• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
Palletes.

Default, Mew, Melee Blue, Shiny, Melee Red, PM Black.

And yes, I made that sprite myself (a rather long time ago)
That is a super well-done sprite! :o
The colors you chose work well too.

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
Happy 150!
Wow we were already at 100 a few months ago, 150 pages of Mewtwo support!

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Yessir.

Also, as a matter of interest, what would yall's reaction be if Sakurai posted a pic of the day that portrayed Mewtwo as a trophy and actually outright says he won't be playable again?
hahaha I saw before you edited....I had no idea mewtwo managed the "pic of the day"s

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
From my understanding, they created every Mewtwo animation from scratch.
In an alleged 700 hours.

1 day=24 hours

700/24=29.1 days

If this doesn't say in bold, ALLCAPS and HUGE TEXT: EXTREME DETERMINATION

i dont know what does ):

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Yessir.

Also, as a matter of interest, what would yall's reaction be if Sakurai posted a pic of the day that portrayed Mewtwo as a trophy and actually outright says he won't be playable again?
I'll be satisfied with what others on the internet not getting what they wanted (I was kinda mad that they wanted to kick my favorite fighter out of roster for Mewtwo). In fact, I'll probably enjoy watching others' reactions on the internet especially those who were confident for his inclusion.

At the same time I'd be kinda disappointed as though I want him in my dream roster, along with other Brawl cuts except Young Link, but I wouldn't mind too much if it's not happening.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'll be satisfied with what others on the internet not getting what they wanted (I was kinda mad that they wanted to kick my favorite fighter out of roster for Mewtwo). In fact, I'll probably enjoy watching others' reactions on the internet especially those who were confident for his inclusion.
Sadly, the majority still believe Lucario was the reason for Mewtwo being cut last game. But now that we finally have a definitive answer (bugs & SSE), we can hopefully fix that over time.

Yessir.

Then I'd be done... Not with the community, but with whatever faith I may've had in Sakurai. I'd hold out a pinch of hope that he change his mind and make Mewtwo DLC, but otherwise I'd move on full-time supporting Godzilla or something :p

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Sadly, the majority still believe Lucario was the reason for Mewtwo being cut last game. But now that we finally have a definitive answer (bugs & SSE), we can hopefully fix that over time.

Then I'd be done... Not with the community, but with whatever faith I may've had in Sakurai. I'd hold out a pinch of hope that he change his mind and make Mewtwo DLC, but otherwise I'd move on full-time supporting Godzilla or something :p
I'm a firm believer in the fact that if Mewtwo wasn't a playable character, he would have made an appearance in the Greninja trailer as one of the background Pokemon.

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
Yessir.

Sakurai: (Laughs)

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I'm a firm believer in the fact that if Mewtwo wasn't a playable character, he would have made an appearance in the Greninja trailer as one of the background Pokemon.
That's if he makes an appearance in the game at all. It could be like Brawl where he had just a trophy.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
While I agree Mewtwo wasn't cut for a different character, I'd like to know the source that specifically says it was due to bugs and SSE. I keep reading that recently, but haven't seen a source for that.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
As far as the :4charizard: / :4greninja: trailer with :4pikachu: for some reason goes, I tried my damnds't to pause frame per frame rying to find hidden pokemon summons & what not. I can confirm that truly Mewtwo wasn't shown otherwise had he been shown as a Masterball summon, he's still on the line for grabs being in the roster. Jigglypuff wasn't in it no matter how hard I tried looking, however I'm convinced I definitely saw a Chikorita, which she's been in both Melee & Brawl so seeing her astonished me but I wasn't shocked to know she'd be in the trailer. Note she's really hard to spot it took me a WHILE.

Edit: On the topic of Mewtwo I'd just like to say if he returns, I'd want some of the Pokeball summons that also didn't return to brawl with Mewtwo, come back in SSB4:

:144:: Never understood why this poor majestic bird never returned past Melee. Only :146: remains in SSB4
:009:: Now that :squirtle: is practically de-confirmed, the kanto water pokeball summon should be guaranteed.
:113:: I'm down for some soft-boiling hp%, it's practically the only healing move / item from a Pokeball.
:035: = a fairy representation to de-confirm :jigglypuff:?!?!?!? JK
:155:: however Fennekin already confirmed I'm not so sure
:250:: Is confirmed in Melee & Brawl but not quite confirmed in SSB4
:183:: Didn't return to Brawl, kind of meh but I'm fine with the return.
:233:: Very unexpected & powerful summon = god-tier summon. Didn't return in Brawl.
:243:: :245: & :244: return for SSB4, but not :243:? Something's fishy. Didn't return to Brawl.
:212:: Didn't return to Brawl & was a cool bug summon. Personally want him for DLC but I'll take what I can get.
:201a:: Didn't return to Brawl, I'd like them back for the Alphabet soup death combo.:201a::201b::201c::201d::201e:
:003:: Not shown in Brawl due to :ivysaur: playable & unless :ivysaur: returns, :003: has a chance to return.
:110:: There was :109: in SSB64, probably evolved. Didn't return to Brawl & kind of want him back.
:145:: Really missed this bird, didn't return to Brawl & frankly I'd like this bird back, neither electric Gen 1 or 2 legendary has returned yet.
Honorable Mentions:
:015:: Miss you boo, come swarm us again
:106:: Bruce Lee come back to us.
:109:: Ehh compared to :110: in Melee aka your evolved self in the future, you're nothing special sorry.
:095:: RIP Rock Slide tumblr. But seriously come back.
:121:: Awkward because :120: in the future games does better? Starmie you're most likely de-confirmed. But I want you.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Retire from the Smash community in shame. Mewtwo being deconfirmed would be the single largest defeat of a fandom in Smash history.

but otherwise I'd move on full-time supporting Godzilla
Are you me?

GODZILLA STEPS IN.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yessir.

I would be, frankly, quite sad. Mewtwo is my most wanted character, and is someone I think deserves to be in this game. Mewtwo being excluded again would be quite the tragedy... Though I suppose I wouldn't be as upset as I would have been before, since I've been preparing myself for this potential outcome for awhile now.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
All right, now that I've gotten quite a few amount of responses, I want everyone to give me a percentage of how possible that situation is when it comes to occurrence.
My Chance Prediction: 3%
I doubt Sakurai would have the guts to actually do this, seeing how much he's been paying attention to the community. lol

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
All right, now that I've gotten quite a few amount of responses, I want everyone to give me a percentage of how possible that situation is when it comes to occurrence.
My Chance Prediction: 3%
I doubt Sakurai would have the guts to actually do this, seeing how much he's been paying attention to the community. lol
So, we're giving a percentage to how likely it is that Mewtwo will NOT be in?

Well, I suppose I'd say there's about a 25% chance of that happening.

There's no valid reason for why Mewtwo shouldn't be in, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that he will be in. Who knows what Sakurai or Game Freak thinks about the situation. Mewtwo should be playable, and I think it's likely that he will be, but I can't deny the real possibility that maybe he just won't be. Perhaps that's just me being pessimistic, though.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
We're about to pass the 151th page. All aboard the Johto train.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

There's no valid reason for why Mewtwo shouldn't be in, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that he will be in. Who knows what Sakurai or Game Freak thinks about the situation. Mewtwo should be playable, and I think it's likely that he will be, but I can't deny the real possibility that maybe he just won't be. Perhaps that's just me being pessimistic, though.
Your pessimism is easily understood. We're talking about Sakurai, here.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

If you're being pessimistic, then so am I. Sakurai's just unpredictable. Though right now, I'm starting to become "meh" with SSB4. If Mewtwo is revealed though, it would go from "meh" to "F*CK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!".

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
If you're being pessimistic, then so am I. Sakurai's just unpredictable. Though right now, I'm starting to become "meh" with SSB4. If Mewtwo is revealed though, it would go from "meh" to "F*CK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!".
I think Smash4 looks like a very good game and I will be getting both versions of the game but I will be unable to understand how Nintendo can advertise Smash Bros as 'Nintendo All Stars' if Mewtwo isn't in the game. He single handedly saved the Pokemon series back when the first movie came out. I really hope Sakurai makes the smart decision but I have a feeling he wont...

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I think Smash4 looks like a very good game and I will be getting both versions of the game but I will be unable to understand how Nintendo can advertise Smash Bros as 'Nintendo All Stars' if Mewtwo isn't in the game. He single handedly saved the Pokemon series back when the first movie came out. I really hope Sakurai makes the smart decision but I have a feeling he wont...
The Pokemon series was in danger around the time of the first movie? I don't remember anything of the sort.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Man...I haven't watched the Mewtwo movies in a while. Time to search a bit.

I don't have any doubt in Mewtwo at all. Let's just be sure to make this forum explode as much as possible when he gets revealed.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The anime series was supposed to end with the Movie. The popularity of Mewtwo and the movie itself got the series continued.
It was obviously Mew's popularity that kept the series going. :rolleyes:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
The anime series was supposed to end with the Movie. The popularity of Mewtwo and the movie itself got the series continued.
They decided to continue the series before the movie came out. That's why the ending had to be changed.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yeah the games look amazing but I'm just personally feeling "meh" right now. Maybe it's because the lack of any interesting news. Needs more hype!!

Man...I haven't watched the Mewtwo movies in a while. Time to search a bit.

I don't have any doubt in Mewtwo at all. Let's just be sure to make this forum explode as much as possible when he gets revealed.
Trust me I will bring an A-Bomb in this thread when Mewtwo is revealed.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Yeah the games look amazing but I'm just personally feeling "meh" right now. Maybe it's because the lack of any interesting news. Needs more hype!!
I'm predicting A LOT of hype this month. Mewtwo AND Ridley in the same trailer.:4falcon:

Edit: ...Nah. Maybe in September. Maybe we'll get a few veterans this month.

Last edited:

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
ok, because mewtwo keeps getting brought up in the ridley thread... i have to ask... WHY THE HELL ARE PEOPLE SO SURE HE IS COMING BACK?!

didnt people HATE mewtwo in melee? i swear i read somewhere that people just complained about him being impossible to use or something, so he was taken out... which made people inexplicably miss him and brought him back themselves with project M...

now everyone wants mewtwo back for SSB4... it sounded like the fans were the reason he was taken out, so why would he come back?

im not against it, but i am confused... i liked mewtwo, personally... but apparently alot of other people didnt.

now im seeing things like "mewtwo is top priority" and crap... which makes no sense.

SOMEONE CLEAR THIS UP FOR ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom