• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As cool as that would be, that might be offensive to other franchises (like Metroid who technically has just one rep) though since we're speculating, Blastoise would make for another Bowser character but more projectile, and Blaziken, I'm not sure why he's not in the roster, probably because Charizard's already there. Venusaur.. I don't know how they'd pull that off given he's a giant quadruped lol. I would personally love Zoroark. He already has his own movie, and is pretty much a dark Lucario, except with illusions and mimicry. If there's one Pokemon I'd love to see in this game as a PC other than Mewtwo, it's Zoroark.

Sakurai does seem character-centric this time around, at least on the Wii U version. As others have mentioned, no SSE, so if he spent that extra time making more characters, good for us! I do remember reading a more recent article about how cutting and adding characters is really stressful to him, because he doesn't want to offend fans, so I hope that's at least a minor confirmation that Mewtwo is back at least.
[
Yes sure, it wouldn't be equal representation at all! But in Pokémon's case, it's always been that way. Especially in Brawl, with 6 characters. Mario and Zelda where the front runners in Melee to. And they even got 5 characters, despite DKC, Kirby and Metroid having only one character. Not that that should happen again... But I just was speaking hypothetically. With so much focus on starters all the time, I could see those make it in. Especially Blastoise and Venusaur, now with separate Charizard. I always liked that idea.

Blastoise could be a bit like Bowser, but he should probably be lighter. And focus way more on projectiles, especially the Hydro Pump (which should work like his Pokéball version did in 64 and Melee btw!). He should be a little lighter than DK on the scale, but still a heavy weight. And he should have a powered up version of Squirtle's Side B. I would also really love to see a Blastoise variation of Squirtle's Up Smash!

How Venusaur would work? Well, Ivysaur worked out to. So just imagine him, but a lot bigger, a lot heavier, and with much worse jumps! Quite a lot slower as well. Venusaur should be a real grab-based character. And have very little traction, and mostly focus on it's ground game. He should have Razor Leaf to, but powered up. Bullet Seed should be Solar Beam. Down B should be Poison Powder or something similar. Venusaur should be a staller. Very heavy, with good tether recovery. But absolutely terrible in the air.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Slightly off-topic, discovering that the Mario Kart 8 DLC was free made me feel much better about the possibility of Mewtwo as DLC for Smash 4. I just assume they wouldn't make us pay extra for Mewtwo, who likely required little effort for them to add to the game.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Slightly off-topic, discovering that the Mario Kart 8 DLC was free made me feel much better about the possibility of Mewtwo as DLC for Smash 4. I just assume they wouldn't make us pay extra for Mewtwo, who likely required little effort for them to add to the game.
Depends on how much he was changed because between Lucario and Greninja, it would be offensive (to us mostly) for Mewtwo to stay as he did in Melee. I can see them making Mewtwo a paid DLC if he stays a clone or something along those lines (seeing that Sakurai doesn't want clones), because there's a chance that Mewtwo (or any DLC character) could be overpowered and if he's a paid DLC AND is overpowered, that would be unfair for competitive play, especially in tournaments even if it's just a minor (financial) inconvenience. Free DLC would make more sense. Personally though I highly doubt Mewtwo will be DLC at all, he's gotta be in the main roster, unless for some reason they decided on Mewtwo late and had development issues, which I don't think will be the case since Sakurai's had at least a year to set him up for Smash 4 and at least a few more months to wrap it up for Smash 3DS.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
look closer at the visible picture of greninja, the webbing goes pretty damn close to his finger tips(which I might add, the shadow is also missing the balled ends) but in the shadow, if its as you describe, the webbing wouldnt even get close to his fingers.
If it was completely missing the webbing, the space between the fingers would go much lower and create more of a v-shape than \_/.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Mewtwo being paid DLC...

"Oh, we know he became the most popular requested candidate for Smash worldwide after his absence from Brawl, so we're gonna take advantage of that by making you pay for him".

/easy cash grab
I'd never forgive 'em if that were the case, though you know most including myself would cave in and buy him anyway. There's others that would easily make more sense for being DLC than Mewtwo though, especially if he requires little effort to be added to the game anyway.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I just meant the way he was in Melee, if he was put in Smash 4 exactly the same his moveset would be outdated because Lucario and Greninja pretty much have the same moves. Used differently but not too different like Aura Sphere and Greninja's shadow teleport.

Mewtwo being paid DLC...

"Oh, we know he became the most popular requested candidate for Smash worldwide after his absence from Brawl, so we're gonna take advantage of that by making you pay for him".

/easy cash grab
I'd never forgive 'em if that were the case, though you know most including myself would cave in and buy him anyway. There's others that would easily make more sense for being DLC than Mewtwo though, especially if he requires little effort to be added to the game anyway.
Yeah, sadly I'd pay for Mewtwo as well if that was the only way. I'd protest but in the end it's a no brainer. I wonder if they will go that route, they probably know that by now. Easy cash grab indeed.. If he is a paid DLC, they better make it worth it - without breaking the game of course.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo being paid DLC...

/easy cash grab
yehh, so would I, I hate to admit. Would probably lose all faith in Sakurai for pulling such a dirty move. It's one thing if the character isn't complete and requires some more polish, but another when he's known for so long how requested Mewtwo is and still not bumping him up on the priority list.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ugh, even if Mewtwo is a DLC character I would still pay for him. But I can't see Sakurai doing that.

With Game Freak prioritizing him as one of the top favorite Pokemon in the world, there's no excuse for them to not tell Sakurai to put Mewtwo in this game.

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
Is the MK8 japanese dlc free?
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/06/mercedes_dlc_confirmed_for_mario_kart_8_in_the_west
The Japanese DLC is free, according to this. According to other things I've read, the US and Europe ports are going to be as well, but I don't know how credible those other things are. I don't follow Mario Kart 8 stuff and heard about this initially through Zelda Dungeon on Facebook. But, as the article I linked said, I don't see why they'd make it paid DLC outside of Japan.

As for Mewtwo being DLC, I can't see them doing that either, and just like everyone else has stated, I would hate it, but I would buy it. But I wouldn't be happy about it. Actually, I've got Ike, and Bowser is looking fantastic, and Donkey Kong is looking better, and Sheik's got some new moves, and there's Villager and Rosalina. I'd be fine without buying Mewtwo, especially if he wouldn't be allowed in tournaments.

Don't shun me as a naysayer now. I still very much want him in this game, but if he's paid DLC, I ain't doing it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I could see Mewtwo (and if were lucky Roy) could be DLC. Iike I said before Mewtwo will probably be a Secret Character.

Gnarleysquid

Smash Apprentice
"Pre-Order Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at a participating GameStop retailer to receive a download code that'll add the Legendary Pokemon Mewtwo to the battle."

How would you react?

Last edited:

RockerJay

Smash Cadet
NNID
flutterjay
Guys, DLC or a preorder bonus, etc. wouldn't be as exciting as Mewtwo being a regular character. But at least we would have him in there, and as long as we do, I'm happy.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Guys, DLC or a preorder bonus, etc. wouldn't be as exciting as Mewtwo being a regular character. But at least we would have him in there, and as long as we do, I'm happy.
oo sure, I don't think anyone objects to that. It goes without saying :) But Sakurai/Nintendo using our loyalty to the character as a way of getting more $ would be a pretty despicable practice. Of course, this is all hypothetical; Nintendo has released free DLC in the past. I think the only pay-for-DLC I've heard of are the missions from Fire Emblem: Awakening.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I honestly think the hardest thing Ill have to adjust to with mewtwo in Sm4sh(assuming moveset is the same) is not being able to act out of teleport...thats become such a big part of using mewtwo in PM that I feel weird without it :/

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
"Pre-Order Super Smash Bros. for Wii U at a participating GameStop retailer to receive a download code that'll add the Legendary Pokemon Mewtwo to the battle."
You almost gave me a heart attack. From simultaneous relief and intense anger.

D

Deleted member

Smash Bros. isn't Call of Duty. I'm sure characters won't be given out as preorder bonuses. If there is a preorder bonus at all, I bet it would be a free amiibo or something. As in a free Mario.

Last edited by a moderator:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Man Ive been honing my Smash skills with Mewtwo and I gotta stop until I can get Geforce Shadowplay(game capture) working right otherwise Im gonna miss alot of good moments. Just owned marth on the edge of FD.
I knoiw this is incredibly random, but hey, its mewtwo hype.
-
-
-
WOOP WOOP

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero

How would you react?
I don't know how the hell people are angry with this.

Sure, Mewtwo isn't on the direct roster. However we can get him right away; no waiting months for DLC to come. You would be stupid not to preorder Smash anyway, it'll be sold out for sure. There's no scheme here. It's the same as giving away a stick-on or a plush character with a pre order.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
I don't know how the hell people are angry with this.

Sure, Mewtwo isn't on the direct roster. However we can get him right away; no waiting months for DLC to come. You would be stupid not to preorder Smash anyway, it'll be sold out for sure. There's no scheme here. It's the same as giving away a stick-on or a plush character with a pre order.
Because its using our liking of mewtwo to get an extra buck. Its cheap, and sleezy corporate greed.
also, who says all mewtwo fans can pre-order? What if someones short for cash? What if they have to wait till months after? Its just an inefective way of putting mewtwo into the game. Its greedy, and only satifies the few who pre-order.

Last edited:

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Ok guys look at this

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69503255

It means if we get falco this week it means mewtwo will be added to the sal characters

(Bad news king k rool is deconfirmed if happens.)
Guess its worth rollin with. The 1 Week limit gives us a good enough window. If worst comes to worst(assuming its true) it gets delayed a week, or just gets pushed back, and we're left with the more questions. giving a 1 week headsup is pretty daring, Ill give him that.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336

How would you react?
I already pree-ordered in the gamestop at the mall the $100 GC version

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696

Anyone see this? Saw it on facebook today, lol so mean.

I was also thinking what if Mewtwo has a moveset that's similar to Ness?
Since Lucas is in danger of getting the boot this would work. Also Ness and Lucas use PK powers which is basically psychic abilities right? He also would have a different neutral B to make him different from Lucario and Greninja.

Something like this-
Up B- Teleport (No need to change this)
Down B - Barrier/ Reflect/ Light Screen (Similar to Ness' but just absorbs the damage from a projectile and doesn't heal.)
Side B- Psystrike (Similar to PK fire but launches a burst of psychic energy forward. Doesn't linger like PK fire. )
Neutral B- Future Sight (Similar to PK Flash except it hovers above Mewtwo for a bit and then strikes the nearest opponent. Think Dr. Strange in UMVC3 with his Daggers of Denak move. )

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
False. Mewtwo is not a newcomer, so he won't be added to the Sal Characters. Nowhere in the Sal Leak does it mention Mewtwo.
1. Article mentions the Sal leak, but does not associate it with mewtwo.
2. Article never claimed mewtwo was a newcomer.
3. This article is no more false than the Sal leak, leaks are to be taken with a grain of salt. :p

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
I would be annoyed if Mewtwo was added as DLC but I would still pay for the download. I waited this long for his return, I might as well. It would be worth it anyway. Like what Jay mentioned, I would rather have Mewtwo as DLC then not in the game at all. And honestly, I don't see Mewtwo being kept as a secret character. Its kind of a insult. Mewtwo deserve a reveal. If he isn't revealed before launch, there is a good chance he probably isn't in the game.

D

Deleted member

Theres one way to prove its fake is if falco does not get shown this week, which is very very likely.
The "False" was referring to
It means if we get falco this week it means mewtwo will be added to the sal characters
Which I took as you implying Mewtwo is a newcomer. He is not. This thing is probably false, but we'll never know until Friday passes without a Falco reveal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The "False" was referring to

Which I took as you implying Mewtwo is a newcomer. He is not. This thing is probably false, but we'll never know until Friday passes without a Falco reveal.
Oh right

What i mean't was mewtwo is as likely as the sal leak characters if falco is shown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom