• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
ok
big problems for me
my fingers slip up a lot or something and i input a lot of things i shouldn't be

sometimes i will up b when i want to missile
sometimes i will bomb when i want to missile

sometimes i will jump in the air when i'm supposed to be wavedashing

just yesterday my right hand literally fell OFF the controller completely

as you can imagine this causes a lot of terrible things to happen
i don't know how prevent these things
i guess boring repetition of those things?
i guess my tech skill just needs some brushing up :(

help?

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
I don't know it just happened mid match
i think i wanted to wave dash back really fast and i overshot the y button somehow o_O

Andymosity

Smash Journeyman
hahah, that used to happen to me a lot too alfredo. To fix these annoying mal-inputs, I would just pick a random neutral stage and just improvise on it for as long as you can. Kinda like the tech skill videos, but just do that over and over trying really hard to execute the exact sequence of moves that you want. This helps because you begin to mix up a lot of combinations of moves, so you get your fingers used doing moves in a sequence that they might've not done before. Try it out :)

Btw guys, I've won two Santa Barbara tournaments in a row with samus. I feel really proud to be able to succeed with samus, just wanted to let my fellow samus mains know.

ATTN: THREE (3)

How did your MM's go man?

resTy

Smash Champion
Is the Uair-canceling technique a necessity or do you guys not even use it a lot? I don't really know too much about it honestly. What's the advantage of doing it, mainly from the ledge?

Geist

Smash Master
It's a cool trick, but not a necessity. It presents an extra option to get back to the ledge, plus if you do it right you can snap to the stage and Fsmash while still in full invincibility.

@Andymosity, good **** dude :D
You get any matches recorded?

painlord k11

Smash Journeyman
being awsome friends with edge and seeing his samus so much has made me start playing samus a little tad for ****s and giggles. I'm horrible but i do hilarious stuff sometimes. you can get hella creative with samus or you can be dull like hugz and win lol.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
It's a cool trick, but not a necessity. It presents an extra option to get back to the ledge, plus if you do it right you can snap to the stage and Fsmash while still in full invincibility.

@Andymosity, good **** dude :D
You get any matches recorded?
Even with practice I can;t get it off, is there a good method to using it?

Geist

Smash Master
Not really, just practice uairing when you're about halfway through the plat or close to being level to the ledge.
It helps if you use a visual reference too, like I use her shoulders to judge when to use it.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
being awsome friends with edge and seeing his samus so much has made me start playing samus a little tad for ****s and giggles. I'm horrible but i do hilarious stuff sometimes. you can get hella creative with samus or you can be dull like hugz and win lol.
Oh hey it's my bff

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
Is the Uair-canceling technique a necessity or do you guys not even use it a lot? I don't really know too much about it honestly. What's the advantage of doing it, mainly from the ledge?
Lovage told me it's not practical unless you get the frame perfect one that gives you no lag
otherwise it's better just to wavedash on

on platforms anyways
i dunno about from the ledge

Pi

Smash Hero
it's practical, for sure.
both to get back onto the stage and to use it on platforms as a chase

how'd my MM's go? i ended up down like 80$
only played like...here let me add them up
lovage fox
eggm fox
falco
yoshi
kaostar m2
phish it dk
plank sheik
marth
vanz sheik
peach
jiggs
falco
marth
ylink (and maybe fox?)
linguini sheik
fox
no cash marth
vish cfalc
nando cfalc
trikrom cfalc

yea those

i won vs. vanz marth, plank marth, no cash marth, eggm yoshi

i think next time i'll do this i'll put a 5$ cap instead, since vanz took 40$ and eggm took 15 lol

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
It's definitely practical, it's the fastest way to get on the stage from the edge. The window for doing it isn't too bad, just feels awkward at first. Once you get used to it you don't need to look at anything you can just do it from the timing.

Pluplue

Smash Ace
it's practical, for sure.
both to get back onto the stage and to use it on platforms as a chase

how'd my MM's go? i ended up down like 80$
only played like...here let me add them up
lovage fox
eggm fox
falco
yoshi
kaostar m2
phish it dk
plank sheik
marth
vanz sheik
peach
jiggs
falco
marth
ylink (and maybe fox?)
linguini sheik
fox
no cash marth
vish cfalc
nando cfalc
trikrom cfalc

yea those

i won vs. vanz marth, plank marth, no cash marth, eggm yoshi

i think next time i'll do this i'll put a 5$ cap instead, since vanz took 40$ and eggm took 15 lol
still don't understand why you did all those mms... Was the tourney fun though?

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Not really, just practice uairing when you're about halfway through the plat or close to being level to the ledge.
It helps if you use a visual reference too, like I use her shoulders to judge when to use it.
The platform version I was using before I even knew it was a technique, just for fun. But the ledge just has a weird timing that I can't even seem to feel out.

I just want to do an invincible F-Smash at least once.:(

Rohins: Any videos of you performing it?

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I'm looking for my recording device, I'll make a vid for you. Phanna has some vids of me using it matches but he's been saving the clips for compilation vids.

Edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOvukD-tKwY

I still can't find my PVT so I recorded it with my camera.
Good ish. The clackin' SFXs is like music to my ears.:bee:

Thanks, I'm a visual learner so this comes in handy.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_XTkdbL3Tw Really good 3rd match, your vivacity was impressive considering the matchup and the player!

DarrellD

Smash Ace
Im coming to Washington to learn **** from Rohins. Hes to fast to be called a samus main

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Okay guys..
What the FVCK do I do against marths that don't approach?
I usually just missle and nair when they try to dodge the missles.
I'm sick of losing to marths I shouldn't lose to.
LASKJDLAKSDJLAKSDJ

Geist

Smash Master
Be annoying. Make him think you're approaching but just kinda just hang back there just out of reach. Eventually he'll want to take a swat at you, and that's where spacing comes in.
Learn your spacinggggg
Leeeaaarrrrnn it
Beeeeeee the samus

If you can't space marth in your sleep, you're doing it wrong.

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys..
What the FVCK do I do against marths that don't approach?
I usually just missle and nair when they try to dodge the missles.
I'm sick of losing to marths I shouldn't lose to.
LASKJDLAKSDJLAKSDJ
I think I remember reading a post about grabs and dash attacks being the key to the Marth matchups, weird as it sounds, haha. Don't take my word for it though.

But yeah be really careful with your spacing, don't go into the air, he'll want you there. If you're up there, make it your highest priority to get down. Trick him using bombs or similar. Abuse your survivability - Marth has a really tough time killing you with anything that isn't a (sweetspotted) fsmash or Dolphin Slash. So yeah, be patient and defensive, look out for opportunities, you kill him a lot faster than he kills you.

At least that's my experience, I'm not sure how accurate all of it is as we don't have too many Marth mains around here.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
The platform version I was using before I even knew it was a technique, just for fun. But the ledge just has a weird timing that I can't even seem to feel out.

I just want to do an invincible F-Smash at least once.:(

Rohins: Any videos of you performing it?
The Prime is the one who showed me, and taught me how to do it...Im pretty sure Rohins taught him b4 he left WA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjvnM-Cl5Gg

@ :55 seconds in you can see him doing the upair perfect land into a jab from the edge. Alot of characters have this to some degree, basically the body flips around and puts your character model into the ground, when done perfectly you havent done a move in which u wouldnt have to L cancel because you hitbox never came out and ...you just landed only having 4 frames of lag which is the same as just landing with an empty jump. M2 can also do it going up through a platform just for another example.

Every character doesnt have to do it with upair tho, like falco can use dair in some places

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I just realized that I've been accidentally Moonwalking quite a few times when I do a SWD and try to turn around to grab the ledge. That's cool, but I wouldn't mind learning how to do it manually.

I need to practice that Uair ledge cancel to the point of mastery. From the looks of it, it would really help surviving the ledge vs Falco/Marth/Shiek/Peach.

Top Bottom