• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
That would be awesome, though I'd choose a redesign where the cave is either really huge or half open. On the other hand, I wouldn't wish for a Cerulean Cave stage mainly because.. boss characters.. *knocks on wood*
Yeah, good point. Well, with any luck that won't be an issue.

HAPPY 100! Though really our goal should be 150.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I've been on the fence for a while. There are just enough characters revealed now that I could believe that we currently have the maximum starting roster, as well as G&W and Luigi as definite unlocks (in my mind). BUT, I also thought, after reading that Kotaku interview, that Sakurai could very well reveal all the characters before release so that he gets the privilege of unveiling his own creation.

If Sakurai reveals ROB, Wolf, Mewtwo, or some other highly desired newcomer that wasn't in the leak, then I think it's safe to say he wants to reveal them all by release time. If we don't get anymore characters until, like... September, then I'd say we have our (large) starting roster.

Edit: Whoa crap, posting on page 100! :mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee:

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
That would be awesome, though I'd choose a redesign where the cave is either really huge or half open. On the other hand, I wouldn't wish for a Cerulean Cave stage mainly because.. boss characters.. *knocks on wood*
When Mewtwo is out battling, Alfonzo is in charge of being the boss. I've seen Ridley supporters saying Ridley can be both a boss and a playable character with that reasoning...

While I would like Cerulean Cave to be a home stage for Mewtwo with an assortment of Wild Pokemon to be stage hazards, I think it's more likely that they will use locations in the newer games. like in Kalos or even Unova.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I've been on the fence for a while. There are just enough characters revealed now that I could believe that we currently have the maximum starting roster, as well as G&W and Luigi as definite unlocks (in my mind). BUT, I also thought, after reading that Kotaku interview, that Sakurai could very well reveal all the characters before release so that he gets the privilege of unveiling his own creation.

If Sakurai reveals ROB, Wolf, Mewtwo, or some other highly desired newcomer that wasn't in the leak, then I think it's safe to say he wants to reveal them all by release time. If we don't get anymore characters until, like... September, then I'd say we have our (large) starting roster.

Edit: Whoa crap, posting on page 100! :mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee::mewtwomelee:
If they continue with their pattern, the next character reveal will be in August, and they'll definitely not be able to reveal all of them by release unless the roster is smaller than the rumored 50+

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If they continue with their pattern, the next character reveal will be in August, and they'll definitely not be able to reveal all of them by release unless the roster is smaller than the rumored 50+
I don't believe they will hold to their current rate, either way. I believe either the characters are going to dry up, or we're going to get them in droves. I see E3 as a turning point.

I guess we'll see.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Page 100!

Mewtwo's my most wanted character, it's great that I can discuss him with other people who adore the character (rather than naysayers who believe that stupid slot rule).

Mewtwo also happens to be my favorite Pokemon. And one of my favorite fictional characters ever.

I do think that Sakurai could reveal everyone before release to avoid spoilers like what happened with Subspace and Brawl's Roster. However at this rate I'm not sure Sakurai could reveal +/- 20 characters before September.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
It may not be likely, but they could release a trailer showing all of the remaining vetrans and a few newcomers on the Smash 3DS launch date.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I don't believe they will hold to their current rate, either way. I believe either the characters are going to dry up, or we're going to get them in droves. I see E3 as a turning point.

I guess we'll see.
Pretty much my thoughts on the situation. I still want a Mewtwo reveal trailer soooo bad though.

Edit: YEAH 100 :150:

Last edited:

Polo

Smash Cadet
Even if Mewtwo isn't revealed before release, finding out that he is in the game by being caught off-guard with his "Challenger Approaching" screen would be incredible.
I would like to think that I would be able to avoid spoilers from the Japanese release until I can get the game for myself... but, who am I kidding - I'll probably end up scouring the internet on the Japanese release date to find out the entire roster day one.
So... yeah, I would much prefer a pre-release reveal :).

Oh, and woo-hoo, page 100! *Throws confetti*

Last edited:

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
Page 100!

Mewtwo's my most wanted character, it's great that I can discuss him with other people who adore the character (rather than naysayers who believe that stupid slot rule).

Mewtwo also happens to be my favorite Pokemon. And one of my favorite fictional characters ever.

I do think that Sakurai could reveal everyone before release to avoid spoilers like what happened with Subspace and Brawl's Roster. However at this rate I'm not sure Sakurai could reveal +/- 20 characters before September.
I could see them showing veterans around every 2 weeks but I think he won't show all the newcomers and people like mewtwo or snake till a direct or they will be secret but I really wanna see mewtwo as soon as possible

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

I guess we'll see.
I hope so, because now that the game is 2 months away, I'm just eager to find out more about the game. MOARRR! The wise (and admittedly more ideal) move is to start releasing one character a week. I hope something like that happens. August for a reveal is too far off and those daily Miiverse shots are not doing a good job pacifying my Smash craves.

And WOO 100!!

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So I saw someone suggest replacing shadow ball with Psystrike since the latter is his signture move now. What do you guys think? It would put that stupid argument about him and Lucario to rest.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
So I saw someone suggest replacing shadow ball with Psystrike since the latter is his signture move now. What do you guys think? It would put that stupid argument about him and Lucario to rest.
It seems to be Gamefreak's answer to Mewtwo's true signature move. Everyone just assumed it was Shadow Ball because of the movie, but I would be down for Psystrike. I just wish I knew what it really is. I remember using it in the game, and as I'm looking it up right now, it still doesn't make sense to me. Although it's funny that the screenshot is of Lucario being attacked by Psystrike. If only that was a Sakurai troll. Anyway, it looks like electricity? With rose petals? I don't get it. If it's the one he used on Articuno in Origins then I do hope they make it look better. I can think of ways he'd be able to use it, but at the moment, no practical ways. Charge up maybe? It says it's a wave so an actual psychic-looking wave would be cool to see. As for the rose petals, I don't get it. Someone explain please lol.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Nice to know that people use Bulbagarden.

They are shards of psychic energy getting flung into an opponent.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Psystrike looks like Hellzone Grenade, which would make a great Final Smash. He could fling out the shards of psychic energy to surround the stage, then they would zoom in towards a controllable reticle.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Nice to know that people use Bulbagarden.

They are shards of psychic energy getting flung into an opponent.
Ah, makes more sense. That would make a pretty awesome neutral B. Have a wave of psychic energy with a push/knockback effect with an additional psi shard barrage in the end. Obviously the more it's charged the further the reach is and the more the opponent gets pushed and explodes from the psi shards. Or they could make it more simple, just the shards themselves. It would be cool to see the whole "surround the enemy from all sides with shards then collapse" animation, though I'm not sure how to make that one simple.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Ah, makes more sense. That would make a pretty awesome neutral B. Have a wave of psychic energy with a push/knockback effect with an additional psi shard barrage in the end. Obviously the more it's charged the further the reach is and the more the opponent gets pushed and explodes from the psi shards. Or they could make it more simple, just the shards themselves. It would be cool to see the whole "surround the enemy from all sides with shards then collapse" animation, though I'm not sure how to make that one simple.
That just sounds too easy to dodge out of.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Possibly, but we can't have a neutral B being too overpowered. If we're talking about just the shards, they can be huge shards but travel almost as fast as Shiek's needles but does more damage with a potential KO.

I can see Mewtwo collecting more and more floating shards around him while he's charging it. Or if they want to make it more complicated, maybe you'd be able to choose where your psystrike will land, and that's where those shards will appear out of nowhere and start barraging the enemy.

Last edited:

MYU2

Smash Apprentice
I'm still concerned about Mewtwo. If he does make it into the game (which is pretty likely), what if Sakurai gives Mewtwo a female voice? Not saying the female voice is bad or anything but the male voice suits him better.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm still concerned about Mewtwo. If he does make it into the game (which is pretty likely), what if Sakurai gives Mewtwo a female voice? Not saying the female voice is bad or anything but the male voice suits him better.
I have nothing against Mewtwo having a woman's voice since Mewtwo's technically genderless, but Mewtwo's always had a deep voice to me. He has a higher pitched voice in the 16th movie and it sounded WEIRD. If Sakurai does do that.. well.. I'm not sure. Play the game on mute maybe? Nah, I think I'll have to get used to it. Then go online and petition a patch where you can also give Mewtwo his deep voice back.

Last edited:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
How would you feel if Mewtwo got a female voice actor, but she maintained the supervillainous delivery that Mewtwo is known for?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
How would you feel if Mewtwo got a female voice actor, but she maintained the supervillainous delivery that Mewtwo is known for?
Most women aren't capable of getting enough bass in their voice.

I would be fine with either voice, but I would prefer the older voice from Melee.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I'm fine if it's the new female Mewtwo in the game, or if it's the original. If they put back in the Mewtwo from Melee, I hope he's voiced by Masachika again. I doubt Dan Green would ever provide a voice for him in Smash.

So much love and dedication for Mewtwo! Yay for 100 pages! ::150::mewtwomelee::150:

Shuriblur

Smash Journeyman
If they couldn't do a Mega evolution for its Final Smash, I could see Psystrike as a potential Final Smash for Mewtwo. It could even briefly turn Mega in order to activate the move, though some people might have different opinions on seeing a Mega evolution and not being able to play as it.

And I haven't watched the movie yet, so I no idea what female Mewtwo sounds like. But, I have faith that the right decision about the voice will be made? Hey, what if certain color options had a male and a female voice?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm not sure about a male/female Mewtwo. The fact that he's genderless makes him Mewtwo, though I'm not opposed to female/male colors/voices. Buttt regardless of the gender of the player, I'd assume most of them would prefer the Mewtwo we're used to. Again, I assume. In the same vain, I assume most people would prefer Pikachu with the same high voice instead of a deep one, as hilarious as that would be.

As for the final smash, you know what I'd like to see? Him getting PISSED off and going all Carrie on everyone with glowing glares like the scene in the first movie when he went on a rampage in that lab where he was created. Explosions everywhere, psychic energy shooting out of Mewtwo, just tilt the stick, make anyone explode lol.

Edit: This scene! Or start at 4:15 if the link doesn't work. Most of you probably already know what I meant, but just in case.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Woop woop for 100 pages!!

I don't know about female Mewtwo, I guess I wouldn't mind it but would rather prefer the original, male voice for him (or "it"). Seeing what Sakurai did with Pac-Man (not using his modern GA-model), it appears that newest or recent forms of characters don't necessarily matter, so I could see him going for a more iconic male Mewtwo still. Then again, I don't know if they can pull Mega Mewtwo Y with the male one though, as it pretty much ties in with the female one. We'll see! I guess I'd just be happy with seeing Mewtwo at all haha.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
I'm not sure about a male/female Mewtwo. The fact that he's genderless makes him Mewtwo, though I'm not opposed to female/male colors/voices. Buttt regardless of the gender of the player, I'd assume most of them would prefer the Mewtwo we're used to. Again, I assume. In the same vain, I assume most people would prefer Pikachu with the same high voice instead of a deep one, as hilarious as that would be.

As for the final smash, you know what I'd like to see? Him getting PISSED off and going all Carrie on everyone with glowing glares like the scene in the first movie when he went on a rampage in that lab where he was created. Explosions everywhere, psychic energy shooting out of Mewtwo, just tilt the stick, make anyone explode lol.

Edit: This scene! Or start at 4:15 if the link doesn't work. Most of you probably already know what I meant, but just in case.
Random telekinetic explosions would be the best final smash.

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Woop woop for 100 pages!!

I don't know about female Mewtwo, I guess I wouldn't mind it but would rather prefer the original, male voice for him (or "it"). Seeing what Sakurai did with Pac-Man (not using his modern GA-model), it appears that newest or recent forms of characters don't necessarily matter, so I could see him going for a more iconic male Mewtwo still. Then again, I don't know if they can pull Mega Mewtwo Y with the male one though, as it pretty much ties in with the female one. We'll see! I guess I'd just be happy with seeing Mewtwo at all haha.
The thing is, There is a little difference.

This is still Mewtwo, female or not its still the amazing pokemon.

This is not Pac Man. This is the milkman who follows you home and watches you sleep.
Though, I hope that Whatever voice they choose, they have an alt with the other voice. Please both crowds, right?

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'd still be fine with Shadow Ball as the standard special; it's Mewtwo's original signature move, and it's very iconic. It's not Lucario's fault Aura Sphere has such a similar look and properties in Smash, but Shadow Ball came first anyway :p People complaining about the two moves being too similar are wasting their breath. It's like saying Bowser and Charizard are too similar just because they spit fire for their standard specials.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'd honestly far prefer his old voice to come back over the female voice. Not because I don't like female Mewtwo (I don't really care about her either, I'm neutral), but because it wouldn't feel like a complete comeback if it isn't male Mewtwo.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Wow extremely late to the party, but yeah 100 pages! :mewtwopm:

Now let's hope this thread becomes a sticky in a Mewtwo forum for Smash 4 Characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom