• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extremly EASY method of CGing heavy characters 0-death.

Snare

Smash Lord
Thanks :). And thanks to the person that posted the Dr Pepper thing as well XD.
wheres the celebrate hylian's birthday thread? ;)

and hobblings great, not only does it work really easy, but it's so slow that it completly demoralizes your oponent :chuckle:

Gichan

Smash Champion
okay, (wow, I'm going to get flamed), I am trying to do this and I'm having trouble, everytime I get the footstool I always squall, but I want an ice block to regrab again. Can someone possibly point out what I'm doing wrong?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
At the time you want the Ice Block, you are tilting your control stick to the side causing you to do a squall, when after you footstool, right than let the control stick go back to a neutral position xD

Polar

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to regrab doing this Nana will grab instead of Popo. Is there any way of stopping this?
Edit: This isn't all the time, but it still happens more frequently than I'd like.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Whenever I try to regrab doing this Nana will grab instead of Popo. Is there any way of stopping this?
Edit: This isn't all the time, but it still happens more frequently than I'd like.
TheStig said:
the only thing hard about this cg is timimg the grab right after your opponent gets up
Well, try grabbing a bit late, so you can grab with Popo. Grabbing early makes Nana grab. And I'm sure they won't escape or use a move to get out of when you grab a little late with Popo after they get up... I think.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Snake can still drop a grenade sometimes, unfortunately. =/

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Snake can still drop a grenade sometimes, unfortunately. =/
Only if you don't grab them in time. I did this to several snake players, and while I was doing it they were talking about how to get out of it and mentioned that they couldn't even drop a grenade XD

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
This really doesn't take that long.
Well on it's own yes but combined with some Dthrow to Fairs and then start doing this until they are in smash death range.
I like to get them to the edge and then start doing this until they are in a really vulnerable range for a no throw spike from Nana.
So much simpler than worrying about the timing with alt throws, for me at least.

sToRm07

Smash Cadet
wow, this is amazing man. Good find once again, dang! IC's are going to skyrocket up the list i think lol. My friends already hate them and i havent even used this shizz on them yet! HA. :D

keep up the good work bro.

+10 coolness. :D

Padô

Smash Lord
You guys of the IC boards are demons on CGs If you continue on that rythim you are going to get IC infinites banned

Meese

Smash Cadet
I have a dream of a tier list where all the lil popos and nanas will join hands and due a cute down taunt together in the Top Tier

Little Devil

Smash Cadet
Meh, I tried this on ROB and could do it. Now want to do it on Zelda because I often mess up my altgrabs on her...does it work? Will I have to time it a different way?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Man, it's still hard to beat Snake... but having this CG handy really reduces the stress of CGing him perfectly. Haha.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
UGH! Iv'e been trying to tell you guys this since I showed it to you April 21st!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sToFj4B2hmA

Original Thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=164396

BTW, the only characters who can't DI out of this is are:

Snake, D3, DK, ROB, Ike, PIT, Bowser, Link, Samus, and a few others. and by DII mean DI out of the throw

The reason other characters can DI this is because Nana is to close to them. They're small enough so they can just DI away. if you make Nana walk towards them a little and then do it they can't escape it.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
UGH! Iv'e been trying to tell you guys this since I showed it to you April 21st!

Original Thread:

Snake, D3, DK, ROB, Ike, and PIT, there are others

The reason other characters can DI this is because Nana is to close to them. They're small enough so they can just DI away. if you make Nana walk towards them a little and then do it they can't escape it.
Hahaha you came up with like half the ICs CGs.
Do you play them anymore?

CrayZ

Smash Rookie
I can't see DDD EVER beating IC's now LOL. DDD is disadvantaged vs IC's even without CGing. Now I can do it 100% without fail?

LOL GG DDD.

:p.
If that were true with Wario i would be happy XD. one of the reasons i use IC. To counter a DDD.

Kage Me

Smash Ace

Original Thread:

Snake, D3, DK, ROB, Ike, PIT, Bowser, Link, Samus, and a few others.
Charizard can't DI out of it either. I'm not too sure about Wario and Yoshi, but they're possible... They're heavier than R.O.B., after all.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Charizard can't DI out of it either. I'm not too sure about Wario and Yoshi, but they're possible... They're heavier than R.O.B., after all.
You're Right, it works on them to. To test all you have to do is do the chain grab while a friend playing the other character holds the control stick away

swordgard

Smash Hero
People need to stop thinking this is gonna make ics overpowered. Chaingrabbing is arguably the easiest thing there is to learn with ics, at this point any good ice climbers should be able to do 70% or so at least every grab. This does not change the metagame at all. its a nice discovery and an alternate chaingrab, which happens to be too slow at low % to use because people will get out of it. We need to start looking for other things than new ways of doing what we already can.

sToRm07

Smash Cadet
People need to stop thinking this is gonna make ics overpowered. Chaingrabbing is arguably the easiest thing there is to learn with ics, at this point any good ice climbers should be able to do 70% or so at least every grab. This does not change the metagame at all. its a nice discovery and an alternate chaingrab, which happens to be too slow at low % to use because people will get out of it. We need to start looking for other things than new ways of doing what we already can.
ya, i have been thinking about this too actually. I know for myself, i sometimes concentrate FAR too much about getting my opponent into an IC CG, they punish me for it.

Grabs are nice, but they really hurt when you become upcessed with getting one!

doing this footstool grab to an ice block lock is fun. =D

didn't IC's actually drop on the tier list v. 2.0? :/ not cool.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Uhm, we know this doesn't change the metagame, because we were trying to find some more CGs so other people can do it easier... if this topic wasn't made as a reminder then some people are just going to practice altgrabbing Snake and the other heavies that are hard to CG for the rest of their lives. xD

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Uhm, we know this doesn't change the metagame, because we were trying to find some more CGs so other people can do it easier... if this topic wasn't made as a reminder then some people are just going to practice altgrabbing Snake and the other heavies that are hard to CG for the rest of their lives. xD
Snake's a piece of cake. I can consistently altgrab him towards the nearest edge, at which point is's just a matter of throw-meteor.

If you could find an easy way to altgrab Meta Knight, that'd be great ^_^;

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Snake's a piece of cake. I can consistently altgrab him towards the nearest edge, at which point is's just a matter of throw-meteor.

Alternate b-throw can work on MK... or b-throw to d-throw, and since he's lightweight, he should be easy to b-throw.
Oh and I said OTHER people, ya know. :p Lulz.

Snail

Smash Lord

I think Bthrow->Dthrow repeats are the easiest on lightweight characters like MK. It can be a little difficult to get the Dthrow right after 120% or so, but by then you should be able to Upsmash them to death anyway O.o

nasir123

Smash Ace
hylian we all know that works and i am just pointing out that when you frab the opponent the frames which u were doing it in they could have gotten out of it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If you don't like it or it's "too slow", then don't use it. Simple as that.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What actually affects the difficulty of this chaingrab? "Mass", "gravity", or a combination of the two?
It's how long the throw animation is for these characters. For lighter ones you would have to jump well before you threw them backwards and try to aim nana into foolstooling them. With heavies you can just mash X right as you backthrow and it's timed for you.

Top Bottom