• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Hello Mewtwo Fans. I have big news, it doesn´t look good for our great Mewtwo =(.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69810848

http://smashboards.com/threads/otl80s-possible-leak.363798/

Looks like it´s the only leak that is coming true. And no sign of Mewtwo.

I´m so very sad about it. :((((((
Don't believe that link for one thing I doubt Ivysaur and Squirtle are coming, plus you should know by now not to trust any rumors.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Hello Mewtwo Fans. I have big news, it doesn´t look good for our great Mewtwo =(.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69810848

http://smashboards.com/threads/otl80s-possible-leak.363798/

Looks like it´s the only leak that is coming true. And no sign of Mewtwo.

I´m so very sad about it. :((((((
Pah, that's nothing.

Plus, isn't it odd that it just says "All vets" are returning except Snake and Lucas (initially)? Brawl vets? Every character that's been in a Smash game?

It would be ridiculous to have nine Pokemon reps.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
All these awesome pictures of Mewtwo reveal stuff is making me too hyped. Im experiencing extremely high levels of hypatude.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
This is obviously fake because of ridley (but not the character itself (yes I read your message do not ask)) But Mewtwo and ness look pretty dam believable. it almost hurts to look at it.
Mewtwo and Ness look good, but they could have chosen a Ridley that's not just a Zard skin.
i just grabbed the first Ridley png off google I could find haha

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
xD Worried about what, exactly? It's not like MK has got anything on Mewtwo's chances...
But I won't deny...Meta Knight is a worthy opponent....
IM WORRIED ON WHEN MEWTWO'S GONNA BE REVEALED DAMMIT

I DONT WANT SAKURAI KILLING MY HYPE!

Last edited:

RayaGRH

Smash Apprentice
I just wish Lucario had been cut. Mewtwo, Greninja AND Lucario is just one two many 'dark and brooding' type of Pokemon for my liking, even though Mewtwo is vastly superior to both of them. I'm hopeful both he and Jigglypuff can make it in!

But I'm rooting for Jiggs primarily tbh :p

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I just wish Lucario had been cut. Mewtwo, Greninja AND Lucario is just one two many 'dark and brooding' type of Pokemon for my liking, even though Mewtwo is vastly superior to both of them. I'm hopeful both he and Jigglypuff can make it in!

Say more about that you want to cut Lucario have Mewtwo over him + Greninja, because your tears are delicious.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962

Greninja and Lucario don't seem too dark and brooding to me...except maybe Greninja having Dark as a second typing.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

I'm sure we can agree to disagree.:smirk:
All wishful thinking, opinions, likes, & differences aside, they need to both be in Sm4sh, no matter how it's done, they've got to battle each other to settle the endless debates & arguments of who'd win.

About the 'dark & brooding', Lucario will be voiced by Goku / Sean Schemmel & has improved facial expressions & more character. I feel brooding is a term put on Lucario because of his AuraBoost% mechanic wanting to be dealt pain & coming off as 'emo' according to fan-base. And Greninja just has the Dark type.:p

Also, MK confirmed for re-worked S tier. Mewtwo for B tier?:scared:

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Humor me Mewtwo Thread, Mewtwo fans, Mewtwo posting users on SmashBoards, please remain calm & keep an open mind.

Hypothetically, let's say that Mewtwo is being considered like Sakurai has said, & that he really is or was, considered, at one point. What if, IF, Mewtwo had competition from Diancie for Smash Bros.? I just wanna bring up some points / advantageous pro's in favor for it, so that it doesn't look like a landslide defeat for Diancie when compared to Mewtwo being a waste of time discussing against in a manner:

• Diance is a legendary pokemon, like Mewtwo.
  • Diancie has a confirmed Mega Evolution.
  • Diancie is a very recent pokemon that has enough fan-base compensating itself for it's still relevant & new status.
  • Diancie has its own promotional movie debuting as the main pokemon in the movie's story / plot. Japan's movie release of Pokémon XY The Movie - The Cocoon of Destruction & Diancie hit theaters on 19th July.
  • Diancie was leaked last year to be an event pokemon obtainable in X & Y along with 2 other legendary pokemon.
  • Diancie this year was distributed specially within Pokemon X & Y in Japan only.
  • Diancie in the West, will be distributed this year in the fall for X & Y at local GameStop locations without powersaves & codes to get your own Diancie. Diancie however will not be able to Mega Evolve until ORAS is released & then your Diancie arrives in there.
  • Diancie is a unique case similar to Mewtwo's origin of genetic mutation, Diancie is an extremely rare considered mythical & only created when Carbink undergoes a peculiar mutation, something that legendary pokemon rarely have happen, other than Mewtwo & Mew. Note that Mutation =/= Evolution
  • Diancie having it's own signature attack considered to be Power Gem, now having some iconic connection with a move comfortable with the pokemon like Mewtwo's Psystrike.
  • Diancie with all this distributing throughout the internet from fans in X & Y, and what's to come for ORAS making Diancie much more relevant, popular, & more recent, on par with ORAS.
With these points, I'd like you all to wonder 3 things:
  1. Does this come to mind as an affection to the Mewtwo fans of Diancie's inclusion in Sm4sh? How are you taking it from your point of views when thinking about this hypothetical scenario of Mewtwo vs. Diancie?
  2. Do you think DIancie's promotion heavily in it's favor being noted in X & Y, and ORAS with the Mega Evolution, helps it's chances to be in Sm4sh as anything at all?
  3. When DLC nears the moment of time announcing characters, & Mewtwo / Diancie are candidates for playability?
Mind you, the lack of information about Diancie & sudden topic brought up by me to you all, seems out of the question. So let me just say that Diancie weight-wise & fighting-wise, could replace Purin in a sense. Thoughts on that?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom