• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
wd back utilt
don't attack her shieldddddd
don't grab
U-Tilt isn't safe.

Attacking her shield can be good if you use CC Jabs then run the hell away to bait something.

Grabbing is only useful whilst having a Charge Shot.

The main thing is using you're Foward, Down/Forward, and Up/Forward Tilts! Also not approaching Jiggs when she's in her Bair groove, unless you want to die.

Geist

Smash Master
U-Tilt isn't safe.
Why do you say that?
If Jiggs is spamming aerials and you wd back into utilt Jiggs can't really do anything if she wants to hit you except trade hits. If it's poorly spaced she can work her way around it but imo it works better for footsies than ftilts.

Violence

Smash Lord
Why do you say that?
If Jiggs is spamming aerials and you wd back into utilt Jiggs can't really do anything if she wants to hit you except trade hits. If it's poorly spaced she can work her way around it but imo it works better for footsies than ftilts.
Take it from someone who's been ***** by HBox before.

This does not work.

At all.

Ever.

Period.

Even with perfect timing and spacing, Puff will outspace you.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
Hbooooooooooxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Listen to Violence.

You have to understand most of the reasons why Samus gets away with laggy, low-average priority moves is because of the illusion of pressure, but if you look at the frame data barely anything she has in her arsenal is truly safe.

For years I would spam D-Smash against mid-level Falconss simply because they didn't know that they could punish me with a Knee OoS, once they figured it out the match became even gayer.

Heck, Kniht/ 3 didn't even know you could Shield-Grapple Down Smash versus another Samus. U-Tilt can be WD grabbed, Fair'd, or Rested by Jiggz. Luckily, few Jiggs players know this or can execute it fearlessly.

That's why M2K can **** HugS, because he knows precisely when to attack when a move ends.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Using more than 1 jab on jiggs' shield isn't safe. The beginning of jiggs' jump animation she squishes and is under the jab. She has time to rest you before your jab animation is done. You can throw the jabs out with weird timing so they don't get the easy rest but if you have a habit where you throw X canceled jabs on a shield then do something else they get another free rest option :/

Violence

Smash Lord
I think my biggest advice is to stay very mobile, and poke with ftilt. Unlike other matchups, your ooS options are more limited vs Jiggs, so be mindful when you shield.

Moving toward Jiggs with an aerial with intent to hit her at any point, at all, will get you bair train'd. Thanks for playin.

But after playing HBox, I can say cheerfully that I don't think the matchup's our worst matchup, nor do I think Jiggs advantage is huge.

Disrupting her spacing with missiles is key, I think. She can aerial through them, but at that point, she's not considering the space as much and you can use that opportunity to your advantage.

Keep in mind the rhythm that the Jiggs uses to aerial. Bairing the air clears space and pressures, but it has a distinct rhythm that you can use to get in and poke for an opening.

In general, just try to play gayer than the Jiggs. Forcing your way usually leads to getting *****.

Do not attack Jiggs shield, and be careful of the bair train.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
I continue to agree with Violence. The Jiggs matchup is pretty gay, but not impossible, thanks to Charge Shot and weight advantage.

The best thing for Samus (like with all her matchups) is to maintain a lead, once you're acquire that then you can turtle to your heart's content, and force Jiggs to do risky stuf for a percentage trade. The best part is that Samus is heavy so on low %s mashing out Nair/D-Tilt or Smash for a quick trade will eventually wear Jiggz down.

Just gotta be patient.

I just wish I could do the for the Falcon matchup...

Pluplue

Smash Ace
I think my biggest advice is to stay very mobile, and poke with ftilt. Unlike other matchups, your ooS options are more limited vs Jiggs, so be mindful when you shield.

Moving toward Jiggs with an aerial with intent to hit her at any point, at all, will get you bair train'd. Thanks for playin.

But after playing HBox, I can say cheerfully that I don't think the matchup's our worst matchup, nor do I think Jiggs advantage is huge.

Disrupting her spacing with missiles is key, I think. She can aerial through them, but at that point, she's not considering the space as much and you can use that opportunity to your advantage.

Keep in mind the rhythm that the Jiggs uses to aerial. Bairing the air clears space and pressures, but it has a distinct rhythm that you can use to get in and poke for an opening.

In general, just try to play gayer than the Jiggs. Forcing your way usually leads to getting *****.

Do not attack Jiggs shield, and be careful of the bair train.
I agree with missiling to throw him off, but approaching with neutral air WONT get you bair trained. If youre both on the ground and you come down on jiggly with a fast falled neutral air he can only wave dash back or shield, and wavedash back is slow so you have time to shield. If he tries to hit you while youre falling on him, it will inevitably be a trade. I always seem to get bair trained when I wavedash out of shield at the wrong time.

True that on the "finding the rhythm". It's so damn hard to find it though...

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
True that on the "finding the rhythm". It's so damn hard to find it though...
I don't go by sight when it comes to the rhythm, I go by sound. Bair's hitbox is too janky to go by visual data.

Just listen to the *THWUMP!* sound effect and you will feel da beat!:cool:

Desh

Smash Ace
Dear bren, idk why I can't refer to you as anything else.
Where you at currentlah?

edit:Sorry this is totally not a social area. Message a man yoooo

AntoPark

Smash Lord
What do you guys do against aggressive marths that like to control the center of the stage?
wd OoS and shenanigans like that?

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I need to do it.
Or else I'll never be able to get my Poke Flute. =(
I will miss you buddy...

Violence

Smash Lord
@Plup

In my experience, if I come down with a nair such that a normal character can wavedash back to avoid it, Jiggs can sh away and come back with a bair that leads into a bair train. They can't challenge our nair outright, but they can easily avoid it and hit right after it ends.

Pi

Smash Hero
@Plup

In my experience, if I come down with a nair such that a normal character can wavedash back to avoid it, Jiggs can sh away and come back with a bair that leads into a bair train. They can't challenge our nair outright, but they can easily avoid it and hit right after it ends.
comes down to prediction
if they predict or see what you are doing, then they can react accordingly 100% of the time

there are counters to damn near everything in this game, apart from true combo's, but in most cases you can make it so that they -have- to guess, and you can change it up so their guess is wrong

Top Bottom