• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Epic of Woodbridge III

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yea greg i think thats what keeps a lot of us playing. not the game itself, but just wanting to beat each other. lol its actually kinda dumb but f*ck it
I just can't swallow certain people being better than me at anything. Lol

hova

Smash Champion
i still don't understand how people can have such dislike for a game and still continue to waste an entire Saturday playing it... i mean i love the game and i hardly ever want to come to tournies; you guys would never see me if i didn't like brawl

i'd rather have fun with the game (play Peach/Marth) than have it boil down to just trying to beat the next guy no matter the cost. fortunately it's worked out for me... in doubles anyway

tight tourney.

k9, boss, gimr, jose, deez, TAJ- thanks for the 5hrs of friendlies after the tourney was over. definitely the best part of the day

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I mean, Four Swords was the highlight of my day. Lol.

That and playing Chillin'. He's sees through 95% of my **** and vice versa so it feels like a battle of the minds when we're standing in front of each other and waiting for the other person to sidestep/do something stupid.

It's still rather draining to play this game for 12 hours.

Not to mention it's not very rewarding knowing that if you don't practice, you don't really get left behind. On the other side, if you do practice, you don't really notice any improvement in your game. That's why I have such love for SF4 and Melee.

hova

Smash Champion
Azen has showed plenty of times that you can take a break from Melee and not be too far behind

I'm also certain Chu would go back to melee right now and dominant within a month or two

don't confuse being rusty technically to being left behind in terms of skill/knowledge

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Yeah good stuff Oath, you're not a fraud to me XD

I like teaming with the woodbridge guys (anyone who lives in the area registers to me as woodbridge), you guys are awesome.

Taj, BMX, ADA, team with me sometime. Forte team with me one day when i'm good enough! Also, Coney should team with me
Team with me :p I'm good in teams ^_^

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I mean, yea that makes sense.

Major props to Thumbs and Chu. Best Diddy in MD/VA coming back? Chu reppin' the H2YL dominance.

I want an XBOX 360. Someone sell me theres.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Singles:
1. Chu (Kirby)
2. Omni (MK)
3. Chillin (Snake, Falco, Metaknight)
4. Meep (Ice Climbers)
5. Thumbswayup (Diddy)
5. Candy (Forfeited) (Snake)
7. G-regulate (Snake)
7. Boss (Luigi)
9. Forte (Metaknight)
9. Fraud (ROB, Wario)
9. Yoster (Metaknight)
9. Hova (Peach)
13. ESOJ
13. K-9
13. SlikVik
13. God-is-my-rock
17. Mattix
17. BMX
17. HMS
17. Tantalus
17. EEvisu
17. Sin
17. Copasetic
17. CK
25. Lie
25. Jett
25. Shinku
25. JJvirus
25. Vanilla Waffle
25. Bonk
25. Bolt
25. Crim
33. Crashland
33. Oh.
33. ChuDis
33. Scott Ray
33. Ace
33. ADA
33. Joe
33. Pulse
33. Aposl
33. RCyclone
33. BetaZealot

Honestly, just look at what the better brawl players prefer in terms of games. Doesn't that alone tell you something?

chu - prefers melee
omni - prefers melee
chillin - prefers melee
meep?!?! - prefers melee
thumbs - prefers melee
candy - is a homo and likes brawl
g-reg - prefers melee
boss - prefers melee i think? or at least likes both equal.

meepxzero

Smash Master
melee definitely is a better game. Id go back to it if the whole smash community did. But yea LOL i agree with people playing this game cuz we hate losing to one another. I hate losing to omni who doesnt even play this **** game. This games just free money to him cuz hes mad smart in general.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I hate Smash. -_-
I quitted this game yesterday. Twas a gay time. -_-
Dude please quit with the pity party. This is the first time you have placed badly in tourney(according to your own standards)

why are you giving up so easily? That's just weak man. If I gave up every time I feel I did badly at a tourney I would of quit during the Melee days.:ohwell:

Just keep your head up and keep getting better

@K9: no problem man

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
i still don't understand how people can have such dislike for a game and still continue to waste an entire Saturday playing it... i mean i love the game and i hardly ever want to come to tournies; you guys would never see me if i didn't like brawl

i'd rather have fun with the game (play Peach/Marth) than have it boil down to just trying to beat the next guy no matter the cost.
This. Case Closed.

It's still rather draining to play this game for 12 hours.

Not to mention it's not very rewarding knowing that if you don't practice, you don't really get left behind. On the other side, if you do practice, you don't really notice any improvement in your game. That's why I have such love for SF4 and Melee.
I agree to an extent with this.. but this can be with any fighter in my opinion. Melee can be the same way.. as you said when you referred to Azen or Chu.

Honestly, just look at what the better brawl players prefer in terms of games. Doesn't that alone tell you something?

chu - prefers melee
omni - prefers melee
chillin - prefers melee
meep?!?! - prefers melee
thumbs - prefers melee
g-reg - prefers melee
Oh my god Plaink, shut the **** up.. Melee is dead. If you prefer, and want to play it... revive it and bring it back. Plain and simple, don't camp the BRAWL boards with your melee shenanigans. GG.

Still <3 you. :)

thumbswayup

Smash Master
i always wanna quit, its a bad game and its rarely fun to play singles in tournament

but every now and then ill lose to thumbs, and theres no way ill quit knowing that i cant beat thumbs..

if anything, bad losses only make me wanna get that much better. i just hate losing, even if it is a bad game.
lol I always have fun playing your Snake even when I lose.

We should get some Melee training in for Pound 4.

chu - prefers melee
omni - prefers melee
chillin - prefers melee
meep?!?! - prefers melee
thumbs - prefers melee
g-reg - prefers melee
<3 Plank

can you just leave me alone about i'm not enter singles ? lol
it's pretty annoying -_-

why don't you go get some Diddy practice
DAAAAAAAAAMN

HOPE YOUR RUMBLE OFF

G-REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEG

BMX

Smash Lord
Dude please quit with the pity party. This is the first time you have placed badly in tourney(according to your own standards)

why are you giving up so easily? That's just weak man. If I gave up every time I feel I did badly at a tourney I would of quit during the Melee days.:ohwell:

Just keep your head up and keep getting better
Cool story, bro.

You honestly don't understand where my truth lies for quitting.
At least I didn't pull a Dark Peach and cry like a ***** or post a thread of my life.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Can you all stop *****ing please?

If the melee players really control the community than just start a melee scene again and gtfo.

Less mess for me to clean up.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
i should quit going to tournaments then meep, if you guys only play for money, thats stupid. You could make more money working at mcdonalds 30 hours a week

It would be cool to place in the money, but if everyone just because they want to win money and not to play the game, there is no point for me to actually beat anyone, its not fun.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
i Should Quit Going To Tournaments Then Meep, If You Guys Only Play For Money, Thats Stupid. You Could Make More Money Working At Mcdonalds 30 Hours A Week

It Would Be Cool To Place In The Money, But If Everyone Just Because They Want To Win Money And Not To Play The Game, There Is No Point For Me To Actually Beat Anyone, Its Not Fun.
^^^ qft

meepxzero

Smash Master
im making a point with chillin and omni who prefer other games over brawl. People like that have existed since melee, but most actually enjoyed the game lol.

Oath.

Smash Ace
quiting only makes you suck even more, and melee is dead and is lame : / game is old as as phuck. Get with the times dawg

hova

Smash Champion
Can you all stop *****ing please?

If the melee players really control the community than just start a melee scene again and gtfo.

Less mess for me to clean up.

lmao. K9 is tight. i still feel bad about the water cooler

i'm fine with people not liking Brawl and can understand why they don't like it. just stop crying about it after every tourney. there are plenty of other options available on a Saturday, competitive gaming or otherwise

MK is ghey!!

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
Singles:
1. Chu (Kirby) - It was nice talking to you, I leaned so much from just listening. Thanks for answering my questions! I'll get back to you with that Falco thing. H2YL is too good...
2. Omni (MK) - You're mad good at SF4. Boxer is amazing~
3. Chillin (Snake, Falco, Metaknight) - Who wants to be a millionaire?! Can I get some Falco help sometime?
4. Meep (Ice Climbers) - Top 4 awww yeah.
5. Thumbswayup (Diddy) - GOOD ****! YOU ARE SO GOOD. GG BEATING G-REG.
5. Candy (Forfeited) (Snake) - Boo.... D:
7. G-regulate (Snake) - **** when you used your lighter to select brawl was awesome.
7. Boss (Luigi) - WTF with gaw in teams...
9. Forte (Metaknight) - Nice to see you again.
9. Fraud (ROB, Wario) - D:
9. Yoster (Metaknight) - Gay planking D:
9. Hova (Peach) - Best peach ever.
13. ESOJ
13. K-9 - Really nice tournament. Your dog is so cute!
13. SlikVik - I'll get him next time.
13. God-is-my-rock - Host more tourneys.
17. Mattix - Nice Marth from what I saw.
17. BMX - =(
17. HMS - ?
17. Tantalus - Where the hell did that fox come from?
17. EEvisu - Teach me d3 pro. Thanks a lot for the support.
17. Sin - I'll get you next time!! I want my dollar back D:
17. Copasetic - Best toon link I've ever played. 180%?!?!
17. CK
25. Lie - MM's are too good?
25. Jett
25. Shinku
25. JJvirus - Sweet mohawk
25. Vanilla Waffle - You are luigi.
25. Bonk - It was nice finally seeing you.
25. Bolt
25. Crim - =(
33. Crashland
33. Oh.
33. ChuDis
33. Scott Ray
33. Ace
33. ADA - Get a haircut hippie!
33. Joe
33. Pulse
33. Aposl
33. RCyclone
33. BetaZealot - Way to let people down you scrub. How are you gonna keep your promise if you place like that!?!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
lmao. K9 is tight. i still feel bad about the water cooler

i'm fine with people not liking Brawl and can understand why they don't like it. just stop crying about it after every tourney. there are plenty of other options available on a Saturday, competitive gaming or otherwise

MK is ghey!!
The water cooler wasn't your fault, it's okay. It still works anyway. =o

ChuDat

Smash Master
I would appreciate it if you would shut ur mouth Thumbs and if you have anything to say to me about something like that, please pm me. Please edit your post as well.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I worked at a bank and it was kinda fun (the people were fun at least).

And I had a birthday party at six flags where a girl threw up on me.

Also, melee aside, I'd just like to say that from the two tournaments I've been to in this area, MD/VA tournaments are a lot better than MA tournaments. The people I've met here are a lot more fun and the tourneys are more laid back. To the people I got the chance to play with yesterday- good ****, all were good matches and I had fun. I'll try and make a couple more tournaments before I head back north.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
I worked at a bank and it was kinda fun (the people were fun at least).

And I had a birthday party at six flags where a girl threw up on me.

Also, melee aside, I'd just like to say that from the two tournaments I've been to in this area, MD/VA tournaments are a lot better than MA tournaments. The people I've met here are a lot more fun and the tourneys are more laid back. To the people I got the chance to play with yesterday- good ****, all were good matches and I had fun. I'll try and make a couple more tournaments before I head back north.
If you know Bloodcross, bring him with you :)

ChuDat

Smash Master
Copacetic - Glad u enjoyed our tournament =). I have another tournament that I am hosting on the 27th if you haven't heard about it. There's also another tournament next weekend called the C3 June Judgement tournament. When it comes to chillaxin while gaming with ur friends at a tournament, MD/VA is where its at!

I would like to thank everyone who stayed and help clean up after the tournament was finished =). Also, thank you to everyone who came to support this tournament to make it a big success. This was the most competitive tournament we've had in MD/VA in a while now and it was real fun with everyone there. I hope to see all the familiar faces at upcoming tournaments!

ChuDat

Smash Master
Like I said. If you have stupid **** to say, please pm me about it.

Why are people b***ing/complaining/instigating **** in this whole thread? This was an AWESOME tournament. EVERYONE was here (aside from Azen). There was a cute dog that everyone had fun playing with. This ruckus isn't even created by Sin or Lie neither haha.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
chu wtf at taking 40% of venue?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!

and u didnt help clean up after words >_>

you;ll see i;ll show ya!!

yo i gotta admit this is true i mean like we even stayed here as did gimr and aposl and clean up everything..

it didnt seem like you were even running the tourney i saw you sleeping.. but k-9 did the brackets and all ....i mean i guess if this is the job of a cohost then **** sign me up!

Originals and woodbridge presents instead??

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Like I said. If you have stupid **** to say, please pm me about it.

Why are people b***ing/complaining/instigating **** in this whole thread? This was an AWESOME tournament. EVERYONE was here (aside from Azen). There was a cute dog that everyone had fun playing with. This ruckus isn't even created by Sin or Lie neither haha.
but that's not the point..

the point is that you took 40% pf venue and did nothing while K9 spend a lot of his time, doing everything and clean up, not you.

Top Bottom