• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I have a feeling that the only time we're going to see Mewtwo Y is in the Final Smash.

I don't think it's going to usurp the original Mewtwo for SSB4.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
I feel like Mewtwo will end up a Boss cause he was asked if his mega form will show up, not if playable plus Waluigi got tons of support but he returned as an assist so this is really making me nervous about his inclusion

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I feel like Mewtwo will end up a Boss cause he was asked if his mega form will show up, not if playable plus Waluigi got tons of support but he returned as an assist so this is really making me nervous about his inclusion
Well, someone asked if Mewtwo will be in the game (obviously as a playable character) and Sakurai said last year that he's considering it, he shouted it from the audience. He knows that people want Mewtwo in and knows how angry people were when he got cut. Turning him into a boss would make his fans even more angry. So the most logical thing to expect would either be Mewtwo as a playable character or he's not gonna be in the game at all.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Well, someone asked if Mewtwo will be in the game (obviously as a playable character) and Sakurai said last year that he's considering it, he shouted it from the audience. He knows that people want Mewtwo in and knows how angry people were when he got cut. Turning him into a boss would make his fans even more angry. So the most logical thing to expect would either be Mewtwo as a playable character or he's not gonna be in the game at all.
But you see the point right? He didn't specify which is why I'm really disregarding his inclusion

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
But you see the point right? He didn't specify which is why I'm really disregarding his inclusion
Yeah, but he didn't need to specify as to whether they want him in as a boss or playable character. It was implied that they were talking about Mewtwo as a PC. If he was considering Mewtwo as a boss, he could have given a more vague/troll answer, like "you'll see him in the game.." or something of the sort. Besides, he's expressed his feelings toward cutting characters that people loved, and is seemingly empathetic about the issue.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Yeah, but he didn't need to specify as to whether they want him in as a boss or playable character. It was implied that they were talking about Mewtwo as a PC. If he was considering Mewtwo as a boss, he could have given a more vague/troll answer, like "you'll see him in the game.." or something of the sort. Besides, he's expressed his feelings toward cutting characters that people loved, and is seemingly empathetic about the issue.
So this gives Ness lucas and Snake a chance! :colorful:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So this gives Ness lucas and Snake a chance! :colorful:
Well, I can't see him taking out Ness, he's a vet. And if we're comparing the other two to Mewtwo, well.. Lucas, idk much about the theories but I do know Sakurai said he didn't want clones so.. shrug. I would love to see another Earthbound character though. Snake? His appearance seemed more like a cameo in Brawl, unlike Sonic. I guess it boils down to demand. Compared to Lucas and Snake though, I feel like Mewtwo is more deserving to be in SSB4 due to his following and status as the original legendary and original badass of the Pokemon world.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
My response to the very random confusing logics used such as both your arguments. I mean these arghuments are crazy, hold no evidence, and are just random. This is like me saying, "oh well gee, sakurai hasnt put a release date on th wii u version, guess its not getting releaeed" HOLD YOUR BRICHES!

Last edited:

simpleglitch

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1907-8424-2856
I'd still be fine with Shadow Ball as the standard special; it's Mewtwo's original signature move, and it's very iconic. It's not Lucario's fault Aura Sphere has such a similar look and properties in Smash, but Shadow Ball came first anyway :p People complaining about the two moves being too similar are wasting their breath. It's like saying Bowser and Charizard are too similar just because they spit fire for their standard specials.
I agree with you, I have no problems with his standard B. Really, I would rather see his vB (disable) replaced...

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
You're not seriously comparing Mewtwo to Waluigi?

Almost no one compares to Mewtwo. And frankly, Waluigi was not a widely supported character.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Here's the difference: Waluigi has previously appeared as an assist trophy. Therefore if he doesn't make it as a character it makes sense for him to reappear as an assist trophy (he's a pretty strong one too!). Mewtwo has previously appeared as a character. It's not like a veteran would become a boss.

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
Here's the difference: Waluigi has previously appeared as an assist trophy. Therefore if he doesn't make it as a character it makes sense for him to reappear as an assist trophy (he's a pretty strong one too!). Mewtwo has previously appeared as a character. It's not like a veteran would become a boss.
You're not seriously comparing Mewtwo to Waluigi?

Almost no one compares to Mewtwo. And frankly, Waluigi was not a widely supported character.
I know that no one can compare to Mewtwo's awesomeness but that was the first thing that came to mind

D

Deleted member

What should be kept in mind is that Waluigi started as an assist trophy, so logically he would return as an assist trophy, the only example against this would be Little Mac, but even still Little Mac is the only assist trophy to be promoted, and may have had stronger popularity than Waluigi (I would say definitely stronger in the West) overall. Since Little Mac exists as the "promoted item" character I doubt they would add another character in this game in the same way.

Now then, Mewtwo started as a Playable Character, so logically he would return as a playable character or not return at all (except for perhaps in trophy form). If Mewtwo for some inexplicable reason were demoted to a boss, that would make him the first in the series to experience such a change, and I expect that Sakurai would not do so and would choose simply not to include him in the game as he has done with past characters that have been cut. Granted, Sakurai doesn't make the best decisions all the time, but I imagine he is quite aware of Mewtwo's popularity and understands how much of a slap in the face such a demotion into an "item state" for Mewtwo would be to all of his dedicated fans.

Also, as has been said, it can be easily inferred that the question that person asked about Mewtwo in Smash at the Pokemon roundtable was asking about his playable appearance. After all, what reason would he have to ask about Mewtwo, a former playable character, returning in a demoted state as an item or Boss?

As @ False Sense False Sense Mewtwo is easily WORLDS above Waluigi in terms of popularity, in fact there is almost no other character I can think of that comes very close at all to his status. So such a demotion would make no logical sense at all.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is just as relevant to Pokemon currently as Charizard, Lucario, and Greninja are now. I really see no reason for him not to return

What's gonna happen? A Sakurai post?
someone leaked something saying mewtwo was in and falco would be revealed this week. if he isn't revealed tomorrow, then the leak is fake, though mewtwo is still likely.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
"Kept you waiting, huh?" Guess I missed the 100 page debut. Anyway don't get your hopes up for Falco on Friday, Why would they revel a "Secret Character"

Steelia

Smash Champion
They seem to have removed the post on Gamefaqs.. maybe it was considered a troll? Or maybe it was legit so they deleted it.. ah! I guess we'll find out tonight.
Or Sakurai had the topic deleted and moved Falco's reveal to next week anyway :troll:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Or Sakurai had the topic deleted and moved Falco's reveal to next week anyway :troll:
Ok let's uh, delve in to this conspiracy real quick.. haha. Sakurai hates spoilers right? I've read that somewhere. So let's say Nintendo did see that post. There is technically a chance that they (Sakurai and/or Nintendo) may have switched things up. So maybe we should keep an eye out for something else? Again, this is all conspiracy theory thinking, and have no merit lol. Just having fun.

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
This leak has no credibility unlike the Sal one. I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. I really wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai just gave us another filler pic.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
People are curious about the game and the position the characters might be in. Speculation will happen to no end.
speculation is one thing, but talking about ones speculations in a sense as if its fact causes confusion. He speculates falco is secret, saying it as if its true, then everybody starts freaking out....thats how the whole freaking out over reps from different series having certain limits started. No fact has ever proven there are specific limits set to each # of reps, yet everyone freaks out and says "but all the pokemon reps are filled" no they're not. Speculation is fine, just the manner in which its said :D
"Kept you waiting, huh?" Guess I missed the 100 page debut. Anyway don't get your hopes up for Falco on Friday, Why would they revel a "Secret Character"
also Luigi is supposedly secret, and they revealed him.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
speculation is one thing, but talking about ones speculations in a sense as if its fact causes confusion. He speculates falco is secret, saying it as if its true, then everybody starts freaking out....thats how the whole freaking out over reps from different series having certain limits started. No fact has ever proven there are specific limits set to each # of reps, yet everyone freaks out and says "but all the pokemon reps are filled" no they're not. Speculation is fine, just the manner in which its said :D
Yeah, this place goes nuts when that stuff happens. I try to calm people down here, but they ride the hype train vigorously.

""but all the pokemon reps are filled" no they're not." <-- Exactly! I bet the spots go to Mewtwo and Jigglypuff (my personal Pokemon candidates for the final spots).

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
We don't like your kind around these parts :mewtwopm:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Meh, wasn't too surprised. They already revealed 3 characters this month, I didn't think they'd reveal another. As I mentioned before, they reveal characters every other month. Some are thinking the cycle will be broken given that there are two months left until the 3DS JP release. I honestly think that the next reveal(s) will be next month, so let's hope for that. And hopefully Mewtwo would be one of them :)

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
It's a dark day for Falco and Mewtwo fans...obviously not a deconfirmation, but one more rumor we wanted to be true.
It changes nothing regarding them. All that happened was a would-be leaker got put in their place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom