• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Said it before, but the strongest evidence Mewtwo has isn't the Greninja fakeout (assuming it was intentional) it's that he's still absent. He could have been easily shown as a Master Ball Pokemon, but he wasn't. Plus, unlike Genesect, there's been no sightings of him as one.

Sure, you could argue that he was nothing more than a trophy in Brawl, but think about it: He was intended to be a playable character, but was dropped due to the reasons I mentioned a few posts up. As a result, I think they just hurriedly made him into a trophy without giving him a role as a PokeBall Pokemon because they had no plans for that.
Speaking of Genesect, I feel like Mewtwo could work similar way if he's not a character. He moves around, throwing attacks and stuff.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Frankly I think the only reason why mewtwo couldn't be in this game will be due to a very serious bug or glitch, but probably since brawl they have already figured out how to do him.

I mean, Sakurai thinks mewtwo is relevant (made into melee as an original character, considered for both 64 and brawl, and cut only dueto technical stuff)

Pokemon fans consider mewtwo relevant, being the second most popular pokemon below charizard. with apeal to both casual and competitive players (mewtwo was probably one of the 3 most threatening pokemon in uber 5th gen, only below Arceus and Kyogre(haven't played 6th gen ubers))

Game freak considers mewtwo relevant, wasn'tconcidence than he got 2 megaevolutions, (Only shared with charizard) a new amazing signature move on 5th gen, and another movie.

Smash fanbase consider him relevant, probably the most wanted character in west and dunno how it is in japan, but i'm sure he is also VERY popular there, plus project M.

So frankly we can say that mewtwo IS very relevant to smash.
Mewtwo is still popular and has the Mega evolutions. I think Kyogre has taken a hit with the weather nerf. Ho-oh has become even more popular with the advent of Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy and Defog.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
...i thought i WAS in the mewtwo forum?

god, how many damn forums do you people have for one character?

again, as much as i'd like to see mewtwo back, i just find it weird that people are saying he is "top priority" sometimes.

also, saying this topic is popular... compare it to the ridley topic... that thing is over 1300 pages now. :/

anyway, dont get me wrong... i loved mewtwo, he's probably my favorite legendary pokemon, and one of my top favorites overall, i would love to see him return... im just being cautious, we still have a ton of characters from brawl who still have not have their status revealed in the current game, and then there is ridley... can we really hope the roster is big enough to fit all of these characters?
Yeah for some reason I thought I was still in the Ridley forum. That forum has more people for many reasons. I'd say that Mewtwo is the most wanted veteran, maybe the second most wanted character overall. Although I do hear a lot about Issac from Golden Sun and Shulk from Xenoblade.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
also, saying this topic is popular... compare it to the ridley topic... that thing is over 1300 pages now. :/
I haven't really been in the Ridley forum, but the huge amount of pages could be explained by the fact that Ridley is a very controversial and derisive topic, and his hatebase might have even contributed a few pages themselves. Hell, I could probably stir up a spike in posts simply by saying "Ridley seems too big and lanky to me. Even if you shrink him down to an acceptable size, if you account for the extending of his appendages he will still take up an absurd amount of space. Convince me." I know that sort of strategy works here. After all, I'm responding to your post, but for the most part it's just love and anticipation in this thread.

It might also help that Ridley is not in a sub-sub-forum.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
So a Hyrule warriors direct on the 4th...I wanted another smash one:(.I hope we get a ganondorf pic that somehow talks about villains,yeah I font think we can make this direct about mewtwo unless Mewtwo is in Hyrule warriors.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
So a Hyrule warriors direct on the 4th...I wanted another smash one:(.I hope we get a ganondorf pic that somehow talks about villains,yeah I font think we can make this direct about mewtwo unless Mewtwo is in Hyrule warriors.
Non-specific Nintendo Directs have a bi-monthly schedule. This month should be a very eventful one. Keep your chin up.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Now I'm hoping they simultaneously reveal Ganondorf as playable in Hyrule Warriors and Smash Bros.

Mewter

Smash Master
I suddenly remembered that Shulk's eyes glow blue when he is peering into the future, just like Mewtwo's do sometimes. Seems like a good opportunity to pair them in a trailer.

How cool would it be for Shulk to fight Mewtwo in a reveal trailer? Disregarding any Mewtwo area of effect or mind crush tactics or Shulk autowin shenanigans in favor of a dramatic showing, imagine Mewtwo reading Shulk's mind while Shulk constantly outmaneuvers Mewtwo.

Then Ness and Lucas show up. It can't get any more epic! They keep outpredicting each other and the battle seems to be going nowhere until suddenly...
Shulk trips!
Tripping makes a surprise comeback!

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
So The Pokemon Center seems to have a different plushie available every week.

Still waiting patiently for a Mewtwo one. Not even necessarily to buy it, just to know that it will be there.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Serious question. Why...WHY would Mewtwo NOT be in this Smash? Mewtwo is incredibly popular. Always has been. If I did my research right it was supposed to be in all previous Smash games, is constantly one of the top requested veterans to come back, and it would have incredible hype and increase sales (yes it would, some people do buy a game based on one character).

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Serious question. Why...WHY would Mewtwo NOT be in this Smash? Mewtwo is incredibly popular. Always has been. If I did my research right it was supposed to be in all previous Smash games, is constantly one of the top requested veterans to come back, and it would have incredible hype and increase sales (yes it would, some people do buy a game based on one character).
Well. There is no reason he shouldn't be in the game, but we barely have any mention of Mewtwo AT ALL. Then again. That might be proof in his favor.

Can't say I'm on the 'Sakurai is trolling in regards to Ridley' train.

Edit: Ugh...oops. Double post. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Well. There is no reason he shouldn't be in the game, but we barely have any mention of Mewtwo AT ALL. Then again. That might be proof in his favor.
I always wonder if I should call Mewtwo a he, she or it. It had a female voice recently...Ah whatever I'll call it a he, but yea. Not hearing anything yet could be good news. Sakurai could be saving the best for last. Like I said. There is absolutely no reason he shouldn't be back. I would cry a little if Wii fit trainer has a slot but not Mewtwo.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Because people can't stop assuming that leaks are true when they see them.

See: Gematsu and Chrom.
This was the guy that got villager and WFT right back when neither of those were even remotely plausible guesses.

Also, FYI, he doesn't have the full roster. Rosalina alone proved that.

As for Chrom, they used Lucina as a Marth clone instead of using Chrom as a Marth clone, a change that would've been hurp-a-durp easy to make at some point in development.

And on topic, if Sakurai puts TWO humanoid pokemon in this game and no Mewtwo, he's officially the biggest troll that ever lived.

He probably sees himself as spending millions of dollars to troll people. The fact that he's also developing a fighting game is just a side note. :p

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I always wonder if I should call Mewtwo a he, she or it. It had a female voice recently...Ah whatever I'll call it a he, but yea. Not hearing anything yet could be good news. Sakurai could be saving the best for last. Like I said. There is absolutely no reason he shouldn't be back. I would cry a little if Wii fit trainer has a slot but not Mewtwo.
Indeed. I call Mewtwo a "he" simply because all I think of is the Mewtwo in the First Movie. And he had a very masculine voice in Melee.

I believe in Mewtwo!!

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Indeed. I call Mewtwo a he simply because all I think of is the Mewtwo in the anime. And he had a very masculine voice in Melee.

I believe in Mewtwo!!
BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY FORGETTING A CERTAIN FEMTWO THAT CAME UNDER MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES THAT IS ACTUALLY BENEVOLENT AND FOUGHT A PACK OF CYBERNETIC PREHISTORIC BUGS WITH BACKPACK CANNONS AND CAN TRANSFORM INTO A MORE POWERFUL VERSION OF ITSELF WITH THE TAIL ON ITS HEAD WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Don't worry, I kid.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY FORGETTING A CERTAIN FEMTWO THAT CAME UNDER MYSTERIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES THAT IS ACTUALLY BENEVOLENT AND FOUGHT A PACK OF CYBERNETIC PREHISTORIC BUGS WITH BACKPACK CANNONS AND CAN TRANSFORM INTO A MORE POWERFUL VERSION OF ITSELF WITH THE TAIL ON ITS HEAD WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Don't worry, I kid.
"Cybernetic Prehistoric Bugs" makes me "lol."

