• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
98 pages, everyone. We're almost at 100. And if Mewtwo was a pre-order bonus, sure, I'd be ok with that. As long as he's free DLC later.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Two things. first, I don't know why everyone says that Nintendo doesn't put out paid DLC, they do it all the time. to name a few off the top of my head: FE awakening, New Super Mario bros 2, And PMD Gates to infinity. I think you may be referring to the fact that they usually tease a bit of free DLC if you bought the game at a certain time, but I doubt it because FE Awakening did so as well.

Second, I'm all for trusting this certain leak, but lets refer to all leaks as just what they usually are. I for one still think that the Sal leak is bull**** for several reasons I'd rather not get into an argument on here. So for everyone's sake, even if Falco is conformed, lets not get TOO hype.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Two things. first, I don't know why everyone says that Nintendo doesn't put out paid DLC, they do it all the time. to name a few off the top of my head: FE awakening, New Super Mario bros 2, And PMD Gates to infinity. I think you may be referring to the fact that they usually tease a bit of free DLC if you bought the game at a certain time, but I doubt it because FE Awakening did so as well.

Second, I'm all for trusting this certain leak, but lets refer to all leaks as just what they usually are. I for one still think that the Sal leak is bull**** for several reasons I'd rather not get into an argument on here. So for everyone's sake, even if Falco is conformed, lets not get TOO hype.
I'll happily cling to any reasonable shred of hope.

I think he's getting in one way or another, but yeah.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
"Pre-Order Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at a participating GameStop retailer to receive a download code that'll add the Legendary Pokemon Mewtwo to the battle."

How would you react?
What about the 3DS version? What about us who prefer playing on a handheld? :sadeyes:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
If we had to have DLC with characters (I really don't support it), I'd be happy Mewtwo is in the game if he was a DLC character anyway.

Almost at 100 pages on this thread. :D

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I really don't want to pay for dlc..I'm not even sure if I'm getting any amiibos.I'll probably get Mewtwo though.Also 100 pages!!!!!Letsago!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I really don't want to pay for dlc..I'm not even sure if I'm getting any amiibos.I'll probably get Mewtwo though.Also 100 pages!!!!!Letsago!
Same. I'm cheap, I'll probably just get the game and maybe the gamecube controller adapter lol.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
What about the 3DS version? What about us who prefer playing on a handheld? :sadeyes:
I'm sure if there's DLC it'll be coming to the 3DS as well :p My guess would be that add-on content likely wouldn't be arriving until after the Wii U version of Smash releases though. Which would make sense since a majority of the team will be hard at work doing debug after the 3DS version hits store shelves.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727

I don't care how many grains of salt I have to take trusting a random rumor, I'm gonna be HYPED if they show Falco this week. The odds are slim for obvious reasons but hey if it is real.. it's time for a minor celebration. Then back to hoping it's really real.

PS, If this is real, I hope Nintendo doesn't find out about it and change the reveal.

Last edited:

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
As much as I love Mewtwo, I think it's a tossup whether he's in or not. If he's in, that'll show that Sakurai/Nintendo listens to the fanbase and isn't as stubborn as a lot of people thought they were. If he isn't in, which is just as likely in my opinion, it'll show that Sakurai and the developers don't give a crap about the fanbase's outcries, and sadly that Sakurai makes decisions out of his own selfishness.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It's easy to get one educated guess about the Smash roster right. It's hard to get multiple ones in a row. That's why I believe the Gametsu leak at this point. If Falco is confirmed this week, and Shulk is confirmed somewhere along the line, and we never see Lucas, then it might be time to break out the champagne and cigars.

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
How would everyone feel if they made paid, version-exclusive DLC Mewtwo that can't be played online?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
As much as I love Mewtwo, I think it's a tossup whether he's in or not. If he's in, that'll show that Sakurai/Nintendo listens to the fanbase and isn't as stubborn as a lot of people thought they were. If he isn't in, which is just as likely in my opinion, it'll show that Sakurai and the developers don't give a crap about the fanbase's outcries, and sadly that Sakurai makes decisions out of his own selfishness.
Well Sakurai does listen to his fans. According to this he says:

“The amount of stress I feel, it’s almost to the brink of death,” Sakurai said of designing Smash Bros.’s character roster. “Because it’s not just a matter of me personally thinking this character or that character is going to be in the game; it’s that we also have the game balance, animation, graphics and sound to think about in order to make that character fully fleshed out in that universe. I have to think about all of that when I go through this decision-making process.

“Whether it’s a minor character or a character that is one of the most highly skilled and most played, if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt.

