• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Boards Community Guide Discussion/Rough Draft *WE'RE NOT DONE YET!!! *

Denzi

Smash Master
Also, would it work to get a smaller number of people actually writing the guide to keep a fairly consistent narrative style?

Also, the Pikachu matchup should be a lot worse than on the chart, shouldn't it?
Yes, few writers, hopefully many contributors.

And yes, that's why we're re-duscussing Pika right now.

The chart is still WAY out of date though.

@Kuro: lol, we know.

EDIT: MATCH-UPS!

MK - 50:50 (no Planking)
Snake - 45:55
D3 - 60:40
GnW - 45:55
Falco - 50:50
ROB - 40:60
Marth - 40:60
Wario - 50:50
Lucario - 55:45
DK - 60:40
Diddy - 60:40
Pika - 30:70
IC's - 30:70
Kirby - 45:55
Pit - 55:45
Wolf - 60:40
TLink - 60:40
LOlimar - 50:50
Fox - 60:40
Zelda - 50:50
Zamus - 60:40
Bowser - 70:30
Luigi - 55:45
Peach - 55:45
Ike - 60:40
Sheik - 45:55?
Lucas - 60:40
Ness - 55:45(according to Ness boards)
Mario - 60:40(according to Mario boards)
PT - 60:40(according to PT boards)
Squirtle - 60:40(according to PT boards (though it's probably better for Squirtle))
Ivy - 65:35(according to PT boards)
Charizard - 55:45(according to PT boards)
Samus - 60:40?
Yoshi - 60:40
Sonic - 60:40(according to Sonic boards)
Jiggz - 55:45(according to Jigglypuff boards)
Ganon - 90:10(lol)
Link - 70:30(according to Link boards)
C. Falcon - 75:25(according to Falcon boards)

Ok, I call dibs on updating the image for the Match-up Chart. I'll just have to go get the numbers now :)

If anyone can recall them all now that will save me a ton of time.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace

GnW - 45:55
Kirby - 45:55
Squirtle - 60:40(according to PT boards (though it's probably better for Squirtle))
MK is 50:50? True counter to MK comes in where?
I still want more Pika discussion before we say it's 30:70.
I think Shiek should be at worst even if we don't factor in Zelda.
I think Lucario is a soft counter too :(

zamz

Smash Journeyman
...Add a 'State Counterpick' section, comparing all tournament viable stages, and how they influence different match ups.

I'm pretty inactive as of late, but I'm willing to help out when I'm available.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Here is a guide I began to write back in December - January. I had to stop because of important exams :/

There are probably some / a lot of mistakes, I haven't corrected it at all yet.(And I was even more bad at speaking english than I am now. Moreover, there could be some old information.
So please help me correcting it !

How to kill two stones with a bird

A Falco Guide by Blad01

//!\\ THIS IS JUST THE FIRST PART OF THE GUIDE. THE REST OF THE GUIDE WILL BE WRITTEN BT ME AND THE FBR CURRENT JANUARY //!\\

Contents

I. Introduction
II. Strenghts and Weaknesses
III. Terms
IV. Moveset
V. Important Techs
VI. Laser techniques and uses
VII. Learn how this bird flies ! (Spacing)

1. Defense
2. Attack
3. Platforms
VIII. Useful links
IV. Credits

I. Introduction
Falco is considered as one of the best characters in the game, and is right now A Tier and 3d on the SBR Tier List. However, he's one of the top / high tier the hardest to understand and to play, and thus is going down on the Characters Ranking (#7 right now), and looses popularity. This guide is meant to explain Falco as in understood him, and of course gather all the interestant threads we have in this section.
Let's begin :)

II. Strenghts and Weaknesses

+ Good camping game : Laser, Phantasm, Shine.
+ A *****ng good weapon : The laser. Works wonder for defense and attack.
+ Good mobility in the airs, with very good priority.
+ Chaingrab on half on the cast, and on Top Tier characters.
+ Good horizontal recovery.
+ One of the best characters for mindgames, being able to punish mistakes pretty well (FSmash, Grab, Dair, Bair)

- Light weight : Dies pretty early.
- His set of smashes / killing moves is average, but not amazing.
- Slow running speed.
- Crappy vertical recovery.
- His Phantasm (side-b) is easily predicted and overprioritized.
- One the characters who needs mindgames the most to be good at being aggressive.

Overall, what is nice with Falco is that he can be (very) good at defense and attack; he has a versatility that only a few characters have.

III. Terms

- To come -

IV. Moveset

The Basics [IVBAS]

Jab - Spinning Wings :falco::falco::falco::falco:
Damage: 4% > 2% > 1%, 1% [...]
Speed: Awesome, 2 frames for the first hit.
Range: Good
Lag: Little, 14 frames for the first hit (without any cancel)
Techs Related : Jab Cancel.

Wow, our Jab is one of the best on the game ! :D It's fast, as a Jab has to be (2 frames), has good range, and offers a lot of possibilities.
First, you can just go for the full jab (A, A, A), it works suprisingly well, and your opponent has no choice but to DI away from you. This can lead into others moves (Shine, regrab, Dash Attack) if you predict his DI / reaction.
But the first Jab alone is also very good, and can easily lead into a grab. You have to learn the timing well though, because if you don't, the opponent will have a window of movement. Crouch Cancel or Shield Cancel don't really work, but must find the perfect timing. The crouch "cancel" (pressing down on the stick while you press A) actually helps a bit to get this timing.
You can also do the first two jabs, and grab. The timing is a little harder, and if you don't get it, you will end up doing a simple A, A, A combo.

Dash Attack -Flying Kick :falco:
Damage: 9% (strong), 6% (end of the attack)
Speed: Great, 4 frames
Range: Good.
Lag: Depends. The hitbox stay during many frames, but if you touch at the very beginning of the attack, you will have 31 frames of lag. If you hit at the end, you will have little lag.
Techs Related : Gatling Combo, Boost Smash.

Wow ! This move... sucks... Yeah pretty much. Well, its low knockback can lead at low percents into an other Dash Attack, or in a reverse grab on heavies, like sk92 showed on Snake. (D-Throw > DAsh Attack > Turn Around > Grab)

But most of the time, you have better options... The point is, Dash Attack alone sucks, but Dash Attack Cancel... rocks ! I'll cover that on the AT section. :)

The Tilts [IVTIL]

FTilt - Frontside Kick :falco::falco: ,5
Damage: 9%
Speed: Good, 6 frames
Range: Decent / Good
Lag: 20 frames

Falco gives a kick in front of him... Pretty self-explenatory.
This move has good range for a tilt (ok, maybe not as much as Snake's FTilt...), and most of all very good priority.
It could seem to be weak and useless at first, but in fact, it can be used as a "Get of me" move : When the opponent is getting closer than you want, FTilt pushes him back quickly, and can even outprioritises his approach.
It's also very good to punish rolls, along with Bair.

Oh, and on a side note, if you tilt it down, it can be used as an 'edgeguard' move, against an opponent holding the ledge without any invincibility frames left. FSmash can be used for the same purpose, but Ftilt is faster and safer.

DTilt - Whip Tail :falco:
Damage: 12% (close), 9% (tip of the tail)
Speed: Decent, 7 frames
Range: Poor...
Lag: 20 frames
Kills At : Your strongest tilt... 157% fresh. Well, you won't use it as a kill move anyways :/

So... Seriously, i don't really what to say about this tilt :p Actually, i almost never use it : It's near useless. Poor range, poor killing power... It can actually be used after a Jab to poke a shield, or to pressure a shield (if it is fresh, you can space it to avoid a shieldgrab) but it's a little risky, since there is a a bit of after-lag.

UTilt - Double Swings :falco: :falco:
Damage: 4%, 5%
Speed: 4 frames for the first hit, 12 for the second
Range: Horizontally very poor, good vertically for the second hit.
Lag: 24 frames

A situationnal tilt. It pretty good to set-up an aerial chase with Nair, Bair, but is pretty hard to land. I can see two situations when landing it is fairly easy : When your opponent is to close ("get outta my way !"), or when you are under him (under a platform - under a peach floatting :p).

The Smashes [IVSMH]

FSmash - Ear Cutter :falco: :falco: :falco:
Damage: 15% (21% charged), 10% at the tip (14% charged)
Speed: Fairly slow for Falco, 16 – 18 frames.
Range: Very good.
Lag: Pretty bad >_> 31 frames
Kills At : 115% fresH.

And here it is ! The FSmash is a double-edged weapon : It's our best kill move, but still one of our slowest moves ! O_O
This is the perfect example of the need of mindgames : You'll have to use it when your opponent doesn't except it. Out of a (tech)roll, after having walked backward a bit, an empty SH... You have to create an opening ;)

DSmash - :falco: :falco:
Damage: 15% (21% charged)
Speed: 7 frames
Range: Poor / Decent.
Lag: 39 frames.
Kills At : 160% fresh

Oww, this smash's range makes me so sad... It hits on both sides on the same time, is pretty fast, so it could seem pretty cool at first sight, after a spotdodge by example. But actually, its range and knockback are pretty bad, and make this move near useless. :/

You would better USmash, FTilt, or SH Dair / Bair after a shield / spotdodge.

USmash - :falco: :falco: :falco: ,5

Damage: 14% (19% charged), 12% (16% charged) for second hitbox.
Speed: Good for a smash, 8 frames for the first hit.
Lag: 36 frames if you hit with the very first hit. But the hitbox stays for several frames, so it's not that laggy.
Kills At : 122% fresh.
Techs Related : Gatling Combo, Boost Smash, Reverse Jump Canceled US.

This U-Smash is the best of Falco's 3 Smashes. It's fast, reliable, and can be used with Gatling Combo, Boost Smash to get a kill. Its knockback is not amazing - not as good as Fox's -, but is average, and you can usually get a kill at 120% - 130%.

The USmash can be laggy a bit if he hits a shield at the beginning, but pushes it back enough to prevent the shieldgrab.

There is many ways to get a Usmash kill : Out of shield, after a SHDL, or to punish an spot dodge / Air dodge. I give some examples, but of course it’s your job to condition your opponent into doing something… that you’ll punish.

(oh and sorry for the hitbox screen :p)

The Aerials [IVAER]

Neutral Air - Aerial Spinning Wings :falco: :falco: :falco:

Damage:
Speed:
Range: Decent.
Lag: None.

"Wow, this move sucks ! Give me back my sex kick". This is our first reaction lol ^^
But after this first sight, you realize that this is one of Falco's best aerial for attack and combos : It’s our best mutli-hit aerial (well, the only that we can use in a SH anyways…), autocancelling on landing, and leading to Jab, Utilt and Grab pretty safely. It allows Falco to approach a shielding opponent nicely, giving you the upper-hand. I've found that it can be shieldgrab, but if you fastfall at the right moment, it will be harder... More tests to come on that.

Down Air - Kick of the Lonely Bird :falco: :falco: :falco:

Damage: 13% for the strong hitbow (at the beginning - lower part of the body), 8% for the second hitbox (at the ending - upper part of the body)
Speed: Very Good, 5 frames.
Lag: If FF, 12 frames. Very few lag, i'm quit a bit surprise by this data.

Our spike ! Well... I prefer to tell you that from the beginning : It's not as good as it used to be in Melee, and far from being one of the best spikes moves in the game... You can sometimes gimp your opponent's recovery with it (Snakeee !), but it's not really a reliable option.
It has the most uses after a Dthrow (chaingrab), in order to setup a techchase.
The chaingrab to spike has been found to be 'techable' by a lot of characters recently (Video), but it can still setup a chase / Mindgame (let your opponent fair while trying to Smash DI :p).

Also, if you learn to Dair off the stage without fastfalling (or if you A-stick), it could become... Much more useful, since a chaingrab to non-ff spike on wolf is non-techable. But you would lose C-stick Smashes then...

[...] (I have pictures for the others moves too)

Tell me what you think ;)

That is goodz xD We could use that as the format and just imply everything so far into that draft you have there.

EDIT:

Alright. Here is the Match-Up image revised with the info that Denzi got me. I excluded Pikachu and a few others because those weren't discussions that were finalized or that we did.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect

GnW - 40:60
Kirby - 45:55 ???
I honestly don't think pikachu is as bad as IC, my call is that IC = 75:25 and pika 70:30, or maybe ic abit worse.

And I never understood how a top level G&W plays 55:45 against falco, he just has so many advantages, as soon as you're offstage you're in for a ride.

Then kirby, how the F did he go from 70:30 to 55:45? I mean seriously, how?

Kirby (like G&W) was a match-up we over exaggerated.

Pikachu is bad because of the whole one grab = almost death. That match-up was even to begin with, but with the grab they have against us? It's worse now.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Kirby (like G&W) was a match-up we over exaggerated.

Pikachu is bad because of the whole one grab = almost death. That match-up was even to begin with, but with the grab they have against us? It's worse now.
Yeah but IC has more tricks to get that grab in, thus resulting in a 0-death, while against pikachu you can avoid most of the pain by getting hit by volts or avoiding his grab, even if QAC is op and fetches him an occasional grab.

Blad01

Smash Lord
I would like someone to explain me why Kirby and G&W are sometimes considered even (45 - 55) aswell.
They are at least 40-60 match-ups.

For the G&W match-up, it's not because Sethlon used to beat Hylian that the match-up is less difficult, it's because Sethlon was better than Hylian. He was able to win a 40-60 (or 36-65 for some people, but it does seem a bit exaggerated) match-up by creating openings and relying on Hylian's mistakes.

[EDIT : Denzi put Falco - G&W as a 40-60 match-up, so I agree with him. Still, it doesn't explain Kirby match-up, and why some people consider Falco - G&W match-up to be even]

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
**** right I'll contribute.

Split the task and it'll go faster.

zamz

Smash Journeyman

EDIT: MATCH-UPS!

GnW - 40:60
Marth - 35:65
Pika - 40:60
Kirby - 35:65
Zelda - 45:55
Sheik - 50:50
Charizard - 60:40
My thoughts are blue.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Bleachigo's input. Take it or leave it. Guess what your mother did? [Incomplete]

I'm starting the AT's in the format that was given earlier, by Hawks go Caw, I'll one in a few.
Also who can upload videos, not all AT's have videos...

-Name: Immediate Aerial Phantasm (IAP)
-Description: Performing the phantasm at the lowest point possible, cutting ending lag. Start-up lag is increased though. Overall it is better than a normal phantasm
-How it's performed: Short Hop > Phantasm [Side + Special]
-Application: Controls space and can build damage. Forces your opponent to approach or can be used as an approach. Helps you run away in useful situations as well. This can also be canceled like the normal phantasm for mind games and such.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Dash Attack Cancel Up-Smash (DACUS) [Also known as Gatling Combo]
-Description: A dash attack that is canceled into a Up-Smash, on contact.
-How it's performed: Initiate a dash attack. When it first connects input a Up-smash. (Doesn't matter how it is done, C-stick or Up+A)
-Application: Can combo into a Chain Grab at low percents and racks up about 24%
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Boost Smash
-Description: With the momentum cancel of a Dash Attack, the up smash travels a lot farther. About 1/3 of Final Destinations length.
-How it's performed: Dash, C-stick Down, then hit Attack + Up. (No Contact until the Up-smash comes up)
-Application: Sneak in early kills, combo potential at High Percents.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Phantasm Phakeout (Guys this needs a new name)
-Description: Phantasming on the edge of the stage might produce a "glitch" where Falco appears above the ledge he phantasmed into.
-How it's performed: Phantasm at the edge of the stage. Falco's gun holder should be level/parallel with the edge of the stage.
-Application: Mind games. Flashy.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Laser Lock (LL)
-Description: When a opponent prat falls he or she cannot do anything. Repeatedly shooting lasers at the enemy causes them to bounce infinitely as long as there is a ground. (Infinite on a wall)
-How it's performed: Shoot lasers at a opponent when he or she prat falls.
-Application: Cheap damage, though it is very impractical to land this.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Platform Laser Lock
-Description: Same as above, with the exception that it is done on 1 platform for a true infinite that is inescapable. It end when the player misses a laser or waits for the pratfall wake up. [This is a 0-death when it is chained into a up smash]
-How it's performed: Short Hop Double Laser at head level when a opponent pratfalls onto a platform. You shoot twice on the right then twice on the left to keep them from falling off the platform.
-Application: Cheap damage. 0-death.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: B-reversal
-Description: When you shoot a laser you quickly hit the opposite direction that Falco is facing [You hit the opposite direction in the beginning of the animation]. The momentum is traded to the direction you input and he fires the laser in that direction.
-How it's performed: Jump, Laser , then quickly hit the opposite direction.
-Application: Spacing tool. Mind games. Flashy.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Turn Around B Special.
-Description: Performing a special attack in the opposite direction that you were facing.
-How it's performed: In the air you hit the opposite direction you were facing before you perform the attack. Falco should switch direction before he does anything.
-Application: Laser spacing. [If this is usable with Fire bird then recovery]
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Boost Grabbing.
-Description: Canceling a dash animation with a grab for a little boost.
-How it's performed: Dash Attack [C-stick], then Grab.
-Application: Tiny boost range. It isn't amazing.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name: Reverse Boost Grab [Pivot Boost Grab]
-Description: Same as above, with the added exception that you pivot grab.
-How it's performed: Dash Attack, Pivot Gab
-Application: Can be used in a chain grab to switch the direction that the chain grab is following. It is very flashy as well.
-Video:
-Thread:

-Name:
-Description:
-How it's performed:
-Application:
-Video:
-Thread:

So how are we going to get the guide written? Denzi mentioned few writers, but many contributors.

I would like someone to explain me why Kirby and G&W are sometimes considered even (45 - 55) aswell.
They are at least 40-60 match-ups.

For the G&W match-up, it's not because Sethlon used to beat Hylian that the match-up is less difficult, it's because Sethlon was better than Hylian. He was able to win a 40-60 (or 36-65 for some people, but it does seem a bit exaggerated) match-up by creating openings and relying on Hylian's mistakes.

[EDIT : Denzi put Falco - G&W as a 40-60 match-up, so I agree with him. Still, it doesn't explain Kirby match-up, and why some people consider Falco - G&W match-up to be even]
Kirby is near even because while he does have a lot of stuff on Falco, but it isn't all that horrible.

They are both light and have somewhat hard KO moves, but are both good against each other. Kirby has a combo on Falco from a grab that gets past the low percents. Falco has a CG that will always get up to 30% and any grab below 50% is equal to Dair being able to hit and leading to a tech chase. Kirby does have the better ability to recover. Falco though has the better overall ground game. Kirby suffers from lack of switch ups. Pretty much all his approaches are fairly straightforward and easy to counter. We also out range kirby fairly well with Jab and Ftilt.

So it's near even because they have a lot of stuff over each other that evens out the match-up. But kirby still has the slight advantage. G&W I wouldn't call even, but it's not a screwed over match-up like ICs.

Of the 2, Kirby has less of an advantage over falco than G&W does. So yeah, 60-40.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
Ill Be Helping With At's

If you think I should add anything to my post, tell me.
I Think I Should Be Added To The List.

Flako's:laugh: Advanced Tatics !
if i missed anything or need to add anything then please tell me

Disclaimer[Useful Vids]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp7ykxTzwfQ - Ozz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlvWOBvXsfo&feature=fvw - IAP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRht1NgMvGQ&feature=related - SHDl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5IgaK9SaiM&feature=related - Laser Guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QyzRIRTHYk&feature=related - Chaingrab/Pivot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYt959RJsr0 - Intermediate Guide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnR-qxoGngU&feature=channel_page - How To Protect Your Bread
[ Moar Vids Comming Up Later]

First Lets Start Off With His Lasers.

SHL = Short Hop Then At The Peak Of You Jump You Fall Down To Like Where His Beak Is And Shoot A Laser.
Picture

Thats How Hit Laser Is Supposed To Look When Doing SHL.
Picture

This Is Where You Should Just About Shoot The Laser

SHDL = Same Applies As SHL But This Time You Short Hop The At The Peak Of Your Jump You Shoot A Laser ; Wait For A Moment Then Shoot Another One.[Moar Details For Lasers Later On]

Glide Smash/BoostSmash= Run, Press Down On The C-Stick Then Up && Z. The Distance On The Glide Smash Distance Varies On How Long You Hold The Z Button[Doing This Move Would Be Indulging ''SEX'' On People , Thus Consisting In ''SEX''. Flako Has Babies Imo.
Picture

You Can See Some Of The Part Where He's Gliding
Picture

When Its Charged

IAP[Instant Ariel Phantasm] This Ni**a Flako Is Like A Jet On The Floor. Well If You Didn't Change Your Controls Then In Order To Do This You Press Your Jump Button && Then Side B As Soon As You Press The Jump Button. [Better Of Changing R To Special Imo]
Picture
Regular Phantasm
]
(IAP) Instant Aerial Phantasm

If Done Correctly Then Flako Should Be Out Of His Phantasm As Shown

RaR[Reverse Aerial Rush] Run, Stop Your Running Momentum By Pressing The Opposite Direction On Your Analog Stick, Then Hitting You Cstick In The Direction Your Going In. Mindgames Much, Or Just Some Useful Move ?

The Start

The Mid

The Finish
DLX/Gattling Combo= Probably The Most Useful Technique In His Arsenal. A Good 23-24 Damage Move In 2 HITS. Simple To Do [GC Preferred] You Run, Hit Da C-Stick Down, Then Up and Z. Its That Simple Imo. You Can Also Use Your A Move But Moar Chances Of You Probably Messing Up.
Picture

The Start

The Mid

The Finish

C H A I N G R A B. Flako Is Very Known For Doing This Because. . .
1. Damage Increases Sporadically.
2. 0-Death On Some Occasions.
3.Combo Starter.
4. Birds Grab So Stop Asking.
All You Do Is Grab,D-Throw And Regrab
Go Here For Moar In Dept Info. . http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164990

Flako's Grab Range Lmao

Chaingrabbing Throw

PivotWalking/SpinSliding= Michael Jackon Em Much. New Invention Of MoonWalking. Move Is Rly Just For The Lulz && For Your Amusement When You Do It && There Excitement. Mor To This Move Then Click http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238437

B-Sticking Laz0rxz=Run, Jump && Hit B , But At The Exact Moment You Hit B You Hit The Opposite Direction You Jumped In. OMGWTFH4X much:confused: [Vid In Disclaimer Section]

TechChasing= Useful But Here's A Guide Made By Vlade
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226180

Phantasm Cancel= SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX . Simple To ''SEX'' Someone With. Just Phantasm && Press B During The Start Before His Makes That Annoying SWIISHH Sound.

Jab Cancel=Just Jab And Press Down On You Analog Stick To End The Jab And To Start A New One. Simple Much.[ Moar Help In Disclaimer Part

DI(e)[Directional Influence] . . I Need Some Help On This One People:urg: Just Remember That Flako's Fastest Aerial Is His Bair

Laser Lock= Locking Someone In With Flako's Laz0r. Simple To Do. Can be Done With the bair,nair,dair and get up ledge attack. For more info related to laser locking, look at this guide or go in disclaimer part of guide. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162322

Pivot Grab= Pretty Much A Sexy Type Of Grab In Which You Glide On The Floor But Grabbing At The Same Time. All You Do Is Run, Hit The Opposite Direction On The Control Stick, And Hit Z.
Picture

The Front

The Back

Reflector=I Say This Is A Advanced Tactic Lol. Getting Smacked Up With Blue Neon On A Circular Type Thing Is Just Priceless. All You Do Is Press Down -B To Activate It.
Its Good For ;
1. Defense
2.Spacing
3.Projectiles
4.Blocking Moves
5.Blocking Approaches.
6.Range
Picture

If I Missed Anything Or Need To Put Something Else In, Then Please Inform Me So I Can Put It In The Guide

PhreshDaBoss ;;
Im Cakin` && Trade ; Est O9

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
So how are we going to get the guide written? Denzi mentioned few writers, but many contributors.

Kirby is near even because while he does have a lot of stuff on Falco, but it isn't all that horrible.

They are both light and have somewhat hard KO moves, but are both good against each other. Kirby has a combo on Falco from a grab that gets past the low percents. Falco has a CG that will always get up to 30% and any grab below 50% is equal to Dair being able to hit and leading to a tech chase. Kirby does have the better ability to recover. Falco though has the better overall ground game. Kirby suffers from lack of switch ups. Pretty much all his approaches are fairly straightforward and easy to counter. We also out range kirby fairly well with Jab and Ftilt.

So it's near even because they have a lot of stuff over each other that evens out the match-up. But kirby still has the slight advantage. G&W I wouldn't call even, but it's not a screwed over match-up like ICs.

Of the 2, Kirby has less of an advantage over falco than G&W does. So yeah, 60-40.
bair spam > offstage gimp = win

Denzi

Smash Master
I bet he might be able to get permission. I dont' think that SWF strictly prohibits the act of giving our passwords to one's account, even though it's suggested to not do so. If that's the case I don't think there is anything they can say against it, but who knows.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Who all do we have as writers?

I'll update with Teran, zamz and Phresh.

I'll add both his and Blad's posts to my original post, and it could be used. Not guranteeing it.

I agree with zamz's updates, makes more sense to me if you've actually played good players who know what their doing.

btw, Phresh. Stop with the sex and babies ****. You can use it, but actually try and make sense with it lulz. Phantasm; SEX SEX SEX? Chill out on it bro :)

Nahhhhh.

EDIT: If you'd like to be a writer, go ahead and post. I'll let Denzi approve who should/shouldn't be. I'll end up changing the contributors list for different colors for the Writers. Posted Blad's and Phresh's stuff, I like how Blad set it up. We could start from there, and mix a few up. However you guys wanna do it.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
I'm the local English major. I'm more than happy to check for grammar...if we need an editor.

Oh, and whoever is defining "Laser Lock," please clarify that you cannot laser lock a trip. We've had several people in the past create "easy laser lock setups", which involve forced-tripping, and 0 laser locking.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
Who all do we have as writers?

I'll update with Teran, zamz and Phresh.

I'll add both his and Blad's posts to my original post, and it could be used. Not guranteeing it.

I agree with zamz's updates, makes more sense to me if you've actually played good players who know what their doing.

btw, Phresh. Stop with the sex and babies ****. You can use it, but actually try and make sense with it lulz. Phantasm; SEX SEX SEX? Chill out on it bro :)

Nahhhhh.

EDIT: If you'd like to be a writer, go ahead and post. I'll let Denzi approve who should/shouldn't be. I'll end up changing the contributors list for different colors for the Writers. Posted Blad's and Phresh's stuff, I like how Blad set it up. We could start from there, and mix a few up. However you guys wanna do it.
Lmao I Know What You Mean But
I Wanted To Make Da Guide Moar Funnier && Less Boring Cuz These Guides Be Soo Plain Yu Feel Me
But I Will Lessen It.

My personal opinion is that Ozz, Pure, Denzi, Jp4u and a few others should be the ones with access to the stuff since they have the most experience dealing with Falco and have been for a long time. Even though I haven't seen jp4u in forever.

Jon?

Smash Champion
I can help contribute some information as well. I have on Summer class so I'll have lots of free time to help write stuff up.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
As I said before, I'd be glad to write in the guide, too, if nobody minds a few hundred extraneous commas.

Also, shouldn't this

-Name: B-reversal
-Description: When you shoot a laser you quickly hit the opposite direction that Falco is facing [You hit the opposite direction in the beginning of the animation]. The momentum is traded to the direction you input and he fires the laser in that direction.
-How it's performed: Jump, Laser , then quickly hit the opposite direction.
-Application: Spacing tool. Mind games. Flashy.
-Video:
-Thread:

be wavebouncing, and this
-Name: Turn Around B Special.
-Description: Performing a special attack in the opposite direction that you were facing.
-How it's performed: In the air you hit the opposite direction you were facing before you perform the attack. Falco should switch direction before he does anything.
-Application: Laser spacing. [If this is usable with Fire bird then recovery]
-Video:
-Thread:
be B-reversal?

Edit: Maybe I should link to the post I was referring to... http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7669683&postcount=58

Edit 2: Nomenclature: imdoinitrong

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Wave bouncing is when you face left, the shoot left and move towards the right, because of the whatever happens when you hit Back-B with the C-stick.

Left is just what I chose for a example blahblah....

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Blahblahwutever - WRITER
BleachigoZX - FREE (?)
clowsui - FREE (?)
Crystal - FREE (?)
Denzi
- WRITER
Emperor Time - PICS
Hawks Go Caw - FREE (?)
Jon? - FREE (?)
KuroZero - FREE (?)
Teran - FREE (?)
Vlade - FREE (?)
WaterTails - WRITER
Xonar - FREE (?)
YUNq FR3$H - WRITER (?)
zamz
- EDITOR

Awaiting Confirmation:

-Blad01
-J4pu
-Marcbri
-pure_awesome
-Tommy_G

---

Purple is Writers. I need them to confirm that they will be able to help to or I can remove them. Others can pick what they want to help with, such as Emperor with Pics, zamz with Editor. I'll let Denzi approve them though btw. If you have a question mark, please confirm it. btw, I know Blad already confirmed, but gotta make sure he'll help. He'll still be added to credits either way.

