• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro release date...delayed...

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
The dutch store ''EPlaza'' (And therefor ''Bart Smit'' as well, seeing as they are the same'') has Brawl listed as 01/04/08. Besides it being April fools, I had to ask for the release date(So it's not visible) and april fools jokes are only bad for their sales. This is a fairly large shop, including ''Bart Smit'' and is very well known around Holland. I somewhat believe it, I hope it's April 1, but the fact that NoE hasn't announced April 1 yet makes it a little more fake.

Your opinion?

EDIT: Mario Kart Wii also has April 1 on the same list.

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
Nintendo is half-promoting modding right now. So many desperate Europeans that will do ANYTHING to get brawl. Maybe we should start a petition to prevent Nintendo to delay games in Europe with the rock solid argument that we will mod our Wii and pirate the game otherwise xD.

Anyway, I've seen several different "release dates" from various different sources, some say February, some say Q3. Hell, I think I even saw Q4 (NOOOOOOOO!). The Dojo is your friend, wait for it to reveal the biggest secret of them all: Are Nintendo screwing us Europeans over again or not.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, I would feel bad but seeing as there was never a UK release date to start with it was never delayed. And seeing as your money is worth about twice as much as ours than oh well.

Buy a NA Wii for half of what it would cost there and your problem is solved. I mean, why NOT import. . . you can get games faster and for cheaper than you would if you waited for them to release in the UK in most cases (with Nintendo atleast). Maybe you can mod your UK Wii and just import from the US. IDK how that works but people do it to play Wii games from Japan.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Well, I would feel bad but seeing as there was never a UK release date to start with it was never delayed. And seeing as your money is worth about twice as much as ours than oh well.

Buy a NA Wii for half of what it would cost there and your problem is solved. I mean, why NOT import. . . you can get games faster and for cheaper than you would if you waited for them to release in the UK in most cases (with Nintendo atleast). Maybe you can mod your UK Wii and just import from the US. IDK how that works but people do it to play Wii games from Japan.
If you're going to mod, might as well download the game. To punish Nintendo for making you suffer, they get no money!

Serph

Smash Journeyman
It just complicates matters. I don't know how using a foreign system affects online play, but I do know that in order to download VC games you need to switch your region to Brazil or something, and then of course there are existing Cube games which I assume are still region-locked on the Wii. It's just needless hassle.

Plus, I don't know about everyone else, but I actually want to support the European videogame industry, because I want things to get better, and shouldn't have to be reduced to imports. I want to be able to waddle-on down to my local town centre and buy a game from a normal shop, not have everything shipped in from another country.

We may be in a bit of a sticky situation right now, but it's only going to get worse if we all start jumping ship.

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
Here is a solution. 1. Buy a wii from america 2. have it shipped to you. 3. preorder a american ssbb game if you can 4. get wii friends from smash boards

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
your worry with online play is unfounded. game play with the wii doesn't matter where you are. same with game cube. A modded wii will let you play GC games from any country as well as burned copies. the problem you might have with the wii shop only is that way because it deals with money and a different monetary system for each region

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
well its not confirmed. we still can get a mont or so after only. wouldnt surprise me.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
I love how every american says that buying an american wii is the solution..

it might be if I HAD SOME **** MONEY!!

and anyways, what am i gonna tell my parents? "Yeah, i already got a wii, but this ones american so i can play a game earlier."

dirtypoison

Smash Apprentice
given that European games cost almost twice as much as in america. american Wiis are cheaper AND the games come out sooner. If you got even 4 wii games in Europe at European prices you'd be better off getting the american Wii...or do the smart choice and Mod it already.
are you stupid? they are not almost twice as much cheaper. they are almost the same price depending on how low the dollar bill is. right now its only 10-15dollars cheaper in america.

LunaEqualsLuna

Smash Apprentice
It does suck, royally. I'm from the UK, and when i heard Brawl would be delayed that much, i decided to just get a chipped Japanese wii. I will probably keep both though, just in case online play is affected by the wii region.

I always buy games i like to support the companies but in this case i'm certainly going to have to justify modding my console and selling some of my existing games (then dl'ing them for my chipped wii) since the wii should have been region free to begin with and i need to recoup my costs for being forced to have two wiis AND pay for a modchip when there would have been no need if the wii was region free ffs. Will definately still be buying legit copies of SSBB tho =D (already preordered a japanese copy)

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
It does suck, royally. I'm from the UK, and when i heard Brawl would be delayed that much, i decided to just get a chipped Japanese wii. I will probably keep both though, just in case online play is affected by the wii region.

I always buy games i like to support the companies but in this case i'm certainly going to have to justify modding my console and selling some of my existing games (then dl'ing them for my chipped wii) since the wii should have been region free to begin with and i need to recoup my costs for being forced to have two wiis AND pay for a modchip when there would have been no need if the wii was region free ffs. Will definately still be buying legit copies of SSBB tho =D (already preordered a japanese copy)
You do realise that the statement and the release list was actually mis-interpreted right?

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
I'm angry

Really angry. Very angry....
___

I think I'm going to import the game, but for that I must bild a chip in my Wii.
No matter it's illegal, but I'm angry and I can't wait for Brawl.

Argh....

The game is spoiled for me, who can resist 5 monts? ....

:(

Maggirus
You know, i might just do that to.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
FFS

It will be out April at the latest, possibly may at a stretch...god you people listen to much to scare mongers and people who dont know a thing but like to think to do

PikachuSSBM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tsuzama
FFS

It will be out April at the latest, possibly may at a stretch...god you people listen to much to scare mongers and people who dont know a thing but like to think to do
Well, what do you expect? our favorite characters are revealed we cant wait any longer. i really need this game now :(

Top Bottom