• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Regardless of the outcome you will all forever be my Mewtwo bros and that is a bond for life man.
I've read this post while I was listening "Calling to the Night" from Brawl... It's somehow sad...

Last edited:

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I had an idea for an awesome trailer involving Mewtwo and Ridley.

*smash logo*

We see Samus running through a hallway. Lights and sirens going haywire. Samus kocks down a door and runs into a research lab. There are several test tubes and pods. One of them has shattered leaving liquid and broken glass everywhere. Samus begins to scan the area. In the background we begin hearing this theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0). Mewtwo leaps out from the shadows.

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

The two begin battling and there battle takes them to the Pyrosphere (don't ask how). Samus detects something with her visor and Mewtwo senses something with its psychic powers. They cease their fighting as something big lands between them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fje8t9Jyy-o

RIDLEY MAKES HIS BIG DEBUT!

*cut to gameplay footage of Ridley and Mewtwo fighting each other and the other combatants on stages that are not Pyrospehere. We see that Mewtwo has been buffed and given some new moves and Ridley is shown to have a flying ablilty similar to Peach's float.*

*game logo*

The trailer ends with Mega Mewtwo Y glaring up at Ridley as the two prepare to fight each other.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993

*smash logo*

We see Samus running through a hallway. Lights and sirens going haywire. Samus kocks down a door and runs into a research lab. There are several test tubes and pods. One of them has shattered leaving liquid and broken glass everywhere. Samus begins to scan the area. In the background we begin hearing this theme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G5HIJkkxU0). Mewtwo leaps out from the shadows.

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

The two begin battling and there battle takes them to the Pyrosphere (don't ask how). Samus detects something with her visor and Mewtwo senses something with its psychic powers. They cease their fighting as something big lands between them.

*cut to gameplay footage of Ridley and Mewtwo fighting each other and the other combatants on stages that are not Pyrospehere. We see that Mewtwo has been buffed and given some new moves and Ridley is shown to have a flying ablilty similar to Peach's float.*

*game logo*

The trailer ends with Mega Mewtwo Y glaring up at Ridley as the two prepare to fight each other.
Yeah that would pretty much define awesomeness.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

*smash logo*

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

*game logo*

And Snake! @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A had a pretty good idea.

Serious Question why does Mewtwo have a Spoon? lol

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If I had to guess, it's based on the Twistedspoon item, which boosts Psychic attacks when held.

....I'm going to be one of the few that say that I'd prefer Mewtwo using its tail for physical strikes as opposed to a giant spoon...

Last edited by a moderator:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
If I had to guess, it's based on the Twistedspoon item, which boosts Psychic attacks when held.
Other way around. Mewtwo's spoon appears in the RGB arc of the manga. Hold items were introduced in GSC. Mewtwo's spoon is a manifestation of raw Psychic power, while the Twistedspoon is just a focus for it.

And desiring physical attacks on someone whose awesome is derived from raw "I CAN KILL YOU WITH MY BRAIN" is heresy. As pointed out before, the spoon doesn't have to stick around, just make it a freeze-frame bonus if you pause the attack at the right time. Mewtwo just shouldn't have contact moves. :ohwell:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

....I'm going to be one of the few that say that I'd prefer Mewtwo using its tail for physical strikes as opposed to a giant spoon...
Yeah, it seems odd but that's one reason I like it. It's a bit out of character and kind of funny, yet not so much to that Deoxys he impaled with the spoon. I personally would like to see it, but it's unlikely. Though I believe the twisted spoon is referring to the spoons Alakazam is holding. It's fitting that Mewtwo would have a giant spoon, seeing as it's an iconic psychic symbol IRL and he's supposed to be the most powerful psychic.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I believe Steelia and --- was talking about it a couple pages back. It's a psychic spoon from the manga.
http://jb2448.info/Pokemon_Adventures_03/pokemonadventures_035/PA3_Chapter_Thirty_Five07

Not as cool looking in the first couple volumes, but it becomes pretty epic when Mewtwo teams up with Red to fight Team Rocket/Deoxys.

spoons_demotivational_by_darkknight0001-d4io7ls[1].jpg

As stated it's a little fanboy wish I have, but it's not something I'd going to force down people's throats or make a serious bet on. That said Psycho Cut like animations are something I'm betting on given the new emphasis on hitbox visuals.

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
Lately, I've been thinking how awesome it would be if the last prerelease trailer featured Mewtwo and was released on Sept.1st...the day of a certain incident that took place on Cinnabar Island...
I wasn't going to say anything, but why did nobody think of this earlier! September first falls on a Monday, so the idea is plausible.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman

*smash logo*

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK!

*game logo*

I've read your trailer idea, i've pictured it multiple times with the music... and now... i NEED to see it for real 0_o'

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
There is no reason for Mewtwo not to be in the game.

If he is not in it shows that Sakurai doesn't care at all about popularity, which is not good

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hello Mewtwo Fans. I have big news, it doesn´t look good for our great Mewtwo =(.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69810848

http://smashboards.com/threads/otl80s-possible-leak.363798/

Looks like it´s the only leak that is coming true. And no sign of Mewtwo.

I´m so very sad about it. :((((((
At this point, I'm not worrying about "leaks" anymore. We're merely a month away until the Japanese release of 3DS Smash. We will be getting the full roster leaked at least~ a week before that. Until then, not bothering with these leaks.

(By the way, Cranky Kong appeared as a random trophy drop in Smash Run mode. Last I checked, playable chars don't appear as random trophy drops and are only unlocked via completing Classic/Adventure/All-Star modes. Calling faux :d )

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
At this point, I'm not worrying about "leaks" anymore. We're merely a month away until the Japanese release of 3DS Smash. We will be getting the full roster leaked at least~ a week before that. Until then, not bothering with these leaks.

(By the way, Cranky Kong appeared as a random trophy drop in Smash Run mode. Last I checked, playable chars don't appear as random trophy drops and are only unlocked via completing Classic/Adventure/All-Star modes. Calling faux :d )
But someone said he got a Quajutsu (Greninja) Trophy via Smash Run mode so maybe you can get playable Character Trophys in Smash Run.

I think for the worst part if Mewtwo is not playable I´m going to force to hack the Wii U to play as Mewtwo.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
@ Steelia Steelia . . .is. . .is that Spacegodzilla I see in your avatar? :shades::cool::coolmonke:

To the leak, it's believable & fake-worthy. It can be there just for speculation, the thing we're doing right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Other way around. Mewtwo's spoon appears in the RGB arc of the manga. Hold items were introduced in GSC. Mewtwo's spoon is a manifestation of raw Psychic power, while the Twistedspoon is just a focus for it.
Ah. You learn something every day.

And desiring physical attacks on someone whose awesome is derived from raw "I CAN KILL YOU WITH MY BRAIN" is heresy. As pointed out before, the spoon doesn't have to stick around, just make it a freeze-frame bonus if you pause the attack at the right time. Mewtwo just shouldn't have contact moves. :ohwell:
Mewtwo is not one of those physically challenged Psychics like Alakazam; it's almost as physically strong as it is telekinetically strong. Especially enforced with its X Mega Evolution, where its combat skill is emphasized over special abilities.

That being said, the tail moves come off as toying with opponents rather than serious combat, similar to how Freiza (and other members of his race) will just smack people around with his tail to torture them before getting serious with energy blasts and punches and kicks.

@ Steelia Steelia . . .is. . .is that Spacegodzilla I see in your avatar? :shades::cool::coolmonke:
Actually, no. That's Super Godzilla from the game....Super Godzilla. The design was the inspiration for Spacey.

D

Deleted member

....I thought Space Godzilla came from a mixture of Biollante and Godzilla's genes that was exposed to spacial rays?
Design, not origin.
As in, the design of the monster itself.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Super Godzilla! Believe it or not, that's actually a thing.

But someone said he got a Quajutsu (Greninja) Trophy via Smash Run mode so maybe you can get playable Character Trophys in Smash Run.

I think for the worst part if Mewtwo is not playable I´m going to force to hack the Wii U to play as Mewtwo.
In that case, what about the Melee Jungle Japes? That has Cranky Kong's shadow walking around. Unless they replace it with K. Rool when Cranky's on the field... Then that's just mean.

D

Deleted member

In that case, what about the Melee Jungle Japes? That has Cranky Kong's shadow walking around. Unless they replace it with K. Rool when Cranky's on the field... Then that's just mean.
Reportedly, the Cranky trophy looks of the same quality as the one in Brawl.
So....not a playable character.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
If Cranky Kong was playable and we got a trophy of him in Smash Run live on camera at treehouse then where was Robin's trophy? Ganondorf's? Captain Falcon's? Lucina's?

Why was Cranky Kong the only unconfirmed playable character's trophy there? Why didn't any other unconfirmed character come up?

Also, many people were guessing a Gameboy Stage, including 2 other previous leaks to OTL, should we believe Nester is in the game (as a previous leak said)? Or should we believe a leak that already got like 5 characters wrong? A single guess does not a leak make. It's why so many people kept believing Gematsu so much. Quite honestly, any leak with Chorus Kids is just piggy backing from that leak. I doubt Chorus Kids will actually be in the game anyways. There's always a chance I am wrong though.

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
If Cranky Kong was playable and we got a trophy of him in Smash Run live on camera at treehouse then where was Robin's trophy? Ganondorf's? Captain Falcon's? Lucina's?

Why was Cranky Kong the only unconfirmed playable character's trophy there? Why didn't any other unconfirmed character come up?
becuse he is not playable like mewtwo mario and pacman are

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
becuse he is not playable like mewtwo mario and pacman are

Yeah, which is my point. People keep saying they saw a trophy of Luigi or another playable character so Cranky's trophy doesn't mean he isn't playable. But they keep forgetting if he was playable he would still be a secret and allowing a trophy of himself to be shown is just like allowing a trophy of Ganondorf or Robin to show before they were announced. Something that hasn't and will not happen. Thus Cranky isn't going to be playable.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Yeah, which is my point. People keep saying they saw a trophy of Luigi or another playable character so Cranky's trophy doesn't mean he isn't playable. But they keep forgetting if he was playable he would still be a secret and allowing a trophy of himself to be shown is just like allowing a trophy of Ganondorf or Robin to show before they were announced. Something that hasn't and will not happen. Thus Cranky isn't going to be playable.
yeah thats true which is why we havent seen a king k rool mewtwo or ridley trophy yet

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Hello Mewtwo Fans. I have big news, it doesn´t look good for our great Mewtwo =(.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69810848

http://smashboards.com/threads/otl80s-possible-leak.363798/

Looks like it´s the only leak that is coming true. And no sign of Mewtwo.

I´m so very sad about it. :((((((
Gameaqs.... *snicker*
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHHAAHAHAHAHAhahaah...ahah...haha...Heh...

*clears throat*

That alone is more then enough proof I need. This is fake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom