• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelia

Smash Champion
The way he looked in Pokemon Origins was fantastic. A nice callback to his first movie design, while having the subtle changes from the more modern look.

At the very least, I hope he doesn't look like... erk....

this.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Whatever stance they go with, as long as it represents Mewtwo's violent yet calm nature I'm all for it.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Does it make me weird that I prefer when he has a tint of purple or gray to his model, rather than being white as snow like he is in Origins and 6th Gen? I feel like I'm the odd one out there...

...Did he really look like that in Battle Revolution? I remember playing it and I thought he looked rather odd and undefined. I certainly don't remember the eyes looking quite like that. He looked more like his trophy from Brawl in that game.
Yeah I think he proportions were off in PBR, but I like his facial expression. I got that render from the Marriland site as the "3D Sprite" which I believe is all from Battle Revolution.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Does it make me weird that I prefer when he has a tint of purple or gray to his model, rather than being white as snow like he is in Origins and 6th Gen? I feel like I'm the odd one out there...
Nah. That's not weird. I know what you mean. His skin should definitely be silver-ish with a grey/purple tint to it.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Nah. That's not weird. I know what you mean. His skin should definitely be silver-ish with a grey/purple tint to it.
My logic is that he was cloned from Mew who is pink. So what sense does it make for him to be white?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I totally believe Mewtwo is in, despite anything said about Jigglypuff, whether Jigglypuff returns or not, I think Mewtwo is in no matter what because of what we saw from Lucina and Robin, and the fact that there was in total six playable Pokémon in Brawl, I don't think they're going to cut from the series unless its Jigglypuff.

The thing is I think Charizard and Greninja replaced Squirtle and Charizard returned, thus giving the illusion of we're getting 5 total due to Mario having 5 reps, although you could actually count Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Yoshi as Mario characters, I always did say Brawl seemed to have 4 Mario characters, but it really had 8, now we have 9 Mario characters and Wario is in, that's inevitable.

There is also the illusion Charizard has by making us think he replaced the trainer as a whole when the thing is Mewtwo might of replaced Ivysaur, just like my theory on how Greninja replaced Squirtle.

One more thing makes Mewtwo a guaranteed character is notice Lucario's Mega is to represent neutral Mega Evolution, but Charizard's Mega Form is X, no Mega Charizard Y, this makes me think that he maybe representing Pokémon X therefore who better to represent Y than Mewtwo with his Y mega Evolution.

With that said it isn't impossible to see both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo really is in, I would not give up on this one.

Also there's a chance we may not see Jigglypuff nor Mewtwo before this game's release, I think these characters could pass as hidden characters seeing that they really would be a surprise to see when we play this game.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
I totally believe Mewtwo is in, despite anything said about Jigglypuff, whether Jigglypuff returns or not, I think Mewtwo is in no matter what because of what we saw from Lucina and Robin, and the fact that there was in total six playable Pokémon in Brawl, I don't think they're going to cut from the series unless its Jigglypuff.

The thing is I think Charizard and Greninja replaced Squirtle and Charizard returned, thus giving the illusion of we're getting 5 total due to Mario having 5 reps, although you could actually count Wario, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, and Yoshi as Mario characters, I always did say Brawl seemed to have 4 Mario characters, but it really had 8, now we have 9 Mario characters and Wario is in, that's inevitable.

There is also the illusion Charizard has by making us think he replaced the trainer as a whole when the thing is Mewtwo might of replaced Ivysaur, just like my theory on how Greninja replaced Squirtle.

One more thing makes Mewtwo a guaranteed character is notice Lucario's Mega is to represent neutral Mega Evolution, but Charizard's Mega Form is X, no Mega Charizard Y, this makes me think that he maybe representing Pokémon X therefore who better to represent Y than Mewtwo with his Y mega Evolution.

With that said it isn't impossible to see both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, and Mewtwo really is in, I would not give up on this one.

Also there's a chance we may not see Jigglypuff nor Mewtwo before this game's release, I think these characters could pass as hidden characters seeing that they really would be a surprise to see when we play this game.
I agree with this on most points. Mewtwo will probably get his Y transformation. It's his most popular one and it would be Y representation, like you said. I don't know whether to agree with you about the "hidden character" idea or not, though. I honestly don't think Sakurai cares about keeping them hidden anymore.

Hexaped

Smash Journeyman
About Mewtwo's SSB4 stance: I would prefer, though I do not expect, a posture resembling any of Mewtwo's RBY sprites. Mewtwo's oldest designs depicted Mewtwo with a huge head and stout body. It also seemed Mewtwo's feet were asymmetrical, which emphasized Mewtwo's unnatural birth to me. There was a period when Mewtwo's tail wasn't even completely purple. There is official art from Ken Sugimori, from the official RBY soundtrack, which displays a pale-tailed Metwo (with a purple section). The RBY sprites do not have purple tails, but the GSC sprites do. I do not know when it was decided to depict Mewtwo with a completely purple tail. We may never see that preliminary form of Mewtwo again, but we can still see it in RBY, on old artwork, and the Stadium games!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Anyone else think that this sudden reveal of things is building up to something? Maybe a character reveal at the end if the week :o

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
About Mewtwo's SSB4 stance: I would prefer, though I do not expect, a posture resembling any of Mewtwo's RBY sprites. Mewtwo's oldest designs depicted Mewtwo with a huge head and stout body. It also seemed Mewtwo's feet were asymmetrical, which emphasized Mewtwo's unnatural birth to me. There was a period when Mewtwo's tail wasn't even completely purple. There is official art from Ken Sugimori, from the official RBY soundtrack, which displays a pale-tailed Metwo (with a purple section). The RBY sprites do not have purple tails, but the GSC sprites do. I do not know when it was decided to depict Mewtwo with a completely purple tail. We may never see that preliminary form of Mewtwo again, but we can still see it in RBY, on old artwork, and the Stadium games!
For everyone's reference, he's talking about this:

Jigglypuff is not getting cut. It's impossible due to it being one of the O12. I agree with the rest of your points, though.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Unrelated but

If paper mario is confirmed playable (paper mario stage confirmed so helps him)

That will shut up the pokemon franchise is banned from going above the number of mario reps detractors.

(But the interview about lucina and robins kindof already did that though.)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Unrelated but

If paper mario is confirmed playable (paper mario stage confirmed so helps him)

That will shut up the pokemon franchise is banned from going above the number of mario reps detractors.

(But the interview about lucina and robins kindof already did that though.)
The stages doesn't help him. Or Prof. Sycamore is Confirmed after the Luminose City stage, or a Mario Kart rep. Still, Mario is the only series who have characters from its spin-off, just because "only" 5 characters had the mushroom, doesn't mean that, if Pokemon go to 6, the Mario series is under represent...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The stages doesn't help him. Or Prof. Sycamore is Confirmed after the Luminose City stage, or a Mario Kart rep. Still, Mario is the only series who have characters from its spin-off, just because "only" 5 characters had the mushroom, doesn't mean that, if Pokemon go to 6, the Mario series is under represent...
(Mewtwo and Greninja could represent the Luminose City/Pokemon League stages....o.o Since they both appear in that reigon and all...)

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
(Mewtwo and Greninja could represent the Luminose City/Pokemon League stages....o.o Since they both appear in that reigon and all...)
And Pikachu? And Charizard? what stages they rappresent?

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
Shiny Mewtwo and armor Mewtwo as alt costumes if he gets in.:roll:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Shiny Mewtwo and armor Mewtwo as alt costumes if he gets in.:roll:
I honestly don't see armored Mewtwo making the cut since it isn't something that's in the here and now. However, Green Mewtwo (aka; his shiny forme) will most certainly make it back since it was featured in Melee as an option.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I honestly don't see armored Mewtwo making the cut since it isn't something that's in the here and now. However, Green Mewtwo (aka; his shiny forme) will most certainly make it back since it was featured in Melee as an option.
They also need to give green Mewtwo green eyes in order for it to actually be shiny.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. :3 (If they both appear. And if not....Pokemon Stadium alone could represent them.)
So, who is the rep. for the Mario Kart stage?

Last edited:

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
There are a few stages that are there just to give representation to a certain game/series. They just announced the Paper Mario stage, and I highly doubt we're getting any playable Paper Mario characters.

I would like for Mewtwo to have a "Cerulean Cave" stage. Although I'm worried about it being a "walk-off" stage.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
There are a few stages that are there just to give representation to a certain game/series. They just announced the Paper Mario stage, and I highly doubt we're getting any playable Paper Mario characters.

I would like for Mewtwo to have a "Cerulean Cave" stage. Although I'm worried about it being a "walk-off" stage.
THAT'S MY POINT. All I want to say is that Paper Mario chance aren't grow with the PM stage reveal.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
As far as alternate colors go, I want to see something like this for his:

I only made 6 because in Brawl they all had 6 colors, but there might be more in Sm4sh. Purple, green, orange, blue, yellow, and red tails are how I see his colors going (not counting alternate costumes if he gets them). Thoughts?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

I only made 6 because in Brawl they all had 6 colors, but there might be more in Sm4sh. Purple, green, orange, blue, yellow, and red tails are how I see his colors going (not counting alternate costumes if he gets them). Thoughts?
They look awesome, but I think that there must be one grey, for resemblance the original sprite in RBGY, and one black becajse in a Pokemon Stadium game, his shiny was with the black tail (and it looked awesome!!!).

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader

This is good, but I think the Yellow is unnecessary. There isn't a Yellow Team in Smash. I don't know what to replace it with, though. Especially if we aren't counting alternate costume possibilities. Same thing with the peach-colored tail. Simply because I like the darker Red/Orange.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
They look awesome, but I think that there must be one grey, for resemblance the original sprite in RBGY, and one black becajse in a Pokemon Stadium game, his shiny was with the black tail (and it looked awesome!!!).
I feel stupid now, I didn't even think of that!

(I know you meant a lighter gray but I liked the way this one turned out)

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but I think his facial expression should be sort of mean, like in the Mystery Dungeon Games:

Also, I don't know how I feel about this in relation to smash:

Steelia

Smash Champion
This is good, but I think the Yellow is unnecessary. There isn't a Yellow Team in Smash. I don't know what to replace it with, though. Especially if we aren't counting alternate costume possibilities. Same thing with the peach-colored tail. Simply because I like the darker Red/Orange.
His shiny color in Pokemon Colosseum/XD was actually a golden color! So having a yellow-tailed Mewtwo would be a nice nod to that. Also, agreed that having the black-tailed Mewtwo from Stadium would be great to see.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

I forgot to mention this in my original post, but I think his facial expression should be sort of mean, like in the Mystery Dungeon Games:

Um....that's from that war game isn't it?
Idk...his face seems a bit...off?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
There aren't really colored teams anymore, as they were replaced with colored outlines. I always did want a yellow team, though. :(

Also

His shiny color in Pokemon Colosseum/XD was actually a golden color! So having a yellow-tailed Mewtwo would be a nice nod to that. Also, agreed that having the black-tailed Mewtwo from Stadium would be great to see.
Oh wow, I didn't even know about the gold-tailed Mewtwo. The peach/orange tail was just a filler to round out the set of colors. Black would be a nice nod. I love when the palette swaps are filled with little nods to obscure games.

Um....that's from that war game isn't it?
Idk...his face seems a bit...off?
Yeah.
I'm not talking about the face on that so much as there's something about the body proportions on that sprite...

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze

The black tail looks beast, that'd be the only one I'd use. I love your ideas for palette swaps, and I hope Sakurai doesn't make shiny Mewtwo a shade of green again he looked weird in melee. I also agree on his demeanor being menacing, he shouldn't look emotionless.

I know some of you guys probably don't want Paper Mario in, but some of us do. And the stage does increase his chances of getting in since every newcomer revealed after the 1st E3 had their stages shown before their reveal. He isn't just Mario in paper form he uses a lot of things in his games that could lead to a unique moveset, so don't think he'll be just another clone.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The black tail looks beast, that'd be the only one I'd use. I love your ideas for palette swaps, and I hope Sakurai doesn't make shiny Mewtwo a shade of green again he looked weird in melee. I also agree on his demeanor being menacing, he shouldn't look emotionless.

I know some of you guys probably don't want Paper Mario in, but some of us do. And the stage does increase his chances of getting in since every newcomer revealed after the 1st E3 had their stages shown before their reveal. He isn't just Mario in paper form he uses a lot of things in his games that could lead to a unique moveset, so don't think he'll be just another clone.
I wouldn't mind Paper Mario if Mewtwo was in his reveal trailer.
Ha.
Otherwise, no thank you.

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
There aren't really colored teams anymore, as they were replaced with colored outlines. I always did want a yellow team, though. :(
I'm pretty sure the "colored outlines" fact is only true for the DS version of the game.

Also: Yes. Please, Sakurai. Make the
black-tailed Mewtwo happen.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I wouldn't mind Paper Mario if Mewtwo was in his reveal trailer.
Ha.
Otherwise, no thank you.
Lol, but for real guys this is what I'm talking about imagine every time someone comes to this thread just to say "I don't think Mewtwo is in, you guys are stupid" we get mad because we want the character and think he has a huge shot in getting in. So why should we shut down another character's chances just because we don't like him? Truth is he has a bigger chance of getting in now, does that affect Mewtwo's chances? Heck no, so why all the disapproval?

Wise Multishine

Luminary
NNID
Omnireader
Lol, but for real guys this is what I'm talking about imagine every time someone comes to this thread just to say "I don't think Mewtwo is in, you guys are stupid" we get mad because we want the character and think he has a huge shot in getting in. So why should we shut down another character's chances just because we don't like him? Truth is he has a bigger chance of getting in now, does that affect Mewtwo's chances? Heck no, so why all the disapproval?
I honestly don't think Sakurai would reveal the stage of a Newcomer before the actual announcement of that character. Especially in a case like this. I wouldn't mind Paper Mario at all. But this is the Mewtwo thread. You shouldn't mention Paper Mario here unless he has a direct connection to Mewtwo.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
I honestly don't think Sakurai would reveal the stage of a Newcomer before the actual announcement of that character. Especially in a case like this. I wouldn't mind Paper Mario at all. But this is the Mewtwo thread. You shouldn't mention Paper Mario here unless he has a direct connection to Mewtwo.
I don't say before as in this week is his reveal, I mean before in the sense that the stage is displayed before the character. All newcomers have had their home stage revealed before they are if you think about it. I'm not adressing PM directly at all, just saying we shouldn't shut down a character just because he isn't Mewtwo. I brought it up because ppl were criticizing the character, and thought we had no reason to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom