• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
I really wish I could expect Ridley. But I can't. It's hard for me. He's just...such a "boss character."

Anyways. That's a conversation for another thread..
I really wish I could expect Mewtwo. But I can't. It's hard for me. He's just...such a "boss character."

Anyways. That's a conversation for this thread.. :troll:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I really wish I could expect Ridley. But I can't. It's hard for me. He's just...such a "boss character."

Anyways. That's a conversation for another thread..
If you really want to, you could go to the Ridley thread and have them try to convince you. There's some remarkably strong evidence in Ridley's favor they can show you.

I'm still holding my hopes for Mewtwo to be revealed during Comic Con.
Well, I'm doubting a character reveal for this event, but if there is one, Mewtwo is a possible candidate as a very special veteran.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I kinda hope Siebold is the boss for the Pokemon WiiU version stage, if there is one. He's my favorite. Or Malva! Everyone loves to hate Malva.

Pokemon 3DS version, Luminose City, obviously doesn't have any bosses.

I'm actually kind of thankful that stage bosses are few and far between. Not only makes them more unique, but kills fewer stages for serious Smash play. Wiley's Castle, for instance, is ruined by the Yellow Devil. I hope you can turn him off, somehow, because Wiley's Castle is such a fun stage, otherwise.

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I kinda hope Siebold is the boss for the Pokemon WiiU version stage, if there is one. He's my favorite. Or Malva! Everyone loves to hate Malva.

I'm actually kind of thankful that stage bosses are few and far between. Not only makes them more unique, but kills fewer stages for serious Smash play. Wiley's Castle, for instance, is ruined by the Yellow Devil. I hope you can turn him off, somehow, because Wiley's Castle is such a fun stage, otherwise.
Well they did mention the option of being able to turn stage hazards off. I don't know if using that function automatically makes them Final Destination versions or not, though.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Being able to turn stage hazards off? That's an obvious kowtow to the comp community.
Well some Stage Hazards in Smash are absolutely obnoxious. Bosses in Smash 4 turn me off in many aspects. But I think they're a cool idea. Either way. Stage hazards aren't the topic here.

On topic- I hope they get rid of all of Mewtwo's tail attacks. Maybe keep his Bair. Although they could replace that with a blind side psychic attack of some kind.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I like some hazards like that ice climber brawl level...4 player FFA All Items and trying to hit each other into the fish is fun.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I like some hazards like that ice climber brawl level...4 player FFA All Items and trying to hit each other into the fish is fun.
The hazards I have the largest problem with are random ones. As long as hazards are somewhat predictable then experience usually wins no matter what.

Back to Mewtwo - I hope his alt costume is that armor in your picture. It would be fitting. Although...Project M did it and Sakurai seems to hate everything about Project M.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I don't want the anime-exclusive armor as an alternate costume unless it actually appears in a Pokemon game.

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
I don't want the anime-exclusive armor as an alternate costume unless it actually appears in a Pokemon game.
In terms of Pokemon games, Mewtwo does not have many options when it comes to costumes unless we go with classic design Mewtwo, which I believe was posted somewhere earlier in the thread. The one where his tail is white except for the tip which is purple.

The Pokemon movies are where the more recognizable outfits for Mewtwo are, being the armor and the brown cloak. Those are the ones that easily come to mind. And the game does take some reference from the show/anime. I don't think the armor would be too out of place.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
In terms of Pokemon games, Mewtwo does not have many options when it comes to costumes unless we go with classic design Mewtwo, which I believe was posted somewhere earlier in the thread. The one where his tail is white except for the tip which is purple.

The Pokemon movies are where the more recognizable outfits for Mewtwo are, being the armor and the brown cloak. Those are the ones that easily come to mind. And the game does take some reference from the show/anime. I don't think the armor would be too out of place.
It's not like every character has an alternate costume anyways. As far as I can tell, it seems more prevalent in newer characters, but characters with alternate costumes still seem to be in the minority. I'm fine with him not having one.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Honestly, alternate costumes would be the very last thing on my mind if Mewtwo got into the game.

I'd be too busy hyperventilating lol. (well, maybe not that, but you know) :p

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I'm not sure, but I think that, in the final game, the Yellow Devil (and the other bosses) will be way less invasive than in the Demo. Usually, in a demo, the developer decided to make some changes for allow every player to join everything, and maybe they have set a invasive YD for allow most players to try to put him down.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Honestly, alternate costumes would be the very last thing on my mind if Mewtwo got into the game.

I'd be too busy hyperventilating lol. (well, maybe not that, but you know) :p
Me too! But if I were to think of alternate costumes, I'd like to see the different incarnations of Mewtwo. Like for example, movie one version, movie 16, Origins, XY, etc. It would be even more awesome to see armored Mewtwo but if they were to put in alts, they wouldn't wanna copy Project M lol. One can dream thoguh..

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Putting in one of the most recognizable costumes for Mewtwo is copying Project M?Ok...

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Me too! But if I were to think of alternate costumes, I'd like to see the different incarnations of Mewtwo. Like for example, movie one version, movie 16, Origins, XY, etc. It would be even more awesome to see armored Mewtwo but if they were to put in alts, they wouldn't wanna copy Project M lol. One can dream thoguh..
Wouldn't it be amazing if they saw the PM mod with his armour, got inspired and completely reduxed it and included it in Smash 4 as an alternate costume though? What if it was like Samus' armour when it breaks apart and you could pick pieces of it up and throw it, that would be quite swag.:150: XD

I'm happy if either X or Y gets into the game. It would be interesting to see how they'd work Y into it. Gahhh. And the animation of Mewtwo shifting forms was like it is in the 16th movie with all blasty/lighty effects. Mmmm.

Don't mind me, I'm just rambling now. But yeah, one can dream :(

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
It's not like every character has an alternate costume anyways. As far as I can tell, it seems more prevalent in newer characters, but characters with alternate costumes still seem to be in the minority. I'm fine with him not having one.
I'm not saying every character is going to have one. I also believe tha some characters will not have costumes. If Mewtwo were to get a costume, I think the armor would be a good choice. It's not like copy Project M hasn't been done before with a few things in the game. You're right though, it'd be better to have him in the game then worry about his costume options.

Wouldn't it be amazing if they saw the PM mod with his armour, got inspired and completely reduxed it and included it in Smash 4 as an alternate costume though? What if it was like Samus' armour when it breaks apart and you could pick pieces of it up and throw it, that would be quite swag.:150: XD
That would be a really cool idea. It makes me wonder if everyone who mains Mewtwo would play as Armored Mewtwo though, because he technically will have items to use and therefore more options than regular Mewtwo. What if the armor worked like Lucina's mask taunt? You press a taunt button and Mewtwo's armor falls off and then you press it again for it to fly back on to his body. Doesn't make much sense to fly back on...I'd be down for that though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Look at this

Finally we have someone with a brain for the returners (he believes we are getting jigglypuff and mewtwo back.)

(Now for wolf part remember this was before the lucina trailer, and meta knight is likely due to coming back nerfed and also due to the halberd stage being back.)

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Look at this

Finally we have someone with a brain for the returners (he believes we are getting jigglypuff and mewtwo back.)

(Now for wolf part remember this was before the lucina trailer, and meta knight is likely due to coming back nerfed and also due to the halberd stage being back.)
So do I!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I'm going against myself here when I say that I finally had a Mewtwo related dream. And it was awesome.

I remember going to the Smash site and seeing a brand new video titled "Character Reveal". And it played out awesomely in a scenario that is extremely unlikely, rendered like the Mega Man and Greninja trailers.

Spoilered for your convenience.

-Smash Cut intro

Cut to a dimly lit building.

(We see a shadow moving slowly across a hallway in some sort of facility without showing his face.)

Intruder: This is Snake. I've located the superweapon.

*Poses in battle stance with SOCOM*

SNAKE INFILTRATES THE BATTLE

Cut back to Snake, now fully revealed, peeking around a corner. He sneaks a little bit more to reach a flight of stairs.
Snake is then contacted by someone from his support team(when I heard it, it was Roy Campbell, but I'll leave it up to you):

Support member: Careful, Snake. That superweapon is one of the most dangerous things mankind has created. It's powerful abilities will overwhelm you if you're not careful.
Snake: Got it. What kind of abilities are we talking about?
Support member: We honestly don't know, Snake. But it was created genetically to be the strongest of it's kind. You know how this goes.
Snake: Understood.

(An explosion is heard on the top floor. Snake rushes up the stairs)

Snake crouches, weapons ready, to the entrance of the room with the superweapon.

Snake stands up and aims his weapon. Cut to broken glass and liquid on the floor, and Snake's surprised expression.

(The room, following the explosion, only has 1 light that wasn't broken)

Camera cuts in front of Snake as a hovering noise is heard. Snake becomes surprised as the weapon reveals itself in an over the shoulde shot.

Snake: What is that?

Camera pans 360 to the superweapon, revealed to be Mewtwo. When the camera is focused, Mewtwo poses for battle.

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK

Cut to Mewtwo's gameplay.

Mewtwo shows off. Snake and Otacon begin talking.

Snake: Otacon, what is this thing?

Otacon: That's Mewtwo. It was cloned from Mew to be the most powerful Pokemon ever. It's got many psychic abilities which it uses for combat.

Snake: Do I even have a chance against it?

Otacon: You can do this, Snake! You've taken on worse!

Cut to Snake's gameplay.

End logo.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I'm going against myself here when I say that I finally had a Mewtwo related dream. And it was awesome.

I remember going to the Smash site and seeing a brand new video titled "Character Reveal". And it played out awesomely in a scenario that is extremely unlikely, rendered like the Mega Man and Greninja trailers.

Spoilered for your convenience.

-Smash Cut intro

Cut to a dimly lit building.

(We see a shadow moving slowly across a hallway in some sort of facility without showing his face.)

Intruder: This is Snake. I've located the superweapon.

*Poses in battle stance with SOCOM*

SNAKE INFILTRATES THE BATTLE

Cut back to Snake, now fully revealed, peeking around a corner. He sneaks a little bit more to reach a flight of stairs.
Snake is then contacted by someone from his support team(when I heard it, it was Roy Campbell, but I'll leave it up to you):

Support member: Careful, Snake. That superweapon is one of the most dangerous things mankind has created. It's powerful abilities will overwhelm you if you're not careful.
Snake: Got it. What kind of abilities are we talking about?
Support member: We honestly don't know, Snake. But it was created genetically to be the strongest of it's kind. You know how this goes.
Snake: Understood.

(An explosion is heard on the top floor. Snake rushes up the stairs)

Snake crouches, weapons ready, to the entrance of the room with the superweapon.

Snake stands up and aims his weapon. Cut to broken glass and liquid on the floor, and Snake's surprised expression.

(The room, following the explosion, only has 1 light that wasn't broken)

Camera cuts in front of Snake as a hovering noise is heard. Snake becomes surprised as the weapon reveals itself in an over the shoulde shot.

Snake: What is that?

Camera pans 360 to the superweapon, revealed to be Mewtwo. When the camera is focused, Mewtwo poses for battle.

MEWTWO STRIKES BACK

Cut to Mewtwo's gameplay.

Mewtwo shows off. Snake and Otacon begin talking.

Snake: Otacon, what is this thing?

Otacon: That's Mewtwo. It was cloned from Mew to be the most powerful Pokemon ever. It's got many psychic abilities which it uses for combat.

Snake: Do I even have a chance against it?

Otacon: You can do this, Snake! You've taken on worse!

Cut to Snake's gameplay.

End logo.
HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER YOUR DREAMS THIS VIVIDLY AND IN DETAIL!!!!! I cant remember %90 of my dreams and when I do only the general idea of the dream sticks!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER YOUR DREAMS THIS VIVIDLY AND IN DETAIL!!!!! I cant remember %90 of my dreams and when I do only the general idea of the dream sticks!
I don't even have dreams at all.
Haven't had a dream for 2 years. :<

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Here's hoping she's voiced by Miriam Pultro again
Loved Her

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Me willingly attempting to lucid dream may have to do with that. If I recall there's an entire thread about it here.

And that, mind you, was only part of it.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
I think it was on page 9 or so in the thread he linked. Here it is.

I really hope programming issues and glitches don't hamper Mewtwo from returning; I would love to see a remade Mewtwo!

To be honest, I would have given up SSE for more characters.
Wow.... So this indeed confirms Mewtwo was cut only for time constrains.

Mewtwo confirmed. He's relevant again, no more SSE, they have more people and he was planed for all games until now.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So Lucario and Sonic (usual scapegoats) have nothing to do with Mewtwo's exclusion?
Well, Sonic was the cause of some time constraints, and had to be worked into the Subspace Emissary, so he may have had something to do with Mewtwo's exclusion.

I don't think Lucario had anything to do with it, though.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, Sonic was the cause of some time constraints, and had to be worked into the Subspace Emissary, so he may have had something to do with Mewtwo's exclusion.

I don't think Lucario had anything to do with it, though.
I think most people jumped on Lucario's case because the person who leaked the full roster back in the day mentioned Lucario was "replacing" Mewtwo. That, or the single similar special move :d

Honestly really glad to hear Lucario had absolutely nothing to do with Mewtwo's cut... tbh, I spent many-a-year salty at Lucario, and used him as the scapegoat for Mewtwo's cut in the early SSBB years. But I supported the blue hound pre-SSBB release, and was ecstatic to eventually see him included, so the saltiness faded and I merely hoped M2 was cut for other reasons.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Look at this

That just made me think Mewtwo even has a better chance.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Sakurai would be the biggest troll if Mewtwo returned and gave him the voice he had in the Genesect movie.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sakurai would be the biggest troll if Mewtwo returned and gave him the voice he had in the Genesect movie.
Well, it's not like his previous voice actors are available. One died and the other retired (I think), so...

(This, of course, assuming the Mewtwo we're getting is the one from the latest movie, not the original one)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom