• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Hey I also just realized something. Back when they revealed Greninja, they mentioned something of a "placeholder spot" for a pokemon in sixth gen. If you follow the chain of thought that this is the only series we know that has done this, X and Y had the mega evos. and that Mewtwo is sakurai's most placed in character so far definitely backs up the six pokemmon theory. With extra space they could afford to have somewhat of a "we might need characters but this also doesn't need to be in the game" sort of situation. This seams WAY too good to be true though, so if something is fishy or flat out wrong with this please feel free to point it out.

"What is this new form of Mewtwo, and will it appear in Super Smash Bros?"

Something along those lines, I believe.
Somone should really get that source permanently etched into this thread. its one of the most commonly used sources here.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Warning Received
Just realized... goodness, since when did this topic get to 146 pages! :surprised:

Stealing from another post, the Miiverse veteran most-wanted:

Why is Falco so low? This scares me... Still. Mewtwo puts a smile on my face.

This is really the greatest proof we have. Besides the fact that he was cut from the last game due to time constraints. I don't know whether to be hopeful or not, but seriously, with Mewtwo's popularity I shouldn't be doubting his appearance.

Whatever trailer Mewtwo is going to be in, we're going to love it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Whatever trailer Mewtwo is going to be in, we're going to love it.
Of course we will! It'll have Mewtwo in it :p Would it just be Mewtwo in the trailer? Will some others get confirmed alongside him? Or will he be a secret character, and we just end up getting him as a complete surprise? Only Sakurai knows.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Of course we will! It'll have Mewtwo in it :p Would it just be Mewtwo in the trailer? Will some others get confirmed alongside him? Or will he be a secret character, and we just end up getting him as a complete surprise? Only Sakurai knows.
I would expect the least expected and then expect the least expected of the least expected. Then throw in Ridley just cuz.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'd honestly be shocked if Sakurai doesn't show the guy off before release? Doesn't he want a hype train? Why not show off the most hyped character before release? :150:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'd honestly be shocked if Sakurai doesn't show the guy off before release? Doesn't he want a hype train? Why not show off the most hyped character before release? :150:
Because it's been well established that Sakurai is an unpredictable man :troll:

See: Wii Fit Trainer

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Because it's been well established that Sakurai is an unpredictable man :troll:

See: Wii Fit Trainer
Well, for some things he is predictable

See: King Dedede reveal for the relase of Triple Deluxe.

Hong

The Strongest
Double posting is ill-advised. Please edit your posts in the future.

Thanks. ^~^

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Any of you guys think takamaru getting deconfirmed helps mewtwo

I notice quite a few people chose takamaru over mewtwo for they're roster predictions.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman

I notice quite a few people chose takamaru over mewtwo for they're roster predictions.
Probably doesn't help mewtwo that much, but it at least deconfirms that leak that had Mewtwo as a boss and Takamaru as a playable character.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman

Nope, I just think sakurai found more unique things in lucina, robin and possibly Isaac and went with them over him. that, and the world outside f smash doesn't know who he is. while Mewtwo on the other hand is way more recognized and wanted anyway. Just because he "thought of him" most think that he was a favorite of sakurai. with this current development, I'd say that that was not the case. In hindsight, he was overhyped and people expected that to happen prematurely. Back on strait topic, no. Tac,. has nothing to do with Mewtwo, so why would that be the case?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope, I just think sakurai found more unique things in lucina, robin and possibly Isaac and went with them over him. that, and the world outside f smash doesn't know who he is. while Mewtwo on the other hand is way more recognized and wanted anyway. Just because he "thought of him" most think that he was a favorite of sakurai. with this current development, I'd say that that was not the case. In hindsight, he was overhyped and people expected that to happen prematurely. Back on strait topic, no. Tac,. has nothing to do with Mewtwo, so why would that be the case?
Because it deconfirms the pipe burst rumor.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Dang, I thought this thread was locked or something, my notifications said nothin! We haven't talked about this too much so... If/When Mewtwo is shown do you think his stance should be changed? I for one disliked his Melee stance since he was a bit hunched over and looked a little dull...
Not menacing like

I would prefer:

Brawl trophy where he is levitating.

Upright on his toes from the movie.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'd much prefer Mewtwo :mewtwomelee: and Jigglypuff :jigglypuff64::jigglypuffmelee::jigglypuff: over Sceptile. I really don't see why everyone's trying to go for a Pokémon like Sceptile, when you could have the two Pokémon that have been in Smash Bros before. I know that Ivysaur might never return in Smash and Sceptile is the most likely Grass-type representative. I'm not hating Sceptile, but I think as a Poké Ball summon would be more reasonable.
Not to mention that Greninja :4greninja: is most likely Pokémon's only newcomer. And seeing Mewtwo again would be great:mewtwopm:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
According to Solfiner, Pokemon is less Nintendo than Xenoblade.
Im tired to prove that he is wrong. You can find him in Shulk thread support. it would be helpful.
To be fair, you did go into the Shulk thread and claimed he didn't fit. Solfiner does happen to be one of the most... "hearty" Shulk supporters, but I wouldn't take it as a direct insult to Mewtwo specifically.

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
To be fair, you did go into the Shulk thread and claimed he didn't fit. Solfiner does happen to be one of the most... "hearty" Shulk supporters, but I wouldn't take it as a direct insult to Mewtwo specifically.
I never said that he didnt fit, find a single message of me saying that. I just said that Nintendo has cathegories and that Fire Emblem was in a "superior" cathegory. Solfiner rooted both against Pokemon and Fire Emblem.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Well, that's what we call an idiot. Just leave him alone, there is no saying he is not just trolling.
For the record, Xenoblade is first party and Pokemon is second party.

But this discussion really has no place here, nor does it in any of the other Pokemon discussions.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I never said that he didnt fit, find a single message of me saying that. I just said that Nintendo has cathegories and that Fire Emblem was in a "superior" cathegory. Solfiner rooted both against Pokemon and Fire Emblem.
He never rooted against either. Shut the feck up and leave the Shulk thread alone.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Just drop it. That's an argument that, while I don't like arguments in the first place, should've stayed in the Shulk thread. Instead, you've taken it straight to every Pokemon subforum and thread you could find.
Just a bit of friendly advice: That kind of **** gets you infractions

Last edited:

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
He never rooted against either. Shut the feck up and leave the Shulk thread alone.
He said that Fire Emblem was not nintendo enough and then than Xenoblade was more Nintendo than Pokemon. As a real nintendo fan, thats offensive.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
He said that Fire Emblem was not nintendo enough and then than Xenoblade was more Nintendo than Pokemon. As a real nintendo fan, thats offensive.
Dude.
Seriously.
Stop taking what he said out of context and more importantly, stop bringing this into other threads and other subforums. You're not going to like it when a mod sees what you're doing.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ok, let's try and get back on topic, shall we?

I agree that showing off the most requested character prior to release would be a good idea to make the game sell. However, it's possible that he'll be kept as a secret character if he's in. They did that in Melee, after all. It may not be the best marketing decision, but it's a possibility nonetheless.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'd love to see Mewtwo make a returning appearance as he was one of my mains in Melee for the longest time. When I learned you could unlock him in Melee I did everything I could just to achieve that and was it ever worth it in my eyes, and he has certainly remained a favorite of mine, more so than Lucario at least who I never really played as all that much... As for his chances in the new game, I wanna say Sakurai is listening to the fans and incorporating several characters they want, but with Mewtwo it's something that can go either way really as there hasn't been a whole lot of evidence for or against him, but I want to believe in his return.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Ok, let's try and get back on topic, shall we?

I agree that showing off the most requested character prior to release would be a good idea to make the game sell. However, it's possible that he'll be kept as a secret character if he's in. They did that in Melee, after all. It may not be the best marketing decision, but it's a possibility nonetheless.
Hidden characters are still questionable. The Internet basically takes all the secrets away. If Sakurai took out the cutscenes due to the Internet ruining the surprise, hidden characters might also be part of it.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
We haven't talked about this too much so... If/When Mewtwo is shown do you think his stance should be changed? I for one disliked his Melee stance since he was a bit hunched over and looked a little dull...
Not menacing like

I would prefer:

Brawl trophy where he is levitating.

Upright on his toes from the movie.

What do you think?
This is actually something I'd like to talk about!
I personally would like something like this
. Even though it's just a back sprite, I think this is one of the more menacing Mewtwo representations. That or these:

In my opinion, facial expression makes all the difference when it comes to Mewtwo. For example:
and

These two are nearly identical poses, but the Battle Revolution Render looks a lot more menacing than the X and Y Sprite. It's all in the facial expression. I wouldn't mind him looking somewhat like he does in Battle Revolution for his Smash 4 representation.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hidden characters are still questionable. The Internet basically takes all the secrets away. If Sakurai took out the cutscenes due to the Internet ruining the surprise, hidden characters might also be part of it.
Remember, Sakurai is a massively unpredictable trolling creator. Cutscenes are gone, but remember that because of said trollishness, he probably wouldn't say a thing to generate massive surprise before the internet ruins it :troll:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
and

These two are nearly identical poses, but the Battle Revolution Render looks a lot more menacing than the X and Y Sprite. It's all in the facial expression. I wouldn't mind him looking somewhat like he does in Battle Revolution for his Smash 4 representation.
...Did he really look like that in Battle Revolution? I remember playing it and I thought he looked rather odd and undefined. I certainly don't remember the eyes looking quite like that. He looked more like his trophy from Brawl in that game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom