• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Humor me Mewtwo Thread, Mewtwo fans, Mewtwo posting users on SmashBoards, please remain calm & keep an open mind.

Hypothetically, let's say that Mewtwo is being considered like Sakurai has said, & that he really is or was, considered, at one point. What if, IF, Mewtwo had competition from Diancie for Smash Bros.? I just wanna bring up some points / advantageous pro's in favor for it, so that it doesn't look like a landslide defeat for Diancie when compared to Mewtwo being a waste of time discussing against in a manner:

• Diance is a legendary pokemon, like Mewtwo.
  • Diancie has a confirmed Mega Evolution.
  • Diancie is a very recent pokemon that has enough fan-base compensating itself for it's still relevant & new status.
  • Diancie has its own promotional movie debuting as the main pokemon in the movie's story / plot. Japan's movie release of Pokémon XY The Movie - The Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie hit theaters on 19th July.
  • Diancie was leaked last year to be an event pokemon obtainable in X & Y along with 2 other legendary pokemon.
  • Diancie this year was distributed specially within Pokemon X & Y in Japan only.
  • Diancie in the West, will be distributed this year in the fall for X & Y at local GameStop locations without powersaves & codes to get your own Diancie. Diancie however will not be able to Mega Evolve until ORAS is released & then your Diancie arrives in there.
  • Diancie is a unique case similar to Mewtwo's origin of genetic mutation, Diancie is an extremely rare considered mythical & only created when Carbink undergoes a peculiar mutation, something that legendary pokemon rarely have happen, other than Mewtwo & Mew. Note that Mutation =/= Evolution
  • Diancie having it's own signature attack considered to be Power Gem, now having some iconic connection with a move comfortable with the pokemon like Mewtwo's Psystrike.
  • Diancie with all this distributing throughout the internet from fans in X & Y, and what's to come for ORAS making Diancie much more relevant, popular, & more recent, on par with ORAS.
With these points, I'd like you all to wonder 3 things:
  1. Does this come to mind as an affection to the Mewtwo fans of Diancie's inclusion in Sm4sh? How are you taking it from your point of views when thinking about this hypothetical scenario of Mewtwo vs. Diancie?
  2. Do you think DIancie's promotion heavily in it's favor being noted in X & Y, and ORAS with the Mega Evolution, helps it's chances to be in Sm4sh as anything at all?
  3. When DLC nears the moment of time announcing characters, & Mewtwo / Diancie are candidates for playability?
Mind you, the lack of information about Diancie & sudden topic brought up by me to you all, seems out of the question. So let me just say that Diancie weight-wise & fighting-wise, could replace Purin in a sense. Thoughts on that?
I see where you are coming from and it makes sense but I think we are done for Pokemon newcomers. In my opinion the only two Pokemon that have any chance to get in right now are Mewtwo and Jigs.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
I see where you are coming from and it makes sense but I think we are done for Pokemon newcomers. In my opinion the only two Pokemon that have any chance to get in right now are Mewtwo and Jigs.
I also forgot to mention it as a future remark that discussing about this whole Diancie vs. Mewtwo thing would have the counter-argument of "It's way too late". My post on paper seems to make dollars sense, but it is full-blown speculation when pinned against a "finalized roster in 2012" quote Sakurai says. I forgot to put in cons that would be unfavorable for Diancie such as being a 6th gen pokemon who's still fairly new but maybe not anymore new than Greninja. Thanks for posting~ with an open mind.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I also forgot to mention it as a future remark that discussing about this whole Diancie vs. Mewtwo thing would have the counter-argument of "It's way too late". My post on paper seems to make dollars sense, but it is full-blown speculation when pinned against a "finalized roster in 2012" quote Sakurai says. I forgot to put in cons that would be unfavorable for Diancie such as being a 6th gen pokemon who's still fairly new but maybe not anymore new than Greninja. Thanks for posting~ with an open mind.
I can actually see Diancie being a really unique character but my current hopefuls for Pokemon characters are Mewtwo > Jigs > Sceptile > Swirlix.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
OH WE MAKIN' POST TO PLAY WITH OUR EMOTIONS NOW HUH?!!
*obv this is fake too*
THREE CAN PLAY AT THAT GAME...with crappy Photoshop.

Humor me Mewtwo Thread, Mewtwo fans, Mewtwo posting users on SmashBoards, please remain calm & keep an open mind.

Hypothetically, let's say that Mewtwo is being considered like Sakurai has said, & that he really is or was, considered, at one point. What if, IF, Mewtwo had competition from Diancie for Smash Bros.?
I'M GOING TO MURDER YO-

Diancie weight-wise & fighting-wise, could replace Purin in a sense. Thoughts on that?
Oh, ok. Move along. As long as Diancie isn't being suggested to replace Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I can imagine the Ridley supporters if Sylux was reveled. Have you created a thread for Sylux yet?

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
I think that todays reveal of Meta Knight increases the chance of a villain trailer. Only because I could've seen a Kirby trailer with a newcomer and Meta Knight revealed.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Hypothetically, let's say that Mewtwo is being considered like Sakurai has said, & that he really is or was, considered, at one point. What if, IF, Mewtwo had competition from Diancie for Smash Bros.? I just wanna bring up some points / advantageous pro's in favor for it, so that it doesn't look like a landslide defeat for Diancie when compared to Mewtwo being a waste of time discussing against in a manner:

• Diance is a legendary pokemon, like Mewtwo.
  • Diancie has a confirmed Mega Evolution.
  • Diancie is a very recent pokemon that has enough fan-base compensating itself for it's still relevant & new status.
  • Diancie has its own promotional movie debuting as the main pokemon in the movie's story / plot. Japan's movie release of Pokémon XY The Movie - The Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie hit theaters on 19th July.
  • Diancie was leaked last year to be an event pokemon obtainable in X & Y along with 2 other legendary pokemon.
  • Diancie this year was distributed specially within Pokemon X & Y in Japan only.
  • Diancie in the West, will be distributed this year in the fall for X & Y at local GameStop locations without powersaves & codes to get your own Diancie. Diancie however will not be able to Mega Evolve until ORAS is released & then your Diancie arrives in there.
  • Diancie is a unique case similar to Mewtwo's origin of genetic mutation, Diancie is an extremely rare considered mythical & only created when Carbink undergoes a peculiar mutation, something that legendary pokemon rarely have happen, other than Mewtwo & Mew. Note that Mutation =/= Evolution
  • Diancie having it's own signature attack considered to be Power Gem, now having some iconic connection with a move comfortable with the pokemon like Mewtwo's Psystrike.
  • Diancie with all this distributing throughout the internet from fans in X & Y, and what's to come for ORAS making Diancie much more relevant, popular, & more recent, on par with ORAS.
With these points, I'd like you all to wonder 3 things:
  1. Does this come to mind as an affection to the Mewtwo fans of Diancie's inclusion in Sm4sh? How are you taking it from your point of views when thinking about this hypothetical scenario of Mewtwo vs. Diancie?
  2. Do you think DIancie's promotion heavily in it's favor being noted in X & Y, and ORAS with the Mega Evolution, helps it's chances to be in Sm4sh as anything at all?
  3. When DLC nears the moment of time announcing characters, & Mewtwo / Diancie are candidates for playability?
Mind you, the lack of information about Diancie & sudden topic brought up by me to you all, seems out of the question. So let me just say that Diancie weight-wise & fighting-wise, could replace Purin in a sense. Thoughts on that?
For a majority of these points, I'll use what I like to call the "flavor of the year". There were some fans who were behind Victini, thinking it would make it in due to all the promotions it was getting. Heck, I knew one guy who was *certain* Victini would be in, especially over Mewtwo, due to Mewtwo's "irrelevancy". But after Victini's movie came and went, its popularity dropped like a rock and Game Freak moved on to the next flavor of the year.

I don't see Diancie holding up for long. It's got a nice design, and a cool Mega. But these are all just temporary promotional pushes from Game Freak. They've been doing this since Celebi. Sometimes it sticks (Deoxys, Lucario, Darkrai, Zoroark, Meloetta, Genesect garnered pretty noticeable fanbases). But unless they give her another Mega, keep showing her in future games as a more commonplace Pokemon instead of an event, or have her frequent the anime, there's not much hope for her. She's relevant... for as long as Game Freak decides to keep her that way.

While Mewtwo's movie was last year, he is still pretty frequently showing up in their marketing material, like appearing in that recently opened Pokemon Center store as various items, or playing some roles in the games, spin-offs and main games alike. A very impressive feat, especially for a rare legendary Pokemon.

tl;dr Not worried about Diancie. The best she could show up as is a Master Ball summon. But not even Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus had that honor in SSBB (despite Darkrai's movie appearing a solid year before SSBB's release, and despite most fans knowing about them due to hackers). Her movie coming out so late hurts her more than you think.

Fabulous Killjoy

Smash Rookie
For a majority of these points, I'll use what I like to call the "flavor of the year". There were some fans who were behind Victini, thinking it would make it in due to all the promotions it was getting. Heck, I knew one guy who was *certain* Victini would be in, especially over Mewtwo, due to Mewtwo's "irrelevancy". But after Victini's movie came and went, its popularity dropped like a rock and Game Freak moved on to the next flavor of the year.

I don't see Diancie holding up for long. It's got a nice design, and a cool Mega. But these are all just temporary promotional pushes from Game Freak. They've been doing this since Celebi. Sometimes it sticks (Deoxys, Lucario, Darkrai, Zoroark, Meloetta, Genesect garnered pretty noticeable fanbases). But unless they give her another Mega, keep showing her in future games as a more commonplace Pokemon instead of an event, or have her frequent the anime, there's not much hope for her. She's relevant... for as long as Game Freak decides to keep her that way.

While Mewtwo's movie was last year, he is still pretty frequently showing up in their marketing material, like appearing in that recently opened Pokemon Center store as various items, or playing some roles in the games, spin-offs and main games alike. A very impressive feat, especially for a rare legendary Pokemon.

tl;dr Not worried about Diancie. The best she could show up as is a Master Ball summon. But not even Darkrai, Shaymin, and Arceus had that honor in SSBB (despite Darkrai's movie appearing a solid year before SSBB's release, and despite most fans knowing about them due to hackers). Her movie coming out so late hurts her more than you think.

Bringing up the point of relevancy and what not, at this point i believe Mewtwo has more chances due to this. i see him returning more likely than Jigglypuff at this point. anyone agree??

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Bringing up the point of relevancy and what not, at this point i believe Mewtwo has more chances due to this. i see him returning more likely than Jigglypuff at this point. anyone agree??
Not only could i see it, but i WANT it to happen. Jigglypuff's only important and relevant because of Smash. Mewtwo's important to Pokemon and Smash- it deserves a spot on the roster more than Jiggs

Fabulous Killjoy

Smash Rookie
Not only could i see it, but i WANT it to happen. Jigglypuff's only important and relevant because of Smash. Mewtwo's important to Pokemon and Smash- it deserves a spot on the roster more than Jiggs
right? like the only reason jiggs was in is cuz it was a simple model to make due to kirby and because it was popular in the anime. she hasnt been on the show since season 2 and were on season like 17. time to let her go cuz the only reason shes in is cuz shes been in all the other games

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
Mewtwo and Ness look good, but they could have chosen a Ridley that's not just a Zard skin.
Proportions are a thing, no Ridley can ever be a Charizard skin without hideous deformation a la Ganonchu.

But I'm rooting for Jiggs primarily tbh :p
...I acknowledge and respect your horrible opinion. But the creampuff will not return, not when we can have all three "dark and brooding" Pokémon. :smirk:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Now you guys want Jigglypuff cut because he/she isn't relevant? Shiek and Ness are not relevant, should we cut them to? Why can't we have both Jiggs and Mewtwo?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Now you guys want Jigglypuff cut because he/she isn't relevant? Shiek and Ness are not relevant, should we cut them to? Why can't we have both Jiggs and Mewtwo?
That's quite a hasty assumption, don't you think?

Then again, Sheik got in Hyrule Warriors and Ness's game got its first release in Europe. All Jigglypuff got in Gen Vi is Fairy-typing whereas Mewtwo got two Mega Evolutions, a movie, and prominent marketing even alongside Lucario and Charizard.

People simply believe that if Jigglypuff were to be included over Mewtwo, it would be a poor, "unjustified" choice as Mewtwo got all this pandering from Game Freek for nothing. Plus, both fanbases are pretty much at each other's neck for that fifth Pokemon slot.

I, for one, think Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can round out six Pokemon reps. fine.

Plus, who wouldn't want to be in control of the original Uber Pokemon?

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I, for one, think Jigglypuff needs to die in a fire (retroactively if possible), and someone else can have that alleged "sixth slot." :rolleyes:
Jigglypuff... die in a fire. For one, you realize this is a fictional character right. Second, that's not kind to Jigglypuff fans. I'm thinking they both evenly have a chance, her and Mewtwo. Pleases both fans this way. So...

Last edited:

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Because the stupid creampuff should never have been in to begin with and has since worn out her welcome? :awesome:
This is why Mewtwo fans are terrible (obviously not all of them), some of them like to hate on characters like Lucario, Jigglypuff, or Greninja because they fear that these characters took Mewtwo's "slot". Jigglypuff is a good character in Smash bros, her roll and sleep moves can be quite devastating. Also she has been in every Smash Bros game, why cut her here just because the vocal minority wants to?

Also I don't dislike Mewtwo, he is my second most wanted veteran for this game behind Snake. It is just I'm tired of seeing characters get bashed by other people because they feel that a character is steeling a character they want "slot" or that they just don't like the character for irrational reasons.

Steelia

Smash Champion
That's quite a hasty assumption, don't you think?

Then again, Sheik got in Hyrule Warriors and Ness's game got its first release in Europe. All Jigglypuff got in Gen Vi is Fairy-typing whereas Mewtwo got two Mega Evolutions, a movie, and prominent marketing even alongside Lucario and Charizard.

People simply believe that if Jigglypuff were to be included over Mewtwo, it would be a poor, "unjustified" choice as Mewtwo got all this pandering from Game Freek for nothing. Plus, both fanbases are pretty much at each other's neck for that fifth Pokemon slot.

I, for one, think Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can round out six Pokemon reps. fine.

Plus, who wouldn't want to be in control of the original Uber Pokemon?
Agreed, I definitely feel Jiggs and Mewtwo are in. Mewtwo might have higher priority this time due to fan demand & the complex nature of his animations, but Jiggs is just so simple to make in comparison. Just adjust some of Kirby's attacks like in the previous Smash games (fsmash, dair, jabs, utilt, ftilt, dtilt, etc.) and there you go. I do hope they give her at least one Fairy-type move, though.

Last edited:

The Gerbil

Smash Cadet
I have been lurking the Mewtwo thread here for a long time and want him back more than any newcomer, but I feel the Purin bashing needs to stop. This is coming from someone who can care less about Jigglypuff mind you, but having her cut is a completely unecessary thing to do. She never 'stole' Mewtwo's slot. Plus, the two can easily co-exist in Sm4sh, which is what is most likely going to happen.

This post isn't directed at anyone in particular. I've just seen a lot of negativity towards Purin throughout this thread. And quite frankly, it makes us Mewtwo fans look bad.

I apologize if I came off harsh for my 1st post. I still want to show my support for Mewtwo's return by finally posting here.

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
This is why Mewtwo fans
...Let me stop you here, chief. My hate for Jigglypuff is utterly independent of my desire to see Mewtwo's return. Full stop. I've hated Jigglypuff since 64, and I've found even more to hate every single time some idiot cites "original twelve" for any reason. I don't care if Jigglypuff gets replaced, nor do I care who "replaces" her or who cries foul about it, I just want her gone.

And if Mewtwo happens to come back at the same time, that'd be great.

She never 'stole' Mewtwo's slot.
There are no slots. Nobody "stole" anything. Check your facts, please.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
...Let me stop you here, chief. My hate for Jigglypuff is utterly independent of my desire to see Mewtwo's return. Full stop. I've hated Jigglypuff since 64, and I've found even more to hate every single time some idiot cites "original twelve" for any reason. I don't care if Jigglypuff gets replaced, nor do I care who "replaces" her or who cries foul about it, I just want her gone.

There are no slots. Nobody "stole" anything. Check your facts, please.
I don't play on if they're in the original 12. Is it a nice way to group them? Sure, does it boost their chances, if so, only in the slightest. For one, Jigglypuff has going for it:
~ Recency. People often overlook this, but I believe a new fairy typing does make Jigglypuff much more relevant than in years past. People make this reference with Dark and Steel types in Melee, but it's not as easy to say, because a Steel/Dark type has never been playable.
~ There can be 6, heck, even more slots. Sakurai himself has said that he doesn't care about how many characters there are per franchise.
~ Unique gameplay/moveset. People really want to avoid cutting characters like these. It was a shame Mewtwo was cut in Brawl, but remember everyone, it was only because of time constraints.
~ Simple design. This one's really self explanatory. Plus, Jigglypuff has a pretty decent sized fan base, and if it's easy to implement, why not include it in the game.

It's perfectly fine for you "hate" on a character, just stop bashing and saying it should be cut. Someone could just as easily hate a character you like, and it doesn't feel good to have a beloved character (to each his/her own) bashed. If you have nothing nice to say, don't talk about it. Plus, so what if Jigglypuff is in the roster. You said yourself that "There are no slots. Nobody "stole" anything. Check your facts, please", so she isn't hurting anyones chances. If you don't like the character, just don't play as it.

...Now, everyone disregard this and go back to talking about Mewtwo.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

Well sorry I didn't know that, you came across to me as a typical Mewtwo fanboy. Also why do you hate Jigglypuff? You fail to explain that, there is nothing bad about the character or do just hate her because you hate her due to no rational reason?
Also how are people "idiots" for citing the original twelve, the three Smash games before this had all twelve of those characters and this one seems to also minus Jiggles and Ness.
If you don't like Jigglypuff that is fine, but you are taking this to a whole another level and are acting like this character has assaulted you personally and you you have no regard for the people who like her.

At least we both agree Mewtwo should return.

Also I apologize for stretching the argument out more and getting off topic but irrationally hating characters the way that guy was doing really drives me up the wall.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
What the heck is going on here with Jigglypuff? XD
You may hate her or love her, but keep the topic on Mewtwo alone please, and thank you.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
What the heck is going on here with Jigglypuff? XD
You may hate her or love her, but keep the topic on Mewtwo alone please, and thank you.
I blame the "down to the wire" feeling. The release date is coming soon, so everyone's pep'd up for their favorite character.

But I agree, character threads are made for specific characters. I hope this thread can get back on track to the original powerful Pokémon of legends and steer away from air lord (I tried giving them nicknames... they could use work).

And with that, I take my leave.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I blame the "down to the wire" feeling. The release date is coming soon, so everyone's pep'd up for their favorite character.

But I agree, character threads are made for specific characters. I hope this thread can get back on track to the original powerful Pokémon of legends and steer away from air lord (I tried giving them nicknames... they could use work).

Thank you good sir. I hope so too. xD

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692

I blame myself for getting off topic. :awesome: But lets support Mewtwo and not crap on other characters in the process.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Man. . . .I feel like I caused the Purin hate here by bringing up Diancie(?).

I was going to say something in reply to what drives me up the wall with Purin fans but that would go heavily off-topic here & wouldn't be wise to do so here. Overall I'm kind of glad I posted my Diancie message & at least got some input / responses from you guys so gj for being decent sports.

Diancie for Sm4sh. . .as Master ball summon along with Mewtwo.:troll:

Last edited:

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Wouldn't it be great tomorrow if Sakurai would post

"Here is Mewtwo he returns with vengeance and is beating mii up!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.