• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon shows his moves, The Guide. *Added Info: Extended Fsmash* 3/25

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I think that Dash Pivot Canceling (SamuraiPanda's AT) into Fsmash could be somewhat useful in Falcon's game. Instead of the usual standing or walking version of the extended Fsmash you can actually do it out of a dash (after part of the turnaround animation of course). I've played around with this a little bit in Training Mode and doing this technique gives you the same reach as the smaller extended Fsmash from what I can tell (the backwards dash -> Cstick forward one).

But yeah the potential use for this is that you can fairly quickly Fsmash out of your dash animation. If nothing else it gives you another option out of your dash. I found this sort of interesting so I figured I post it here and see what you guys this.

By the way the official video for the technique is here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lZg0f8RTMOg

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
The Falcon player is pretty good but not great. His style reminds me of mine somewhat with all the full hops and double jumps. lol BAD HABITS!

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
I think that Dash Pivot Canceling (SamuraiPanda's AT) into Fsmash could be somewhat useful in Falcon's game. Instead of the usual standing or walking version of the extended Fsmash you can actually do it out of a dash (after part of the turnaround animation of course). I've played around with this a little bit in Training Mode and doing this technique gives you the same reach as the smaller extended Fsmash from what I can tell (the backwards dash -> Cstick forward one).

But yeah the potential use for this is that you can fairly quickly Fsmash out of your dash animation. If nothing else it gives you another option out of your dash. I found this sort of interesting so I figured I post it here and see what you guys this.

By the way the official video for the technique is here: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lZg0f8RTMOg
Blugh, as much as I love the extendo-FSmash, I've been finding it less and less useful as I've been playing. My only problem with it is the extensive lag it has on its finishing frames, which will easily punish you if your opponent spot dodges or side rolls behind you.

But every once in a while I'll turn it around and punish them, if they roll be hind me, dash forward and reverse it (sometimes holding A to get that extra second of charge). Still, this technique is something to consider and manage intelligently when playing Falcon. With it... Either you get punished, or you do the Punishing... depending on who's smarter.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Blugh, as much as I love the extendo-FSmash, I've been finding it less and less useful as I've been playing. My only problem with it is the extensive lag it has on its finishing frames, which will easily punish you if your opponent spot dodges or side rolls behind you.

But every once in a while I'll turn it around and punish them, if they roll be hind me, dash forward and reverse it (sometimes holding A to get that extra second of charge). Still, this technique is something to consider and manage intelligently when playing Falcon. With it... Either you get punished, or you do the Punishing... depending on who's smarter.
True. Falcon = Mindgames now.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
started using the Dair and hitting with the non meteor part of the hit, the knockback is slightly more than a sweetspotted Bair and is also easier to land, try it out guys.

edit:

has anyone ever tried the snake slide while using falcon? surprisingly it makes falcon stop in place and do an up smash. so no more sliding up smash.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Snake Slide? Is that what they call the technique to do his super long up smash?

Sigh.

Using the dair on the non-meteor part I find is very situational, because of how easy it is for an opponent to just hit you before you hit them, but it can help every now and then.

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
Snake Slide? Is that what they call the technique to do his super long up smash?

Sigh.

Using the dair on the non-meteor part I find is very situational, because of how easy it is for an opponent to just hit you before you hit them, but it can help every now and then.
yeah thats it, the input is dash>Cdown>UpZ

falcon has a really small window of execution so you will find yourself doing a grab a lot if you dont know the timing,

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Oh well, that's sort of interesting how it stops Falcon from sliding. However, I don't really use dash upsmash that much in the first place. I'll try it out though at some point.

But, seriously, Snake Slide?

Mike Hawk

Smash Journeyman
Oh well, that's sort of interesting how it stops Falcon from sliding. However, I don't really use dash upsmash that much in the first place. I'll try it out though at some point.

But, seriously, Snake Slide?
it was found while using snake, so it has been dubbed the snake slide thru all smashboards.

infernovia

Smash Ace
Anyone mention that up b has the buffed grab frames (where if you grab an opponent and they attack you at the same time, you still grab but take the damage). Can be confused with super armor frames, but it isn't.

Tenki

Smash Hero
It was mentioned during the great up-b '(re)discovery' thread. For a while, it was thought that the whole move had super armor, but it was actually just grab priority the whole time.

also, any grab move can do it, normal grabs or special grabs.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
I don't know if old or not but if Falcon fox trots, at the ending dash animation you dash again to start the fox trot HOWEVER if at the precise moment you hold the attack but down all of Falcon's running momentum stops and automaticaly start charging a forward smash, I find this useful for mind games

sorry if old

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Wait, so, what you're trying to say is that when you start to dash, you hit down and then the c-stick to do a fsmash instead?

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Oh, you're welcome. >_>

I'm afraid it's far from being as useful as it ought to be however. But, if anyone wants something put in it, hit me up.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Just a 'little' details I'd like to point out. XP

-The Falcon Punch's lowest % output is 23%, not 24%.
-Capt. Falcon's N-Air's first kick can do as low as 3%, and his N-Air's second kick can do as low as 6%.

There are a few other things I think, I'll be sure to test it out. Also, if you want pics for Raptor Boost and Falcon Dive, here they are:

Raptor Boost
Falcon Dive

And here's a Taunt guide, just for fun. XP

Taunt 1: Capt. Falcon charges up and emits a red aura of fire.

Taunt 2: Capt. Falcon swings left, then right with his left hand out beckoning the enemy and yells, “Come on!”

Taunt 3: Capt. Falcon salutes when facing right, or makes a gesture as if to converse when facing left, and says “Show me your moves!”

ChibiPichu

Smash Journeyman
Reaver, if you get around to updating the guide, Falcon Kick does a damage of 7% to 15%, and can double hit an opponent from 20% to 24%

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Just remembe for doing Falcon's fair, you need to hit with the tip of the knee and not the shin or his hips. Also, yes there is much more accuracy involved with getting the fair to shock up. It's a nice KO move though, my personal favourite, somehow you can mind game this in a situation where you purposely don't hit your opponent with the tip of the knee but hit around the shins or hips. Then if you opponent is used to seeing you not execute the shock on the knee, it will have very surprising results once you hit with the shock. Seeing as the opponent will not expect it. This is just a mind game and I cannot promise it to work all the time, I just performed this on my friends and it was a halarious outcome to see unexpected KO's. At the very least, not sweetspoting the fair with rack up some damage for the real knee shock.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
um uzakiuzu this has been ignored since about a month after brawl came out...
and idk if fake man will see this but wtf
the knee is all about hitting in the opening frames
doesn't matter where you hit, the hitbox is rather large extending to areas not even touching falcon
there have been several threads addressing this -_-

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sorry for not updating in a while ever. Unfortunately, between school and work, I don't have much, if any, time to come to Smashboards or smash that much in general (especially with Brawl). I hope some day (or month, or year) I'll be able to sit down and update stuff. In the meantime, I apologize for not doing anything with this thread, but keep in mind, I do try to read what's posted even if I can't or don't do anything about at the moment.

Mit

Smash Ace
I think you could still update this guide with a little help from all of us.

If we can all compile a growing list of things we think should be added, and agree on said list, we can develop the different sections so all the updater would have to do is copypasta.

I'm just going to open with some suggestions on where to go with this. I'd say skip out on matchups. Matchups imply that the character you're evaluating can actually win often against very good players, and Captain Falcon is just not at that point. No amount of tips against a character like Meta Knight will help you really. Plus, whenever matchups are discussed in various threads, they always turn into "bait and punish", for everyone, because that's just how Falcon is.

Skip on videos as well, since there's a separate thread for it.. The video thread is also something that can be updated in this fashion, but I'll chime in on that in the video thread itself.

I think main things we need to add are all of the small combos we've been discovering, and eventually evaluations for all of Falcon's moves, pointing out how each of them should be used and when they should be used.

Blazeye

Smash Rookie
Hmm... well I do a fastfall nair (first hit) -> grab (very situational), but it's better maybe not to look for combo's at all?

Orfn

Smash Apprentice
hay gaiz. Just wanted to point out as a R.O.B. main that the matchup data is wrong. R.O.B. is excellent in the air as long as you aren't below him. His uair can juggle you to ~40% if you get mindgamed and don't airdodge correctly, his nair will kill you at relatively low percentages and has a massive hitbox, and the bair is deceptively quick and powerful. Also, his fair can be used rapidly and beats all of the Captain's attacks in the air if spaced correctly. Best bet is to guess when ROB will upb because he's vulnerable for about a second and incapable of attacking. Also, he can't airdodge while using his upb

Mit

Smash Ace
hay gaiz. Just wanted to point out as a R.O.B. main that the matchup data is wrong. R.O.B. is excellent in the air as long as you aren't below him. His uair can juggle you to ~40% if you get mindgamed and don't airdodge correctly, his nair will kill you at relatively low percentages and has a massive hitbox, and the bair is deceptively quick and powerful. Also, his fair can be used rapidly and beats all of the Captain's attacks in the air if spaced correctly. Best bet is to guess when ROB will upb because he's vulnerable for about a second and incapable of attacking. Also, he can't airdodge while using his upb
Disregard this thread, it's incredibly out of date. This board needs to be cleaned up and organized still >_>

LSDX

Wah!
Small, yet effective, combos:

-(Mid-Percent) Dtilt => Fair
-(Low-Percent) Dtilt => Utilt => Nair => Uair or/Fair

Mediocre, I know...

Top Bottom