• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro release date...delayed...

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It doesn't take 3/4 months to translate a game anyway.... they should have started by now, infact they should have started ages ago. It's just Nintendo of Europe being lazy, even though they said they wouldn't.

Super Paper Mario.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
**** those ****ing American's complain about the two month delay they go. Here in Australia we'll probably have to wait even ****ing longer.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Super Paper Mario.

Haha tell me about it. I was so excited when it came out for ntsc, I expected a release a couple of weeks or maybe a month later at the most.

5 months later and I can't be bothered to get it. Still haven't.

Oh well. No use in whining about it now, as annoying as it may be our petitions and emails won't change Nintendo's mind. We'll have to live without it for an extra 6 months at best. It's not the end of the world and i'll personally be able to cope just fine without it (it's not like my life revolves around a video game) but you can't deny that it's a bit of a slap in the face.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Haha tell me about it. I was so excited when it came out for ntsc, I expected a release a couple of weeks or maybe a month later at the most.

5 months later and I can't be bothered to get it. Still haven't.

Oh well. No use in whining about it now, as annoying as it may be our petitions and emails won't change Nintendo's mind. We'll have to live without it for an extra 6 months at best. It's not the end of the world and i'll personally be able to cope just fine without it (it's not like my life revolves around a video game) but you can't deny that it's a bit of a slap in the face.
You really should get Super Paper Mario, I got it a few weeks ago and am having a blast with it. But really in Australia in particular we don't need the game translated into every friggin European language so please just release it here with the American version.

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Well this is depressing news for us Europeans. It seems that not enough of us bought copies of Melee, if we had done we'd have convinced Nintendo that we consider Brawl to be one of the Wii's biggest titles. Instead they think we don't really care that much about Brawl, so instead of trying to maximise profits with a simultaneous worldwide release, try to maximise profits with Japanese and US sales and give us Brawl in Europe when there's a gap in the release schedules. You can see this with Mario Kart Wii. Mario Kart historically sells very well here, so of course they're desperate to give us MKWii as fast as possible, Smash has always sold less so they see less incentive to rush it out to us.

Sucks for us Europeans but its out of our hands so we'll have to grin and bear it. I just cannot believe we'll be getting Mario kart Wii before Brawl.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Please let this not be true... even though it somehow doesn't surprise me that much.

If we get an official confirmation soon, I might even decide to forget about this game altogether. Brawl sounds like an awesome game, but I'm not gonna wait that long, especially if it's just for stupid translation.

If this all turns out to be true, I've really lost faith in nintendo.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
How about we kill the translators? Every time they get a new translator we kill them, then they'll think "It's pointless, everytime we get translators they die before recording, let's just sent it out as it is."

Oh MyGod!! Did I jus tthink that?
See what delaying favourite games makes us think about doing, NoE?

anyway, they translate stuff on the DOJO already into Spanish and what not, why can't they translate the game as they do this?
Gosh, I don't even want to imagine them translating all those short film clips in Subspace emissary when human characters talk. And all the Solid Snake crap.
It's like people don't think. Like they don't project their thinking into the future and don't think about the time they spend on these processes.

Then, NoE, don't be surprised if the sales are lower than expected!
Jerks...

How credible is the blog anyway?

Viral

Smash Apprentice
You really should get Super Paper Mario, I got it a few weeks ago and am having a blast with it. But really in Australia in particular we don't need the game translated into every friggin European language so please just release it here with the American version.
I probably will eventually, but i've kind of just lost the hype for it. I'm saving for a ps3 now.

Anywho I was just about to edit my post saying how much sorrier I feel for Australian gamers considering they all speak the same language before I saw this post. I hope we get extras for the wait (ff10 <3) but considering nintendo that's very very unlikely.

Shouldn't we wait until Sakurai confirms this...What if this is fake? And if it isnt I feel sorry for you :(.
True, but considering past events it's more than likely to be true. I suppose it's better to assume the worst instead of getting our hopes up.

But hey come on people it's just a game, we'll survive a few months without it. I'm sure a lot of us will forget all about Brawl until that cold winter morn in january 2009 when we see that "coming soon" sign at the shop window.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
DUDE ITS NOT GUNNA GET DELAYED IN AMERICAS.... again europe is other side of the globe... plus they have to be converted to PAL

edit: If u loose faith in nintendo altogether u shouldnt have a wii.. its not all nintendos faults its NoE

Tobi-

Smash Ace
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

wait.

good thing I don't live in europe. :)

I'll be seeing american wii's and brawl on Ebay for 5,000 dollars soon, and believe me, someone will buy it

Tobi-

Smash Ace
I can't take another delay. Nothing will make up for another 5 month delay in the U.S.

I'd just have to wipe brawl from my mind, and move on like it wasnt even there.

JPW

Smash Ace
this is just a estimate.

I'm really not wanting to drain my hopes this is the same country that said we wont get any of the big 3 till 2008. Yet here I am with Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 in 2007.

Also if they can release Super Mario in a month worldwide then it should be no problem for them to be the same with Super Smash Bros.

This is unacceptable, this is the most anticipated game coming to the wii probably for the whole generation and you want to delay it. Americans only have to wait 16 days till they can play it... Yet we have to wait an eternity. Aussies even have it worse, all because of those French, German and spanash and italian languages that hardly anyone speaks in Australia.

It would be a bad move if others had to wait for thier BRawl experience while americans and japanese are playing it at the time. If Brawl is going to be online worldwide then they should stick up with that.

How can they plan to go online worldwide if they only have it planned for two regions?

Also didn't they say in the My Music update that this game has 6+1 languages on all versions. So the language stuff should be fine. It's just conversion.

I see a lot of importers and modchips coming through, and I would just like to say that if I don't see a PAL release date by the end of January I just have to say this when the modchips and Importers invade.
"You brought this on yourself. Nintendo. The PAL market is going to die now."

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
That didn't exactly clear anything up.

And why don't they just Language lock it?

Couldn't we just have English? And maybe a Japanese setting? Why do they translate it into all these different languages for the UK and Australia, when they are English speaking countries?

Doesn't it seem to make more sense just to language lock it? Everybody wins that way.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
If there is another delay in the US I seriously will forget about this game. They've already about 2 years to work on it. Miyamoto needs to get on Sakurai about delaying it for the Europeans.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Don't worry, if there's another delay, Nintendo will fall. Haha Luckily Asia uses the american version of Nintendo games instead of PAL

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Really disappointing, but i'm not surprised at all.

The only good point i can imagine is that the PAL version of the game will be even more refined than the NTSC one, and any small bugs that they miss will be gone by the time we get it.

Still, pretty lame.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Ya know, there is a lot of text to translate for Brawl.

Do you all forget trophies? Imagine how many there will be in Brawl. Remember how these trophies all had a fair amount of description with them? Yeah. That takes quite awhile to translate in to several languages.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

Do you all forget trophies? Imagine how many there will be in Brawl. Remember how these trophies all had a fair amount of description with them? Yeah. That takes quite awhile to translate in to several languages.
Wow.

My love for trophies has grown even stronger now.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
OK...first of all...

this means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the NA release date. Why?

You may be saying, but when Japan got a delay, so did NA! Its happening again!

I say, FALSE!

EUROPE NEVER GOT A DELAY! THEY NEVER GOT A RELEASE DATE IN THE FIRST PLACE, THIS IS THE CLOSEST THING TO A RELEASE DATE THEY HAVE HAD! IT'S NOT A DELAY IF THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DELAY IT FROM!

Not to mention EVERY SINGLE SMASH GAME to this point has had about 4-6 months in between US and Europe releases, with NA always getting it first.

Tobi-

Smash Ace

have like 20 translators for one language, working on different parts

the same thing for all the other languages, then have them all do it at the same time.

of course, i don't think they will waste their money paying for 100 translators.

Shishou

Smash Apprentice
Another reason for Europe's gap in release is that they will have enough trouble working out kinks with US and JP playing online. After all this will be their first big hit game that is played online.

Strikers Charged barely scratched the surface of the scab that brawl will rip off Nintendo's online once released.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
What really pisses me off. For what do they translate the Updates for us european?

Its like:
Nintendo of Europe: "OMG Look of this beauty of an game! You want it right ... yeah i know you want it... BUT YOU MOTHER****ERS HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER!!! MUAHAHHA!!! HEY GUYS! Look how they cry hahaha. cry baby cry WÄHHHHH WÄHHHH HAHAHAHAAH!!! Come on lets play some brawl with the japanise and americans ... oh yeah its so much fun to be an *******. Hahaha"

Spellman

Smash Ace
I really feel for European fans. I know I'd be jealous of the rest of the world if Smash wasn't coming to me for another extended period.

Dragonbreath

Smash Ace
Lol june !! this is OWNAGE on a grand scale.
BZZZZZZT. WRONG. Ownage is when something is cool, excellent or otherwise good. For example, Captain Falcon's knee is ownage. Hokuto no Ken is ownage. Putting ten cents in my pocket and pulling out a twenty-dollar bill is ownage.

Several million unsuspecting Europeans getting suckerpunched by a June 08 release date is EPIC FAIL.

Sorry, Europe. Tell you what, though, you're all invited to my place on the tenth!
. . .I've only got two working controllers, so you might wanna bring your own peripherals.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
BZZZZZZT. WRONG. Ownage is when something is cool, excellent or otherwise good. For example, Captain Falcon's knee is ownage. Hokuto no Ken is ownage. Putting ten cents in my pocket and pulling out a twenty-dollar bill is ownage.

Several million unsuspecting Europeans getting suckerpunched by a June 08 release date is EPIC FAIL.

Sorry, Europe. Tell you what, though, you're all invited to my place on the tenth!
. . .I've only got two working controllers, so you might wanna bring your own peripherals.
lol ok EPIC FAIL!! on there part i guyss but they GOT OWNED BY This release date. i would of cried if i lived over there and heard this news.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Oh... ow... I feel for you guys

Top Bottom