• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event-52: MWC - PreReg required - MANGO IS COMING - May 23rd & 24th - Kansas City, KS

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkrain

Smash Ace
Just got finished talking to Mango. His tickets are bought and he is confirmed, this is his itinerary.

Fri, May 22
Depart: 11:05 am Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Midwest Airlines 350
Arrive: 4:10 pm Kansas City, MO (MCI)

Mon, May 25
Depart: 9:05 am Kansas City, MO (MCI) Midwest Airlines 450
Arrive: 10:30 am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)

Preregistration is required so I can get a good idea of the resources I am going to need. Make sure you pre-reg if you haven't already.

EDIT: The link is here for all you lazy people.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
nah socal is some broke n1ggas

but uget me =D

and maybe they will be inspired 2 come =D

PEEF!

Smash Hero
nah socal is some broke n1ggas

but uget me =D

and maybe they will be inspired 2 come =D
You aren't even bringing a teammate? Bring SS. "Itd be fuxxxxin rapppeeee! Oh my goooodddd." =P

Oh, and promise us a Mango v Darkrain MM Set if it doesn't happen in brackets...

I agree with Zicore and others that no circuit points may be best. There will be an odd distribution of points assuming some top prizes go to OoRegioners. Let's say for some reason top 3 all go. Points are screwed up. Either points should be forefitted by the OoR people, acting like they arent there, meaning the best of the MW still get their placings vs the rest of the MW accordingly, or it should just be a huge national tournament.

More defense for my point plan:
The purpose of the MWC at it's core is to award points to MW smashers according to how they do against eachother. Hypothetically, if I was to get gets 5th place in a 100 man tournament, and the next best midwesterner gets 6th, I would deserve full points because I did better than any other midwesterner at this MW circuit event. If I got points for 5th place I would not be getting properly rewarded for my success in the tournament vs MW'ers and others.

I just like ideas, so here is another one. Perhaps a point score exactly between where they placed and where they placed among midwesterners?

Zicore

Smash Champion
I personally don't think that it should be a MWC event, for the fact that the possibility of the top winners being outside of MW is high. I think letting this be a large scale national tourney would be best, and have the MW curcuit events be held to where mostly just MW people would go. Thats just my input.

Jesi

Smash Ace
updated...hmm who's this teaming with darkrain? I wonder if there is anyone that can stop that duo...... ;)

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Why don't you just keep the points the same, but worth more? Something like 1.5x more? And just make it so if you get a specific placing, you get 1.5x that placing's points no matter what other region placed above/below you. Placing at this tourney will definitely be harder than at any other tourney in the circuit so far, but it's definitely unfair to just give 1st place points to whomever happened to be the best MW player.

darkatma

Smash Hero
mango should team with darkatma instead :D
jk loll
if jeff comes to this i won't be able to see him when i go home =[

now i'm undecided..
I want to go to this, but i also want to go back to my norcal *****es :D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
im not kidding lol

and ill team with jeff

if hes coming

and i talk 2 him

i told him 2 think bout it

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just got finished talking to Mango. His tickets are bought and he is confirmed, this is his itinerary.

Fri, May 22
Depart: 11:05 am Los Angeles, CA (LAX) Midwest Airlines 350
Arrive: 4:10 pm Kansas City, MO (MCI)

Mon, May 25
Depart: 9:05 am Kansas City, MO (MCI) Midwest Airlines 450
Arrive: 10:30 am Los Angeles, CA (LAX)
wow i feel so good knowing where he'll be and where. im going to go to the airport just to say wuts up yo.

kfc & strong bad will beat mango & darkrain straight up 2-0 or 3-0.

DrewB008

Smash Lord
give points to out of regioners

if mango comes to every mw circuit event left and wins them all, he deserves the prize

plus we've already had considerable amounts of southerners at one circuit event

either do no points or award points just like always, giving points to whoever earns them

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
kfc i will kill you if you don't come.
like in-game and in cold blood.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i laugh when people say no johns, cus its a cop out when u dont have anything else to say

the plane tickets are around 300$ for round trip. i dont have a job so im working part-time with my friends family business (working as a janitor for minimum wage)

getting paid as a janitor... 8$ an hour... is NOT fun. -_-

but ima do it anyways, but idk if ill have enough money when this tournament comes around

if all else fails, ill just buy an itouch ^_^

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
From the looks of it ive already got 15 people staying at my place. I don't know who else needs housing but people need to figure it out quick. Spots are filling up fast.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i laugh when people say no johns, cus its a cop out when u dont have anything else to say

the plane tickets are around 300$ for round trip. i dont have a job so im working part-time with my friends family business (working as a janitor for minimum wage)

but ima do it anyways, but idk if ill have enough money when this tournament comes around

DK is right, KFC.
$8 an hour would be roughly 38 hours or so. you can do it, KFC, I believe in you! you could always be a killer for cash.
oh wait.

personally i think that the out of regioners shouldn't get points. they most likely won't be going to any other events as this is the only one that has garnered national interest at all. only problem would be out of regioners knocking midwesters out of the bracket, lowering their points

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
To whomever is doing st.louis housing...

There may be anywhere between 2-5ish of us. Maybe even six if st.louis gets its act together. Is this okay?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master

yo

I picked up a job as a janitor making $8 an hour so I could afford to go to genesis

no johns

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
this should be called event 53, cuz its like alukard doing another revival of melee. the rerevival of melee lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom