• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Falco Matchup Thread

Ben-Teezee

Smash Apprentice
i know most falcos dont worry about it, but what are some good tips on how to power shield lazers?
doh made a video its on youtube has some visual cues for powershielding lasers and Dairs. its kinda good information for vs'ing falco. QQ

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think I can write about the ditto and vs Peach and vs ICs now.

Gimme some time on that, but they'll go up when I can get to them, promise.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Peepee, ur amazing. ur set with armada was amazing and can't believe u beat zhuu

LushLahti

Smash Cadet
Epic thread. Since I've broken all of my controllers I've started to read this thread until I can buy some new one's- and I must tell you, I've learned a lot from this thread so far.

I'm actually kind of glad I broke those controllers, because I discovered this thread and I now watch a lot of smash videos.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
stay out of it's range. you're faster than her.

if you're below her you can face away from her and bair under her bair and **** it sometimes, or try to utilt it.

if yuo're above her you can dair her.

mostly you wanna laser her and force her to misspace, abuse your superior mobility (you ain't fox, though, so be careful), and pressure her when she's forced to land.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
stay out of it's range. you're faster than her.

if you're below her you can face away from her and bair under her bair and **** it sometimes, or try to utilt it.

if yuo're above her you can dair her.

mostly you wanna laser her and force her to misspace, abuse your superior mobility (you ain't fox, though, so be careful), and pressure her when she's forced to land.
Thank you, this is by far my worst MU.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
this has been the go to thread for me for the past couple weeks for reading/learning about smash, and i dont even play falco that much =P mad wisdom in these pages. thanks pp, keep winning =)

do good falcos think about how high each of their lasers are, and what kind of technique to do (dj high low, full jump high low, all three, sh high med low lasers...) - every time they laser? i suck at falco so every time i laser i just pick shl, double, or triple basically depending on how far away they are.

egh

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
The short answer is, usually they do, but when it comes to focusing on the opponent then they have to trust their instincts that the lasers will go pretty much they want them to.

Some people focus on it more than others though. Chops probably focuses on lasers more than players like Zhu or I for example. I've recently started to focus on them more and where you place them has a big impact on your game.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Dtilt to separate them

Kill nana whenever possible

shine up-B her whenever possible it kills pretty early since she doesn't DI

Dthrow is aight otherwise just grab quickly

Try not to get above them too much and respect their Uair

Watch out for edgedash Dsmash

If that's not enough for now lemme know.

Sorry I haven't gotten everything done. =( I've been reworking my matchup ideas. I'll try to get this stuff going again asap.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
Ice Climbers. Help please.
some random things i wrote in a fb thread

ok so here are some things that made a huge difference for me

in the neutral game, dash dance back in forth slightly closer than 1 ic's wd length and farther than their hammer range. usually ic will shield or do a bad approach, punish accordingly.

to counter ic's approach, do a slightly retreating dair. basically ic's can't approach AT ALL if you started slightly closer than their wd range. dair will hit them if they come to you, and if not, your retreat will protect you.

uthrow is the best throw imo unless they're at the edge. splits them up. when punishing nana, never do regular drill -> shine etc. just do repeated nairs, push her off the stage, and cut her recovery with a dair or something quick. make sure you pay attention to popo because he'll be trying to punish any unprotected hits.

do cc -> utilt when ic's come down from platforms / above. never try to beat them with bairs and stuff, just sit there and utilt. ic's will have a hard time getting down and you'll get some free damage for sure.

only do sh aerials after a dash or two (confuses them / makes them have to react, half the time they'll wd towards you which is where retreating dair comes in handy). only use dair on their shield.

fsmash is good if you think they're going to approach you / wanna be lazy. it's usually safe if they're not shield grab range since they slide.

try to make all your laser's low. don't do forward lasers if you think the ic is going to wd where you land. you wanna avoid being too close to ic if possible.

to get out of dthrow -> dair chaingrab, sdi the dair slightly late (this helped my timing a lot). i time it by the hammer sound and i can get it 100% of the time now (it's slightly after normal DI timings, kinda hard to explain). make sure you take some time to learn this.

i personally don't like landing behind ic's. i seem to always lose to their bair oos, so i like to stay in front. i don't usually go for grabs but they're good if the ic's too reliant on shield / if you have inconsistent shield pressure.

when recovering generally go for platforms. i find mixing it up and going for the edge not worth the trade if you get fsmashed (obviously).

but yeah that's kinda summarized what i learned from nintendude after playing him for a few months. i did significantly better against fly / wobbles recently so i think it helped.

the biggest thing was the dash dance within a wd thing and protecting myself with retreating dairs + getting the sdi on the dthrow -> dair chaingrab. i'm really bad at giving advice so i just threw out some stuff i learned haha

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
question: are you supposed to smash DI away or up and away or up to get out of the chaingrab. i seemed to have the most luck with away but i have only tried spacies against ICs for about 4-5 matches so i thought one of you would probably know better.

unknown522

Some guy
question: are you supposed to smash DI away or up and away or up to get out of the chaingrab. i seemed to have the most luck with away but i have only tried spacies against ICs for about 4-5 matches so i thought one of you would probably know better.
you can't SDI throws (except jiggs' f-throw)

Also, my new controller finally shipped in. Sadly I only have 5 days left to practice with it before the tourney

:phone:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
^ lol as if you need much practice to win locals. with no kirbykaze (alledgedly) you're greatest challenege will be the great weon-x.

Actually, you might get WHOOOPED. :p

unknown522

Some guy
don't forget kyle and I.B. The last time I had to change controllers, then I lost to kyle in winner's and Imadh in GFs.

tect is going too. He might beat me if I'm playing bad.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I suppose knightpraetor meant the IC's dthrow(?)>dair chain grab, which should be SDIable when Nana hits you with the aerial. I've always DI'ed it away and slightly down buffering something out of it and it worked pretty well till now :x

Top Bottom