“I think we have to really consider that, so I take a very serious, hard look at that and have empathy for the players who look for these type of characters when we’re making these decisions.”
So that should mean he's aware of the whole Mewtwo situation in the Smash community.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Well Sakurai does listen to his fans. According to this he says:

So that should mean he's aware of the whole Mewtwo situation in the Smash community.
He also went on to address the "Mega Mewtwo in Smash?" question personally while Masuda and co. stood there unsure of how to answer the question back in the X & Y roundtable last year.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
He also went on to address the "Mega Mewtwo in Smash?" question personally while Masuda and co. stood there unsure of how to answer the question back in the X & Y roundtable last year.
Yes exactly. He was just in the audience, from what I remember of the story. He didn't have to say anything but he did.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
It's easy to get one educated guess about the Smash roster right. It's hard to get multiple ones in a row. That's why I believe the Gametsu leak at this point. If Falco is confirmed this week, and Shulk is confirmed somewhere along the line, and we never see Lucas, then it might be time to break out the champagne and cigars.
That's what i'm saying! I'm 100% behind this leak, but lets not party too soon because of a really lucky guess. Anything is possible guys.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I'm not sure if anyone has made this point or not in the thread. So far we have (supposedly) 4 starter Pokemon in the roster already. One of them being Lucario, 1 of the 2 unlockable Pokemon in Brawl. The other Jigglypuff. Why would Sakurai reveal the likes of awesome Pokemon such as Charizard, Lucario, and Greninja and make them starters, yet leave Jigglypuff as the only secret Pokemon? Why not have saved one of those as unlocks along with Jiggs? Making just Jigglypuff as the only unlockable Pokemon would be a major disappointment. Mark my words, Mewtwo will be unlockable with Jigglypuff, it only makes sense.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
One thing I hope is done this time around is tweakig of M2's proportions. His head always looked too big to me.
I actually always liked his Melee design the best. *shrugs* I'm not really a fan of how small his head is in his modern design.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
His Melee design is more based off if his Red/Blue appearance.

This time around I would expect Mewtwo to match up with his more recent design.

Not sure which one I like better.
I would love to see him return with his modern design, as it would make him feel fresh and new again.

Staarih

Smash Master
Yeah, I also thought his head looked quite big in Melee. Not that I bothered much at the time I played the game, but times have changed, and I think I'd rather root for a current look for him now. I guess what that means is basically a smaller head and body to match that = correct proportions. But then again, Mega Mewtwo Y (Mewtwo's likely FS) has a huge head and small body so I don't know haha.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
His Melee design is more based off if his Red/Blue appearance.

This time around I would expect Mewtwo to match up with his more recent design.

Not sure which one I like better.
I would love to see him return with his modern design, as it would make him feel fresh and new again.
I personally like the modern - movie version of Mewtwo. It's less kiddy and more menacing, but in a good way.

KieRanaRan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KieRanaRan
3DS FC
0662-3728-1857
The head thing was something I noticed too when playing Melee recently! I agree his 'newer' look would be best.

Also, just throwing this out there, but Mega evolutions might not be Lucario/Charizard/Mewtwo's final smashes. I think they might be something similar to Little Mac's power meter - something that gradually charges up over time independently? I may well be wrong, but it's just a thought.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The head thing was something I noticed too when playing Melee recently! I agree his 'newer' look would be best.

Also, just throwing this out there, but Mega evolutions might not be Lucario/Charizard/Mewtwo's final smashes. I think they might be something similar to Little Mac's power meter - something that gradually charges up over time independently? I may well be wrong, but it's just a thought.
Oh charizard is definatly final smash the screen was darker when charizard was charizard x

And lucario could be the same scenario with bowser and mac the screen does not darken when the final smash is active.

Staarih

Smash Master
Also, just throwing this out there, but Mega evolutions might not be Lucario/Charizard/Mewtwo's final smashes.
I think Mega Charizard X was confirmed to be Charizard's Final Smash in a daily pic + the trailer of course. No mention of Lucario but I assume it'll be the same, probably for Mewtwo too.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I think Luc will go mega once his Aura hit's max.

With M2? Who knows? Maybe he's a mega to begin with! I'd love to kick some Pokeass with MM2X!

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908

http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day
Week 20, Charizard X was confirmed to be the Final Smash. But I don't think they've elaborated on Lucario any further yet, and honestly, I'd prefer he had a Final Smash that wasn't mega evolution. In Brawl, he got stronger the higher his percentage was. In the Direct, Sakurai said that as Mega Lucario, all of his attacks' power would be maxed. If Mega Lucario isn't Lucario's Final Smash, I assume he'll just mega evolve when he reaches a certain damage percentage.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
http://smashbros-miiverse.com/pic-of-the-day
Week 20, Charizard X was confirmed to be the Final Smash. But I don't think they've elaborated on Lucario any further yet, and honestly, I'd prefer he had a Final Smash that wasn't mega evolution. In Brawl, he got stronger the higher his percentage was. In the Direct, Sakurai said that as Mega Lucario, all of his attacks' power would be maxed. If Mega Lucario isn't Lucario's Final Smash, I assume he'll just mega evolve when he reaches a certain damage percentage.
It's obviously his final smash.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Sugimori's style being what it is I'd imagine the "modern depiction" of Mewtwo is closer to his original vision. Not only did the movie design serve as its original appearance, the yellow version sprite also was altered. By gen 2 his overall appearence was more like the current look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom