• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everybody 1-2-Switch! announced with June 30th release date

horse switch face.png

Nintendo has just announced that the Switch launch title 1-2-Switch will be getting a sequel titled Everybody 1-2-Switch!. You can check out the full announcement below:

No gameplay has been shown yet (and the eShop only has this other pic to show), but fans of the first game can most likely expect more joy-con shenanigan fun like in the original. Well, either that or a game that will quote "damage [Nintendo's] reputation as a great software developer" based on a report from last year on the then unrevealed title. All we can do is wait for the end of the month to see what this horse host is hiding in store for everybody.

Everybody 1-2-Switch! releases on June 30th. You can pick it up physically or digitally for $30.

Author's Note: ...Yeah I don't even know what to put here.

Last edited:
Sari

Comments

Either this is an elaborate joke, or the next Nintendo Direct-like showcase includes the reveal of the Switch's successor. If neither are true, I question how this actually got approved, then made, then announced through a Twitter post. During the Musk era of Twitter, no less.

All this to ask: HOW? WHY? WHO? WHEN?

God everything about this looks like Wii Era Shovelware that you find in the bargain bin of a Walmart that is shutting down.

It's almost awe inspiring that this came directly from Nintendo.
I'm willing to cut 1-2 Switch some slack. The devs didn't know just how good Breath of the Wild would be, and probably thought it really would be a Wii U game first and a Switch game second. And there's the general thing Nintendo has with trying to justify their new console's gimmick in some way, more often in the handhelds.

But this? Sorry, but I am not giving them sympathy for releasing this AFTER Tears of the Kingdom is already out. Just save your money for Pikmin 4 if you want to support a second new Nintendo game this year.

Job Description for everyone but Horse Mask: We are seeking someone who is enthusiastic about worshipping horses. You will hold one of two worshipping devices. The Tuning Staff of Joystickery or the Tablet of Doom. If you hold the Tuning Staff of Joystickery, you must hold it in the praying position before you in ecstasy in order to channel your prayers to the Horse. If you are holding the Tablet of Doom, you must hold it up high as to give praises to the Horse. You are happy to be here, you want to be here, you are here.

Job Description for the Horse: You are a God.

imagine they did this with the new Smash game while revealing every single character on a following thread tweet and then followed up with every DLC character with a projected release life of 5 years. Then final thread tweet would be a release date 3 years from the tweet date with a price point followed by a list of every other content. Just a list. No pictures.

imagine they did this with the new Smash game while revealing every single character on a following thread tweet and then followed up with every DLC character with a projected release life of 5 years. Then final thread tweet would be a release date 3 years from the tweet date with a price point followed by a list of every other content. Just a list. No pictures.
Smash marketing if it were good

Last edited:
Ah, so I see we're doing 2017 again. Can't wait for Snipperclips Cut-And-Paste.

Jokes aside, I'm honestly kind of not that shocked to see 1-2-Switch morphing from more of a tech demo into a party-based experience, but it's still a little odd to see this one get a nod at all. Even so, I think it's a good move to have priced it a bit cheaper and be (presumably) pivoting the focus of the IP a little. Lots of good ideas I suppose, just not really one for me.

I'm gonna be real though, it's a little odd to see stuff like this as the evolution of the "Nintendo casual/party game that uses the hardware in unique ways" games. Stuff like the bit Generations/Art Style and Touch! Generations series seemed to do that really well with a lot of personality behind whilst the 1-2-Switch! brand kinda feels... cheap. Not like Chicken Shoot cheap, but Just Dance cheap - something intended to print money by appealing to the lowest common denominator. (Sorry if I'm offending SmashBoards' presumably thriving community of Just Dance diehard fans by saying that.) I guess it's good for the company to have some variety though and I'm always open to see what new stuff they're cooking up

Last edited:

Nintendo has just announced that the Switch launch title 1-2-Switch will be getting a sequel titled Everybody 1-2-Switch!. You can check out the full announcement below:

No gameplay has been shown yet (and the eShop only has this other pic to show), but fans of the first game can most likely expect more joy-con shenanigan fun like in the original. Well, either that or a game that will quote "damage [Nintendo's] reputation as a great software developer" based on a report from last year on the then unrevealed title. All we can do is wait for the end of the month to see what this horse host is hiding in store for everybody.

Everybody 1-2-Switch! releases on June 30th. You can pick it up physically or digitally for $30.

Author's Note: ...Yeah I don't even know what to put here.
Did anyone actually like that game? Like… actually anyone?

Top Bottom