• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eor's Hellhouse Mafia - Night 2 (totally cancelled)

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Egruntz, I think I got it! You are a bomb or maybe paranoid gun owner. If you get lynched, it kills whoever cast the final vote, and if you get nightkilled, whoever tried to get you dies too, right! I'm pretty sure that's it, but I have a feeling it is a town role actually.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I mean, it makes no sense that a suicidal role is independent, and the mafia wouldn't have that kind of role in their group, so I am just going to assume that egruntz is a very in-experienced townie. Not to judge just by his role, but that is my feeling, and that we should listen to him and ignore.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
That came to my mind for a little, but then I asked this question, is he both? I think his role would be way to powerful if he was both because then basically whenever he dies someone will go down with him. In my opinion he's 1 of the 2, not both. I think he is lying about one of his roles, or at least hiding something.

Florida

イーグランツ
Maybe, maybe not.
I'm pretty sure that Eor didn't intend for this role to act like a kamikaze, but it's the best way to utilize it, as I see it.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Well, there's that possibility.

There's also the possibility that he's trying to scare people into not lynching or nightkilling him, which doesn't seem all that unlikely.

No way to know, really.

Florida

イーグランツ
That came to my mind for a little, but then I asked this question, is he both? I think his role would be way to powerful if he was both because then basically whenever he dies someone will go down with him. In my opinion he's 1 of the 2, not both. I think he is lying about one of his roles, or at least hiding something.
Everything I've said has been truthful. And as of this point, I'm not hiding anything except for my role and name. You can choose to believe that, or you can choose not to. But in the end you'll know that I wasn't lying, and you'll most likely regret lynching me, if you do.

Threats, threats, threats, ;o

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
I mean, it makes no sense that a suicidal role is independent, and the mafia wouldn't have that kind of role in their group, so I am just going to assume that egruntz is a very in-experienced townie. Not to judge just by his role, but that is my feeling, and that we should listen to him and ignore.
That is very true, and now that i've hopped on over to the roles section in the flash guide, it DOES say that most/all suicidal roles are pro-town. But still, why would he mention the second part of his role now? it doesn't make sense that he would reveal the second part of his role at that moment, and I seriously DOUBT that he just realized it then and there. I have a really big feeling i'm missing something, and i don't know what. Also i was going to revoke my vote on egruntz because mr.lombardi made sense of the situation, but egruntz, your response to my quandaries were insufficient and made me suspect you more. Right now i'm going to try to piece together everything, and hopefully find out what egruntz's deal is.

Ok mid-typing thought right here- have we forgotten the "this is sparta" thing he had? Would Leonidas be a bomb or suicidal roll?

Florida

イーグランツ
But still, why would he mention the second part of his role now? it doesn't make sense that he would reveal the second part of his role at that moment, and I seriously DOUBT that he just realized it then and there.
Maybe because I DID just realize it then and there, like I've said. I deleted my message that Eor sent me involving my role, I asked for him to re-send it to make sure on some parts. As I've read through it again, I realized there was more to my role than I thought. Simple, really.

Ok mid-typing thought right here- have we forgotten the "this is sparta" thing he had? Would Leonidas be a bomb or suicidal roll?
As I've said, I don't think Eor intended my role to be something suicidal. However, making it something suicidal is the way I best see it being used as. If the Mafia don't attack, then I'm fit and safe! If they do attack me, then I'll just take one of them down with me. However, if you guys lynch me, then there's also a chance that I'll take one of the townies with me instead.

Me saying "THIS IS SPARTA!", "as I've said before", could be because of three options:
1) It has something to do with my role.
2) I'm trying to make it seem like something it's not.
3) I just like saying it.

And that's something that I will keep secret from you guys. It's all apart of my game I have set up. Not that it matters anyway, if you know or don't know.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Maybe because I DID just realize it then and there, like I've said. I deleted my message that Eor sent me involving my role, I asked for him to re-send it to make sure on some parts. As I've read through it again, I realized there was more to my role than I thought. Simple, really.

As I've said, I don't think Eor intended my role to be something suicidal. However, making it something suicidal is the way I best see it being used as. If the Mafia don't attack, then I'm fit and safe! If they do attack me, then I'll just take one of them down with me. However, if you guys lynch me, then there's also a chance that I'll take one of the townies with me instead.

Me saying "THIS IS SPARTA!", "as I've said before", could be because of three options:
1) It has something to do with my role.
2) I'm trying to make it seem like something it's not.
3) I just like saying it.

And that's something that I will keep secret from you guys. It's all apart of my game[ I have set up. Not that it matters anyway, if you know or don't know.
Ok, fine i'll unvote you

unvote:egruntz

HOWEVER, i want confirmation from Eor himself that he sent you the PM, and if he says that he never sent you anything, then that proves your guilty/lying and i'm voting for you, end of story. So Eor, mind telling us if what egruntz says is true?

Oh and Egruntz, if it turns out that you did recieve the PM from Eor, i sincerely apologize and i reliaze that i jumped to conclusions to fast.

Florida

イーグランツ
^.^

I could just get a screenie, but that'd be too easy.
Apology accepted-- though, really, there's nothing to apologize about. It's all apart of the game, concluding and theorizing.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Oh goodness. You've spoiled your role, and thus you have taken away any use it may have had.
I've encountered this role before in another mafia game outside of smashboards and everything seems to fit so far. However, what exactly were you doing this whole time? That's what I dont understand. Were you trying to act important for the mafia or something?

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Did you guys read the rules? Because both of you just either contemplated breaking them, or asked the moderator to break them for you.

HOWEVER, i want confirmation from Eor himself that he sent you the PM, and if he says that he never sent you anything, then that proves your guilty/lying and i'm voting for you, end of story. So Eor, mind telling us if what egruntz says is true?

Oh and Egruntz, if it turns out that you did recieve the PM from Eor, i sincerely apologize and i reliaze that i jumped to conclusions to fast.
It doesn't work like that.

It's mafia. Players are allowed to lie about whatever they can get away with. You can't ask the moderator to vouch for someone.

I could just get a screenie, but that'd be too easy.
No, that would get you modkilled.

You're not even allowed to quote any private communications you get and put them in the public thread, let alone post screen shots of them.

Even if you did, I could easily create a fake PM in MS Paint, so it wouldn't really be much proof. It would still get me modkilled if I did, though.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Even if you did, I could easily create a fake PM in MS Paint, so it wouldn't really be much proof.
By this I mean I could send a PM to myself saying whatever I wanted it to, take a screen shot and use MS paint to edit it so it looked like Eor had sent it to me.

Not that I'd draw a PM in MS Paint, because that would just be really stupid.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I haven't been disrespectful all game, i find it disrespectful that you would sign up for a game of this magnitude.. and decide you don't feel like reading it. You just took a spot of someone who may have wanted to play and been active and read all the posts.

Sorry if i came off as harsh but i don't apologize for what i said, he needs to read it for himself.
I completely agree that she needs to read the game. You just need to be careful about how you say things as this hurts your chances of surviving.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I don't confirm anything. If I said "Yes!", then you'd have reason to believe him. If I said "No!", then you'd have reason to disbelieve him. I have no part in this, I'll never confirm a single thing like this

and Mediocre is right. If you take a screenshot/quote your PM, you will be modkilled. There is no questions asked, no forgiveness, no replacement.

Flipstar

Smash Journeyman
Ok mediocre my bad ugh now this makes things difficult >.<

I'm still not voting for egruntz yet, because his story makes sense IF it's true, and i don't seem to be able to poke any holes in it. Plus he's roleclaimed a helpful roll, so not lynching him now will be beneficial. If he screws up in the future we could merrily lynch him then, but right now the positives of keeping him alive outweigh the bad in my head.

Florida

イーグランツ
The whole "editing the PM" deal is why it was too easy.

@common
I meant to do what I did. I've made it known that the mafia should fear me, and the townies shouldn't bother with me. Now I'm set to go on about the game, helping the town decide the true mafia. If not, then I won't go without getting something done, as you know the basics of my role.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
No offense, but I think it would have been better for you to have died during the night, killing a mafia/independant, than for you to live and have us constantly woner if you're lieing or not. I dont see a reason to suspect you as mafia, but if I were in your possition I definitely would have done things differently.

DiamondFalcon

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Unless we were about to lynch you and you would hurt innocent townies, it would have been wiser to let the mafia target you and get them killed. Now you'll just be like an armor that we're never quite sure what side you're on. I did use a role like this before, though it was less powerful and killed the last voter in the case of a lynch, but only disabled the person from posting the next day if they were killed at night. And since this is supposed to have chaotic roles, I believe it may be possible, but your motives are still questionable.

Florida

イーグランツ
Commonyoshi, that's what YOU'D like me to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to stay in the game as long as possible? I mean, it'd kind of suck to join up a game to just be killed ASAP. The way I set things up, I'm pretty much safe for the game. If my fate is to die overnight, or to be lynched, then that's just as fine, since my role pretty much compliments that idea.

I'm meant to be a bad-***, hard to kill pro-townie. And if I go down, I'm taking others with me.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well first I'd like to point out my posts have been up to this point rushed due to life, so I apologize for that. I'd also like to add, as Kevm pointed out, it is my first game so I'm trying to find my voice right now so to speak.

To add to the discussion:

Lombardi

As things are right now, I have literally zero faith in his role claim. The only reason I removed my vote from him is that I felt I needed to think things through a little better and post some form of explanation with my vote. Basically I see it as far too convenient that his role just happens to be Jesus. We all know that Jesus was listed as one of the characters said to be in the game. However, it's impossible for any of us to confirm who is and isn't in without posting a PM or other such message. We still have scant information about anything at this point in time and the bit we do have seems suspect. So, my opinion is this. Chances are he's mafia, and most likely not particularly smart. He's claimed a role that was listed in the beginning, but there is ZERO proof as of now that any of those roles are even included. Therefore FOS: Lombardi

smashbot

Up to this point he seems to be acting intentionally stupid. Frankly I have no idea how someone could be legitimately that dumb, so while suspicious I see no reason as of now to vote for him.

Egruntz

As of now I see him as the biggest threat of the three. While he's given us seemingly all the information he has outside of a name, his main defense for everything he's said has just been general threats towards anyone who has anything to say about lynching him. He's encouraged that he be night killed by openly threatening the mafia, which says to me that he has no fear of being night-killed. This is either because he IS mafia, or he's actually telling the truth about his role. As of now I'm unsure which of these is correct but I fail to see any other potential options there.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Commonyoshi, that's what YOU'D like me to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to stay in the game as long as possible? I mean, it'd kind of suck to join up a game to just be killed ASAP. The way I set things up, I'm pretty much safe for the game. If my fate is to die overnight, or to be lynched, then that's just as fine, since my role pretty much compliments that idea.
That's what I'd want to do, but it's not what I'd do.

The point of the game is to make your side win, even if it means sacrificing yourself. If I was in your role, I'd try my damnedest to take down a mafia. The only time I'd even consider openly role revealing is if I thought I was going to be targeted by a vigilante, or lynched by a townie. Other than that, I'd take one for the team.

If that's not what you want to do, that's fine. It's your decision. But if you're only interested in staying alive as long as possible and not in helping your side win, you're a horrible mafia player.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Unvote: <3
FOS: egruntz

The whole role claiming idea for egruntz seems oddly suspicious. He may have just given off his whole role, but for some reason. Perhaps... hes the opposite on what hes claiming to be? I'm not sure myself. Mindgames, mindgames. I'll guess and say hes a role which has to do with saving. Makes sense.

Florida

イーグランツ
That's what I'd want to do, but it's not what I'd do.

The point of the game is to make your side win, even if it means sacrificing yourself. If I was in your role, I'd try my damnedest to take down a mafia. The only time I'd even consider openly role revealing is if I thought I was going to be targeted by a vigilante, or lynched by a townie. Other than that, I'd take one for the team.

If that's not what you want to do, that's fine. It's your decision. But if you're only interested in staying alive as long as possible and not in helping your side win, you're a horrible mafia player.
The way I see it, either way I'm "taking one for the team". If I survive, I'll help target down the mafia. If I am killed, then I'll take a mafia with me. Pretty simple, a win / win situation for me.

Florida

イーグランツ
**** @ no editing:
And please remember that I'm brand new to this, and am not as experienced as some others.
What I'm doing is what I think will help the town most, and that's that!

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Commonyoshi, that's what YOU'D like me to do. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't you want to stay in the game as long as possible?
Yeah, but no one suspected you until you pretty much pilled on reasons against yourself. >_>

But I suppose you're a noob, no offence, so meh

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah... don't vote egruntz because it is probable he isn't lying. He made mention of his town hurting abilities a while back, and it seems to fit a role of a guy who says for Sparta a bunch in that one movie. The guy that dies in end and takes people with him.

Egruntz is just another foolish poster who showed us agian how stupid role claiming is.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
hmm...everytime I decide I think someone is actually suspicious enough to be lynched something happens that makes it so they are just telling enough of a truth to not get caught. I guess this helps later in the game when we can catch mafia in their older lies.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
hmm...everytime I decide I think someone is actually suspicious enough to be lynched something happens that makes it so they are just telling enough of a truth to not get caught. I guess this helps later in the game when we can catch mafia in their older lies.
But for now, it's just really ****ing annoying.

Florida

イーグランツ
Yeah, but no one suspected you until you pretty much pilled on reasons against yourself. >_>

But I suppose you're a noob, no offence, so meh
*newb. ;o
I'm trying to save you townies from spending your time on me, but you refuse and keep on theorizing on how I'm lying or not. As I said, forget it. Really, is that so hard?

Florida

イーグランツ
Plus, many of you were "FOS"ing me, so didn't I have to defend myself and state why I wasn't mafia?
And once I do, you guys just get angry for no reason. Some of you still think I'm lying-- don't blame me because you refuse to believe.

Also, what's with the insults?
Surely, I've never said anything insulting to you guys. That just proves that even the "valued" members can be complete *****. It's a game, see it as one.

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you didn't dig yourself a hole no one would have FOS'd you. If you'd kept quite, you could have definately taken down a mafia if they night kill you, but now it's probable that they won't target you, so really I think you're less help this way.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This whole you guys are mean to me thing is kind of annoying. Can we just grow up and play?

No more you're being mean so i'm going to try and screw you over now. Lets play some Mafia.

Top Bottom