• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Combo Vid - You got Shiz'd On

THE PAIN

Smash Journeyman
Haha, very nice. for some reason, the music kind of slowed the pace of the video for me. I'm not talking about slowdown, it's just the beats were slower than your playing style,

Can't wait for a filefront link.

By the way, i see you're still using QueenDVS' tag.
i felt exactly the same way about the music. overall great vid .

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
who cares about the music, (even though i liked it) put that ***** on mute and sit there in amazement at the cold *** falco.

you can always play your own music while you watch the video

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy perfect 300 posts

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Yo man, I aint gonna lie Shiz. I was hatin' a bit on the video up until the last half. The first half I was thinking your match videos were a bit more impressive. Then I saw more of the crazy combos on fox/marth that you have down to a science, and I had to jump back on the shiz list. The shield breaking at the end was hot too. Keep it up baby.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol Bass :chuckle:. I'm really glad you guys liked the video. I appreciate it. In the future(sometime soon) I think we'll be making a SWFL Crew Combo Video with Me, RockCrock, QueenDVS, SmashMac, KeepSpeedN, and everyone else in SWFL, somewhat like a DBR Combo vid you know? Lol yeah Cyphus, Darkrain ***** out crew(I wish I could of fought him though lol, in friendlies we were going pretty equal). I was really impressed when you had to fight him, (our last person lol), you had 3 stock and he had 4 still and you got him down to last stock, I was pretty amazed.

I'm glad some of you guys liked the music :chuckle: (Falco 4 life, and others)

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
lol yeah I'm always cocky when it comes to Smash. But I only talk trash in my head. When I'm in tournaments I'm always thinking "Oh this guy is nothing, I can beat him easy." Well maybe it's confidence more than cockiness, but when I think this way, I'm less nervous and I don't choke. Unless I'm going against SuperDoodleMan or something, then I'm just like "Okay, I just gotta make sure I don't get four-stocked." :laugh:

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
The shine-->bairs are so moist. Do you just have to practice them a ton in order to not jump-->shine and just turn around in your shine and sit there? It's aggravating, I always do that. And the double shines are sweet.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Shiz likes posting alot in his thread dosent he LOL
Lol, actually I like thanking the people for posting in my thread and I appreciate the comments. I just like to let them know I am glad they enjoyed the video instead of neglecting them.

Masterofdomain, yeah you have to practice it. You have to get the timing down so you don't mess up. But once you get the hang of it its really not that hard.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
hey shiz do u use X or Y to do the shine cancelling? i play fox but im assuming its the same method with different timing, so correct me if im wrong... i always try doin it by almost using the same method as in short hop double lasers, which is sliding my finger across Y n pressing B twice really fast, but when I try to start shine cancelling in order to break a shield its really difficult since i need to start with a down B (the shine) n then keep on sliding my finger really fast across Y n B, but i always mess it up n only get around 3 or 2 which is not enough to break a shield since i need around 10 or more shine cancels (an estimate) to break a shield. so how can i keep it goin??

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
OTRU, what you have to do is keep doing it but at a faster pace going from Y to B. It takes time, but eventually you'll get the hang of it. Its very difficult with Fox, I cdan do it about 13 times. My lil bro KeepSpeedN can do it about 15 times. So you should P.M. him about the situation, he could clear it up for you probably easier than I can. Even though you do the same thing for Falco but at a different pace.

Chinkku, thanks man. I appreciate the comments. But it takes time and practice. Anyone could get as good as someone else in a matter of time. It just depends on how well you adapt to the game.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
My brother (Blunted_Object10) mains falco and is probably one of the best, if not THE best Falco player in Canada. I can safely say your falco would **** his. I usually just think all falco's are the same but u had some interesting approaches with your combos and overall you were just WAY TOO **** to be compared to most of the good falcos in america.

good shiz, shizwiz.

cF=)

Smash Lord
My brother (Blunted_Object10) mains falco and is probably one of the best, if not THE best Falco player in Canada.
Speak for yourself WC Canada player. We all know EC (Bam, Vwins, Chester, etc.) > WC (Blunted_Object).

On topic, extremely impressive you are, even though I knew you would reck the crap out of everyone. Watching your 1v1 is basically the same as looking to your combo vid :laugh:

Keep up the skills, hope you show yourself more on the national tourney scene during 2007 !

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Oh thanks guys. Yeah I need to go to more major tournaments. The only ones I've went to were MLG Orlando and FC6. But those were months ago when I couldn't do half the crap I could do now.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
No I won a match lol. I got 17th, but that was my first MLG ever. I Beat Jblaze(Marcus), he's 22nd on the power ranking list. But I don't think he's that good vs Falco...

Zink

Smash Champion
Hey shiz... what the heck do we do with dthrow? I noticed some dsmash, and with luck you can shine, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot. I've been experimenting with ftilt, which sends them backwards if you hit them right, but there has to be something better.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Well, your right. You can't do much with the Dthrow except get a lucky downsmash or shine. But you have to make it random, so most of the time when I do it. It works.

rokimomi

Smash Lord
About the doubleshines. I know you do it with the stick, but its waay faster with b to y, if you can return fast enough. Have you looked into this at all, or does your method work best for you?

PS: was that ds>dair shield break escapable or not?

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Rokimomi, I do the double shines with Y and B. And yeah thats escapable, but its realy hard to escape if your doing the dair after the 2 shines, so most likely you will get them with a dair or shine.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
Speak for yourself WC Canada player. We all know EC (Bam, Vwins, Chester, etc.) > WC (Blunted_Object).

On topic, extremely impressive you are, even though I knew you would reck the crap out of everyone. Watching your 1v1 is basically the same as looking to your combo vid :laugh:

Keep up the skills, hope you show yourself more on the national tourney scene during 2007 !
I said one of the best. You had to go and declare that there are 3 BETTER falco players in EC Canada. Man it's SO ****ing ON this summer when we come over there and *** **** you guys :laugh:

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Amazing job, Shiz. I'd seen a lot of other Falco combo vids before, but I liked yours best because of the originality. Excellent use of platforms, I can never remember to take advantage of them like that. Excellent doubleshining too, you make them look so easy. I've been trying to do those for a while, but I don't think my fingers are quite quick enough yet.

Oh, and I loved the diving off stage for dair spike, that was a lot of fun to watch, although sometimes unnecessary. Keep up the good work and come back to Gigabits sometime!

PS: As for the dthrow question, I've always found it useful to go for the tech-chase into another dthrow, etc. It's extremely useful on small platforms like on Pokemon Stadium, because even if they do tech it, they won't get far enough away from a dsmash. But on characters like Jiggz and Fox, I usually don't even need to tech-chase them since they just bounce back up. It doesn't work all of the time tho, Jiggz can DI after a couple tries and quick enough Foxes can shine out of it.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks Bladeofapollo, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be at Exarchs tournament. Are you going to be there?

Dereck your a douche :chuckle:. I love you.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I said one of the best. You had to go and declare that there are 3 BETTER falco players in EC Canada. Man it's SO ****ing ON this summer when we come over there and *** **** you guys :laugh:
You'll also loose your precious title when we'll show you how EC ganons manage to destroy :demon:

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Lol, let me know how your battle turnout. I want to see whos the best in Canada :chuckle:.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
The Dair(Spike) is one of Falcos best moves. Its wise to use it when its necessary. And thanks Sharingan. :chuckle:.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Shiz, Speedn, and Smashmac all wear glasses!!!
Contacts have one weakness when you play games which require few blinks (Smash, DDR, CS 1.6); they dry extremely fast and stick to your eyeballs, itching and hurting like crazy after long periods of gaming.

Contacts are great for school, swimming lessons or activities which makes you move, but are useless for dedicated gamers ;)

Top Bottom