• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
SO. I was looking at some old Pics of the Day. Annnd.... Well I don't know about you guys, but I think this is the most troll-ish pic I've seen. And it sort of relates to Mewtwo in a BIG way.

Pic of the day. Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here's one of the Pokémon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they'll be especially effective in a closed environment.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen Sakurai say. He's acknowledging that he's misleading people in the same paragraph that he misled people.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
SO. I was looking at some old Pics of the Day. Annnd.... Well I don't know about you guys, but I think this is the most troll-ish pic I've seen. And it sort of relates to Mewtwo in a BIG way.

Pic of the day. Remember the video that introduced Greninja joining the battle? Every Pokémon that appeared in that video will make some kind of appearance in Super Smash Bros! By the way, here's one of the Pokémon that didn't make an appearance in that video--Meloetta. Its vocal attacks reflect off land forms, so they'll be especially effective in a closed environment.

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen Sakurai say. He's acknowledging that he's misleading people in the same paragraph that he misled people.
You do acknowledge that Sakurai loves saying whatever the fire truck he wants, right?

Plus, Sakurai be a huge :troll:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Oh I understand that. I just thought that this particular situation was related to Mewtwo. I also got a laugh out of it when I read it.
You can also add that to your reasons list.

Not sure how a Vocaloid Pokemon relates to a genetic freak but ok.

jk ik what you mean :4pacman:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

It's perhaps made worse by the fact that Meloetta IS in the video.

Freeze at 0:19. Between Deoxys and Keldeo.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Still don't know why Abomasnow is a confirmed pokeball summon that wasn't in the video & why Zoroark hasn't been officially announced as a pokeball summon but was in the pokemon reveal trailer. To me that sorta debunks the Pokeball summons shown in the reveal trailer.

Also @ Wise Multishine Wise Multishine 's post about Meloetta, :laugh: those visual ball effects & the reading quote is very mis-leading & extra teasing. Mew's summoned bubble appearance de-confirmed.:151:

Last edited:

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Hello Mewtwo thread, I've been looking for this thread for so long and I would like to join and support for Mewtwo's return. (He's my second most wanted character for ssb4)

Why do I think he has a shot at being in the game? Well, there's just so much going for him and I honestly feel he has a very good chance of being in the game. For starters, he was the poster boy pokemon that represented 6 gen when the Genesect movie came out just like what Lucario did for 4th gen and Zoroark for 5th gen. Like Charizard, the only other pokemon thus far to have not one, but two mega evolutions which says a lot about Mewtwo and that like Pikachu, Meowth, and Charizard, had a huge impact on the pokemon series as a whole and is one of the most popular pokemon of all time. Has been in a lot of the marketing for pokemon just like Pikachu and Charizard have been. And of course, who could forget the Greninja troll:troll:. Where it looked like Mewtwo. I really feel this was intentional and many of you have already proven that and brought up why. Sakurai knows everyone wants Mewtwo to return. (Every country, especially Japan wants Mewtwo to come back. Once again, so much going for Mewtwo to be included.)

While it may have meant nothing, I feel when he apparently said "We're thinking about it" during the pokemon roundtable from E3 2013 says a lot about this evidence. That Mewtwo represents and fits the criteria a lot for what they want when it comes to choosing pokemon reps. I know Greninja was chosen before X and Y came out, but Mewtwo is different from this as he has the Lucario and Zoroark factor going for him.

I have to be honest, while I have nothing against Jigglypuff and it would be a bummer to see her cut as it stinks to see any character cut. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened and I would be okay with it if it meant for Mewtwo getting in. He honestly is a bigger priority than her at this point and just because something appeared from the original game doesn't mean it is safe. Remember when Ness was supposed to be replaced by Lucas back in Melee had Mother 3 not been cancelled, but got lucky because it did? Or how Venom and Megaman were cut in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and weren't in Ultimate either despite being around since the first game? Just saying, being part of the original 12 doesn't always mean your safe. The singing Jigglypuff just doesn't have the impact anymore and like Pichu has started to become a bit forgotten outside of the Smash Fanbase. Even in Japan the popularity is nothing like it once was as Plusle and Minun, and Piplup have kind of taken that over now. Heck, she hasn't appeared since the advanced gen series. While Mewtwo has a lot going for him and is big among not just the anime fans, but also the fans who like to play the games. While relevancy doesn't mean anything for characters getting in or getting cut and relevancy won't necessarily stop Jigglypuff, I feel Mewtwo's heavy demand and resurgence is just too much to ignore.

You know, it wouldn't be out of place to have her and Mewtwo co-exist together on the same roster and to have 6 pokemon reps since Brawl technically had 6 reps after all. Perhaps the better direction to go, but we'll see.

He is my second most wanted character for Smash Bros. 4, so of course I want him in really badly. But I do feel there's a lot pointing in Mewtwo's direction that indicates he could be playable. If not, at least have him as dlc or appear in some shape way or form. Having Pac-man as a playable character more than makes up for if he were not playable in my eyes as he was my most wanted character.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Honestly, I don't think there's a chance Mewtwo isn't coming back. He's the single most requested inclusion for Smash. He's one of the most beloved Pokémon by gamers. He's one of only two Pokémon to get twin Mega Evolutions (and you note the other is already in Smash). He was being worked on for inclusion in Brawl and only cut due to time constraints.

Mewtwo is going to be in. Just wait for the trailer guys. He'll be there.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
@ M Mewtwoultima
Nice post, it was fairly solid with many indications & statements including your mix of logic & passion for the character in Sm4sh. Thanks for Posting~
Only thing that turned me off, & it's a very miniscule topic at that, & you did say if, but Mewtwo & Purin would not be fighting for slots. Just nah, Pokemon slot numbers are getting bigger & GF pushes a lot of promotion into the Smash Bros. games. If you said a number that was anything past 8, then that's a big deal but that's in the future SSB5. They were together in Melee, it can happen again. But seriously Thanks for Posting that.:)

Makes me wanna ask the Mewtwo thread if they even have a supporter list, of users who have a SmashBoards account.:smirk:

I can make the Mewtwo Support Thread if you want, however it feels extremely late now to add one.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't think Mewtwo will take another character's slot or the other way around.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Just started playing Project M today, and I didn't realize how much I'd missed Mewtwo. Still wishing as hard as I can for his inclusion in Sm4sh. I don't think there's any sort of competition between him and Jiggs. I think they both have fantastic chances of returning. One more month until I get hyped to buy the game and play as Mewtwo or get sad and still kinda hyped to buy the game anyway.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Well said @ Oops! Oops! I did it again!. . . ./ends Britney's song pun
Quick question because I don't remember anyone mentioning the topic Amiibo's / DLC correlating with Mewtwo.

Nintendo is a business after all & for them to make a $$$ profit it wouldn't be shocking in the slightest for Mewtwo to be a DLC character, knowing full well that the millions of fans would pay to play him in Sm4sh.

But that being read for myself, DLC hasn't been proven to happen yet, nor should stages, characters, & maybe music cost anything. Afterall characters being bought & used online against others who don't have that character is flat out unfair & not a good move, so the DLC would either need to be a reasonable price.

There's also this rumor talked about in this
source.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I can see Jigs being the only other Pokemon on the disc and Mewtwo would lead the DLC. That would sell like crazy.

Personally at this time I'll be suprised if Mewtwo is actually in the game. Im not expecting it. DLC is much more likely.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
@ M Mewtwoultima
Nice post, it was fairly solid with many indications & statements including your mix of logic & passion for the character in Sm4sh. Thanks for Posting~
Only thing that turned me off, & it's a very miniscule topic at that, & you did say if, but Mewtwo & Purin would not be fighting for slots. Just nah, Pokemon slot numbers are getting bigger & GF pushes a lot of promotion into the Smash Bros. games. If you said a number that was anything past 8, then that's a big deal but that's in the future SSB5. They were together in Melee, it can happen again. But seriously Thanks for Posting that.:)

Makes me wanna ask the Mewtwo thread if they even have a supporter list, of users who have a SmashBoards account.:smirk:

I can make the Mewtwo Support Thread if you want, however it feels extremely late now to add one.
Thank you. Glad you liked it and I really do want Mewtwo to be in and made sure to research and know why I think there's good reasons he has a shot at being in the game.
I understand. I don't want the character to be cut either and it is likely for Jigglypuff's return. Honestly, having 6 pokemon reps could very well happen and as you said, Sakurai did say rep size for series doesn't matter at all for a characters chances. It is true that there really isn't any competition at all between the two and that it was a bit blown out of proportions due to the Greninja troll:troll:. I was just saying a what if scenario if they do feel that 5 pokemon reps would be enough for the game and feel if that were to happen, then Mewtwo would get an edge. But you know.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Thank you. Glad you liked it and I really do want Mewtwo to be in and made sure to research and know why I think there's good reasons he has a shot at being in the game.
I understand. I don't want the character to be cut either and it is likely for Jigglypuff's return. Honestly, having 6 pokemon reps could very well happen and as you said, Sakurai did say rep size for series doesn't matter at all for a characters chances. It is true that there really isn't any competition at all between the two and that it was a bit blown out of proportions due to the Greninja troll:troll:. I was just saying a what if scenario if they do feel that 5 pokemon reps would be enough for the game and feel if that were to happen, then Mewtwo would get an edge. But you know.
Understandable. I'm fairly confident in pokemon getting 7 slots as the limit for the final roster, shooting out the "6 pokemon party" fan-theory. But at the back of my mind, Mewtwo may be taken advantage of via DLC courtesy of Nintendo's $$$ profit from the millions of fans that would pay to play him. Other pokemon too, like Sceptile or the past pokemon fighters. It leaves me very uneasy of it all.:urg:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I can see Jigs being the only other Pokemon on the disc and Mewtwo would lead the DLC. That would sell like crazy.

Personally at this time I'll be suprised if Mewtwo is actually in the game. Im not expecting it. DLC is much more likely.
That is very likely, but I"m just hoping he makes the game at the start. I know one rumor (yeah since they are always true) said that Lucas would be DLC when the 3DS game launches on Oct. 3rd, and that Mewtwo will be on disc for the Wii U version and free DLC for the 3DS version. I could see something like this happening, but Nintendo would make a crap load of money if they release say Mewtwo, stage, and alt costumes for 5 bucks. I just want him in the game no matter how he gets in, but I would prefer at the start.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Can we do a re-count on what Mega Evolution we'd like to see more of?
My vote: X for fighting reasons. The visual & sound of MMX moving around kicking *** sounds unorthodox but so right.
I personally would prefer X, just because I think somebody in the pokemon art room took a little too much acid when trying to make a sketch up of Mewtwo Y.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Can we do a re-count on what Mega Evolution we'd like to see more of?
My vote: X for fighting reasons. The visual & sound of MMX moving around kicking *** sounds unorthodox but so right.
No doubt we'll be seeing MMY, but I really like MMX. I'm still unsure of that Fighting-type add-on, but it being an enhanced Mewtwo without sacrificing any of its other stats is what I like so much about it. Plus the face.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Maybe I should of had a Groose thread-setting & ask you guys on what the chances are they'll be likely seen in Sm4sh. But then everyone would of chosen Y being the more likely one. RIP X
It's too late now all aboard the voting train.:shades:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Speaking of transformation Final Smashes, does Giga Mac still retain Little Mac's original moveset after transforming?

If not, then Mewtwo can really go either way. I'd love to have MMX for some Fighting action but I have no doubt that MMY would be included as Mewtwo's FS.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Which Mega Evolution you would like in Sm4sh:
So far

X - 4
Y - 2
Y because it was the promotional one more people would likely have seen, including Sakurai.

EDIT- And as a note, i'm not bias- i own both X and Y.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom