• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
good ol portchester. Well Im prob gonna try and hit up NY this summer or something. If ur around ill hit u up. Id prob be stoppin in to visit Pc so yea.

Binx

Smash Master
Why do people ask how to pillar, just laser grab if they are sitting in a shield, or drill behind them and punish their OoS reaction. Easier, with less risk, and more effective to boot.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
*****es locked my thread! Whatever, I thought it was worthy of legitimate debate, Falco's haven't got a dedicated thread to it like Falcon boards.

Regardless, useful information as always Mogwai.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well, as reading the thread on the Falcon boards should have taught you, it really just leads to unbearable speculation based on super old results and youtube videos. I've followed Falco boards for a really long time, and suffice to say that threads like that have never led to anything constructive.

Binx

Smash Master
I like Dair Shine and then retreating Nair from the next shine

wheee I'm gayyy
My friend does that a lot more than I'd like, he uses retreating dair not fast falled and it tricks me up a lot. Then I miss a grab and get combo'd or fsmashed haha.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ur dumb mogwai player-fellatio threads are an important part of any smasher's diet who wants to be good, they always lead to motivated constructive discussion of the evolving metagame and paint accurate depictions of skill. nobody ever has bias in them, they're the most objective debates on the internet.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Meh, I always thought the blind bias and rife stupidity was part of the fun of the threads. There's occasionaly a nugget of producitivity in the rubble of fanboyism.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I love hearing shield breaks. Means someone just got they house broken into and the criminal is gonna **** all the women and children

Meneks

Smash Lord
This thread isn't as active as the fox help thread which is rather surprising...

Anyways If anyone reads this i just went to a recent tournament and i played a defensive Falcon...
In any case I lost the match and got killed...
any help or tips on playing a defensive falcon would be really great

Ryan-K

Smash Master
laser him from way outside of his dash jump distance, utilt beats everything he has, grab him alot, dont get grabbed (or naired or kneed or stomped for that matter)

when he tried to recover over you don't get greedy, just wait kind of by the edge, if they try to go over you bair them out, if they try to go near the edge do fsmash or whatever would hit them but fsmash is an incredibly stupid edgeguard on falcon

really just build damage and take advantage of the fact that you pretty much **** falcons priority as long as he isn't outspacing you, however you can control his spacing to an extent with lasers and movement

you have to pigeonhole him into a spot where you can start a solid shine combo or just **** him with utilts.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
RyanK is pretty much the best Falco vs. Falcon player on the planet, so you should listen to him.

JF is right too.

Defensive Falcon isn't something that should exist vs. Falco, you have a gun, he doesn't, so you can force him to be aggressive. What exactly was he doing to hit you?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
RyanK is pretty much the best Falco vs. Falcon player on the planet, so you should listen to him.
LOL not by a long shot guy

speaking of which tell SCAR to get my videos :mad::mad: LOL

but yeah just try not to let falcon hit you because if he knees you at like 50 you die luckily you can hit him way more and way easier than he hits you and your damage is guaranteed and alot safer. falcon depends on the fact that he is pretty much a big projectile that can **** people by jumping in from like across the stage and lasers and utilt pretty much tame the beast :laugh:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
LOL not by a long shot guy

speaking of which tell SCAR to get my videos :mad::mad: LOL
lmao, yea, I know, I just find it hilarious how scar's only way to come to terms with losing to you is to assume that you must be the best Falco vs. CF player in the world.

if Falcon is trying to just recover over you at like 60+%, just jump up and dair the muthafugga before he gets over the stage, it's so good.

Meneks

Smash Lord

JF is right too.

Defensive Falcon isn't something that should exist vs. Falco, you have a gun, he doesn't, so you can force him to be aggressive. What exactly was he doing to hit you?
Power shielding lasers, grab combos

Ryan-K

Smash Master
the only time you should be lasering is at a distance where he cant reach you with a dashjump nair because if you try to do otherwise he'll just jump in and **** you

if he cant capitalize on it psing lasers shouldnt really matter

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
well see first thing you do is hit him with ur controller for playing a defensive falcon
then once hes ok just laser him
get those nummy uair combos

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I think it's at least as bad as sheik, maybe worse for Falcon, but I may have a skewed view there... I dunno, I just know that both Scar and Darkrain say that Falco gives them the most trouble and SS's bane always seems to be Zhu, so I feel like there's a case to be made that Falco vs. CF is at least as good as Sheik vs. CF.

Anyway, back to powershielding, like RyanK is saying it's just about the spacing. Once Falcon can Shffl into you, you shouldn't be shooting lasers and instead should wait for the right spacing to throw your nair at him or utlit his approach if he's foolish enough to try to approach. If he's smart though he'll just tighten up the dash dance distance and try to bait a reaction out of you and punish accordingly, but a well spaced nair timed when his DD is about to turn towards you forces him into shield where Falcon is a chump that you can just get behind and utilt to force a roll.

Binx

Smash Master
I just read the entire first post for the first time ever, and I just wanna say that you are too **** awesome mogsie.

Rannskita

Smash Journeyman
is there something im missing in wallteching with falco? i can walltech with characters with pretty instant tech time after their up B, up to 999% on the proximity mine training (doc, luigi, mario, kirby, marth etc). but im either just failing at timing my tech of his up/over B (i can do tech both in his btt stage on the burners) or im missing something important about proximity mine teching with him..

Top Bottom