• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Pi

Smash Hero
lolol

but in all seriousness

when is it better to b-up to recover rather then grapple, and vice versa?
In my book grapple takes priority over UB whenever possible since it's auto SS

The only time I'll UB instead of grapple when I have the option is if my opponent is off the map with me, trying to hit me, I'll UB them.

resTy

Smash Champion
I UpB more because grapple is hella predictable.
Plus, if I grapple and it doesn't sweet spot when it actually should and I get hit, I'm dead meat.
I dunno, I just find the UpB more reliable because if you don't suck, you should be able to sweet spot all day and then they can't do spit :')
But Imma scrub so meh.

To answer the question though, UpB if you're confident that they won't edgehog you.
That's usually the only time I will [want to] use grapple.

Geist

Smash Master
I use my screw attack first most of the time. I'll go for grapple if I can't make the recovery with UpB or if whoever I'm facing is in proper ****** position for screw attack.
Grapple can be very useful sweetspotting the ledge against a marth who's too chicken**** to leap off the ledge. You know those marths. *dtilt dtilt dtilt dtilt*

Just for whatever the situation calls for. The more you play, the easier it gets to figure out which one's more appropriate.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
i suppose i suppose.
ok so...

Half charge shot or full charge shot?

which is better?

I personally like half charge shot (or 90% charged) because it doesnt make the opponent play like a turtle, and always ready for the shot.

resTy

Smash Champion
A fully charged Samus is a happy Samus.
The blast is huge, which is my reasoning for it being better xD.
Bigger is always better, bruh!

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i've asked people about the threat of a charge shot affecting their play
they say they don't think about it
especially since you can probably just shoot a missile too

i like shooting non-fully charged shots too because sometimes they don't expect me to shoot those

Pi

Smash Hero
I like shooting charged shots out of tumble right before I land if they're approaching from the ground
it gets people who don't know combo's on samus

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i say we distort the MU chart to negatively reflect samus

that way when people play against her, they will play with arrogance if they "know" the MU

Geist

Smash Master
lmao
I hold charge shot all the time. Not many people really react when they see it charged up, but there's still a tiny bit of phychiological stress. In some people its really obvious lol
I play a doc, and when I have my charge beam full, he capes ALL day. Its funny because I usually only use it during hitstun anyways.

Watty

Smash Lord
any1 ever dne down tilt to jump cancel up smash to forward smash? its pretty sexy

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Doesnt fully charged shot take more time to shoot then unfully charged ones?
Making it more predicable and more doge-it-more-able?
And lets Dr.Marios, Foxes, and Falcos more time to reflect it?
And make you go apeshet and bash your head against the wall?

Pi

Smash Hero
Charge Shot

Total time to get full charge: 140

Starts charging: 14
Window for shooting charging shot:
14-132

--if you fire while charging--
Shot comes out on frame 2
30 frames of lag

--When you stop charging--
Shield: 8 frames of lag
Roll: happens immediately (frame 1)

--if you fire midair or full shot--
shot comes out on frame 15
29 frames of lag after that

Shot lasts 69 frames

Weakest shot shield stun: 6
Almost full shield stun: 20
Full shot shield stun: 23

Doesn't take longer as far as I can tell

any1 ever dne down tilt to jump cancel up smash to forward smash? its pretty sexy
I've been Dtilting to Fsmash recently
I think I need to dtilt to dtilt to dtilt more though.

how about uair to dtilt to reverse nair to bair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpAFOVpEoLE#t=03m48s
That was pretty sexy.

Geist

Smash Master
lern2chargebeam ;D

I've been Dtilting to Fsmash recently
I think I need to dtilt to dtilt to dtilt more though.
Other day I did dtilt>wavedash>dtilt>wavedash>dtilt on a fox.
Ironic, no?

Geist

Smash Master
Hey AIDS, I'm thinking of making a Canada Smash sig/project for WC Canada like it did for EC, but I have no idea who the best players are over there.
Halp.

Geist

Smash Master
Nice ledge glitch at 1:12 lmao

But yeah basically stay grounded.
More Ftilt
CC is K
Don't DJ too much, because losing your jumps is :[

You got really predictable during the end of the 3rd one like you were trying to rush the end of the match.

