• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've had two dreams now that Mewtwo will be revealed. Surely that's a sign?
We all had Mewtwo dreams at some point. Hell, I posted mine a while back.

Face it, Mewtwo's chances are 0.
Jigglypuff master-race. :jigglypuffmelee:
There are some lines you don't cross, boi. Until I got to the obvious part where you were joking you triggered rage not unlike what @ Masonomace Masonomace would do :troll:

But otherwise, you had me like this:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
But, they are. There are only 5 pokemon slots. Jiggly wins every time, obviously. Original 12 and such. All the pokemon were revealed in the Greninja trailer. There are no more pokemon.

Ahem.

There were 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl.There were 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl.There were 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl.There were 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl.There were 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl.There were 6 playable Pokemon in Brawl.

Why do I have to keep repeating this to people? Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can coexist...

Assuming the best outcome that Ivysaur and Squirtle are cut.

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
I´´m getting insane if OTL80 was right and Ganon is playable insteed of Mewtwo! Then Sakurai is really a pig! XD

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Not at all. I think if we were it would have been announced today. I think we will get something the week before Japan's release date but time is running short for Sakurai.
Only if it were on Monday. Otherwise it would be likely announced the day before. That's Nintendo's usual announcement schedule for Directs.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Not at all. I think if we were it would have been announced today. I think we will get something the week before Japan's release date but time is running short for Sakurai.
Yeah that just means none on Monday. Nintendo Directs are usually Tuesday-Thursday, so I'm hoping we here an announcement next week.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Could just be a 20 minute trailer explaining & showing the remaining newcomers. It's getting really close to the release of the game in 26+ days-ish. 7 weeks.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
YOUR REATION: Mewtwo is downgraded to a Pokeball how would you react.
To a mere pokeball? That's even worse than MasterBall treatment. You sure you wanna stay alive?;)

But I'm only kidding, I would expect it, I've parepared myself for Boss treatment or Pokeball summon treatment. I'm going along to say I've prepared for playable status too.
Edit: I'm one of the few that come sto the Mewtwo thread saying stuff like that:seuss:

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
YOUR REATION: Mewtwo is downgraded to a Pokeball how would you react.
I will be super fine if he can be summoned through regular pokeball, though, it seemed too much demotion going for him. It will be nice if he can be only summoned through Master Ball unlike other legendaries that can be occasionally summoned through regular Pokeball.

It's at least better than others just having a trophy or A.T./Pokeball.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just thought of something:

And yes, I am stealing from @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed 's post. Don't complain, Speed. Go take some speed and feel better C:

He ranted on the fact that Greninja's model was altered to fool us. I'd like to say something to that point:

GRENINJA HAS PECTORALS FOR SOME REASON

(yes, that's my ipad, 2lazy to go to computer)

I mean seriously, look at it upside down and it looks like an upper chest with pecs and all. Don't give me "it's his butt" or something like that. Greninja clearly knows how to use that Protean ability to preform temporary metamorphosis, since he's aware of the humans recording him in poor lighting conditions. He had many fooled.

TLDR: My perception of things is interesting.

@ Masonomace Masonomace and @ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine get in here and tell me your thoughts about my insight pls C-:

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

And yes, I am stealing from @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed 's post. Don't complain, Speed. Go take some speed and feel better C:

He ranted on the fact that Greninja's model was altered to fool us. I'd like to say something to that point:

I mean seriously, look at it upside down and it looks like an upper chest with pecs and all. Don't give me "it's his butt" or something like that. Greninja clearly knows how to use that Protean ability to preform temporary metamorphosis, since he's aware of the humans recording him in poor lighting conditions. He had many fooled.

Hahaahhaha xD No harm done.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
With how much people wanted Mewtwo back, I really wouldn't be surprised if he were back and they're holding him back for a bit of extra hype. Mix the desire for him back with him being in Pokemon X & Y, and it's easy to see why he would be back.

The Greninja trailer was a bit misleading, but I wouldn't read much into it. They may have been trying to get people's hopes up with it though, and in such a case, I would argue that they aren't likely to be trying to create false hope, just give a little hint at what's to come.

Who knows though.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A
:snake:: Kept ya waitin huh?. . .Liquid.

My thoughts is amphibian logic. He's still the stage between tadpole & frog. He's a pokemon so it's not out of the question. And lastly he's Jirayah, Ninja's can replicate jutsu bro, we've been had.:troll:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
That is, not so clearly, the point at which Greninja's tongue wraps around once.

But I've made the point before that with only the split seconds of viewing provided one could easily confuse Greninja's scarf with Mewtwo's chestplate.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That is, not so clearly, the point at which Greninja's tongue wraps around once.
1. Tongues are thicker than that
2. A tongue would be a dead giveaway
3. Dim lighting aside, those still look like pecs akin to Mewtwo's
4. Sakurai is still a troll :troll:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
I'd argue it's just as thick as Greninja's tongue is usually shown to be, but the point is that what is shown is thicker and more rounded than Mewtwo's Pecs.

Still, if that's how you feel I suppose you could chalk this up to another example of how the oddly ambiguous model matches neither Pokemon.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
But coming back discussing about it, it was a shady misconception to keep us guessing. I like when animation or anything instantly obtains the element of mystery. I watch too much Detective Conan

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
do you think it will be a normal direct or smash exclusive one
General. We're due for one anyway. I expect a Smash Direct 10 days before the Japanese release, the same as we got for Hyrule Warriors (this would also be one month before the Western release). I'm also expecting that's when we'll finally see Mewtwo.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
General. We're due for one anyway. I expect a Smash Direct 10 days before the Japanese release, the same as we got for Hyrule Warriors (this would also be one month before the Western release). I'm also expecting that's when we'll finally see Mewtwo.
And speaking of veterans getting seen, the point of Lucina / Robin trailer with Falcon, all had some game anniversaries around that time. Similar to the matter at hand, Ness' 20 year anniversary is going to be in one week & 5 days from today. That was the day Mother 2 in Japan was released & the first game Ness debut'd in. There's a shot

It's on a Wednesday, in this case, Wonderful Wednesday.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
With how much people wanted Mewtwo back, I really wouldn't be surprised if he were back and they're holding him back for a bit of extra hype. Mix the desire for him back with him being in Pokemon X & Y, and it's easy to see why he would be back.
My thoughts as well, if the Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf reveal is anything to go by. Not only was his reveal very well received among fans & added a ton of hype, it was saved literally like a friikin week before the game came out in Japan! Crazy.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
My thoughts as well, if the Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf reveal is anything to go by. Not only was his reveal very well received among fans & added a ton of hype, it was saved literally like a friikin week before the game came out in Japan! Crazy.
"More hype=later reveal" is usually a very true statement. Sm4sh releases in a little less than a month. With a game as popular as Sm4sh, I would expect leaks about a week before. So Sakurai has about 3 more weeks to reveal everything he plans to before release. This should be the most eventful time period before it hits the shelves.

Get hyped, guys.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@ Masonomace Masonomace and @ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine get in here and tell me your thoughts about my insight pls C-:
...I'm still not seeing it.
Too many oddities preventing me from making the Mewtwo connection that damn near everyone else seemed to have made at first sight. The biggest one being.....why would Mewtwo be upside down?
Granted, I was in class during the Direct, so I knew about Greninja before I saw the trailer.

But if I had seen it first-hand during the Direct, my first reaction would've been "What the hell is that?" not "Holy crap it's Mewtwo!" I would've even guessed Greninja given that the thing did a hand seal before charging something reminiscent of the Rasenshuriken (and I knew it wouldn't actually be Naruto) and was featured in a trailer filled with Pokémon.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Dont forget R.O.B, GandW etc.
ROB is similar to Mr. Game & Watch, were he is an important piece of Nintendo history. Ganondorf was was last seen in Twilight Princess (2006 wasn't to long ago) and he is the reincarnation of Demise, so at least SS made him somewhat relevant. Also Snake had a remake of Metal Gear Solid 3 on the 3DS in 2012.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Jigglypuff is more relevant now than Brawl days (fairy type ecc.). If it made in Brawl, it will surely be in Smash 4. Still, Jiggly's inclusion or not doesn't change Mewtwo's chance.

BTW, I don't think that we will see neighter a Smash Direct soon or the entire roster before relase. Sakurai had changed the way to shiw news because he "had spoiled to much" about Brawl. Also, a cut-scene is cool the first time you see it, playing as Mewtwo is cool every time. For me, being annunced by Sakurai or by Japanese Smasher don't change my need to play as the strongest pokemon ever made.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Jigglypuff is more relevant now than Brawl days (fairy type ecc.). If it made in Brawl, it will surely be in Smash 4. Still, Jiggly's inclusion or not doesn't change Mewtwo's chance.

BTW, I don't think that we will see neighter a Smash Direct soon or the entire roster before relase. Sakurai had changed the way to shiw news because he "had spoiled to much" about Brawl. Also, a cut-scene is cool the first time you see it, playing as Mewtwo is cool every time. For me, being annunced by Sakurai or by Japanese Smasher don't change my need to play as the strongest pokemon ever made.
I think he changed the way he reveals things because internet spoilers ruined the surprises he wanted to give people in Brawl. I've always thought that meant he wanted to be the one responsible for our surprise, reveal the characters to us the way he wants them to be revealed, not revealed in a simple list on the internet. Hence, we might get the full roster before reveal because Sakurai figures it's going to leak IMMEDIATELY afterwards, and he'd rather be the one to present the characters to us.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think he changed the way he reveals things because internet spoilers ruined the surprises he wanted to give people in Brawl. I've always thought that meant he wanted to be the one responsible for our surprise, reveal the characters to us the way he wants them to be revealed, not revealed in a simple list on the internet. Hence, we might get the full roster before reveal because Sakurai figures it's going to leak IMMEDIATELY afterwards, and he'd rather be the one to present the characters to us.
Agreed. To me, it's an indication that we'll get more stuff officially revealed before release than we did in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom