• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epita Smash Arena 2 - Paris - 23 & 24 February 2008 - Up to 256 Players !

EK

Smash Journeyman
guess this means I'll have to keep on with Falco :ohwell:
still I don't know if he'll be my main.
You are far better with Falco, your game fits falco much better, you must have that blaster to approach your enemy if not you just get dash danced to grab all day ;)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
estimated starting time, estimated ending time, and so on ...

specualations xD

well, and there wasn´t too much stuff completely off-topic in the last xy Pages xD

oh yeah, another thing i´m not so sure about:

do we have to pay for the food (prolly)
do we have to pay entrance fee (for tourney/hall)
i know you have sponsors (ssbup ftw xD) but i dont think it´s said very clearly in the first post

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
we're still unsure of the sponsors we can get, SSBUP is just an association we created and we're using it to help the tournament, but a sponsor would be much more help financially...
Food is included in the entrance fee, which I will announce once and for all when I have answer from Poilon.
yes, you HAVE TO pay the entrance fee to even watch matches inside the venue.

I don't know exactly the schedules but I think Poilon wants it to start quite early in the morning (maybe 10am, or even earlier). again, I will ask him the definite schedule, to be sure :)

Catharsis

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I'm M. (but the forum don't allows nicknames of less than 3 letters). The Smashers of BCN are arriving at France at 16pm approx. (I can't assure it)

I have a question about the freeplays:
until when we could play freeplays during friday?

Faab

Smash Ace
Why don't you people stop bothering the american players. They will not fit in a european crew at all. If you wanna play with them just ask them at the tournament for matches, if they wanna play they say yes, if not they say no.

If you want lots of country's playing the regional crews you should make it 5 man crews. But this is up to the host. If they don't like it then just get more people from you're country to come.

Cort

Apple Head
Poilon? I remember him from GameFAQs and stadium, hehe.

What kind of food will there be? Americans love food... LOL

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Escargots (snails) are tasty, especially with cheese or herb butter. =]

Dutch interest, including my own, is pretty big at the moment. I'd love to see an update about crews ASAP (10 man regionals obviously). In crews, I also think someone should be able to change characters if the opponent chooses the stage.

As for the rules as a whole, I feel they're a bit outdated, which I guess is the French way. They won't stop me from coming, but I'd prefer to at least have stage banning available. What about that?

Cort: You and PC showing up would be awesome.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I really wanna taste snails. I've eaten a lot of weird things, that has shown to not taste bad at all. Mussels, Octopus, Frogs(not that good, but still :p ), but I've never eaten snails before. I also have tasted a grass-shake energy drink(if you survive that, you can survive anything)
Gotta try those snails, really :lick:

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
You should all probably try to unlearn English aswell, as it's very rude to speak anything but French in France :p
I can bring a pocket PC with a bad English to French-translator.
That should definetly help a lot. Omg, no one but the frenchies can read french anyways :p
It's like a code language.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
lol, i can read french, but ever tried listening and understanding?
someone asked me if i could show him a big shop where he wanted to buy something, and i didnt know what he wanted, and when i understood, i forgot what "to walk" meant ...

i hate the language

(love baguette though ;) )

$hYne

Smash Ace
Germany, but i dont use this account anymore, my n
lol, i can read french, but ever tried listening and understanding?
someone asked me if i could show him a big shop where he wanted to buy something, and i didnt know what he wanted, and when i understood, i forgot what "to walk" meant ...

i hate the language

(love baguette though ;) )
croissant > baguette

and lol i remember this guy.
Wasn't that on the way home from RtBodio2 ?

And lol at i was the one who understood what that guy wanted tho i never had french in school.

Anyway, as long as the hosts speak english there should be no prob .

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
and lol i remember this guy.
Wasn't that on the way home from RtBodio2 ?
no.
that was in freiburg when i was at a döner shop with shaun

go home
you´re not awesome

but yeah, there was something when you understood something i didnt... but wasnt that something italian due to latin?!

peyudosmith

Smash Journeyman
well I can read and speak a little bit of french and english of course.. that would be a nice handicap to meet people ;) ;)

btw I would not understand very well the japanese guys.. I wish I could :S :S

Vegard

Smash Lord
I can bring a pocket PC with a bad English to French-translator.
That should definetly help a lot. Omg, no one but the frenchies can read french anyways :p
It's like a code language.
Don't forget we have Norwwegians like Marte and Kriz who really look forward at improving their french =)

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Don't forget we have Norwwegians like Marte and Kriz who really look forward at improving their french =)
Hopefully they'll learn me how to speak french on the flight to France :)

Right now the only french sentence I can say is "I do not speak french". The only sentence I need, but still =)

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
lol Luma you got it right ! perfect french here :)

on a side note, I'd like anyone who is booked to send me a pm or an email to tell me the arrival date and the leaving date. I also want to know if you will be able to pay in advance the tournament, by money transfer or paypal. last but not least, I want to know what languages you speak or understand at least a bit.
thank you :)

Top Bottom