• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I've been practicing for the last few weeks just getting my tech skill with my Falco up to par and it's really good now, but I have a question about Marth.

At like 80-90% against Fox, you can uthrow to nair or bair depending on which direction they go.

But what about Marth? If I grab him at the percentage what should I do? Let's say I'm in the middle of the stage.
I uthrow at anywhere under like 100% and try to follow with nair/bair/uair if they DI. If they don't DI, uthrow doesn't combo since lasers get them out of hitstun and they can get a move off.

metashinryu

Smash Ace
so,i saw the forward throw trick thread(closed by the new thread slaya) and i was using something like that,but instead ib fthrow,anything that makes foe tumble and laser-jab,its a full reset on any situation

has anyone used that?

Meneks

Smash Lord
Im having some serious trouble playing ic's
Yes i know getting grabbed is not an option but thats kinda hard to pull off..
I would like to know what would be the best option to approach an ic with and possibly what are the best counter pickable stages there are for the match up.
thanks

soap

Smash Hero
usually awesome smashers end up competing in some form.

anyway sounds really fun.

link me to a thread.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I feel like I've discussed this before.

if by normaler, you mean normal, then the answer is simply no.

if you mean anything else, then I don't know how to answer it.

Let's put it this way... shine -> usmash with Falco is pretty much never the right thing to do. I cannot think of a situation where you "should" do it.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
it works if your opponent is right next to the edge

if theyre shielding you can shine up smash and theyll fall and grab the edge

its cool shield pressure

soap

Smash Hero
CAn you do a shineupsmash and hit with both? under some normaler circumstances
ive connected shine to charged usmash. like at low percents and they didnt di at all.

if u really want to be fox, shine wavedash forward usmash works

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I've connected shine -> charged usmash as well, but I can tell you that it's always a terrible idea and that you should always just dair. Shine -> wavedash usmash is somewhat useful at the 30% range vs. spacies, but it's still far from optimal.

Alukard

Smash Hero
I've connected shine -> charged usmash as well, but I can tell you that it's always a terrible idea and that you should always just dair. Shine -> wavedash usmash is somewhat useful at the 30% range vs. spacies, but it's still far from optimal.
why/how do u break shields ???

seriously

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
mix double shine into pillar on JMan's Falcon's Shield. If he can't predict when you're sh dairing vs. shining again, he can't time his jump out of shield and just gets frozen in shield stun until you break it. Of course this requires him missing his guesses at what's coming next for a little while...

Alukard

Smash Hero
mix double shine into pillar on JMan's Falcon's Shield. If he can't predict when you're sh dairing vs. shining again, he can't time his jump out of shield and just gets frozen in shield stun until you break it. Of course this requires him missing his guesses at what's coming next for a little while...
LOL i see ... ^_-

btw i picked falco for u in losers finals LOL

Alukard

Smash Hero
Wow

This is beast. Very impressed. I never noticed this before, but Mogwai did a excellent job taking us to school! Thank you...I have learned alot.
i told u hazz ... we gotta make a teaching school ... and make moolah ^_-

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
there's needs to be a market for melee first. we need to get melee in the USA to be like Starcraft in Korea, with like games on television and people's job being playing :p

p.s. I'll $1 mm both yall non stop if you come to play me :p that's basically me paying you by the hour to make me better than average by genesis.

Alukard

Smash Hero
there's needs to be a market for melee first. we need to get melee in the USA to be like Starcraft in Korea, with like games on television and people's job being playing :p

p.s. I'll $1 mm both yall non stop if you come to play me :p that's basically me paying you by the hour to make me better than average by genesis.
if my pay looks in the "i can splurge" range ... i will definitely come train with u ... but would never want u to pay me ... or well in this case entice me with gambling to come and train bro lol

i'd play for free ... just make it a smashfest with a rule of no sandbagging ... **** ... EC NEEDS A BIG *** SMASHFEST OF ... LETS **** WC ... I'M DOWN!!!!

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo, there is like nothing going on this weekend, who wants a muthafuggin' smashfest?

actually, I might have roommate/gf johns, but I'd say they're both low probably, so a mogwaifest this weekend could happen.
ahhhhh ... no not this week ... its bad enough i'm missing pakmans thing =[

i'm away at Florida from the 5th till the 15th =\

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yo, there is like nothing going on this weekend, who wants a muthafuggin' smashfest?

actually, I might have roommate/gf johns, but I'd say they're both low probably, so a mogwaifest this weekend could happen.
yo my boy max/otg was going to do something this weekend...idk lets see what goes down..

noodles

Smash Champion
mogwai you should do it. unless it messes up attendance/not good for you plz do it on sunday

Top Bottom