• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falcon Moveset Discussion: summaries coming soon

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Currently Discussing:

Thanks for all the help, we've gone over all of Falcon's moves. If anyone wants to add anything, that is fine too. I'm almost done with the summaries, they will all be in this post within a few days.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
Utilt: Pages 1-3
Ftilt: Pages 3-5
Dtilt: Pages 6-7
Usmash: Pages 8-10
Fsmash: Pages 10-13
Dsmash: Pages 13-14
Jab: Pages 14-15
Raptor Boost: Pages 15-18
Falcon Kick: Pages 18-20
Falcon Dive: Pages 20-21
Falcon Punch: Pages 22-24
Nair: Pages 24-27
Uair: Page 27
Fair: Pages 28-29
Bair: Pages 29-30
Dair: Pages 30-31
Dash Attack: Page 31-32

NEW EDIT: I'm back, I'll find my old summaries and put them up soon.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I like this idea. I roam around most other character boards, and Falcon's has been the only one I've seen without a thread of this sort.

Anyway, on topic. I rarely use utilt, but that is just cause I forget it exists. When I do use it, however, it generally gets the job done very well. ;D

The knockback is <3

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Let us begin with the obvious. Edgeguarding. The most simple and spammable use is to edgeguard with it. But don't get predictable! Utilize Utilt only when you're versing someone who tends to recover high or has a slow recovery move.
Utilt is also great to use as a follow up to any other tilt or jab.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
I like this thread a lot. I wonder why it wasn't started earlier, haha. Anyways, U-Tilt is a gorjus move. It has pretty decent priority, edgeguards VERY nicely, and as a lot of knockback. I usually use this out of jabs or D-Tilts. It's a better killer than U-Smash, and if it hits, you can follow with more, such as hyphen U-Smash, U-Air (if DI'd towards you), N-Air, or even a grab, if the character is heavy. I'd give it a 7/10, if I had to go with ratings. :p

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
utilt is a good ko move and can beat most aerial approaches by an opponent. i like using it after a single hit nair. it has an incredible amount of range too.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
i hope this discussion doesn't die, there has been many other discussions that died in the past

=) one of my favorites,
I'd say this is falcon's most useful tilt. It has bad start up lag though. It's range is huge, the hitbox goes a little bit past his head. It has a disjointed hitbox. This is the best move to use if someone is above you on a platform(don't use usmash). This is a pretty good edgeguard too, one of the best IMO. Spot dodgers can be stopped with this move, so learn when to use this move. This is a good spacing move. It has great kill power too, especially when used near the edge.
lol i got lazy

kill setups:
ac nair>utilt
JAb>Jab>utilt

go ahead use frame data and pics!!!

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
Thanks for the compliments and info guys. The only thing that comes to mind for me is that you step forward a bit in the middle of the move. If someone thinks they're just out of range in the air or something, it may catch them off guard, like at high percentages after an air dodge where you can maybe get a KO with it.

eRonin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
eRonin
3DS FC
3969-5180-1975
As Smashbrother, Falchion and others mentioned, I too use it for edgeguarding.
I also often use it as a follow-up to down-tilt...though I don't know how viable that really is.

Zodac

Smash Journeyman
samus's utilt + falcon's utilt =...
the same?

up-tilt, i think it's one of falcons best moves, it's not fast but if you space it properly it's speed/range is great. I don't edge-guard with it, i don't edge guard at all with falcon i jump off the stage for aerials unless i run out of time.
probably his best kill move in higher % (basically as soon as it can kill use it).

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
It punishes spot dodges after a jab cancel, if they foresee a grab. It can poke throgh shields of the opponent above you if they are in a platform, and their shielding your SH U-airs. Its very rarely a kill move I find, more just heavy punisher to set up for edge guarding. Edge guarding its great; Its cuts out ledge attacks, a lot of ledge hopped aerials (know their attack and space it right), the heel hits them if the invinci frames are over, and ledge jumps are self explanatory. I'm using this more after Knee ***** me with it xD.

Samus' and Falcon's are different, only the same motion.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Now that we got a useful thread let's get the gears turning... Basically all of Utilt's major strengths have been noted. Now how can this move better be used in a tournament setting?

EDIT: New font just so the lurkers notice... This is important.

Jeet Kune Do

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this is definitely a great move. Always has been. The only reason why you don't see it a lot is because people... forget? Perhaps I could try spamming this in friendlies to find more uses for it, and what situations it works in. Using this more effective move (which Falcon doesn't have many of) could perhaps lead to improvement in his game overall.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Make it totally unexpected. I know that if you use moves that are relatively fast, it sets a mind set in your opponents subconsciousness that the player will use only fast moves.

Thats when you use u-tilt and **** them.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i think dtilt is a better tilt..... but im weird like that

utilt is amazing at priority wars, it beats out ALOT of aerials, and im probobly wrong but i beleieve it clanks with marths fair
i NEVER edgehog with it. rather keep it fresher for a KO since it has amazing kill power

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
I think utilt beats or cancels all spammy projectiles, so it could be a kind of lame approach versus them :/
Actually its not too bad.

Haha, approaching with utilt sounds too good.
You can. If you play a defensive, or ground based falcon you will mostly move around by walking. Walking enables you to do all of your tilts and smashes.

i think dtilt is a better tilt..... but im weird like that

utilt is amazing at priority wars, it beats out ALOT of aerials, and im probobly wrong but i beleieve it clanks with marths fair
i NEVER edgehog with it. rather keep it fresher for a KO since it has amazing kill power
I edge hog with it sometimes. Its pretty good. I think its actually unappreciated.

UzakiuzuG

Smash Journeyman
I love the move to death but, when your facing someone like meta it doesn't matter. Snake can make it tough and marth and pika make it tough and thats all I seem to get in matches lately. Hey but if the opponent is above you, great combo chain w/e you call it. You know since they don't call it combos anymore.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
To quote a friend, "It's like they took Melee Falcon's priority and stuck 90% of it in his utilt."

Also, it kills ridiculously well. I get a huge chunk of my kills from utilt for some odd reason. I'm not sure why anymore.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
It's a wonderfull move, I still don't use it enough, I think my inner-brain still needs to get used to using Falcon's u-tilt. When playing against a slow opponent, I just spam u-tilt towards them to intimidate them, and it works wonders, they'll think one or two times before coming in, and when they do, most of the time it's a punish :p..

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
falcon's utilt beats marth's fair
in range, priority and power
so basicly falcon leg's longer than marth's sword

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
I like using utilt on floaties such as jiggs/rob/luigi/etc. especially single hit nair > utilt x) that's my sexy space-u-out combo and punishes sheild grabbers if used properly

DarkKyanite

Smash Journeyman
not sure if it really beats its priority
probably just longer than the sword so a spaced well utilt hits marth and the sword doesn't reach u
it works on many experienced marth players too
they know marth's sword got shorter in brawl
but they don't know it's even shorter than falcon's sexy legs now

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Anyone mention using Utilt on Luigi? Its the ONLY way I can beat a good WeeGee with falcon. Keeps him just out of reach.

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
Sadly, I cant even play against a WeeGee even with my best character. I dunno. If I ever play a WeeGee In a real life tourney, I will hit him. :laugh:

Smash Apprentice
Ultit destroys most characters approaches pretty well unless they have really big range.
Still it has a rather slow startup, but its lag afterward is surpisingly low, so it's good to mindgame somebody with it. I wouldn't overuse this move because it has good killing ability and can easily catch a ledgestalling opponent off guard.

All in all this move's purpose is to surprise and to stop approaches because of it's huge hitbox and good knockback. When playing a tough opponent you'd better not use it that much because it is easily shieldgrabbed if you **** up the spacing.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
Trust me, utilt works wonders against floaties or people who try aerial approaches.
utilt. useit.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Trust me, utilt works wonders against floaties or people who try aerial approaches.
utilt. useit.
And if they approach with a dodge, Utilt leaves little enough lag to punish their landing lag/ending roll. Just be wary of dashing shield cancels.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
So, are you guys going to say the same things about Utilt for the rest of 'this week?'

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
im not sure what to say really. I've given my input. I've never really used it for edge gaurding because the ledge has auto sweet spot in brawl. I mix it up with 1hit nair or to space out floaties. maybe a ko from time to time. what do you think of utilt knee to the second power? (that's my nick name 4 u now idk why :3)

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
So, are you guys going to say the same things about Utilt for the rest of 'this week?'
I'm thinking about cutting the utilt discussion short (unless people want to keep going with it lol) and not having a time frame, it's not like I would break up the discussion exactly 7 days after the move is brought up either way. And if you have new information, please share :laugh: I think I'll put up the next move in an hour or two. The utilt discussion has gone very well.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
im not sure what to say really. I've given my input. I've never really used it for edge gaurding because the ledge has auto sweet spot in brawl. I mix it up with 1hit nair or to space out floaties. maybe a ko from time to time. what do you think of utilt knee to the second power? (that's my nick name 4 u now idk why :3)
..knee ^2 ey..sounds cool imo lol

And my input on all moves is found in my 'falcons current metagame' thread.

Top Bottom