As for the new account. Here's my opinion on who should have it.

1) Denzi
2) zamz
3) Crystal
4) Hawks Go Caw

All I have at the moment. Not sure if I should add myself to the list, cause I don't want others disagreeing lmao.

Any objections though? >.>

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
So let's get stuff done? I think Denzi's just going to make the account and pick folks which is fine by me. He probably has a good sense of who's here and who knows stuff.
Maybe we should poll what the account name should be though. Suggestions? Personally, I like Falcos go PEW!

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah not sure if this has already been discussed but shouldn't we have a section on good and bad stages for falco with brief summaries as to why they're good/bad?.
I suggested it a few pages earlier, but it got overlooked. Here's a few ideas for the "stage" section of the guide:

-Order each stage like a mock tier list, (from Falco's best to his worst) for quick reference
-Explain Falco's strengths/weaknesses for each element of the stage and provide some sort of strategy guide customized for the given stage.
-Explain if Falco should generally treat the stage as a counterpick, or a ban (/why)
-Give a list of characters where the stage should be treated as a counterpick.
-Give a list of characters where the stage should be treated as a ban.

So let's get stuff done? I think Denzi's just going to make the account and pick folks which is fine by me. He probably has a good sense of who's here and who knows stuff.
Maybe we should poll what the account name should be though. Suggestions? Personally, I like Falcos go PEW!
This is if Denzi manages to get the account idea to work at all. He ran it by Mini Mic who is going to run it by others. And a name? lol Why not just have it something that's boring, plain and fits the topic FalcoAccount :laugh:

I suggested it a few pages earlier, but it got overlooked. Here's a few ideas for the "stage" section of the guide:

-Order each stage like a mock tier list, (from Falco's best to his worst) for quick reference
-Explain Falco's strengths/weaknesses for each element of the stage and provide some sort of strategy guide customized for the given stage.
-Explain if Falco should generally treat the stage as a counterpick, or a ban (/why)
-Give a list of characters where the stage should be treated as a counterpick.
-Give a list of characters where the stage should be treated as a ban.
I like the idea of everything except for the tier list thing. It seems kind of pointless as you really only ever need to know 2-3 good stages to play on. Plus, it would really change against who you are playing against. For example, FD would be best against MK and RC worst against Falco when playing against MK, but against ICs, RC would actually be a decent choice to consider playing on.

That list of where to bring characters and where to avoid them more than makes up for the use of a tier list.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Yeah, zamz, I don't really see why we'd need a tier list. Wouldn't knowing a handful of good and bad stages work just as well?

Also, Denzi, what did you mean by "Summary of Brawl Falco" in the OP?

Also, also, is there anything that anybody absolutely doesn't want to write? I'm going to be intertron-less for part of the day tomorrow, and might want to do some work on this.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Blahblahwutever - WRITER
BleachigoZX - FREE (?)
clowsui - FREE (?)
Crystal - FREE (?)
Denzi
- WRITER
Emperor Time - PICS
Hawks Go Caw - FREE (?)
Jon? - FREE (?)
KuroZero - FREE (?)
Teran - FREE (?)
Vlade - FREE (?)
WaterTails - WRITER
Xonar - FREE (?)
YUNq FR3$H - WRITER (?)
zamz
- EDITOR

Awaiting Confirmation:

-Blad01
-J4pu
-Marcbri
-pure_awesome
-Tommy_G

---

Purple is Writers. I need them to confirm that they will be able to help to or I can remove them. Others can pick what they want to help with, such as Emperor with Pics, zamz with Editor. I'll let Denzi approve them though btw. If you have a question mark, please confirm it. btw, I know Blad already confirmed, but gotta make sure he'll help. He'll still be added to credits either way.

As for the new account. Here's my opinion on who should have it.

1) Denzi
2) zamz
3) Crystal
4) Hawks Go Caw

All I have at the moment. Not sure if I should add myself to the list, cause I don't want others disagreeing lmao.

Any objections though? >.>
Can you ask "Young Fresh" if he can use proper gammar if he's going to be an author?

Top Bottom