• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ethanrodgers223's Zelda Videos! *UPDATE: VS. ZINC ELEMENTAL!!*

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
awesome zelda, of course. Considering I Just played you, there was a change in your playstyle when you played me. In the movioes you don't make much use of your teleport, but when you palyed me, it was what destroyed me. But make sure not to overuse it, people who actually know how 2 play can tell where your going and you cold land ina fully charged forward smash

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Ya, it's no problem.

So, I won't upload them. I guess. They all weren't the last two.

"Oh Snap", I can vs. you know if you like.

Would it be okay if I could record some 3:00 min vids of us?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Well, I hate how CERTAIN people think I would do something like that.
Look, I don't know you, and you don't know me. I don't know what your intentions are, and I don't know what your motives are. From my outside point of view, I picked up a different message than what your intentions were. I was far too quick to guess, of course, but when I don't know someone and something like this happens (and when I have tons of experience with the opponent), along with the fact that I only saw one video, things form in my head and I say what's on my mind. It could be my fault for making assumptions, but at the same time, you cannot blame me or anyone else for thinking whatever they do about you if your presentation leads us to believe that.

If you're some angelic guy all the time, except for the one time where I see you beat up somebody (and if I don't know you prior), in my head and from my point of view, I'm going to make an assumption about you that might not be true of you. The point is that if you're going to upload your best matches, you also need to upload ones where you break almost even and ones where you just don't do so well. This gives people a better chance to gauge your playstyle and you offer proper critique. It's not meant to hurt you or anything, but if you want to be rated, you HAVE to upload your not-so-good matches. It might not be your intention to come across as the way you did to me, but regardless of what I think, two matches says nothing about you.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Look, I don't know you, and you don't know me. I don't know what your intentions are, and I don't know what your motives are. From my outside point of view, I picked up a different message than what your intentions were. I was far too quick to guess, of course, but when I don't know someone and something like this happens (and when I have tons of experience with the opponent), along with the fact that I only saw one video, things form in my head and I say what's on my mind. It could be my fault for making assumptions, but at the same time, you cannot blame me or anyone else for thinking whatever they do about you if your presentation leads us to believe that.

If you're some angelic guy all the time, except for the one time where I see you beat up somebody (and if I don't know you prior), in my head and from my point of view, I'm going to make an assumption about you that might not be true of you. The point is that if you're going to upload your best matches, you also need to upload ones where you break almost even and ones where you just don't do so well. This gives people a better chance to gauge your playstyle and you offer proper critique. It's not meant to hurt you or anything, but if you want to be rated, you HAVE to upload your not-so-good matches. It might not be your intention to come across as the way you did to me, but regardless of what I think, two matches says nothing about you.
I;m highly aware of that, thank you.

I only have two videos, so far, yes. Did you notice their both under three minutes? I have a 128MB SD card. It only goes as far as 2:40. If there was anyone else who would record any matches for me, that would be wonderful.

I've asked everyone I've played with if it was okay if I could record matches that I was able to record. They had no problem with it.

I'm not a pro, most likely never will be.

I know two videos don't say anything. That's why I've been asking people.

I have vids where I lost under three min. But If it's 2:41 or above, I can't record it.

I'm sorry that I came off rude.

My camera can only record so much.

I'm not angelic. I didn't beat up anyone. Sonic is my friend, I want him to train me - do you think I would purposely hurt him so he wouldn't help me.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Very nice. So you're one of those people who can kick well huh. -glare-

All I'd say for both Zelda's is probably Dtilt more, it builds damage and refreshes moves easier, since her grab and pummel both suck. But other than that great job.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Very well then.... though...

I'm not angelic. I didn't beat up anyone. Sonic is my friend, I want him to train me - do you think I would purposely hurt him so he wouldn't help me.
That part was just a random situation I threw up to describe my logic of how I viewed you. Of course you've never done this.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Correct.

Thank you.

So, I will have more videos up either today or tomorrow.

I have a couple of Lingy, waldorf2007, Coat, and some others.

Yes, I won all of the ones I'm showing. I lost A LOT to Coat, I don't really know how to handle an Ike player. Any suggestions? I mean he's a slow character. I should have no trouble with him - I can handle Bowser, DK, and Ganondorf usually without even thinking. But Ike...

And thanks, Ztarfish. I just remember the spacing from Melee. Most of the time I miss; I just get lucky.

And what sweet luck it is.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Correct.

Thank you.

So, I will have more videos up either today or tomorrow.

I have a couple of Lingy, waldorf2007, Coat, and some others.

Yes, I won all of the ones I'm showing. I lost A LOT to Coat, I don't really know how to handle an Ike player. Any suggestions? I mean he's a slow character. I should have no trouble with him - I can handle Bowser, DK, and Ganondorf usually without even thinking. But Ike...

And thanks, Ztarfish. I just remember the spacing from Melee. Most of the time I miss; I just get lucky.

And what sweet luck it is.
Ike is BAAAAD for Zelda.... press down +B

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Well, I'm not a great Sheik player. I want to stick with Zelda. I feel like I'm betraying her or something. But I guess it's still her.

Well, I'm off to the Sheik Forum.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well, I'm not a great Sheik player. I want to stick with Zelda. I feel like I'm betraying her or something. But I guess it's still her.

Well, I'm off to the Sheik Forum.
I'm just being honest.... Zelda vs. Ike is 55:45 Ike according to most Shiek vs. ike is 80:20 shiek

what's Zelda got over shiek? power, range, a bit of weight... well... Ike has all of that and MORE on Zelda...

shiek, on the other hand, counters Ike's game in every way... easy gimps, great combo ability, needles stop quick draw, speed to buset through ike's defenses...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm just being honest.... Zelda vs. Ike is 55:45 Ike according to most Shiek vs. ike is 80:20 shiek

what's Zelda got over shiek? power, range, a bit of weight... well... Ike has all of that and MORE on Zelda...

shiek, on the other hand, counters Ike's game in every way... easy gimps, great combo ability, needles stop quick draw, speed to buset through ike's defenses...
She sure does, the ftilt lock is an Ike's worst nightmare:)

P.S. awwwww you guys made up, this is the reason I play smash, because of feel good stories like this one:)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
She sure does, the ftilt lock is an Ike's worst nightmare:)

P.S. awwwww you guys made up, this is the reason I play smash, because of feel good stories like this one:)
:chuckle: I was never angey with ethan in the first place... just disapointed with the implications of the video... but I digress.

Ftilt lock isn't ALL shiek has on Ike.

1. Needles let shiek camp all day if she want to... and there's not much sadder than an ike forced to approach with fair or eat a bunch of needles.
  2. Ftilt not only locks at certain damages, but also combos into any one of shiek's smashes or one of shiek's aerials depending on how Ike DIs out of it.
  3. if ike activates one of his slower attacks, shiek has the option of pretty much any move in the repetoir to punish Ike with before his attack can come out.
  4. shiek has the speed to reliably penetrate ike's massive range and also has the speed to continue applying pressure by following up with comboes.
  5. Shiek can fairly easily gimp ike at any damage... so his weight doesn't necesarily preserve him for long life.... in fact... it's part of what hurts him so much by making him easy to combo.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Okay, I just finished uploading me vs. "super-7".

YouTube is undergoing changes, so I can't access it right now. I'll post it tomorrow.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
I'll be as general as I can.

Grab more. Particularly running grabs. Too much dash attacking shields.
Mix up your approach with empty spaced short hops. Good for baiting.
Experiment with tilts and Down Smash. It'll help you to work these into your spacing game and in getting kills.
Learn to memorize moments of lag especially in Zelda dittos. Capitalize on these moments with grabs or a kill move.
Din's Fire while recovering above your opponent is usually not a good idea. Just concentrate on either grabbing the ledge or getting back on the stage.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay ethan...

your match with Super-7 is more a testament to him not playing an impressive fox (in this vid at least) and killing himself a few times than you doing anything amazing to him... honestly your zelda against him was doing quite poorly... okay let's see what I can do for advice...

I STUPIDLY just cleared off a vid of me 3 stocking a compitent fox otherwise I'd send it for you to see how to use shiek better.

okay... let's see

SHIEK
- FTILT LOCK THAT SOB
it's not very hard at all to get him in this... any dtilt, powershield or grab should lead into it... and it can lock until about 100 damage and can chain into usmash or dsmash well.

Zelda
- PLAY DEFENSIVELY!!!!!!
it's not that zelda ALWAYS has to play defensively.... but going offensive against fox is just a bad idea... you want to make him come to you and you bull rushed him which is, really, what caused all your problems in that matchup.

If I'm going to be honest.... it looks more like you got lucky than anything else with the number of SDs fox had :ohwell: your shiek is just... to fresh.... it needs more work.... and your zelda playstyle was not suited well for facing a fox.... gotta be more defensive there

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I've tried so hard to try that "lock" thing, I just can't pull it off.

Besides, that's sorta cheating, isn't it?

Anyway, my new vid of me vs. my friend "Coat"that's currently 53% uploaded shows some nice things. Like I think I've improved on combos.

As for the video I'm editing in Movie Maker, (Music, things like that, I'm not trying to take things out.) I tried to Dair him, and it didn't sweetspot, and the ledge was open, totally missed and died. I can't control the other 8 points of FW that well yet.

EDIT: The video just finished uploading. It should be avaliable by clicking this link: http://www.youtube.com/ethanrodgers223

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Alright, my new video is up. If anyone can please critique it, that'd be swell.

