• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Maybe you've got some role where you can only kill people who use that phrase you want us all to say?
Haha! How awesome would that be? <3, are you Satan trying to convince us to sign your contract? Are you Napoleon breeding his dogs so as to be unchallenged?

Why would a person be allowed to lie about their alignment but not say it in a specific way? We might as well go through every phrase possible and see if someone's not allowed to say it. That being said, je suis le towne.
Good point.

Also, can you address a few things for me, <3?

1. What will we do if someone doesn't participate in this? Are we just going to vote a possibly valuable player just because they don't go along with this, possibly because they'd rather focus on some of the points we brought earlier or rather converse on the nature of the game? As tmw_redcell pointed out, who's to say that a townie may not be allowed to say what you have told us to say? I think it's irrational to write them off as mafia and be rid of them when they might be more valuable alive than dead.

2. I want to see you post, "I am town" after you answer my questions.

... >_> why are we doing this? LOL

I was joking
Hell, not even the person to propose the idea had faith in it, you seriously just read it and said something along the lines of, "ok lets do it".

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Also, can you address a few things for me, <3?

1. What will we do if someone doesn't participate in this? Are we just going to vote a possibly valuable player just because they don't go along with this, possibly because they'd rather focus on some of the points we brought earlier or rather converse on the nature of the game? As tmw_redcell pointed out, who's to say that a townie may not be allowed to say what you have told us to say? I think it's irrational to write them off as mafia and be rid of them when they might be more valuable alive than dead.

Hell, not even the person to propose the idea had faith in it, you seriously just read it and said something along the lines of, "ok lets do it".
You know, even though I didn't say it outright, I thought that it was pretty obvious that I wanted to people to restrain from posting their claims until <3 could answer these questions. Not only that, but look at Mediocre's post.

If people wouldn't mind, please do not claim.
Just two posts after Mediocre's and 1 after mine!

Sure. I'm town.
Thanks man, looks like you really considered the previous posts. If it wasn't for you being one of the most active members(on the 2nd day of playing anyway), I would have been close to campaigning for your lynch. But since I would not have wanted to get rid of someone who could potentially have been looking out for me, I would have digressed.

Anyway, this is my last post for the night, so if <3 comes and posts in the middle of the night and I don't respond, it's because I'm asleep, not that I'm shying away. I'll make sure to respond to his answers by the end of tomorrow(barring some kind of computer failure :p).

smashman90

Smash Lord
I am starting to become susupicious of <3. I mean, why would a mafia member be asking people to claim their side? The mafia members know all who aren't mafia and would have no need to ask such a question like this. This leads me to suspect that this could be a hint to <3's role power. Idk about you guys, but I wouldn't claim which side you are on as we could be potentially screwing ourselves over.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Maybe <3's role IS Tera. And she'd probably be mafia just because she was so annoying.
This was exactly the thing I didn't want happening. It was pretty obvious after one look at <3's first post who his character was. (or at least who he was trying to immitate) Now Kira might have a name down.

But let's make the most of this situation. His character role is already revealed so let's just see what Kira does.

smashman90

Smash Lord
But maybe Kira won't do anything. If somebody is going to be Kira, then we can assume that this person must be a smarty pants. So since he knows that we are waiting for him to do something, maybe he won't do anything at all. It also makes me wonder if L is a role in this game. . .

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
I am starting to become susupicious of <3. I mean, why would a mafia member be asking people to claim their side? The mafia members know all who aren't mafia and would have no need to ask such a question like this. This leads me to suspect that this could be a hint to <3's role power. Idk about you guys, but I wouldn't claim which side you are on as we could be potentially screwing ourselves over.
Ah! So I'm not the only one..

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Another rule I forgot to mention

You are not allowed to quote your PM. You can paraphrase it, but not directly post it.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Okay, first off, this is completely wrong. In every way, wrong to claim even your side. I only played along because <3 pressured me into it. Just think about it for a few seconds and you should realize that obviously his intentions are not to find mafia. It's gotta be a weird role thing. From now on, I strongly advise you all to ignore whatever <3 says to do..

FOS: <3

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Eor if you love me at all.. you will not let this man in
I laughed

FOS means Finger of Suspicion, it basically means "I'm officially suspicious of you". Besides that, they're useless.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Maybe you've got some role where you can only kill people who use that phrase you want us all to say? Why would a person be allowed to lie about their alignment but not say it in a specific way? We might as well go through every phrase possible and see if someone's not allowed to say it. That being said, je suis le towne. Also, it may be possible that a person is town but they can't say they are for some other reason. Some character who can't admit that he's a good guy. Nobody like that comes to mind, but neither does a villain that can't lie.
<3 was wondering when someone with this logic would pop up. But yeah <3 does not have that kind of ability it will be obvious when ronkie and Lombardi don't die that this is not a killing method and if they do at any point with out cause please come back to this post. <3 only asked for that specific example because ronkies "town" response does not necessarily mean he is calling himself town.
But that said <3 is happy to see you understand the logic behind it.
Please though feel free to say it any way you'd like "I am not mafia, Mafia I am not, I am sided with town" other languages as well should work.
<3 would also like to point out that this is whole idea isn't his own but is actually in direct response to KevinM's joke post. Though it could be a lucky coincidence in <3's favor consider that as well.

As for specific examples of a characters like that <3 had in mind, Abe Lincoln(honest abe) or George Washington(that whole tree deal). It doesn't need to be a villian, last mafia game <3 was nana in a masonry with a town character and he was still mafia. A villian could be pro-town. <3 believes jigglypuff was mafia boss.

<3 will mark TMW down on his "I am not mafia, honest" list after a few more people say it, and also while this is going on please feel free to discus other happenings if that fits your fancy.

As <3 said in response to TMW, as long as you say a statement that would force you to lie as a mafia <3 doesn't care it serves the same purpose he expressed in the beginning. And the other part of this question alone <3 can't really do anything. The plan was to see if there was a sole player who would out right refuse to take part. If there was it would be safe to assume this player was indeed mafia with a role that prevents them from saying other wise and as a whole we, the town, would vote this character off.

I am town.
And just so <3 can keep his third person stance, by "I" <3 means... "<3". Forcing <3 to say this however is flawed logic because in theory if I do have this ability it probably wouldn't affect myself.

But let's make the most of this situation. His character role is already revealed so let's just see what Kira does.
Terra is not <3's role.

<3 has a question, what would you do in a situation where 29 people said they were not mafia and one refused because it was a stupid thing to say?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
This doesn't even require trust to do people, lol.

Since 20 out of the 30 people playing aren't going to read that post. Answer <3 this.
what would you do in a situation where 29 people said they were not mafia and one refused because it was a stupid thing to say?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
FOS: The initial group of three or four people who started asking questions about <3's role

I can't remember exactly who all of you are, seeing as how that was 2 pages ago, but I'll be going back soon and rereading so I can decide who to vote for.

Anyone who openly speculates about <3's role is officially suspicious to me, as is anyone who trys to phish for hints about it. Furthermore, anyone who is voting for <3 because he's asking people to say that they are town is also suspicious to me. I know that's a ton of people, but I'll be going back soon and picking out who I think is the most suspicious of that group.

Ok, I know this is Hellhouse mafia and all, but seriously, I can't even imagine the possibility of some role that benefits from people saying "I'm town." People say that ALL THE TIME in mafia games. Making a roles that gains significant power from that would be pretty out of control, ESPECIALLY in a thirty man game. That's just one role speculation I can't even comprehend.

As for why I find people who are pressuring/speculating about <3, my reasoning is this. <3 has an obvious role restriction, thus, he's natural topic of discussion relating to role speculation, and an easy target for phishers. Trying to figure out people's roles this early on (or pressuring them toward a potential name/roleclaim, which is what mindless bandwagoning, or simply voting does), is very dangerous in this game IMO. Based on what I believe the role of Kira to be, that is, a role-name based daykiller, putting ideas out there and discussion the potential candidates for <3's role only helps Kira figure out who he is, and as such, makes the possibility that he (Kira) will strike greater. If that happens, day end abruptly and we go straight to night with relatively little to consider, and come back in day two with perhaps a slew of night happenings that could really throw us off track. My feeling is, that some mafia/independents may be hoping for this to happen, since they thrive on confusion and lack of discussion.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
wow i missed a lot.

a few people are kinda suspicious but not any one more than another.

D

defjamffny16

Don't feel bad Ender, I was just on here last night and I have missed a lot too.

Vote: <3

This guy is acting really funny...I don't trust him and I'm going to go with my guy on this.

To be honest, I think he's trying to distract us all with saying this "I am town" thing so we can't concentrate on finding Mafiats. I think he is trying to completely throw us off track.

I doubt saying that we're town would trigger someone's death because no one has died yet! Unless he has to wait till the night phase or something. Either way, I'm not chancing it. If no one that said it is killed during the night, then I will be happy to say it the next day.

So you don't think there's anything weird about this Frozenflame?? You said that you're suspicious on everyone who FOSED, Voted, or asked <3 questions about why he's doing what he is. I don't doubt <3 has a post restriction where he has to refer to himself in the third person, I mean that's about the only thing that makes sense about him. In Kingdom Hearts Mafia there was a guy that had to talk like Goofy. Anyway, role restriction or not something's not right here.

D

defjamffny16

Oh yeah, Frozenflame, if you have so much faith in <3 over here, why haven't you said "I am town" yet?

Unless I just missed it...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I doubt saying that we're town would trigger someone's death because no one has died yet! Unless he has to wait till the night phase or something.
Most killing roles in mafia games do. Daykilling is a very powerful ability, and it's rarely included in games. It's usually found in either very large games (even larger than this one) or it's countered by some weakness that the role has to compensate for such a strong ability.

I would place my bets against there being any daykiller in this game, although there are no certainties.

Anyhow, I'm hesitant to vote for <3 just yet. He's definitely the most suspicious player in the game right now, but at the same time he hasn't done anything particularly scummy. He's just done lots of stuff that doesn't make a lot of sense. Reminds me of Pythag in Trigun mafia, actually.

I'm not going to vote for him yet, but I'm very wary of him now.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
Wow, the post rate is off the charts! It's gonna be very hard to keep up, especially since when I go home for the break I might only be able to get on once per day.

But anyways, Ronike, I was confused as to why you voted me, but I see you just misread. But I have seen Death Note, and he would kill his own family if that's what it took to win. He's pretty much the definition of independent, even though he starts off killing only bad criminals. I guess it's possible that Eor made him town, but it'd not be like the role at all. And it's gonna get quite hard if we can't claim our roles to save ourselves. I mean, that was pretty much all I was working with when I was defending Pythag in Trigun Mafia. Also, I know we stopped talking about No Lynches quite a while back, but I think they could be a viable option if the town has not discussed enough, and if there are not that many players (keep in mind that I've played in really small games). But in a game this big, especially now after all this discussion, it should be mostly helpful for us (yes, I'm town).

And about <3, I think it would be really odd for Eor to give a mafiat that obvious of a post restriction. It's possible of course, but I think he wouldn't be as active.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
What things are <3 doing that are suspicious again he missed that post?
Oh... the one where he asks people to say they are town aligned; definitely vote worthy.

That is <3 being sarcastic and mocking people who have voted for him because their logic is silly.

Also... sorry chill :(
You are still <3's favorite Ice Climbers player...

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Is there such a role that wins if they die? It almost seems like <3 wants a good ol' fashioned lynchin'.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Heh, <3 has figured it out... mafia is afraid <3 can tell if they lie though some ability. Don't worry thats not the case.

It kind of sucks people aren't reading all of the posts. If they were <3 could say things like "Take note of the people who are brushing off the idea with a line or two." and people would consider the idea.

"The I'm Not Mafia, Honest" List 6/30
1. Mediocre - not mafia
2. Xsyven
3. TMW_Redcell - not mafia
4. Mic_128
5. <3 - not mafia
6. Gamefreak
7. Meowkitty007
8. Ender
9. KevinM
10. Yeroc
11. omegawhitemage
12. Chill
13. Tom
14. Spam_Master
15. Commonyoshi
16. Jiano
17. Frozenflame751
18. Ronike - not mafia
19. Pythag
20. Smashbot226
21. Axemangx - not mafia
22. Riciardos
23. Mr.Lombardi34 - not mafia
24. Flipstar
25. Diamondfalcon
26. defjamffny16
27. Smashman90
28. Camo-man
29. Marshigio
30. Egruntz

Link <3 to any he's missed.

If you don't understand what this list is you should read more.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, this thread has had like, 100 posts since I went to school.

@ Smashman90, I think it's a Hello Kitty face mask, like the ones doctors wear. Someone changed it, and I just kept it since then.

While I think that <3's talking in the third person has something to do with his role, I don't know many people who talk in the third person, apart from Tera. And, as I never came across Tera, I have no idea whether she'd be Town / Mafia / Independent. So I still have no one to vote for.

By the way, you misspelled "Tera" when you said "Terra is not <3's role". Intentional, or just accidental?

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
<3, not everyone is going to do that anyway. It is unlikely that there is a role that can't lie in the first place, plus, you're never gonna get everyone to do it, plus, there may be a townie who can't lie, PLUS, this could be some kind of distraction gimmick.

<3, you are just too suspicious, and to me, it's not really worth the risk. I will just feel better oce you are gone. Vote: <3

Jiano

Smash Ace
You need to change your location to something that
Why are people even going along with <3's plan. It doesn't accomplish anything and is just wasted effort. He isn't very scummy to me, he just has a ridiculous idea. Frozenflame is right about people trying to find out roles. Revealing <3's role to everyone would only hurt the town, so it's a good idea not to discuss it unless it's necessary.

Removing my joke vote Unvote: Frozenflame

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
"The I'm Not Mafia, Honest" List 6/30
1. Mediocre - not mafia
2. Xsyven
3. TMW_Redcell - not mafia
4. Mic_128
5. <3 - not mafia
6. Gamefreak
7. Meowkitty007
8. Ender
9. KevinM
10. Yeroc
11. omegawhitemage
12. Chill
13. Tom
14. Spam_Master
15. Commonyoshi
16. Jiano
17. Frozenflame751
18. Ronike - not mafia
19. Pythag
20. Smashbot226
21. Axemangx - not mafia
22. Riciardos
23. Mr.Lombardi34 - not mafia
24. Flipstar
25. Diamondfalcon
26. defjamffny16
27. Smashman90
28. Camo-man
29. Marshigio
30. Egruntz

If you don't understand what this list is you should read more.
I'd love to read move, but this thread honestly moves faster than I have time to read.

Tell me-- how'd you compile this list? Just because someone wasn't mafia in the past, doesn't mean they won't be mafia now.

Top Bottom