• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extremly EASY method of CGing heavy characters 0-death.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ok, this isn't new at all. A lot of you know about this. You just don't know how EASY it is. It's a form of Hobbling in which you backthrow to footstool your opponent.

Ok now get this. You can do this with 100% consistancy EASILY without fear of tripping on all the heavy characters. It's easier then dthrow fair. I'm serious.

Let's use...Rob.

Ok so go to training and pick Rob as your opponent. Grab him and while your holding him start MASHING X to jump. Right after the first button press of X back throw him and keep holding backwards. Keep mashing X this whole time. Nana will auto-footstool rob EVERY TIME. All you have to do is mash X right before you Bthrow then keep holding backwards and mashing X until nana footstools. Then start mashing B to buffer an Ice Block. When that comes out it forces the get-up animation so you can regrab.

I cannot stress how easy this is. Go practice it RIGHT NOW. Lots of IC players have trouble CGing heavy characters and this will let you do it 100%. I tested it on Snake/DDD/Rob/Bowser/Ganondorf/Wario. I couldn't get it to work with characters like MK though.. you have to actually time those. For the heavy characters you don't need any timing.

Go try it out :p.

Edit:

Video of Kawaii_Bunny doing this ONLINE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW_-cu0rXd8

Hype

Smash Lord
Hylain you've done it again.

Edit: This is so easy, you've just taken the skill out of CG heavy weights. I expect IC's to move up the tier list after this.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Yeah, footstool jump CGs ****. I wish they did damage at a faster rate (unless I'm trying to run the timer out, which I actually do on some of the really dumb levels, lol), but I'm always happy with easy inescapable stuff. =)

Hype

Smash Lord
...And this doesn't take any different timing for different characters becuse your just mashing, therefore making it way easier than Dthrow > Fair.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I just told them to start doing this in that Snake thread. xD

It does a number on characters like Wolf, ROB, Bowser, Dedede, and Snake.

Go learn this now.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't see DDD EVER beating IC's now LOL. DDD is disadvantaged vs IC's even without CGing. Now I can do it 100% without fail?

LOL GG DDD.

:p.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Near an edge at about 50% onwards it's fun to Popo dthrow->Nana footstool->Popo bair stagespike.

Anyways, can someone compile a list of characters this works on?

Thanks Hylian. This... rocks.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Gimme about 30 minutes for the video. Doing this online is effin' stupid. -_-

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gimme about 30 minutes for the video. Doing this online is effin' stupid. -_-
Hahaha you are doing it online?'

SOOOOO EASY.
XD.

<3.

The best part about this is that they can't limit it with the Alt grab limit XD.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Another thing about this is that it's not an infinite. At 230% your opponent will start to freeze and be popped way up in an ice block. I was trying to do it to 999% XD.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Just did, and wow, it's pretty easy. But it only does 9% each and it takes a witty bitty long, but it's worth it.
And it works on Snake? Woah, now I got an easy way to CG him! ^-^ Thanks Hylian. (:

Edit...
It works on Samus too. .-.
It also works on Link.

Eh, wait, do Link and Samus counts as heavy weight characters? *Tries it so some middle-heavy weights*

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It works on almost everyone, some are just easier than others.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It works on almost everyone, some are just easier than others.
Yeah you actually have to time it for Marth and MK. The easy one is for the heavies :p.

Samus and Link are pretty heavy.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm really really tired. I'll put the video up tommorow. -_-;

Chaco

Never Logs In
Good stuff Hylian. I heard Bunny talking about this a few days ago, seems really good.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I remember trying to learn this when it was first discovered. Got it down in like 10 minutes but never applied it. D:
I was so desperate to find a easy way to CG ROB I forced myself to learn this. xD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
dont work on bowser some odd reason he can get up attack or roll away.
No it does you just have to make sure to buffer the Ice Block. I had a lot of trouble making him stand up >_<.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
dont work on bowser some odd reason he can get up attack or roll away.
Same with DK. Me and the guy that's uploading were just discussing this. It's weird how he falls, so that might have something to do with it.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty cool.
One problem tho.
I was trying this on DK briefly, and when I try to buffer an IB, all I get is Nana shooting an IB OVER DK (usually missing him completely), and Popo doesn't have time to shoot one before DK can move.

What am I doing wrong???
(I only had time to try this on DK...)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good thing all you need to do is alt blizz against DK >_>.

XD.

meepxzero

Smash Master
u can shoot two ice blocks if u wanna raise dmg between grabs, but it only works on some characters (only two that come to mind for me and ive tested that works is snake and rob). DDD i dont think it works.

lain

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess I should start incorporating this. Hobbling is just like cg'ing, so why care lol.

Good shiet.

:colorful:

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
This is way too epic :3 Hylain deserves a Dr Pepper from Santa <3

This is pretty cool.
One problem tho.
I was trying this on DK briefly, and when I try to buffer an IB, all I get is Nana shooting an IB OVER DK (usually missing him completely), and Popo doesn't have time to shoot one before DK can move.

What am I doing wrong???
(I only had time to try this on DK...)
Maybe you're still hanging onto the control stick after you footstooled him? You didn't buffer the Ice Block fast enough? I have no clue... -.-

Top Bottom