Also you can edgeguard Falcons with charge beam if they attempt to recover low. They can't sweetspot without a bit of them exposed over the stage. It's techable, but he didn't seem like he was trying to tech anyways.
Fsmash works too. Just better options then utilt imo

Pi

Smash Hero
Nice ledge glitch at 1:12 lmao

But yeah basically stay grounded.
More Ftilt
CC is K
Don't DJ too much, because losing your jumps is :[

You got really predictable during the end of the 3rd one like you were trying to rush the end of the match.

Also you can edgeguard Falcons with charge beam if they attempt to recover low. They can't sweetspot without a bit of them exposed over the stage. It's techable, but he didn't seem like he was trying to tech anyways.
Fsmash works too. Just better options then utilt imo
yea some times i edge guard with charge shot but generally they tech it 100% of the time, i play him pretty often, but yea, sets like that i get frustrated and then predictable.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i also have a falcon friend

one time i was playing him, and i told him i was the great wall of samus

for the rest of the match

he did not touch me and i punished everything he did

we were both laughing hella hard afterwards
i have not been able to reproduce this :(

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Alright guys
What do I do vs falcon
Granted I would probably be better off on another stage but I was mad salty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NX9NZH9mxOE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGZ1A6_8lNw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMm0U2qNmSg

**** MAN I GET SO MAD WATCHING MY VIDEO'S ****IN MORON STAY ON THE GROUND
Aside from staying grounded:

-You seriously gotta save those double jumps lol, it almost seems like a bad habit (and im guilty of this too). There really is no need to double jump on the stage for the sake of zoning and firing missles, you can do that with a regular fastfalled jump.

-not as important but try firing some missles higher too, not only on the stage but when you're edgegaurding. Look at 1:13 in game 3. Obviously you're forcing the falcon to recover high with the missles you fired low but you dont punish afterwards. By firing a missle high you force them to DI either left/right which means more opportunity for a bair.

-Def more important is what you do to him when he's shielding. I wouldve loved to see more pressure on his shield with more jabs/tilts.

-Dont smash attack when he's shielding! I do this so much, and i hate seeing when other samus players do this lol. Dont hope for it to shield poke or anything .... even if you do little tricks like running past him and then smash attacking, over half the time it wont work. This is a big reason why you lost the games. All the falcon had to do is wait and attack OoS. It happens to me all the time and ive learned over time lol. Be a bit more patient when harassing his shield. The ending to game 3 is a perfect example, just seemed like you got a little hasty and mindlessly smash attacked his shield and got punished for it.

You play similar to how i do in some ways. My general advice would be to slow the pace down a notch or two. Slower/defensive play just gives you more options and leaves you less vulnerable compared to a faster/aggressive style as falcons aerials do a real good job getting inside samus' aerials.

Pi

Smash Hero
Aside from staying grounded:

-You seriously gotta save those double jumps lol, it almost seems like a bad habit (and im guilty of this too). There really is no need to double jump on the stage for the sake of zoning and firing missles, you can do that with a regular fastfalled jump.

-not as important but try firing some missles higher too, not only on the stage but when you're edgegaurding. Look at 1:13 in game 3. Obviously you're forcing the falcon to recover high with the missles you fired low but you dont punish afterwards. By firing a missle high you force them to DI either left/right which means more opportunity for a bair.

-Def more important is what you do to him when he's shielding. I wouldve loved to see more pressure on his shield with more jabs/tilts.

-Dont smash attack when he's shielding! I do this so much, and i hate seeing when other samus players do this lol. Dont hope for it to shield poke or anything .... even if you do little tricks like running past him and then smash attacking, over half the time it wont work. This is a big reason why you lost the games. All the falcon had to do is wait and attack OoS. It happens to me all the time and ive learned over time lol. Be a bit more patient when harassing his shield. The ending to game 3 is a perfect example, just seemed like you got a little hasty and mindlessly smash attacked his shield and got punished for it.

You play similar to how i do in some ways. My general advice would be to slow the pace down a notch or two. Slower/defensive play just gives you more options and leaves you less vulnerable compared to a faster/aggressive style as falcons aerials do a real good job getting inside samus' aerials.

Yea, thanks, these are all bad habits I had thought I left behind but I guess I do them more than I notice, it seriously is frustrating watching these matchs, but hopefully I'll be able to keep this **** in mind.

Although I do agree with your advice, I'm not sure slower/defensive play is the way to go, I think, because he is shielding so much in this matchup, I should be more offensive with grabs and shield pressure, sigh, shields are one thing I'm not confident on dealing with as samus.

Top Bottom