• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Newcomer is probably mid august for a direct(Shulk and Mewtwo trailer please).A smash direct early September before Japanese release sounds great,but by then the whole roster would get leaked.

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
People will find some sort of other reason why Mewtwo won't be in and if paper mario is put in a "paper mario franchise" people will keep saying "TOO MANY POKEMON".

Something else about the "slot rule" is that Sakurai wouldn't be allowed to add all the pokemon from Brawl, which puts Pokemon in a really dumb situation, also that means Zelda can't get a newcomer either.
Anyone else think that this sudden reveal of things is building up to something? Maybe a character reveal at the end if the week :o
There's probably going to be a Veteran reveal probably Falco, G&W, Wario or Ganondorf.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I know some of you guys probably don't want Paper Mario in, but some of us do. And the stage does increase his chances of getting in since every newcomer revealed after the 1st E3 had their stages shown before their reveal. He isn't just Mario in paper form he uses a lot of things in his games that could lead to a unique moveset, so don't think he'll be just another clone.
Paper Mario would be sweet. He could roll dodge by turning into a tube and literally rolling away, recover by turning into a paper airplane, swing hammers, use OP stars for a Final Smash, something about stickers... He's about as similar to Mario as Dark Samus is to Samus. Which is to say, only design-wise.

In any case, that's a discussion for another topic :p

erm
yeah
black-tailed Mewtwos.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Paper Mario would be sweet. He could roll dodge by turning into a tube and literally rolling away, recover by turning into a paper airplane, swing hammers, use OP stars for a Final Smash, something about stickers... He's about as similar to Mario as Dark Samus is to Samus. Which is to say, only design-wise.

In any case, that's a discussion for another topic :p

erm
yeah
black-tailed Mewtwos.
Exactly! I mean... Black-tailed Mewtwo! :shades:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I honestly don't think Sakurai would reveal the stage of a Newcomer before the actual announcement of that character.

These stages were revealed prior to their respective characters, so it could very well be Paper Mario playable. The more Mario "slots" there are, the more Pokemon "slots" there can be. So if Paper Mario is confirmed, Mewtwo is all the more likely.

Every game has had (generally) equal character roster slots for the Mario and Pokemon series:

64 - 2 Slots
:mario64::luigi64: | :pikachu64::jigglypuff64:

Melee - 4 Slots
:mariomelee::luigimelee::peachmelee::bowsermelee: | :pikachumelee::jigglypuffmelee::pichumelee::mewtwomelee:
(The reason I don't count Dr. Mario is because he is canonically the same character as Mario, just like Link and Young/Toon Link)

Brawl - 4 Slots
:mario2::luigi2::peach::bowser2: | :pikachu2::jigglypuff::lucario::pt:

U/3D - 5 slots (approximate)
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina: | :4pikachu::jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4charizard:

U/3D - 6 Slots (theoretical)
:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina:
| :4pikachu::jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4charizard::mewtwopm:

We should get back to Mewtwo now, but are you really against Paper Mario when it could lock Mewtwo in?​

Last edited:

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015

These stages were revealed prior to their respective characters, so it could very well be Paper Mario playable. The more Mario "slots" there are, the more Pokemon "slots" there can be. So if Paper Mario is confirmed, Mewtwo is all the more likely.

Every game has had (generally) equal character roster slots for the Mario and Pokemon series:

64 - 2 Slots

Melee - 4 Slots
:mariomelee::luigimelee::peachmelee::bowsermelee: | :pikachumelee::jigglypuffmelee::pichumelee::mewtwomelee:
(The reason I don't count Dr. Mario is because he is canonically the same character as Mario, just like Link and Young/Toon Link)

Brawl - 4 Slots

:4mario::4luigi::4peach::4bowser::rosalina: | :4pikachu::jigglypuff::4lucario::4greninja::4charizard:

We should get back to Mewtwo now, but are you really against Paper Mario when it could lock Mewtwo in?​
Brawl had:charizard::ivysaur::squirtle::lucario::pikachu2::jigglypuff: (6 Pokemon characters) so :pikachu2::jigglypuff::charizard::lucario::mewtwomelee::4greninja: (6 Pokemon characters) would make sense.

Last edited:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully with all the palette colors, the eyes can be changed to match as well. If they were to do a Mew reference, the eyes should be blue.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

64 - 2 Slots

Melee - 4 Slots

Brawl - 4 Slots

We had 6 in brawl so 6 in ssb4 would make sense

And plus sakurais explamation of why lucina and robin were added helps mewtwo significantly (sakurai said in his way he does not care for the number characters per franchise, example if he added 10 mario characters he woulden't care.)

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Pac Didn't. However, Namco assist trophies were shown.
Pac was the second E3 and if they had shown his stage before it would've ruined the surprise factor for him. So it's understandable why they didn't show his stage.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Neighter Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, MegaMan or Mii had a stage reveal before them (Sakurai had showed some stages based on Mii Games, but each stage with different series mark,and someone even trought that Mii was disconfirmed due to this fact).
Not even Sonic, Luigi, Olimar, Peach, King Dedede have their stagges shiwed before their reveal (they are veteran, but you have mentioned Toon Link).

There are two points that makes me disliking Paper Mario:
1)He WOULD be a clone. Toon Link had infinite potential for being different from Link (Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer....) but he is still a clone, and I don't see why Paper Mario would get a better treatment.
2)There is more deserving Mario characters tham PM, especially Toad, who was always snobbed by Sakurai, but he could really be an unique character.

Going back to Mewtwo, I would use the default one and the black tail one. But even the pink one would be intetesting.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Neighter Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, MegaMan or Mii had a stage reveal before them (Sakurai had showed some stages based on Mii Games, but each stage with different series mark,and someone even trought that Mii was disconfirmed due to this fact).
Not even Sonic, Luigi, Olimar, Peach, King Dedede have their stagges shiwed before their reveal (they are veteran, but you have mentioned Toon Link).

There are two points that makes me disliking Paper Mario:
1)He WOULD be a clone. Toon Link had infinite potential for being different from Link (Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer....) but he is still a clone, and I don't see why Paper Mario would get a better treatment.
2)There is more deserving Mario characters tham PM, especially Toad, who was always snobbed by Sakurai, but he could really be an unique character.

Going back to Mewtwo, I would use the default one and the black tail one. But even the pink one would be intetesting.
I did point out that it was all newcomers after the 1st E3 with Pacman being the obvious exclusion. Toon Link not being related to the argument tho.

Seriously though, I think we need to move on from this topic.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So today on Reddit someone asked what your dream trailer would be. I thought you guys would appreciate the one I had in mind.

Camera opens to a shot of the entrance to Cerulean Cave.
After panning in, we see Pokemon Trainer who is lead by Charizard exploring.
Camera then cuts off into darkness where we see the dark silhouette of a creature look up like it's realised someone is coming and then it's eyes light up blue.

Then cut back to Pokemon Trainer who just defeated a wild Sandslash.
From the darkness we hear Mewtwo's evil laugh.
Pokemon trainer and Charizard both look at each other and nod as they prepare for battle as they walk further into the dark.
The two then enter a large clearing in the cave and they see a shadowy figure waiting for them in the dark.
Charizard spits flame at the creature surrounding it in fire.
Even though Charizard has stopped breathing fire, flames still circle around where the creature was. Suddenly the creature throws his arms out and the flames are 'thrown' away.

Then we see Mewtwo rise up to his full height and roar (think Pokemon origins) we then get the newcomer card thing
MEWTWO
Strikes back!

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
So today on Reddit someone asked what your dream trailer would be. I thought you guys would appreciate the one I had in mind.

Camera opens to a shot of the entrance to Cerulean Cave.
After panning in, we see Pokemon Trainer who is lead by Charizard exploring.
Camera then cuts off into darkness where we see the dark silhouette of a creature look up like it's realised someone is coming and then it's eyes light up blue.

Then cut back to Pokemon Trainer who just defeated a wild Sandslash.
From the darkness we hear Mewtwo's evil laugh.
Pokemon trainer and Charizard both look at each other and nod as they prepare for battle as they walk further into the dark.
The two then enter a large clearing in the cave and they see a shadowy figure waiting for them in the dark.
Charizard spits flame at the creature surrounding it in fire.
Even though Charizard has stopped breathing fire, flames still circle around where the creature was. Suddenly the creature throws his arms out and the flames are 'thrown' away.

Then we see Mewtwo rise up to his full height and roar (think Pokemon origins) we then get the newcomer card thing
MEWTWO
Strikes back!
Unlikely as Charizard was already confirmed and was in a trailer, why reuse it? My dreamtrailer would be along the lines of Ghirahim battling it out with Mewtwo and then Ridley appears to crash the party, all confirmed in the process. And also throw in the return of Ganondorf and Wario to make the Villain-Trailer perfect X)

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Unlikely as Charizard was already confirmed and was in a trailer, why reuse it? My dreamtrailer would be along the lines of Ghirahim battling it out with Mewtwo and then Ridley appears to crash the party, all confirmed in the process. And also throw in the return of Ganondorf and Wario to make the Villain-Trailer perfect X)
This is supposed to be your dream trailer. Doesn't have to be likely.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Neighter Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, MegaMan or Mii had a stage reveal before them
Wasn't Find Mii shown before? With a Mii in the cage? I remember that being a big topic of discussion on one of GameXplain's videos.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Wasn't Find Mii shown before? With a Mii in the cage? I remember that being a big topic of discussion on one of GameXplain's videos.
Was showed with an empty cage in 2013 (if I remember right), but in the Smash Direct it have the crown emblem, and not a Mii or a Smash one.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Newcomer is probably mid august for a direct(Shulk and Mewtwo trailer please).A smash direct early September before Japanese release sounds great,but by then the whole roster would get leaked.
For some reason I feel like we're gonna get two newcomer reveals in August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom