• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
my bro'x mewtwo has no problem getting thru my missiles. the one your playing must be totally different.
Lites correct. Mewtwo should never be gettin hit by samus missiles, powershield, triangle dj or teleport thru them.

Samus is slow in the air and has no aerial approach and projectiles are ineffective.

you have to play a tilt game, mewtwo can hang but he isnt as good bcuz his startup frames of his WD are lower.

Since upthrow isnt effected by weight you can **** samus up at just over percent on FD. like 95 with no DI, like 103 perfect DI.

just ban DL nair oos and it should be all good. Samus barely beats m2 if at all.

Geist

Smash Master
I didn't know M2s upthrow wasn't affected by weight.
Sweet lol

just ban DL nair oos and it should be all good. Samus barely beats m2 if at all.
Wait, were you talking about Nair just barely beating M2, or Samus in general?
Because Samus has a pretty favorable matchup

Edit: I've seen DJC nair break through missiles too, now that I think about it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I didn't know M2s upthrow wasn't affected by weight.
Sweet lol

Wait, were you talking about Nair just barely beating M2, or Samus in general?
Because Samus has a pretty favorable matchup

Edit: I've seen DJC nair break through missiles too, now that I think about it.
Upthrow is fall speed only, of course the time it takes to throw is affected by weight, but kill% is fall speed. Falco is the highest puff lowest

Only the last hit breaks missiles, so thats why you have to djc the nair because upon landing it induces the last hitbox.

samus in gen

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Taj showed me once that M2 can also dodge head level missiles by dtilting. He'll just spin his head out of the 2D plane of the game as the missile shoots by, matrix style.

Also uair does not combo into grab, because the early hits have almost no hitstun, and the last hit sends people away. The early fair hits pop characters up and have actual hitstun (especially on high damage fast fallers), so you can grab out of the air afterwards.

And it is a legit combo. You can't prove whether or not an opponent was still in hitstun when you grab, because the training mode combo meter resets on grabs. But, grab comes out in 18 frames, and I've gotten fair -> standing super missile (which comes out in 22 frames) to show up as consecutive hits, clearly proving that a standing grab would have combo'd then too.

Geist

Smash Master
No, I know Fair to grab is a true combo and Uair isn't.
I just have a hard on for Uair.

I'm going to try this at my biweekly tomorrow on actual opponents instead of computers.

Taj is legit as ****.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
yeah that kinda cool i remember my brother hacking the melee thingy and we saw all the kinds of stuff that do that matrix thing,.

Geist

Smash Master
I've always wanted to get the action replay codes for visible hitboxes and record them.
This idea keeps popping up every once and a while on the boards, and every time it does the person who attempts to do it never bothers finishing.

It honestly does not seem that difficult.

I know it wouldn't be super practical, but it would be awesome just the same.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i had trouble recreating this fair grab thing
if someone could kindly demonstrate???
jason???

if not then i guess i'll try it some more til i get it i guess

Pi

Smash Hero
i had trouble recreating this fair grab thing
if someone could kindly demonstrate???
jason???

if not then i guess i'll try it some more til i get it i guess
Sure I'll set up my stream 1 sec

BTW
SHFFM is mad legit, got a chance to use it in some real matches
totally throws people off.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Got dammit, I go outta my way to try to make a bunch of bs up and you guys are ****ing gay. I hate samus and its a bad matchups.

****ing stupid.

matrix dtilting is tight tho.

Edit:I was talking about the m2 vs samus discussion

Geist

Smash Master
Got dammit, I go outta my way to try to make a bunch of bs up and you guys are ****ing gay. I hate samus and its a bad matchups.
lol <3

Dammit i missed the live stream :[

Sometimes I hesitate with SHFFMC in real matches.
Totally throws me off.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I use super wave dash almost every match atleast 3 times per game. Anyway do this kind of stuff? i love super wavedash.

Geist

Smash Master
It almost seems like I can either do SWD or SHFFMC, never both.

Also, I tried to implement fair>grab into some real matches today. I only landed it a few times, generally just because you can never just walk up to someone and hit a fair.
At the times that I was open for the option it worked really well, but it felt more situational then it should have.
vs some characters, marth *cough* the grab isn't worth the risk.

Overall, I would use this anytime my opponent falls for a fair, but I would never approach with the intent to do it.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
its so cool cuz when you swd the opponent like chuckles or something and while he is distracted you like grab him or something and then he like fumbles the controller, spills his drink, and says "OH SHI - BLEEP "
and next thing you hear is "...winner : Samus! *crowd cheers* " and the opponent is like super mad with soda dripping from his face and he punches the screen only to realize that he just hurt himself really badly and everyone is watching him and the whole room is silent he just storms out of the room all angry.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
they just react to it and then proceed to go after me
i hate doing it sometimes cuz i will do the super ****ing long one and just end up grabbing the ledge on the other side
effectively doing nothing
cuz now i'm on the ledge
sure she's kinda good at recovering from the ledge
but it's a ***** anyways

Pi

Smash Hero
There we go.

Against a lower tier it wouldn't be so bad.
People who know how to gimp samus do it so easily.
Yea
There are times where you're pretty safe, like if they're trying to space far enough away

Even without it though samus has so much **** from the edge
all the standard stuff, get up, get up attack, ledge jump, dj attack, B, smash missile, aerial intrupt, wavedash, i'm gonna start bomb dashing on people who are too close, people should be afraid to come near the edge when samus is there.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
I dunno about you guys but your forgetting one of samus's fundamentals.

Grab ledge, jump, change into zero suit samus for a split second and flash the opponent, get back onto stage.

What this does is stun the opponent for a whopping 3 minutes, and also giving you the ability to talk like the narrator.

After the match is done, your opponent MUST buy you chinese food, with aw3some sauce.
No, no, not awesome sauce, but aw3some sauce. The difference is subtle but big.

Top Bottom