• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Euro release date...delayed...

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Melee came five months later for us; *** late Nov, US early Dec and PAL in May.

So I guess it is June - Nintendo is infamous for not improving this system. They are still manipulative, conservative and dependant on the desperate obsession with first-party goodness from the constantly abused fanboys.

They are a flawed company, and the main reason they've suceeded with the Wii is because they have done an Apple - releasing flawed, limited and not so diverse technology wrapped in an ephemeral package that becomes a fad. Look at the iPhone and compare it to the far superior and cheaper Ocean cellphone for example.

Well, I'll be doing Swedish military service from late January to December anyway. I'll let my friend borrow my Wii and play sweet Brawl on weekends come summertime.

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
Keep in mind that Melee came five months later because it was a launch title, and all the games + gamecube had to be localized at the same time with ads and all kinds of stuff plus translation... That's 5 months right there.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
"Keep in mind that Melee came five months later because it was a launch title, and all the games + gamecube had to be localized at the same time with ads and all kinds of stuff plus translation... That's 5 months right there."

Point, but I thought it was supposed to be a launch game and failed to make it, much like Brawl.

Evil-Sheep

Smash Rookie
The thing is, this means that the American and Japanese Brawlers will have had all that time to master the new characters and beat us down! :(

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
I'm still hoping that NoE comes to its senses and releases it late Feb or early March. I can handle a month, but not at least 3.

okiyama

Smash Ace
I hope this doesn't affect me... because I'm really selfish.

But seriously that sucks for you guys, but it's not the first time that Europe/Canada got screwed video game wise.
This doesn't bode well for America.

jupiter

Smash Apprentice
If they can translate the updates in all of their languages EVERY NIGHT (or so it appears...unless they're prepare days ahead of time and is just "released" or "auto-posted" on the days they're supposed to be), then they most CERTAINLY can simultaneously translate AS they are producing and writing.

I never understand why translations are delayed for so long. Why would anyone wait until a game is DONE in their native language to take several months to translate it AFTER it's DONE??? Why not translate at the same time you're writing??!? It just boggles my mind...really bad production-strategy...really bad.

I live in North America, so I can't share in the anger all you PAL-kids feel, but it's really annoying....really really annoying to hear about this.

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
1) Nintendo should post a guide "how to mod your wii" alongside that story.

1½) what is the best mod chip? (piracy big in europe? wonder why...)

2) I wanna see smashbros.com/en_uk/ drag out on the updates for another 6 months... Oh look, it's sonics final smash for the fourth time.. wasn't expecting that!

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
They might be doing the tweaking thing they did for Melee for the PAL regions (I could be wrong on this, I know few details in that regard)

But it's a big suckfest for Europe all around. Too bad guys, I truly am sorry.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
i've never pirated any game, or anything like that, but i am seriously thinking of modding my wii and downloading the game.

If i did, id just end up buying the game later, right?

Or, i could show a video of me burning $50.

But i dont wanna screw up my wii....

WHAT CAN I DO?!!??!?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
European gamers should organize a boycott before the release. They won't buy it unless Nintendo offers an apology, an explanation and a promise to not let this happen again.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
They might be doing the tweaking thing they did for Melee for the PAL regions (I could be wrong on this, I know few details in that regard)
This cannot be possible, else PAL and NTSC versions of Brawl wouldn't be compatible with online play.

One of the reasons I am a very vexed European.

Shenz0r

Smash Apprentice
I just find it funny, how WarioWare Twisted was suppose to be out in June 2005 for Europe but now, there's still a big fat TBA.

And where I live, Trauma Centre: Second Opinion was a launch title for Wii, but it's TBA in Australia. >___>

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
If they can translate the updates in all of their languages EVERY NIGHT (or so it appears...unless they're prepare days ahead of time and is just "released" or "auto-posted" on the days they're supposed to be), then they most CERTAINLY can simultaneously translate AS they are producing and writing.

I never understand why translations are delayed for so long. Why would anyone wait until a game is DONE in their native language to take several months to translate it AFTER it's DONE??? Why not translate at the same time you're writing??!? It just boggles my mind...really bad production-strategy...really bad.

We don't know this. It might well be they do it simultaneously with the Japanese -> English translation (as doing that FIRST and then all other translations seems a bit dumb), but we can't say as we haven't got a spy in NoE. Since Sony and Microsoft seem to be doing fine on the localization part (2-3 weeks after NA release it gets here, usually), I don't know why Nintendo can't do it. Hate for Europe?

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*buys a wii mod hack*
Links to one please?[/B] SERIOUS ONES, NOT GOOGLE.COM.

EDIT: Actually, this is in December this was posted. How do I know this source was proven correct? Sakurai hasn't said to us that it's delayed. We SHOULD have heard something from Nintendo, not from a N-Informer website...

I don't believe this now. I wont believe it until I hear it from the Dojo.

True Fool

Smash Ace
:( sorry guys, my sympathies go out to you. I'll never understand why Nintendo and other various gaming companies screw European gamers all the time.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
*buys a wii mod hack*
Links to one please?[/B] SERIOUS ONES, NOT GOOGLE.COM.

EDIT: Actually, this is in December this was posted. How do I know this source was proven correct? Sakurai hasn't said to us that it's delayed. We SHOULD have heard something from Nintendo, not from a N-Informer website...

I don't believe this now. I wont believe it until I hear it from the Dojo.
Europe havent been given a release date, how is he going to announce a non-existant delay :laugh:. This entire thread is completely redundant.
Nothing has been confirmed nor deconfirmed officially about Brawl's European release date.

Not believing this info till the Dojo announces anything is your best bet, you're right. And i can imagine that the European release date would be announced sometime around the US release.

You know, somehow atthis point i cant seem to beleive that Nintendo Europe would have a release date so absurd, but again, i live in Australia, i'm probably in denial because i dont want to have to wait for Europe to get it, which is the case when it comes to us :ohwell:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The europe Q1 dates are done, but apparently the Q2 dates aren't fully locked in.

And while Wurope never had a date, Australia was told Q1 before the delay.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
...Q2 then by the looks of it.. Thats balls... T_T
Things like this really make people want to mod/hack their Wii's to make their Wii's be able to play the NTSC versions of the game.

I really wish Sakurai would give us a proper release date, It pisses me off that everywhere is going to get the game in less than a month apart from Europe.. >_<

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i lust hope, taht if they'll give us a late release date, that it'll be released the day that the summer school break starts ^^ i think it's 5 june for me.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
But if they announced a sooner release date, we'd all be happy.... So whats the point wishing for a later release date? The game is just going to get every inch of detail that we find spread around the forums anyway when the Japanese and American editions come out so theres no point having an edition of the game further down the line than those... >_<

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
I live in the UK so it's not much of a help for me.
Do you have one for the UK? I don't really trust the idea of using a website I don't understand.
Ack, no, sorry. This is the only website I'm sure of is trustworthy. Try googling around a bit, or ask a local game shop. They usually know some places.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
But if they announced a sooner release date, we'd all be happy.... So whats the point wishing for a later release date? The game is just going to get every inch of detail that we find spread around the forums anyway when the Japanese and American editions come out so theres no point having an edition of the game further down the line than those... >_<

Agree. Btw, playing is different than reading spoilers.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
It really depends on the release date whether I'm going to read about unlockables or not, so I hope they announce it soon.

Son Saku

Smash Apprentice
Except online, especially random, would be absolutely horrible then.
Why do you say so?
My japanese Star Fox Command works perfectly when playing online :)
And even my japanese Pokemon Battle Revolution and Pearl

Top Bottom