• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escajehubus is NOT inhuman.

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
XD Lucas not doing a single usmash on Corneria? Blasphemy.

I think I'll wait for more vids before I say anything else; that didn't seem too serious.

rinoH

Smash Lord
the match was okay that Lucas needed to use more nair though but the Lucas had massive mindgames

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
No matter how you're playing Pit you're not using enough Mirror Shield.

Edit: Actually watched Video now.

A lot of Glide approaches. It's not too bad to use it a lot but you might wanna cancel a few Glides early before you reach your opponent and not always go for the Glide Attack so you're not so easy to read.

What exactly was your plan at 1:42? In any case the Lucas probably should have killed you.

And more Mirror Shield.

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, since I play a lot of people worse than me, I do stuff like whip my Mirror Shield out at random points, and it kind of works. I will spin around normal attacks a lot and just toy with them. My favorite thing to do is MS Falco's Phantasm just because I can and it makes my friends mad.

Esca

Smash Champion
kown best pit in texas.
Kown lost to DingDing in tournament. Right after Kown loses, I beat a more difficult Link.
Kown beat Light at HOBO 14, repeatedly. I played Light after, and went even, then Light mm's Kown. Destroys him.
I beat Kown in Pit ditto's.
PhantomX claims I was/am better.
Light says I'm better.
Anyone that has played us both simultaneously says I'm better.

Unless you count ledge-camping. >.>

kown

Smash Lord
you beat me once (in your entire span of playing pit) in friendlies....IN DITTOS...means nothing..friendlies means nothing
i lost to ding ding. this is the same day i lost to you once in friendlies. everyone knows i should of won and that i was having a bad day. NO JOHNS you beat me in one friendliy,,,not a set
I beat light's mk at hobo 14...you beat his shiek at hobo 14.
than your saying that i play to win in friendlies and by losing to phantom X (in friendlies) im worst...

get yo facts straight!! friendlies mean nothing to me...

unless you count ledge camping...lolololol

this is only a response to the post above...

oh and ive beaten pierre in tourney... the best lucas prolly.

and im better at basketball so i auto win everything...you didnt go to ozz's..lame mm basketball haha
i still think your awesome but u did me wrong. cuz i was just messing around in the earlier post.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Hey now... I said from what I'd remembered at the HOBO a long time ago that I'd played kown you were better. When I played him again I said you guys play way to different to compare.

Course I usually hear *****ing in livestream that at least ONE of you guys camps like a ***** at the ledge, lol.

kown

Smash Lord
thatd be me.... LOL. furbs said hed never talk to me again..i laughed a little.
and yea esca your twisting things to appear like its in your favor.

Esca

Smash Champion
Wow, Kown, go get your own thread man. Your really dumb. You ledge-camp your *** off, sure it's a viable strategy, but what do you get from winning? You placed 5 out of what? 20? NICE. lol.

Light beat you in a mm with ROB...

anyways, back to subject.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
dude we all know who the best pit in texas is so just stop arguing *points at self*

:chuckle:

and yea kown Furbs was pissed!

did u play most of your matches campy like that? i know u did against razer lol

and esca u should have gone to ozzfest but its ok we'll def. rep at Whobo :)

Esca

Smash Champion
Hell yeah, we should be hyping this stuff up. We Texas Pits are at equal level. =]

Seiya, did you go to TDWP? I went at 5, but they were sold out.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Equal level? Great, I should challenge kown and seiya to MMs cuz I stole this esca kid's money~

lol, jp, i love you guys come to mizumi con on saturday.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Quite average of a pit player esca. You got the basics down, but no ATs???? Pit's all about the Ats.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
your pit is decent i suppose. But ur pit heavily relies on smashes. Which is actually ur main weakness. Using his smashes over and over like that is never a good idea. Just watching u play your pit i could see it would be really predictable. Not to be mean or anything, but your arrow game is rather basic, ur fighting style has very little combo potential at best. U used a few wing stalls which is good, and the wing cancel to push lucas away was nicely timed. Ur glide approaches were rather umm not a great idea. If it were me i would have easily punished you when u tried those. U came from way too far away. and straight at him. A simple PK fire or something would have caught u. My only real advice for you is to learn how to fight without smashing aside for killing blows, at least for now. Those attacks will kill pretty well when fresh. Use some arrow loops, even if u dont intend to hit them. They will become paranoid whenever u shoot an arrow. Other stuff as well but i rather not keep rambling.

And no Tsnmi pit isnt just about ATs. His ATs are nice and everything but pit can do great with just basics and using his ability to combo. Mid to close range ownage on someone with pit will probably do alot better then and super abuse of AT's. Ats should be used to change up ur game now and then. but just constantly relying on them will make u predictable anyway.

As for the mirror shield comment before. I would say u used a bit too much mirror shield. Especially against a lucas player who didnt really PK fire all that much or ever have to really recover with pk thunder.

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
Hell yeah, we should be hyping this stuff up. We Texas Pits are at equal level. =]

Seiya, did you go to TDWP? I went at 5, but they were sold out.
lol frealz kown and i placed right next to each other lol and Whobo should be siiiick!

gah i was gonna go but they were sold out! thats so lame :/

but srsly hit me up next time u go to a show!!! if not ill cry lol:urg:

Equal level? Great, I should challenge kown and seiya to MMs cuz I stole this esca kid's money~

lol, jp, i love you guys come to mizumi con on saturday.
i believe we already have one in the waiting amirite? lol honestly wario is one of my worst matchups personally ha but i wanna try to overcome my fear of warios lol

ESCA teach me teh Wario matchup!

o and i agree with what Ryos said but those are easily fixed and in time and more experience your pit will become less predictable and more efficient :)

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
seiya beat RT and sethlon at the tournament on wensday, and he also beat shuz

thats pretty good.....

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Quite average of a pit player esca. You got the basics down, but no ATs???? Pit's all about the Ats.
Scrub comment.

ATs don't make you better.

Also Seiya's the best. From what I've heard, he's the only Texas Pit that Xyro hasn't called trash. I remember "Kown is trash" at the beginning of HOBO 14 and "Esca is trash" at the end of it lol.

jk =P

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
seiya beat RT and sethlon at the tournament on wensday, and he also beat shuz

thats pretty good.....
Scrub comment.

Also Seiya's the best. From what I've heard, he's the only Texas Pit that Xyro hasn't called trash. I remember "Kown is trash" at the beginning of HOBO 14 and "Esca is trash" at the end of it lol.

jk =P

lol y'all are too kind idk guess we'll settle this at Whobo?

KY glad youre going do u know of any other pits going?

haha and Xyro is a character his greeting is "hey scumbag" and he'll randomly walk up and tickle you and is always like "hey buddy you ok?" lol

and yeh agreed ATs are nice to help mix up the match but they dont define the player

kown

Smash Lord
being called trash is more of a compliment than it is an insult...only from xyro tho. so in yo face seiya!! haha jk...good **** on beating RT. i didnt know you took him out. were they close?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
being called trash is more of a compliment than it is an insult...only from xyro tho. so in yo face seiya!! haha jk...good **** on beating RT. i didnt know you took him out. were they close?
Seiya also took out seth at ozzfest

for the record, kown is the best pit in texas......i guess the loss to ding ding thing was just a "once in a life time" screw up(excluding kown being born)

oh and im sorry i left you out seiya

YOU ARE TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
lol not too close like both last stock but i had a low percent both times i think

Seiya also took out seth at ozzfest

for the record, kown is the best pit in texas......i guess the loss to ding ding thing was just a "once in a life time" screw up(excluding kown being born)

oh and im sorry i left you out seiya

YOU ARE TRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol yea frealz though i still consider kown best pit in texas i mean im still a rookie :/

but ill surpass him one day :)

and i honestly thought kown was sandbagging against ding ding but just forgot to turn off the sandbagging and it cost him the match lol

and aw thanx Xyro now i dont feel so left out :chuckle:

Gea

Smash Master
This thread cracks me up. Furbs got owned on and off the court. OOOHHH BURN

yeah yeah I didn't enter

Edit for Furbs: I thought the thread was funny because all these Pit players are trying to be number one over each other, not that you got stalled out by a runaway Pit, Furbs. Also you playing basketball was pretty funny.

heytallman

CTALL
oh and ive beaten pierre in tourney... the best lucas prolly.
Pierre isn't the best Lucas....there's lots that are probably better, and some I know are better.

Esca, I don't know much about Pit to critique yours, but no Lucas should get rocked that bad on Corneria. No joke. Who WAS that Lucas? I've never heard of him.

heytallman

CTALL
Yea my bad Tallman is the best Lucas! How come you didn't stay at ozzfest?
Whoa whoa whoa now, I am nowhere near the best Lucas. And I can admit that. I was thinking of people like Oats, Galeom, Tyr, ZMan, etc who place well with Lucas consistently. I always place in the middle, remember? And I didn't stay long at Ozzfest because I was out and about doing things with a friend, but we were in the area so I decided to stop by to say hi to everyone.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I wouldn't even consider esca a pit main (he mains Diddy and would use IC against me) but his pit is not bad at all. He beat Jerm with it and Kalo too.

i think Kown is the best pit in texas with Seiya just a little behind him. They play differently. but they're both very good and have taken out good people. Esca... maybe even with Seiya or a little behind him.

And yea, why do all pits like using smashes to rack up damage? you got jabs for a reason.

TsNmi

Smash Cadet
Scrub comment.

I agree that I'm a scrub, but I dunno about that AT thing. If anything, it would help. All the techniques that the pit board has accumulated would be rendered obsolete if that were true. Imagine if the top ranked pits stopped wingdashing and wing stalling and whatnot.

Btw, aside form the ATs. To correct myself, i DID see some ATs:
Two wingdash. One wing stall. One of the wing dashes and the wing stall worked perfectly and were time right. Should do them more often.

and aside from Ats:
alot of weird, random glides. One mirror shield. And a whole lot of smashes, some i thought were random hoping he'd run into it. And weird music.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I agree that I'm a scrub, but I dunno about that AT thing. If anything, it would help. All the techniques that the pit board has accumulated would be rendered obsolete if that were true. Imagine if the top ranked pits stopped wingdashing and wing stalling and whatnot.
ATs aren't what make you good or bad. A player first needs to master the basics of the game. That way, once they learn the ATs they'll know when and how to use them and add them to their game.

Being able to arrow loop doesn't help you if you can never hit your target. You could say it's a mindgame, but how does mindgaming your opponent help if you dont know the basics of how to follow up?

ATs are great and they can be helpful, but they're not an important aspect. Danny, considered one of the best Pits currently, doesnt use a single AT. See my point?

Top Bottom