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGKkYfjATiY

I'll post some of my Sheik when I can. I'm not really good with him currently. -_-

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. THREE POSTS IN A ROW. I SERIOUSLY DO NOT KNOW HOW THAT HAPPENED. I just hit reply, because it said the last post was by Sonic. Stupid computer.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
More critiques for that marth than the Zelda in this video.
Both of you attacked in the wrong direction several times.

Marth
- IMPROPER SPACING BIG TIME
- Needs more Forward-Air
- Got hit with way to much din's (bad airdodging)
- I wouldn't recomend dash attack unless you are trying to punish lag and that's all you can get out
- More side+B would be a blessing
- VERY BAD SPACING (needs to be mentioned again)

Zelda
-Too muh rolling
- a few times he was right on top of you and you didn't use Nayru's or Dsmash.... I would have.
- Nothing else too major... you played as well as you had to to beat that marth... just don't expect most marths to be that easy.

marth was doing a lot of things wrong.... was there considerable lag?

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
So have I improved any?

I need to work on my Sheik more, even though my Zelda isn't perfect.

I've tried that Ftilt lock today, it helped so much!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So have I improved any?

I need to work on my Sheik more, even though my Zelda isn't perfect.

I've tried that Ftilt lock today, it helped so much!
yes... considering that first vid you used about 5 different moves total... you have gained a lot more versatility.... it still isn't perfect, but it's improved a LOT....

and, yes... Ftilt IS a huge help.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
mmmm, nice match vs coat. You could've grabbed a few times in the beginning but you dash attacked or spot dodged instead. Just pointing out a few things. I really like your zelda though.

For some sheik tricks ledge hop reverse needle to edge guard people who are recovering from a low angle. It's a nasty edgeguard and if you do it at the height of her jump you'll grab the ledge right away. Sheik has a really nasty game off of the ledge that some people over look.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Hey ethanrodgers. This may sound really random, but would it be alright if we played each other sometime.

lol I usually don't randomly ask people to brawl me, but for some reason I feel the need to play you, scary :ohwell:

Oh and I main 3 characters. One is Zelda, of course, but you'll find out the other two if we get a chance to play ;) and I'm sure we can both learn a few things too.

P.S. I'll also play anyone else that is willing. I need to face more Zelda mainers, i've seen very few :(

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Okay, I can play you know if you like.

Is there any way you could record our matches?

If not, I can, only if they are under 2min and 40 secs!

BRING IT!

Lol, that is weird...

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sure, I'll be on in a few minutes. But I can't record any matches, but we don't need to :)

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
Most sheik mains don't use the chain jacket, but try using short hop chain instead. if you hit with the short hop chain, it almost ensures a sweet spot

Slyfer070

Smash Cadet
First of all, it's really hard to look at your videos because i love the songs on them so much, but I was able to get on a computer that doesnt have speakers so i can actually look at the video instead of dancing to the songs lol. Anyway.

You have a good foundation on Zelda that I can see, but I would be interested to see how you would fare against a good Marth, because the one you fought was not. His two primary moves(Fair and sideB) were barely used if used at all.

You gotta learn how and when to dtilt. There were so many times you could have dtilt>dsmash, but you just did a dsmash instead. Dtilt is such an effective tool because it flows so well into her dsmash and her upsmash.

Lightning Kick. Learn how to land it on a stationary person EVERYTIME because if you know a moment your opponent will be left vulnerable for a split second you'll be able to hit with it that much more. The key to landing it is prediction. Learn to space it well. Learn to threaten with it. You more or less just...fall into a LK instead of Short hopping it or spacing it out to land it. That's all I have for now. Hope that helped even a little.

EDIT: Just wanted to say you have a nasty habit of dash attacking. Competent players will punish you HARD if you did it that much. It's a good move to use sparingly and when the opening presents itself.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
*wishes to participate in Zelda dittos and Princess vs. Princess fights*
My Zelda needs practice =/
Hey, I'll face you! Two of my mains are Zelda and Peach so It should be fun. Just PM me went you want to brawl. I might be able to today, but I'm not sure, I might be going out in the evening, we'll see.

Silent_Rain

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I'll face you! Two of my mains are Zelda and Peach so It should be fun. Just PM me went you want to brawl. I might be able to today, but I'm not sure, I might be going out in the evening, we'll see.
yes dude we should! maybe tomorrow, in the evening if I don't go out. *shrugs* We definitely should play though. I need to play more Zelda players. Any other takers for dittos and epic princess vs. princess battles?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
yes dude we should! maybe tomorrow, in the evening if I don't go out. *shrugs* We definitely should play though. I need to play more Zelda players. Any other takers for dittos and epic princess vs. princess battles?
I might be going out tomorrow too. Well, actually I am :laugh:
But I'll PM you when I can play :)

Top Bottom