• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wow. I really don't want a rushed lynch, and this is looking more and more like it's going to be one.

I don't think there's all that much more to be said about the current situation, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the way things are progressing. An extension would be appreciated, Eor, if possible. I don't think it will do much practically, but it might calm this "must lynch now" mentality that seems to be sweeping through this game.

I'd appreciate if you explained why. If it's just because you agree with what <3's says, that's fine, but if you've got any reasons of your own it would be probably be beneficial to the town to give them, as well as allow me to respond to them.
I agree with what <3 says pretty much. Just go reread what he said, because I'm sure I can't say it much better.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'm feeling that if I don't have a deadline, the first day won't end, and you will all leave for lack of interest.

But, I'll extend it one day to friday.
Thank you. That's all I was asking for.

I just wanted a bit of time to let people fully consider the options and make their decisions, rather than feeling rushed into it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Ah, ****.

I tried to post that a while ago, and left the computer. When I came back it said the page hadn't loaded, so I figured it hadn't worked. Bleh.

Anyway, it's fine if you agree with <3, Handorin. I just wanted to get a sense of the reasoning behind your vote, and saying you agree with <3 gives me that sense. I don't agree with it, of course, but I have a biased view of the whole situation.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Edit: Never mind, got confused for a second. BLHMRO or whatever is Zantesu.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Egruntz has 13 on him

and it looks like he's willing to take down the other two suspects as well

Egruntz i have to salute you for using your bomb for the town.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, nevermind. I think it's bad practice to deceive other townies, no matter how careless their play style may be.

If you'd actually been paying any kind of attention to the thread, you'd be aware that egruntz claims to have a "bomb" role, which allows him to kill off any two players who voted for him.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
well you shouldn't put of reading the thread much longer. The first day is about to end and once it does the game will only move even quicker.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'd ask for people to wait a bit before placing any more votes, to allow egruntz to place a vote on himself, if he wants to.

We need sixteen to lynch, I think, and we're at fourteen. egruntz, assuming you're being truthful about your role and only want to take one other person down with you, you'll have to place a vote on yourself. If you want to take two people down, don't place any votes. At this point, it really looks like you're going to be lynched, so try to act strategically with the power you have left.

If you're stuck for people to kill when you get lynched, my offer remains open, although I'd appreciate if you tried to avoid killing me unless you truly feel I'm mafia, or you simply can't figure out who else to target. I'm probably the main advocate of this lynch, so I ought to be willing to bear the responsibility. I would really appreciate it if you'd use this as a last resort, however. I have no desire to die.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Mediocre, are you now the first vote?

Egruntz, if you're town, I'm sorry for voting you. Keep in mind that if the town goes on to win the game, then you win the game as well. Use your power wisely and you could still contribute a lot to the town, like the true Leonidas. Either go with Mediocre's plan and hammer vote yourself, or just try to choose targets you think are mafia.

But if you want to go with Mediocre's plan, re-read your role carefully. It may occur that if you self-hammer, it just be the second-last person to vote for you that dies since the last one is already dead and is therefore not a viable target. It will likely not say this explicitly in your role, but the meaning will be there. Or you could try PMing Eor about it.

All that being said, I still think lynching Egruntz is probably our best option for day one, hardly perfect but on this deadline it's not bad.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
He said that he gets to choose the two people to kill. He doesn't need to vote for himself and Mediocre is under no automatic danger from voting first for him.

Egruntz, do not submit to kill <3 or Mr.Lambardi, we need to talk to them further about their roles.

Also, we should probably talk about who the doctor should protect. Should the doctor protect Mr.Lambardi because of his own doctor like role?

Florida

イーグランツ
My PM doesn't say anything about if I count as the second person to die (if I'm the last vote). Though, just to be safe, I'll be the final vote anyway. Hopefully I choose the two right people, eh? ;p

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Maybe we should start discussing who it is, assuming ergruntz is truthful, ergruntz should kill off. This would practically be another lynch option for us, and it should reveal more information about who we all suspect. If he is mafia then this whole bit will turn to waste; however, we can still use the suspicions collected for the next day.

I'm still deathly suspicious of KevinM though I cant figure out why.
Any of the innactives would do nicely too.
<3 is a meh.

Ronike

Smash Ace
hmm... Im back, but Im lacking the time and patience to read up and therefore are feeling very useless. So, Im willing to be the last vote for two reasons:
A) Im feeling very useless
B) If he does get to pick, its best if I hammer with my role

If you guys dont want me to hammer, Im ok with it. If you do, Im cool with it too. Egruntz has to vote first though.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Third vote count

Smashbot: Pythag (1)
Egruntz: Mediocre, TMW_Redcell, KevinM, Smashbot, Commonyoshi, Gamefreak, Flipstar, Mr.Lombardii, Smashman90, Yeroc, OMegawhitemage, DiamondFalcon, Meowkitty007, (13)
Mediocre: <3, Handorin (2)

16 to lynch

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Who are all of the inactives?
4. Sinz
11. omegawhitemage
16. BHLMO
17. Frozenflame751
21. Ligolski
22. Riciardos
4, 16, and 21 just joined recently though, so they're probably catching up. The others have been here throughout the game though.

Speaking of inactives,
I'M IN!!! And I promise to be active this time.
:ohwell:

hmm... Im back, but Im lacking the time and patience to read up and therefore are feeling very useless. So, Im willing to be the last vote for two reasons:

If you guys dont want me to hammer, Im ok with it. If you do, Im cool with it too. Egruntz has to vote first though.
I don't think you should, because I have a feeling your hammer vote will be in self-interest, seeing that you haven't even caught up to speed. It sounds like you just want to go with the crowd and then duck and cover with your hammer vote, as you've said it's something to do with your role.

For those that don't catch my drift, hammer votes(and sometimes first votes) have benefits for certain roles.

This is the most I can say about it without inquiring you about your role, which I really don't care to do right now.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
"Hey guys, I'm feeling a little lazy right now, so I'll do you the favor of ending the day so I can get the spoils, yeah guys, I'm willing to do it".

Only because you haven't read. You still have a vote to cast, you're not useless.

I simply can't get over how scummy and self-interested that sounded, you won't go along with the plan even if the majority of the players ask you to do something as simple as voting for Egruntz before he or someone else votes on him? Do you expect us to let you do this for the rest of the game?

Handorin

Smash Hero
I agree. Might I suggest we make a list of which two people we want dead?

Who are all of the inactives?
I would suggest Mediocre at the least and perhaps smashbot as well since we have seen a lot of debate on him. I also have this feeling about Meowkitty, but it isnt much more that a feeling.

As for the doctor, Lombardi sounds like a good idea due to his roll. I would also save <3. He seems to be protown and has been playing very smart.

Ronike

Smash Ace
If you want me to not hammer but still vote, I can do that too. Just right now Im dealing with jet lag a bit still and then I need to get re-caught up this weekend with school. Maybe afterwards I can get re-caught up with the game, but it wont matter as the day ends tommorow. I just dont want the day to end with a no lynch as I dont like them... not as much evidence that way. And yes, I benefit from lynches, but not in a negative way for the town, just a way to counter act a negative I have. If you guys want, I can reveal my role, no harm in it as its nothing, just a negative and a way to counteract it.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Maybe afterwards I can get re-caught up with the game, but it wont matter as the day ends tommorow.
Everything matters, so everything you can learn will help.

And yes, I benefit from lynches, but not in a negative way for the town, just a way to counter act a negative I have. If you guys want, I can reveal my role, no harm in it as its nothing, just a negative and a way to counteract it.
That willingness sounds kinda fishy to me, but I'll be willing to listen to what it is you do.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Actually that's an interesting point I didn't think to check, which I'm going to go do now; but in the meantime, anyone remember if egruntz said he can kill anyone or just the people that voted for him?

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
Well Ive been gone for a while but I remember Egrunts was suspicious so I am fine with being #14 (according to Eor's last count)

vote:Egruntz

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You're here Ronike, and so am I, we could finish the day if we wanted to. It's just a tough decision, really, but I do think it suspicious for you to want to pull the hammer vote so bad, which makes me want to tell you to vote now so I can finish it, but if what you're saying is true, as in it's good for the town, I want to hear it. But even if I do hear it, I'll be skeptical and will just want to end it anyway.

Then again, I'd like an opinion from anyone else who is reading this too, what should be done?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
and I guess I'll be vote number 15 for egruntz, and the plan is that he will be vote number 16 on himself.

vote: egruntz

I've been fairly inactive due to the holiday season and my judging the WWYP contest, but both of those are soon over and all my attention will be geared towards Hellhouse.

Speaking of which, does anyone else find it strange that even in lieu of everyones' voting for egruntz, Handorin (a new replacement) voted for Mediocre. In later posts, he defended <3 and said that if he were a doctor, he would protect <3. And then when confronted about his seemingly reasonless vote, he took the questioner's reason, being "<3 has a good point."

You're on my radar, sir.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Egruntz good luck man... Hope you know what you're doing on who you pick ^_^..

Common.. as the day draws to a close is their anything i can do for you to help alleviate the suspicions.. or would you preferably wait for day 2?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
and I guess I'll be vote number 15 for egruntz, and the plan is that he will be vote number 16 on himself.

vote: egruntz

I've been fairly inactive due to the holiday season and my judging the WWYP contest, but both of those are soon over and all my attention will be geared towards Hellhouse.

Speaking of which, does anyone else find it strange that even in lieu of everyones' voting for egruntz, Handorin (a new replacement) voted for Mediocre. In later posts, he defended <3 and said that if he were a doctor, he would protect <3. And then when confronted about his seemingly reasonless vote, he took the questioner's reason, being "<3 has a good point."

You're on my radar, sir.
I was thinking the same thing about Hadorin actually.. and saying to Kill Medi.. like right off the bat is a bad move imo.. he could be a helpful player if he is pro-town.

I need more evidence before i'd want the bomb in his face.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
A vote is finalized, but now we must wait a few. The day is not over, but the vote count is done. Day will end soon.

Final Day 1 vote count

Smashbot: Pythag (1)
Egruntz: Mediocre, TMW_Redcell, KevinM, Smashbot, Commonyoshi, Gamefreak, Flipstar, Mr.Lombardii, Smashman90, Yeroc, OMegawhitemage, DiamondFalcon, Meowkitty007, Ender, Tom, Egruntz (16)
Mediocre: <3, Handorin (2)

16 to lynch

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
Actually, unless you are trying to do something special, you should end the day now. Traditionally, the day ends when the vote count on someone reaches the required amount for a lynch even with a deadline.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Oh, wow. That happened fast.

And Wikipedia, I'm sure Eor knows that. There are any number of reasons that he might not want to end the day yet. My suspicion is that egruntz gets to send in his bomb choices before he dies, and Eor is waiting for that. I may be wrong, of course, but that's my guess.

Top Bottom