• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Uair

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
not sure if you guys know this or not but I'm saying it anywayz

when using falco's uair if anyone air dodges it you can do a second aerial and it will be a guaranteed hit.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Cool.

I'm not a fan of attacking from an angle directly under though. I play too many Lucarios.

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
Good to know with people like ROB, or other characters with poor options of attacking directly under.

Got a vid of this?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ooh, cool! So it is guaranteed.

I've been doing it before - Uair to bait an airdodge, and then bair to hit - but I was never sure whether it was actually a good idea or whether I was just playing sucky people. But nice to hear it from a pro :)

@DEHF: Are you talking about that effect that when the Uair is timed right, even if it misses (because they airdodged) it slows Falco's momentum that he starts to fall at a rate almost equal to the target long enough that you can get another aerial to hit (like another uair) after the invinibility frames are done?

kismet2

Smash Ace
@DEHF: Are you talking about that effect that when the Uair is timed right, even if it misses (because they airdodged) it slows Falco's momentum that he starts to fall at a rate almost equal to the target long enough that you can get another aerial to hit (like another uair) after the invinibility frames are done?
He's just saying if you throw out an aerial it'll bait them to air dodge, you and your opponent both will be falling btw. After you use an Uair you can do another one immediately afterwards(air dodges don't last long), if you don't want to do another Uair you can use Bair if you want.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
another possibility try uair your opponent when they're off the stage into an air dodge then use your second jumb and dair

zamz

Smash Journeyman
It's a very nice option to keep in mind, but I'll point out that baiting your opponent with Uair is a well-known Falco tactic =)

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Sounds sexy.

Someone should get a vid of them performing it in a real match.

Good **** DEHF.

Blad01

Smash Lord
ôO Isn't this know ?

By the way, it's not guaranteed on everyone. :s But it will work most of the time...
I don't do Uair x2, I don't know if that could work (FFing the second one), but usually Uair + Bair / Dair. Which isn't really great...

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I knowed it for a long time, but good job posting it since many people didn't seem to know it. I usually do a bair if the uair misses, dair if I don't want to stall bair cause they can't be killed yet

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
up tilt into up air is amazing, if they dodge the up air, you can either back air or down air depending on di. if you back air, then its good you get damage. if you down air. you can spike them down into another up tilt, upsmash or down smash(falcos most damaging smash attack) unless they tech but 95% of the time, they dont. iap cancel into up air is better but its pretty technical to always cancel exactly where you want to.

§witch

Smash Lord
I hate when someone posts something interesting to think about and try and there're always the people who go, "I always do this, have been forever", or "I thought everyone already knew this."

It doesn't make you look better, quite the opposite in fact.

I like the idea of this, I'll work it into my game.

wangston

Smash Lord
I forgot how fast uair was. I now I will usually jump up and uair out of range so the dodge and then get them with the bair. It's nice to be refreshed of these kind of things.

I also like to sh and uair because it looks cool when falco does a flip also there is no lag because the move is finished before you hit the ground. I like to sh uair utilt everyone thinks there is lag after the uair.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I hate when someone posts something interesting to think about and try and there're always the people who go, "I always do this, have been forever", or "I thought everyone already knew this."

It doesn't make you look better, quite the opposite in fact.

I like the idea of this, I'll work it into my game.
Not trying to sound cool, just though everyone knew this trap already. You win by frame advantage right?

I'm not that big of a uncool person, I think a tiny bit.

Top Bottom