• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event-52: MWC - PreReg required - MANGO IS COMING - May 23rd & 24th - Kansas City, KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
So although this is a circuit event, we're still kind of doing a national tournament like the last E52?
I suggest it is run as a national tournament, but the non-midwest players don't get points, and the MW players are given points as if there was nobody else there. It worked for MWC Brawl.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I am 100% for sure going to be there. I have two options though:

I can stay home and house people that are coming from very far; like WC guys or something, KFC I'm looking at you. However I live about an hour from the venue, and would be driving back that night, and then back again for brackets, since I have no intention of not making it out of pools again LOL. Stupid M2K in my pool =/

OR...I could stay friday night in/around KC area. StrongBad, you know you'd like to house me ^_^ Or somebody else if he can't. Otherwise, if ppl coming from afar would like to split hotel costs with me, we could arrange something like that too. And if you're flying I could pick up/drop off airport and venue. Zbane Taxi Expresssssss.....

I just want to get into a situation where I can play all day friday with great players to better prepare for the tourney.

dmac

Smash Champion
so hypothetically if we get enough national interest that all point getting places are from the coasts, you'd still stick to no points for everyone? would there be any purpose in making it a circuit event besides taking from the pot?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
imo take less from the pot for the circuit event at this, the amount of entrants will make up for the % deduction, then do the points as bun bun stated, everyone gets the correct amount of points.

for example, if mango comes and wins, in all fairness, midwest or not, he deserves his first points placing for winning a circuit event.

and thats my $.02

BunBun

Smash Master
so hypothetically if we get enough national interest that all point getting places are from the coasts, you'd still stick to no points for everyone? would there be any purpose in making it a circuit event besides taking from the pot?
imo take less from the pot for the circuit event at this, the amount of entrants will make up for the % deduction, then do the points as bun bun stated, everyone gets the correct amount of points.

for example, if mango comes and wins, in all fairness, midwest or not, he deserves his first points placing for winning a circuit event.

and thats my $.02
That's about what I've been thinking. Drop it down to 10% out, then deal with points normally.
Points are distributed all the way out to the 49th place tie, so it is still indicative of Midwest skill.

I don't think it will end up being as nationally covered as the last year's E-52 (don't quote me on this), simply because this is only like a month and a half before Genesis.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Makes it a good Genesis practice tourney though. Not too far away, but not too close to Genesis. Mango might come? Sweet.

My friend ShadowCloud is hopefully going to come. I'm trying to raise money for his plane ticket. Does anybody want to MM me in chess? Or possible in melee...if I'm better than you.....LOL. Or connect 4?

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I am 100% for sure going to be there. I have two options though:

I can stay home and house people that are coming from very far; like WC guys or something, KFC I'm looking at you. However I live about an hour from the venue, and would be driving back that night, and then back again for brackets, since I have no intention of not making it out of pools again LOL. Stupid M2K in my pool =/

OR...I could stay friday night in/around KC area. StrongBad, you know you'd like to house me ^_^ Or somebody else if he can't. Otherwise, if ppl coming from afar would like to split hotel costs with me, we could arrange something like that too. And if you're flying I could pick up/drop off airport and venue. Zbane Taxi Expresssssss.....

I just want to get into a situation where I can play all day friday with great players to better prepare for the tourney.

Hey, Bane, how many can you host? if no one farther than us takes you up on your offer, i think Oklahoma would jump on the opportunity to get up there early for practice and free stay! so yeah, keep me updated on other OOSers, but i know Oklahoma would be very appreciative of it if you would house us, and we'd pay you in practice with KOS-MOS :p

i think in total there might be 4-6, at max 8 of us so yeah...if you can house that many and if no one from either coast takes you up on your offer, hit me up ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does anybody want to MM me in chess?
I will MM you if you bring a chess set. :)

and about the housing thing, i don't particularly like the idea. you're like an hour to an hour and a half away from the venue, man. i'm housing some of west coast lol.

PB&J

Smash Hero
if u guys posted this earlier i would def come but i have to save up for genesis..ill try though i loved it last time

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
PrrettyMango69 (6:58:15 PM): im going

so i herd event 52 is going to feature a certain tropical fruit.

EDIT @ Stealth: hahaha yeah.

dmac

Smash Champion
hes been traveling more in general so him coming is much more of a possibility this time around

/crosses fingers

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Hey, Bane, how many can you host? if no one farther than us takes you up on your offer, i think Oklahoma would jump on the opportunity to get up there early for practice and free stay! so yeah, keep me updated on other OOSers, but i know Oklahoma would be very appreciative of it if you would house us, and we'd pay you in practice with KOS-MOS :p

i think in total there might be 4-6, at max 8 of us so yeah...if you can house that many and if no one from either coast takes you up on your offer, hit me up ;)
Thursday I'll know pretty much for sure if I can house you guys. Stay tuned...

StrongBad: Chess Money match, it's on. How much?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
StrongBad: Chess Money match, it's on. How much?
most likely $1 or $2 :p we could do it at churry smursh if you come to it before e-52 so you don't have to bring a dumb ol' chess set to an epically awesome melee tournament. i call white.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
I might not team with KOSY...if so, want a stock tank sheik? I work best with falcos hence the suggestion, and unfortunately no one knows this but oklahoma is good. lemme know your thoughts.

and thanks, bane, just relay any new information as it comes in ^.^

yeah, its a possibility, man. im not sure my current status on a team mate, and probably won't know until a little closer to time, so just hit me up on aim if you want to talk about it (TJ8774)

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman

The last Event 52 was awesome, but the article on the school newspaper was fail.
Isn't that right, Patrick "Darkrain" John?

I can see Scar's back and PB&J's hat at back left.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's true. I'm housing St. Louis. I housed Darkatma, Geno, Brawlpwo & two others (sorry!) last time and I think this time around I can add +Legan and +Zigzag to that. You're -all- coming, right?

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Who else needs housing. Time crunch is coming soon so if you need it you need to contact someone.
The Purdue crew of myself, KSo, CNN, CunningKitsune may be attending this, we will let you know ASAP. We have an 8.5 hour drive, hopefully that is far enough for housing? For a national tournament maybe not haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom