• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Greninja has a tongue scarf. Mewtwo doesn't. You can see the tongue scarf in the shadow.
That's easy to figure out after stills from the cinematic were taken. During the first viewing, with only a split seconds to see it, it's easy to understand how people might have confused it with Mewtwo's chest-plate.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
That's easy to figure out after stills from the cinematic were taken. During the first viewing, with only a split seconds to see it, it's easy to understand how people might have confused it with Mewtwo's chest-plate.
True. In the spur of the moment it looked like Mewtwo. Looking back now it's obvious it wasn't.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I spent too much time trying to figure out what b***rs is. IS IT A BAD WORD? I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT WHAT IS IT? ^
*prays to admin dieties for mercy*

Boners.

--------------------------------------------------------
Friday's POTD, everyone.

The fact that it shows Pikachu raises questions as to whether Sakurai's gonna pull a Rayman and reveal a Pokemon after this POTD.

Also, that fontt on the bomb looks suspiciously like Rayman 1 font.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Yes. The webbing's lack is probably intentional (look after Greninja reveal, he had the webbing) and it was made for confuse the fans, just like the Rosalina ones. Look at the other newcomers reveal,
(Little Mac, Palutena, Villager...) the character was reconizable since the beginning of the trailer.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Yep^

Seriously. The logic is simple. It was a Pokemon trailer. People assumed Mewtwo would be back. The first 5 seconds that shadow was revealed, it was anthropomorphic, the only logical explanation was Mewtwo. There's no way anyone would have guessed Greninja until the water shuriken. Plus, 5 seconds isn't enough to make a proper intellectual guess when there weren't even hints that Greninja would be included. Not to mention the obscuring of the silhouette. I'm not even saying that this was hinting Mewtwo, I'm just saying, there's no way you can see that shadow for the first 5 seconds and immediately think "Greninja" out of all the anthropomorphic Pokemon they could have picked from. Even if he did do a hand mudra. Unless you have some sort of eidetic memory skill.

Case in point: Greninja reveal reaction trailers on Youtube.

Last edited:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Yep^

Seriously. The logic is simple. It was a Pokemon trailer. People assumed Mewtwo would be back. The first 5 seconds that shadow was revealed, it was anthropomorphic, the only logical explanation was Mewtwo. There's no way anyone would have guessed Greninja until the water shuriken. Plus, 5 seconds isn't enough to make a proper intellectual guess when there weren't even hints that Greninja would be included. Not to mention the obscuring of the silhouette. I'm not even saying that this was hinting Mewtwo, I'm just saying, there's no way you can see that shadow for the first 5 seconds and immediately think "Greninja" out of all the anthropomorphic Pokemon they could have picked from. Even if he did do a hand mudra. Unless you have some sort of eidetic memory skill.

Case in point: Greninja reveal reaction trailers on Youtube.
Wrong, it was possible. Case in point: Me. Being upside down alongside with the pose and the handsign made it incredibly easy for me. Also it might have helped that i expected a pokemon from X/Y to be in anyway, and didn't even think much about the possibility of Mewtwo returning after a one-game pause.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
and didn't even think much about the possibility of Mewtwo returning after a one-game pause.
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm probably wrong) but if you don't actually think Mewtwo has a chance to come back after being cut in Brawl are you only here to tell us how wrong we are about Mewtwo coming back?

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm probably wrong) but if you don't actually think Mewtwo has a chance to come back after being cut in Brawl are you only here to tell us how wrong we are about Mewtwo coming back?
You read me wrong. I wasn't CONSIDERING Mewtwo when i saw the trailer. I joined the whole prediction and discussion thing and smashboards way after that trailer, i think on the day of Robin's reveal. I didn'T even know Mewtwo was cut cause timeconstraints, i simply thought they would exchange the humanlooking pokemon with the charged B projectile every game. After i saw that Lucario was returning, i started thinking about "what if Mewtwo could return?", and here i am. Also look at my Main-List in my smashboard-card-thing.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Youn read me wrong. I wasn't CONSIDERING Mewtwo when i saw the trailer. I joined the whole prediction and discussion thing and smashboards way after that trailer, i think on the day of Robin's reveal. I didn'T even know Mewtwo was cut cause timeconstraints, i simply thought they would exchange the humanlooking pokemon with the charged B projectile every game. After i saw that Lucario was returning, i started thinking about "what if Mewtwo could return?", and here i am. Also look at my Main-List in my smashboard-card-thing.
Ahh okay. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to be a douche or anything.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Wrong, it was possible. Case in point: Me. Being upside down alongside with the pose and the handsign made it incredibly easy for me. Also it might have helped that i expected a pokemon from X/Y to be in anyway, and didn't even think much about the possibility of Mewtwo returning after a one-game pause.
Well, the point is, the majority of the crowd didn't. But good for you for your analytical skills :)

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I think it needs to change a little bit. That or outright buff him and make him legendary like he's supposed to be.
....well....
if he was to possess his TRUE legendary powers....
I think he'd be a little....op....dont'cha think? :dizzy:

....yeah.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
. Zoroark is easily the most notable pokemon from that generation and was involved with many of its promotional material, he was even in the X and Y reveal trailer.

Zoroark is certainly not irrelevant.
Most relevant Unova mon?

CLEARLY YOU FORGOT THAT GENESECT EXISTS AND ALSO HAD A MOVIE THAT HAD THE ADDED BONUS OF HAVING MEWTWO IN IT GOOD SIR >:|

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Does anyone else think Mewtwo & Rosalina would be good in a Tag Team Match?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Kinda regret not being able to be present during pages 150 and 151 here. ;.;

Likely to be the last one before release.

Andd i suppose mewtwo can pop out and help pikachu and samus beat ridley.
That would be overkill, lol. Mewtwo stepping in to help Ridley beat Sammy and Pikachu on the other hand could've been interesting though (edit: especially if it resulted in unlocking both of them). Also I posted that quoted image in the Ridley thread sometime back, ironically. Still like it, sorta.

In hindsight, definitely. Just thinking of the team strategies they could have makes me all tingly inside.

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Okay I'm back, read through 5 pages in amatter of 2 days damn. . .

Can someone explain the whole "greninja's hand while charging the water attack in the trailer weren't webbed, so mewtwo is confirmed right?" Thing to me?

Mewtwo's hands look nothing like that.
Based off skimming, I'm surprised no one replied with a simple post saying, "It was an implemented shady element used on purpose to keep the characteristics secret & to allure us thinking it was Mewtwo, keeping us guessing." Was gonna talk about more replies pertaining to this but mostly got taken care of by other Mewtwo user fans.
We're about to pass the 151th page. All aboard the Johto train.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm living Johto right now~
Mewtwo is still popular and has the Mega evolutions. I think Kyogre has taken a hit with the weather nerf. Ho-oh has become even more popular with the advent of Xerneas, Arceus-Fairy and Defog.
If it involves G/S/C pokemon, omg at the thought of the majestic rainbow bird :250: getting a MEvolution is barely emitting, contained & dangerous.
Would you be okay if Mewtwo kept his Melee Moveset?
If anyone says or agrees with keeping his Melee move-set the exact same way I'm going to :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: tenfold. A Project M :mewtwopm: is more required to be up to date. It would be kinda cool to see past characters return as a time-skip coming back to the present to battle, but the game physics / engines are too different to make that easy & convenient. But I disprove of Prjoect M's :mewtwopm: move-set, his tail attacks are too cheezy needing some balance. U-tilt. . .is just too anti-air.
Hahhahah...."beat"
You mean...."decimate." :awesome:
I find that funny when decimate is only 1/10th demolishing something. . .xD How about Exodia obliterate.:shades:
I think that's early to ask, speculating off of it now, I'd say they'd make a decent team. Assuming Mewtwo can deflect attacks & Team Attack was on, Luma shot at Mewtwo he can just reflect it away making it a faster moving stronger hitting Luma to collide into the other fighters. Basically any projectile / shooting character goes well with Mewtwo along with CP'ing Mewtwo against those same projectile / shooting characters.

Steelia

Smash Champion
honey, you talk like Gen 5 was released 15 years ago. Zoroark is easily the most notable pokemon from that generation and was involved with many of its promotional material, he was even in the X and Y reveal trailer.

Zoroark is certainly not irrelevant.
Just like Deoxys/Blaziken weren't irrelevant during the release of SSBB, but that didn't help them either. Smash has skipped a Pokemon generation once before, and from the looks of it it will be happening again.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Gen II & Gen V do have some lack of Smash Bros. love. . .I wouldn't mind seeing Zoroark as a 7th, but it does sound 'funny'. However nothing's funny anymore seeing :4wiifit: in Smash Bros.. I'm ready for the replies of disprove to this, but WFT is still a joke character addition, in my eyes anyways. I can't wait to see Zoroark and / or Mewtwo just 3 / 4 stock that character, in my eyes. @Rosalina&Greninja & the Mewtwo fans who's with me?!

Edit: This is :155: page, off-topic discussion about his chances as Pokeball summon? But then again damn I missed out on talking about :152:, :153:, & :154:. . .bummer Gen II grass-type de-confirmed:troll:.

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I think it needs to change a little bit. That or outright buff him and make him legendary like he's supposed to be.
Legendary Pokemon vs Italian plumber. Italian plumber wins!

Gen II & Gen V do have some lack of Smash Bros. love. . .I wouldn't mind seeing Zoroark as a 7th, but it does sound 'funny'. However nothing's funny anymore seeing :4wiifit: in Smash Bros.. I'm ready for the replies of disprove to this, but WFT is still a joke character addition, in my eyes anyways. I can't wait to see Zoroark and / or Mewtwo just 3 / 4 stock that character, in my eyes. @Rosalina&Greninja & the Mewtwo fans who's with me?!

Edit: This is :155: page, off-topic discussion about his chances as Pokeball summon? But then again damn I missed out on talking about :152:, :153:, & :154:. . .bummer Gen II grass-type de-confirmed:troll:.
Zoroark deconfirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
If it involves G/S/C pokemon, omg at the thought of the majestic rainbow bird :250: getting a MEvolution is barely emitting, contained & dangerous.
Depending on the stat increases a Mega Evolution might not even be that good - in particular, one that poured lots of points into bulk (As would be expected, given Spdef is its highest stat) would actually be less bulky than one with Leftovers. Added Attack would always be nice but would likely not go farther than perhaps securing a 2HKO on the likes of Bulky Kyogre.

Of course, this is assuming it retains its ability or gains its Hidden one (Regenerator). They could quite easily completely break it by giving it Magic Guard as an ability.

Mega Evolution is an interesting mechanic in how it affects some Pokemon so much more than others. The likes of Pinsir and Charizard are basically never used without their Mega Stone. Others, such as Tyranitar and our main man Mewtwo, are still highly viable with a good number of other items.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Do you guys think Mewtwo deserves his own Stage?
Not really, The only stage I could see he would be getting is the science lab where he was made, but that is really irrelevant and over 15 years ago.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Not really, The only stage I could see he would be getting is the science lab where he was made, but that is really irrelevant and over 15 years ago.
One stage I can see Mewtwo getting is the garden from the recent movie. The stage hazard would be that over time the big Genesect root things come through the map and change it. The setting looked really nice in the movie and would look beautiful on the Wii U.

But then again this is highly unlikely.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Zoroark deconfirmed.
Rest assured I've seen the video many. . .many times to find all the possible pokemon I could point out, I saw Zoroark literally 42 times. But Zoroark hasn't 100% been de-confirmed, as shown below is a confirmed summoning pokeball list:
http://www.serebii.net/smashbros3dswiiu/pokeball.shtml
For now he's not on the list, & most likely he'll probably be on that list but until then, I'm waiting for that confirmation.
Mmm. . .Popularity for a single pokemon shouldn't decide a stage-worthy title. So imo no. Would be cool to fight in Cerulean* Cave hence Pokemon Origins to help make that a reality.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Unrelated but

If paper mario is confirmed playable (paper mario stage confirmed so helps him)

That will shut up the pokemon franchise is banned from going above the number of mario reps detractors.

(But the interview about lucina and robins kindof already did that though.)
So you're saying maybe perhaps hope Paper Mario is in, right?

I don't know Paper Mario, I'm not a fan of the series, but I hope it happens for the best of Pokémon and Zelda, I really hope the top series have 666 reps, this will give us both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff for Pokémon and Ganondorf and maybe Ghirahim for Zelda.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Legendary Pokemon vs Italian plumber. Italian plumber wins!

Zoroark deconfirmed.
I went and merged your posts together for you mate. Please be careful to not double post next time and use the edit function : )

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
BRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOTHAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, IT'S BEEEEEN TOOOOO LOOOOOOONG

Pokemon has it's most logical stage choices already, so I'm not sure adding Mewtwo's lab or Cerulean Cave would add any variety.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Cerulean Cave stage idea needs the usual look, dark being medium sized which btw take SSBBrawl's Stage Editor as an example, 1 being small 2 being medium being what most stages are like, & 3 being huge aka too big. So dark, a few lights to light up the cave from pokemon in the BG using HM Flash or Bugs using Signal Beam or w.e, but then again nvm because Mewtwo is intimidating at most driving other pokemon outright? There should be a body of water such as a large pond with a bottom to it so fighters are able to go down there & fight sort of like DBZBT games. Approved?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Cerulean Cave stage idea needs the usual look, dark being medium sized which btw take SSBBrawl's Stage Editor as an example, 1 being small 2 being medium being what most stages are like, & 3 being huge aka too big. So dark, a few lights to light up the cave from pokemon in the BG using HM Flash or Bugs using Signal Beam or w.e, but then again nvm because Mewtwo is intimidating at most driving other pokemon outright? There should be a body of water such as a large pond with a bottom to it so fighters are able to go down there & fight sort of like DBZBT games. Approved?

No offense, but it adds little.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

(....lol)
^
I believe the place shown in Pokemon Orgins would suit Mewtwo perfectly.
Yes, it is Cerulean Cave, but it's modernized and would be a perfect candidate for a stage if he was featured.
(And another thing....we're severely lacking on the number of "Cave Stages"....aren't we? :\) Make it happen, Sakurai.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom