• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extremly EASY method of CGing heavy characters 0-death.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Characters the Bthrow to Footstool to Ice Block combo is easiest to do on:

:snake: Snake

:rob: R.O.B

:wolf: Wolf

:samus2: Samus

:warioc: Wario (Of course)

:link2: Link

:dedede: King Dedede

Video of it being performed on Snake, R.O.B, and Wolf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_-cu0rXd8
R.O.B is probably the easiest out of one of them, or are they all equal? z.z

I just did this on B0mb's Dedede and it worked. :chuckle: But I didn't get a chance to KO him because I accidentally used f-tilt instead of charging the f-smash.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I didn't put them in any particular order. ^^;

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I love you, babe. <3

It's so painfully slow through. Also, try the squall Variant on Boozer
Yeah, I mess up with it because it takes so long to actually get them to kill percentage. -__-;

I don't wanna do 9 damage every 6 seconds.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Try walking forward some so nana doesn't grab them Kawaii :p.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I should start playing this character more considering all I've done with them XD.

Teh Future

Smash Master
god ice climbers are so gay lol.

Seriously though it looks really escapable if your facing anyone decent that knows how to escape grabs because you have to wait until after nana jumps to bthrow/footstool.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Seriously though it looks really escapable if your facing anyone decent that knows how to escape grabs because you have to wait until after nana jumps to bthrow/footstool.
Uh... Nana jumps BEFORE Popo makes a throw, so she'll jump right away after Popo throws. If Nana jumped after the b-throw, it will probably mess up completely.

:p

Teh Future

Smash Master
Uh... Nana jumps BEFORE Popo makes a throw, so she'll jump right away after Popo throws.
thats what I said lrn2rd por favor.

Look at the video. There's like 5 seconds from when you grab the person to when you actually throw them. easily escapable at low percentages unless the person in the video isn't performing it correctly.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
thats what I said lrn2rd por favor.

Look at the video. There's like 5 seconds from when you grab the person to when you actually throw them. easily escapable at low percentages unless the person in the video isn't performing it correctly.
Actually, I just did it really slow because it's being done online, and because people actually need to see what I'm doing. Last minute recording FTW~

btw, it's like a 2.5 second stop between the grabs. I counted.

Teh Future

Smash Master
I understand that you're wait a little bit to even go through the motions, but Im saying you can't do it instantly even if you have the timing down, because you have to wait until nana is in the air before you can throw, which should make it escapable at lower percentages.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I understand that you're wait a little bit to even go through the motions, but Im saying you can't do it instantly even if you have the timing down, because you have to wait until nana is in the air before you can throw, which should make it escapable at lower percentages.
It is escapable at lower percentages, but we always have to build up damage first or just do d-throw -> Nana spike twice then hobble. :chuckle:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
hes just restating this cg again. GodisMyRock invented this cg :)
I think he's reffering to my methods of doing them. Just like how I was the first one to point out that you can backthrow from nana to popo without pivoting. We used to think you had to pivot lol.

liverymen

Smash Apprentice
personally I stopped all forms of hobbling because they don't work on any slope. This means it will not work on yoshi's island.... Hopefully I'm wrong, I haven't hobbled in a while.

shock505

Smash Cadet
This is what i wrote on my vids comments.

"This chain grab is mainly a loophole on tournaments that have banned cg's, as in only allowed to do 3 in a row or something like that."

"lol and yeh, alot of ic mains say this is so easy"

Since im not that knowledgable about ic's and tournys (>_<) anything im guessing thats what it is useful for.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I used this against several snake players the other day. It worked perfect and I got them 0-death every stock :).

Kage Me

Smash Ace
How relevant.

I tried this in Training earlier today, against Dedede. He seems capable of escaping it at around 200%, though that may have been just slip-ups on my part.
...Getting to 200% with this is pretty neat, though.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I was lookin at this and i thought...couldn't you shorthop footstool with nana into reverse neutral-b (smash control stick to the way popo's facing and return to neutral position before pressing B) into ice block lock? All the way across the stage? Then regrab with popo and do it all again?

that would make it ridiculously easy, flashy, much quicker and less tedious...not to mention super effective

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I was lookin at this and i thought...couldn't you shorthop footstool with nana into reverse neutral-b (smash control stick to the way popo's facing and return to neutral position before pressing B) into ice block lock? All the way across the stage? Then regrab with popo and do it all again?

that would make it ridiculously easy, flashy, much quicker and less tedious...not to mention super effective
Mabye you can, but than who would want to Ice Block lock them if you can just do it over again? IC blocking isn't that effective as opposed to doing this repeadidly over.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
With this method, it takes long... Really long, more longer than just regularly CGing them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Thanks :). And thanks to the person that posted the Dr Pepper thing as well XD.

Top Bottom