I honestly don't see the appeal in Mewtwo Y. It bothers me greatly.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion

I've always been kinda iffy on the whole mega evolution concept. Even now I'm not a massive fan of it. I accept it, but it's eehhh I guess. I kinda like Mewtwo Y. Gives me a Mew vibe which is a good thing. I do wish that if Mewtwo returns he doesn't have a mega for a Final Smash. Since it's popular at the moment I do see that happening though..

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I've always been kinda iffy on the whole mega evolution concept. Even now I'm not a massive fan of it. I accept it, but it's eehhh I guess. I kinda like Mewtwo Y. Gives me a Mew vibe which is a good thing. I do wish that if Mewtwo returns he doesn't have a mega for a Final Smash. Since it's popular at the moment I do see that happening though..
I support Mewtwo X because thinking about Mewtwo as a Badass Psychic Bruce Lee makes me giddy.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It'll probably be handled like Wario's if it happens, turning Mewtwo from glass cannon to lightning fast bruiser.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

Personally I like MMY because it's an ironically badass concept. For sinister Mewtwo to turn into a small, infantile version of himself yet more powerful? That's awesome. It's like those psychic blue kids from Akira. MMX is too obvious that he's a badass.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Personally I like MMY because it's an ironically badass concept. For sinister Mewtwo to turn into a small, infantile version of himself yet more powerful? That's awesome. It's like those psychic blue kids from Akira. MMX is too obvious that he's a badass.
It reminds me more of Super Buu transforming Kid Buu. Hell. Mewtwo Y looks like a form of Buu.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Personally I like MMY because it's an ironically badass concept. For sinister Mewtwo to turn into a badass adorable version of himself with a small pebble not to mention that it looks like Mew to some extent yet more powerful? That's accidentally awesome. It's like those psychic blue kids from Akira. MMX is too obvious that he's a badass but it doesn't matter since Mewtwo is Mewtwo and is badass either way.
Fixed in all it's glory with added humor.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Then again, the whole "ultimate form that looks somewhat weaker than the previous one but is a hell of a lot more powerful" thing is kinda too common, imo.

Look at Frieza, for example.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I prefer how Mega Mewtwo X looks, but I like how Mega Mewtwo Y focuses on Special Attack.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I love Mega Mewtwo Y, always have since it was unveiled. It's extraordinarily powerful and it's extremely fast as well. The only flaw is it's terrible defence stat. (Base 65...ew.)
As for everything else...
well....

(plus it has such a sleek design. I can only hope his Final Smash features this form to coincide with Charizard's X-forme.)

Last edited:

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Can someone explain the whole "greninja's hand while charging the water attack in the trailer weren't webbed, so mewtwo is confirmed right?" Thing to me?

Mewtwo's hands look nothing like that.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I love Mega Mewtwo Y, always have since it was unveiled. It's extraordinarily powerful and it's extremely fast as well. The only flaw is it's terrible defence stat. (Base 65...ew.)
As for everything else...
well....

(plus it has such a sleek design. I can only hope his Final Smash features this form to coincide with Charizard's X-forme.)
Mewtwo was already one of the games best Pokemon since...ever, but giving him two mega evolutions that are both great in different ways? Good luck countering it.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Can someone explain the whole "greninja's hand while charging the water attack in the trailer weren't webbed, so mewtwo is confirmed right?" Thing to me?

yeah?
is that so?
really?
k
<---Melee Mewtwo (note the hand design, it's the EXACT SAME AS PORTRAYED IN THE GRENINJA TRAILER.)
I'm done here. (btw, you're welcome.)

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

I'm gonna reword a common quote from CinemaSins here.

"This character is obviously not Mewtwo, but the power of nostalgia b***rs* is stronger.

*I'm unsure if this is a SmashBoards friendly word so I'm censoring it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom