming one of my favorites.
Trigun. Never saw the whole series start to finish. I liked the episodes i've seen though.
Evangelion. Same as above.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Main ones are:
Code Geass

Death Note

Elfen Lied

Enjoy the animes with less then 50 eps, ideally less then 30

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
1. Basilisk
1. Elfen lied
1. GANTZ (the MANGA)
2. naruto
3. One peice
4. ruroni kenshin
5. DBZ (I THINK)
6. samurai champloo
7. FMA
8. Clannad
9. School Days XD
10.ergo proxy (this will be like 1 or 2 on the list once im done watching this)
11. Bleach
12. code geasse ( this'll be in a better spot once i watch alittle more of it)
13. Air gear FTW
14. GHOST IN THE SHELL s.a.c. & Second gig
this list must be fixed

Top Bottom