• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Expanding The Kingdom: Weekly Dedede Stage Discussion (Week 12 - Pokémon Stadium 2)

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Smexy, I can't believe you gave it a zero. I give -100 out of 5. This stage makes Norfair look like a good Dedede stage.

Ban on everyone.

Especially Ike, Game and Watch, and Toon link.

BEWARE WATER CAMPING.

Seriously if they water camp you will do better by throwing waddle dees until time runs out. Against a good Toon link and G&W you have no chance. They can stay in the water forever by just jumping. They can also D-air under the rock and they fall so slowly when the boat is in the air they can avoid staying on the boat for more than a second.

I don't see any good in this stage. At least ICs are as bad as us on norfair.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I updated Pirate Ship and notes will come Monday for that due to Apex johns. I did start the next discussion though, so anyone you guys can now begin to discuss Pokémon Stadium 2. Hopefully we can get some good discussion in :laugh:.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
The only transformation I like on PS2 is the Ground one. Electric transformation and Flying transformation are both really annoying. The Ice transformation is slightly better if only because you can do a sliding fsmash, but it's actually the worst since it ****s up your chaingrabbing.

There is no reason for you to go here over Pokemon Stadium 1 or any other counterpick. That said, I doubt you'd need to ban it against anyone since I can't think of any characters who do particularly well here.

2/5 - Nothing to offer but not a horrible stage either.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Strange, not many characters perform well on Pokemon Stadium 2 maybe except Diddy Kong, Olimar, or Sonic. Anyone else is either around 3/5 or lower. Electric field is not King Dedede's friend that's for sure, but the ground field and ice is. The sky field is alright since he has multi jumps.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I really love this stage. For friendlies.

It's not a very good dedede stage and I will give it a 3/5. Not the best. Not the worst.

The arena
-Platforms are good for U-tilts but too spread out for someone else abusing it.

Ice stage
-As mentioned, a sliding F-smash but bad chain grabbing.

Electric:
-Treadmills are annoying so stay on the platforms which may help a U-tilt

Ground
-The best stage. It has a wall that you can chaingrab against until it dissappears.

Air
-Fun, not exactley useful. The fact that Characters stay up high helps dedede since the majority of his aerials will hit your opponent upward.

Jupz

Smash Master
I hate this stage but it can be actually quite good against diddy kongs. the air transformation keeps you in the air away from his bananas, the ice one means he cant punish u if he bananas you, the electric one means the same as ice and his bananas will get carried off and the ground one has a massive bump and platforms. The neutral stage isnt that bad either.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Forward tilt is great against both sides of the ship. The curve on each side gets poked through by the hammer and it'll stop your opponent from grabbing the edge if you time it right, and you can forward tilt successfully while behind the launcher thingy.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Forward tilt is great against both sides of the ship. The curve on each side gets poked through by the hammer and it'll stop your opponent from grabbing the edge if you time it right, and you can forward tilt successfully while behind the launcher thingy.
You're a week late.

Dream Land Works

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about the lack of updates lately, I been very busy and other things have been coming up so my priorities right now are out of control. I'll just ask right now if enough people think is truly a productive thread or not. If you guys want me to continue, I will...but I am going to be very busy until June 13th so this thread would move along slowly until then.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
I personally like this thread. Knowing your good counterpicks are a nice way to even out bad match ups. No one will memorize everything, but people glance through this thread a look for stages that will help them out in match ups they have trouble with. Also you learn a trick or two on what to do on certain stages

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I personally like this thread. Knowing your good counterpicks are a nice way to even out bad match ups. No one will memorize everything, but people glance through this thread a look for stages that will help them out in match ups they have trouble with. Also you learn a trick or two on what to do on certain stages
Agreed. At least we get an idea of King Dedede's kingdom expansion and we know our grounds. We'll just keep bumping it until June 13th :).

§leepy God

Smash Master
You could try to make a new stage guide since he's not posting much, or hopefully he will see his thread revive and will take action.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Ask a mod to change the thread owner or something.

I can handle this thread if you guys want.

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Guys read my previous posts lol..I said I'll continue this piece of the project by making a new one with added information along with this one. I'm sure there's another part of it you two can do.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I don' think we should just copy past though.
I have become incredibly interested in stage strategies, general and charecter specific, and would like the Alby's thread to have a little bit more depth.

Top Bottom