• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
R u sure adam? I was pretty sure you could turn around with screw attack, but it only grabs facing forward.

Violence

Smash Lord
Maybe it's like, PAL only or something, because I've never done it or seen people do it.

I'm going, Darrell's going(BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW IF YOU NAME SEARCH THIS, TICKET PRICES JUST DROPPED A BIT).

I hope Hugo's going...

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Maybe it's like, PAL only or something, because I've never done it or seen people do it.
It is definitely not a PAL thing either. Maybe it's just a really small frame window before she goes into fall special or something?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
do like walljump -> upb on fod or something w/o turning around
if u guys can't get it to work i'll check

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
I just tried it a dozen times and nope, I cannot get it to work.

I'm fairly sure I've accidently turned around with UpB on a couple of other stages too where I've simply fallen to my death.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
What Prime said also look forward to seeing all u guys at Apex Samus group photo needs to happen I'll be easy to find will be wearing my Metroid prime hat

Ørn

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, good luck to everyone going to Apex. I've regained a lot of faith in Samus as a tourney viable character recently, so I'm expecting good things from fellow Samus players.

I really wanted to go to Apex too; I love the US and I'd love to be able to go to a big US tourney someday, but unfortunately I have a continous stream of exams starting January 2nd.

I'm hoping there's a big US tournament during the summer I can attend.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, good luck to everyone going to Apex. I've regained a lot of faith in Samus as a tourney viable character recently, so I'm expecting good things from fellow Samus players.

I really wanted to go to Apex too; I love the US and I'd love to be able to go to a big US tourney someday, but unfortunately I have a continous stream of exams starting January 2nd.

I'm hoping there's a big US tournament during the summer I can attend.
Ya man I'd love to meet in person some of the international samus players someday

yeahh go samus playas go prime...etc.

good luck token

also guys of course the screw attack can grab from the other side... if you turn around on the first frame(s) of the attack first :/ (that had to be what he meant, right)

Pi

Smash Hero
it probably can grab from both sides but the grab box probably just doesn't extend past her hurtbox or w/e it is or some **** idk it doesn't matter we all know it doesn't grab backwards

McNinja

Smash Ace
What I love to do is drop a well-placed bomb on or just off the ledge the enemy is trying to recover on. This usually screws up their recovery and makes them miss the sweetspot if they are bad. Other then that, Utilt. Utilt is amazing. Oh you can drop down and Nair as well. Those are all my favorites, but there is much else you can do.

:phone:

Geist

Smash Master
Im just wondering, anyone got any tips on edge guarding?
who are you edgeguarding?
Whoever it is, be patient and don't be hasty. If you can punish with the same move 20 times over and over again, do it. Be saaaafe but don't miss any opportunities to be as homo as possible. Hesitation = failure. FAILURE.

Drop down nair *****
Utilt *****
Downwards Fsmash *****
Homing missiles ****
Ftilt is cool too

Geist

Smash Master
Bomb is good against Marth because bad players will get hit by a bomb and freak out and upb again right away and miss their sweetspot.
And then run into your foot/cannon

McNinja

Smash Ace
Btw don't forget to angle Ftilt down. And while on the subject of moves that can angle, a down angled Fsmash can work, too. But yeah I love the bomb. It can work on a bunch of characters, not just marth. Mario, Doc, Falcon, and Link are also good examples. I guess you could say that the bomb..........

........ is the bomb. YEEEEEAAAAHHHHH!!

:phone:

Geist

Smash Master
Angled Fsmashes barely trade hits with stuff like firefox. And it can go right through Marth's upB if he doesn't sweetspot properly.
I don't think ftilt can boast that. Or maybe my spacing is garbage. Who knows.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Samus's dsmash can cause stage spikes and it hits the opponent so that his back is facing the stage. Dtilt usually doesn't kill but it sends them straight up for a combo that tacks on damage and sends them back offstage. It's good if you know the opponent probably isn't gonna die from anything else you do, due to low percents, perfect sweetspotting, etc. Does anyone know if dtilt can cause stage spikes?

Pi

Smash Hero
honestly dsmash reactively to spacies side B
if they sweet spot it
is probably ur best option
ftilt won't reach
utilt can't be done reactively
and most spacies don't attempt to tech their side B's
problem is if they don't sweet spot u dsmash them back onto the stage

dsmash is probably pretty good vs. sweet spot, but non sweet spot it's pretty bad, u trade ur edgeguard opportunity for some damage

Geist

Smash Master
Unfortunately, unless your opponent is missing their index finger or cannot press one of the shoulder buttons for any other reason, Dsmash's stage spikes don't do much lol
Seriously, you don't even have to DI that to tech it lmao

I've stage spiked a marth who missed his recovery on battlefield. stage spiked him on the ceiling while I was Dtilting through the floor. True story.

Pi

Smash Hero
yea it's easy to tech, but it comes out fast and easy to do out of a dash
and even if it's teched, your opponent is still in a bad position

take marth for example, if he techs it, his only options is to ub immediately and try to hit you (which it hsouldn't if you max ranged the dsmash)
or fall down and try to sweet spot again w/ you right where u need to be

and in my experience most spacies don't attempt to tech their side B's, much less instant side b after teching, so that means they're probably going to be forced to UB, most likely a panic UB too which are easy to edgeguard usually

so i think it hsould be good vs. spacies side B's

i mean ideally we want to land utilt every time no question, but i think dsmash has it's situational uses

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah I guess
I'm just saying that if I have more then a second to set up an edgeguard, a Dsmash isn't coming out lol

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
Lolz, I think he was stylin' man. He wanted the Fox to live a bit longer. :p

Edit: Oh, I remember we were talking about certain edgeguarding strategies against Marth and it was suggested that Samus could edgehog and ledgehop>dair>SHFFL bair when he lands on the stage, so we said we'd try it out. Well, I haven't tried it on Marth, but I've used it on Sheik and it works great. I'm gonna go so far as to say that it probably works on anyone w/ noticeable lag on the end of their recovery (a.k.a. not Spacees or Jiggs :p).

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
Lolz, I think he was stylin' man. He wanted the Fox to live a bit longer. :p

Edit: Oh, I remember we were talking about certain edgeguarding strategies against Marth and it was suggested that Samus could edgehog and ledgehop>dair>SHFFL bair when he lands on the stage, so we said we'd try it out. Well, I haven't tried it on Marth, but I've used it on Sheik and it works great. I'm gonna go so far as to say that it probably works on anyone w/ noticeable lag on the end of their recovery (a.k.a. not Spacees or Jiggs :p).
I do ledgehop dair as a getup from edge as a mix up sometimes. My getups ledgehop fair nair upair or dair or waveland onto stage i almost nvr roll...

Geist

Smash Master
relying on stage spikes is kind of taking your opponent for granted.
Or maybe I'm just mad because the people I play SDI -> walltech everything that exists

Top Bottom