• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace

No offense, but it adds little.
I threw it out as a small idea, my entire post is just that, which is not much to provide for a plausible stage idea. Me personally with a vinegar face typing all of it, that meme expresses my thoughts too. Offense taken.:troll:
But really It would be a decent stage idea to promote something for Mewtwo. It's got enough stage elements to fight on, owell DLC stages for Sm4sh!

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

(....lol)
^
I believe the place shown in Pokemon Orgins would suit Mewtwo perfectly.
Yes, it is Cerulean Cave, but it's modernized and would be a perfect candidate for a stage if he was featured.
I can't believe Pokemon Trainer actually tried to break Charizard's fall in this fight. It was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. It truly made me "lol."

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Despite all the derp n slurp Trainers do, they do it for their pokemon so Indeed, Red has proven to be the very best, like Ash never was. At least 150+ reasons why too.;) Along with passionante Pokemon Master at that. Btw that impact guaranteed broke Red's entire body but they don't animate it that way. Anime's weird.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Despite all the derp n slurp Trainers do, they do it for their pokemon so Indeed, Red has proven to be the very best, like Ash never was. At least 150+ reasons why too.;) Along with passionante Pokemon Master at that. Btw that impact guaranteed broke Red's entire body but they don't animate it that way. Anime's weird.
oh please, Red didn't travel back in time to save the God Pony :troll:

Seriously though, Ash sucks.

Ash has Pokeballs.
I hear immortal never aging 10 year olds are known to make dumb choices. Attempting to Falcon Punch out gods when you're a normal human is never a good idea.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pokemon makes no sense XD
Makes no sense you say. ILL SHOW YOU NONSENSE

Here's a 3.5 meter tall iPod dock.

Here's a legendary that should NOT be 3.5 meters tall but is.

For context, that's the size OF A BASKETBALL HOOP.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Over 2000 lbs. & is only that tall always baffled me. He should at least be Wailord size to make me believe it half-way.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord

Here's a 3.5 meter tall iPod dock.

I don't know what's sillier, Groudon being as tall as a basketball hoop or Charizard being as tall as Little Mac.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Hey guys, Connor here.

I'm a huge Mewtwo supporter, though don't pop in this thread a lot. I'd love to see the evidence that he's coming back (even though I think he is)

If someone could make a big post compiling all Mewtwo evidence and tag me in it that'd be phenomenal

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Hey guys, Connor here.

I'm a huge Mewtwo supporter, though don't pop in this thread a lot. I'd love to see the evidence that he's coming back (even though I think he is)

If someone could make a big post compiling all Mewtwo evidence and tag me in it that'd be phenomenal
Well, tbh I'm just here to come in occasionally and say something along the lines of "yay Mewtwo," so I can't really compile a huge list.
However, I can contribute to it by mentioning his massively improved relevancy and revived popularity as of the 6th generation. Mainly because of both his mega evolutions and movie with Genesect.

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Over 2000 lbs. & is only that tall always baffled me. He should at least be Wailord size to make me believe it half-way.
To be fair, Wailord is actually less dense than air, so even a Pokemon as heavy as Groudon would be extremely light for something Wailord-sized.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Well, tbh I'm just here to come in occasionally and say something along the lines of "yay Mewtwo," so I can't really compile a huge list.
However, I can contribute to it by mentioning his massively improved relevancy and revived popularity as of the 6th generation. Mainly because of both his mega evolutions and movie with Genesect.
And really, what evidence do we have, aside from any real evidence that he's NOT in the game?
It's like being on trial where the only thing the prosecution can say is, "Well, can you prove he didn't do it?"

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Lets say Mewtwo isn't playable in the game but is a stage hazard/Masterball Pokemon. What would you like for Mewtwo to do?

For me it would be become a playable character. In all seriousness, for a Pokeball I think it would be cool if Mewtwo would slow/freeze time just like in the recent movie and then attack certain players. As a stage hazard maybe just use barrier and block off half the map so it get's smaller or break up groups of players.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Lets say Mewtwo isn't playable in the game but is a stage hazard/Masterball Pokemon. What would you like for Mewtwo to do?

For me it would be become a playable character. In all seriousness, for a Pokeball I think it would be cool if Mewtwo would slow/freeze time just like in the recent movie and then attack certain players. As a stage hazard maybe just use barrier and block off half the map so it get's smaller or break up groups of players.
Um yeah.
Psystrike.
Need I say more?

Morbi

Scavenger

Made by yours truly <3
Be sure to thank truly for me. :troll:

I was going to say that he should have the ability to become playable... but you beat me to it.

I suppose I would want to see him throw a herd of Tauros at the players in the same vein as Unknown or Beedrill.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I wouldn't, period. I want my old favorite from Melee back, new play style or old. Sorry to ruin this, but there's NO way I'd be anywhere close to pleased if he's not playable.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I wouldn't, period. I want my old favorite from Melee back, new play style or old. Sorry to ruin this, but there's NO way I'd be anywhere close to pleased if he's not playable.
When Brawl was set for release I checked the Dojo every day for an update of Mewtwo. When Brawl came out I was so upset that Mewtwo wasn't in. It actually made me play the game less. When PM put Mewtwo in the game I purchased another Wii just for it. I don't think there's many people out there who want Mewtwo as much I do. Im not saying he is going to become a stage hazard or Pokeball I was simply asking what would you want Mewtwo to do if he was them? What would do our favourite clone Pokemon justice?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336

Nothing playable or just trophy nothing in between...It would make me think why make a model for a highly requested character and then not make him playable and they are a veteran(then again look at Chrom...)

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
I really hope Mewtwo's a playable character. Should of never been cut from Brawl along with Roy and the other characters.

This would be the best Pokèmon roster for Smash 4 IMO -:4pikachu: :4charizard: :4lucario: :4greninja: :jigglypuff: :mewtwopm:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I really hope Mewtwo's a playable character. Should of never been cut from Brawl along with Roy and the other characters.

This would be the best Pokèmon roster for Smash 4 IMO -:4pikachu: :4charizard: :4lucario: :4greninja: :jigglypuff: :mewtwopm:
It's a shame any characters have to get cut in general. I would rather wait another 6 months and get all cut veterans than get the game sooner.

Also that is the most likely Pokemon roster for Sm4sh (this is if we get 6 reps, which we should). Hopefully Sakurai has been listening to fans everywhere about Mewtwo.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
It's a shame any characters have to get cut in general. I would rather wait another 6 months and get all cut veterans than get the game sooner.

Also that is the most likely Pokemon roster for Sm4sh (this is if we get 6 reps, which we should). Hopefully Sakurai has been listening to fans everywhere about Mewtwo.
Yea, I have to agree. The only past characters that I would like not to return in Smash 4 is Young Link because Toon Link is a suitable replacement and Snake because I don't think he fits in a Nintendo fighting game.

I would love Dr. Mario too return as a costume and I would even like Pichu to return (Probably because he's my second favourite Pokemon.). I also hope Squirtle and Ivysaur can come back via DLC.

If Pokemon can get 6 reps in Brawl and Fire Emblem can get 4 in Sm4sh then I don't see why we can't get 6 Pokemon reps for this game.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

Playing along with the IF here, IF Mewtwo was not a playable fighter in the roster OR IF he wasn't even DLC, I wouldn't mind what treatment he gets whether it be a masterball summon, stage hazard, mini-boss or Boss Battle. . .putting him in the game at all as at least SOMETHING other than a trophy is fine with me.
I however want Mewtwo to be in the game to be a Boss overall. Think of it like for each Universe such as Mario, LoZ, & Pokemon, they all would have mini-bosses & a Final Boss. I want Mewtwo to be that Final Boss, similar to how Tabuu fights teleporting around & using AOE psychic moves etc.. Deja Vu talking about this (because I actually did talk about this like 15 pages back) I want Mewtwo to have alternate boss endings coming back as MMX or MMX to do round 2. Would be so much more sick than just being a Masterball summon or stage hazard imo.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Hey guys, Connor here.

I'll take care of this.

@Con0rrrr

1. Mewtwo was planned to be in Smash 64 and Brawl. King Dedede and Bowser were planned in Smash 64 as well. All three were playable during development, but were cut before release. Mewtwo wasn't present in Brawl as a playable character due to technical difficulties and time/money restraints.
Link to source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=122504575&postcount=428

2. With the release of Pokemon X and Y, his popularity has spiked. He even got new forms. He was also the only Pokemon besides Charizard to get 2 separate Mega forms.

3. There was a recent movie "Genesect and the Legend Awakened" where Mewtwo was a main character. Another recent anime appearance was in "Pokemon Origins" as the last pokemon Red caught. The latter may be a bit too recent to be considered as evidence, though.

4. During an interview involving Pokemon X and Y, someone asked "Is there a possibility that these new forms of Mewtwo will be included in the new Smash Brothers game?" Sakurai was in the audience and replied, after some hesitation, "We are thinking about it." This interview took place after the entire roster had been decided already. Other than this, there hasn't been a single hint of Mewtwo's involvement in Sm4sh.

From an analytical standpoint, Sakurai probably wouldn't have said this if Mewtwo wasn't in the game. This was most likely said to get people's hopes up and increase overall hype for Sm4sh. It would be pointless if there was no payoff in the end.

Full article here: http://www.gamnesia.com/news/mewtwo-may-return-in-next-smash-bros#.U91btPldW3g

5. Mewtwo did not make an appearance in the Greninja trailer as one of the background Pokemon. Surely if Mewtwo wasn't a playable character, he would at least make an appearance in the game in some form. Sakurai has also acknowledged that there are Pokemon in Sm4sh that did not appear in that trailer.

Also relating to the Greninja trailer: Greninja's silhouette was altered during the trailer to deceive viewers. Suspiciously altered to somewhat match Mewtwo's anatomy. There's no way to confirm if this was intentional or not. Either way, Sakurai is very much aware of Mewtwo's popularity and doing this was more than likely a tease.

This is the said "Greninja Trailer" if you have not seen it yet:

6. All of Mewtwo's other competition for playable characters have been pretty much eliminated. (further explained in #9) The "6 Pokemon Slots" theory is taken into account here. If there are going to be 6 or more Pokemon characters, Mewtwo's chances can be considered 100%.

7. In a recent popularity poll, Mewtwo was voted #2 in a list of the top 100 Pokemon. Charizard being #1.
Here's a link to the poll: http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

8. There was also a recent Miiverse poll asking fans what veterans they wanted to return to the next game. These were the results:

9. Mewtwo has little competition outside of the oh-so-relevant Zoroark, the similarly promoted Genesect, and the theorized Grass starter Sceptile. The former two have been shown in trailers and Pokeballs respectively, thus deconfirming them. Sceptile has the "Grass, Water, Fire Theory" going for it plus "Omega Ruby" and "Alpha Sapphire" coming out, but it's a long stretch.

If I missed any good points. Someone feel free to point them out. I will definitely consider adding them to the list.

Mewtwo for Sm4sh!!!

Last edited:

Mewter

Smash Master
Might want to expand on mega evo. It was only one of two Pokemon (other being Charizard) in X and Y to get two mega evolutions, and was the first to have a mega evolution revealed. They've been marketing Mewtwo hard.

Also Greninja trailer possibly meant to slip fans up a little by getting rid of Greninja's webbing while charging to possibly make it look more like Mewtwo.
This might be an intentional reference to Mewtwo which at least demonstrates awareness of Mewtwo fans.

Edit:
Come to think about it, I think I saw some Mewtwo merchandise (a cup of some sort?) was planned for the new Pokemon Center site.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Might want to expand on mega evo. It was only one of two Pokemon (other being Charizard) in X and Y to get two mega evolutions, and the first mega evolution revealed.

Also Greninja trailer possibly meant to slip fans up a little by getting rid of Greninja's webbing while charging to possibly make it look more like Mewtwo. If not just a mistake or meant to make the projectile more visible, it might be trolling which demonstrates awareness of Mewtwo fans.
This. This. THIS.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Might want to expand on mega evo. It was only one of two Pokemon (other being Charizard) in X and Y to get two mega evolutions, and was the first to have a mega evolution revealed.

Also Greninja trailer possibly meant to slip fans up a little by getting rid of Greninja's webbing while charging to possibly make it look more like Mewtwo.
This might be an intentional reference to Mewtwo which at least demonstrates awareness of Mewtwo fans.
I will add to it whenever I get new suggestions. On the topic of the Greninja "fake-out" I'm going to let people take that as they will. I don't know whether to consider this evidence or not. Even in your post, you are somewhat unsure. I truly do not think Sakurai meant for people to mistake that shadow for Mewtwo.

Last edited:

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman
How did you get the icons below your post that say ness and mewtwo?

zombieRabbidz

Smash Journeyman

i reckon you should replace jiggs with sceptile then it would be the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom